It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I looked up into the sky last night and saw the stars. Then I saw one start to move. I thought maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, but I kept watching, and it was definitely moving. It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles. I thought maybe it was a plane? But it looked just like the other stars, not a plane, and planes went by so I know it wasn't a plane. I then thought maybe it is a space station or satellite, but that can't be since the thing was moving left, right, straight, in circles. At the height this object resided, it had to be moving VERY fast to be moving as it did in the night sky. I'm clueless. I researched online and others have seen this same thing. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any explanations?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Sounds like a ufo. Depending on how tight the circles were. But i am sure the skeptics will find some ridiculous thing to blame it on. Ive seen lights that were floating there and in a second them zoom straight down into the earth..
edit on 29-12-2011 by CharonIncarnate because: Swear to god the ipad is horrible for typing.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   

My Mom has been telling me about seeing these things almost every night for several months, and she finally got to show me one 2 weeks ago when she visited. It is a star, nothing like what the passing jets look like. It seems to be much higher, no flashing beacon lights, just a dull white spot in the sky. It moves much more slowly than a jet, but I assumed it could be a satellite, but then from time to time it will stop moving, then change direction?

My Mom goes out to smoke, and she has the patience to just stare at the sky. It is easy to miss if you are glancing back and forth, because the movement is so slow. You have to stare at it to notice the movement relative to the other stars, and you have to stare for quite some time to see it stop or change direction.

Very odd.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It's interesting and I wish I could see one not to upset you but I think this should be in the grey area for now

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Sounds like a ufo. Depending on how tit the circles were. But i am sure the skeptics will find some ridiculous thing to blame it on. Ive seen lights that were floating there and in a second them zoom straight down into the earth..

Well a UFO is just something that is unidentified right?
Seriously I got all excited one night when several bright lights appeared in the night sky in triangular formation. At first I thought it was one star as it was a solid light. Then it moved, then others appeared. Then they split up. In fact it turned out they were helicopters. I was gutted...

edit on 29-12-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

Interdemenaional craft. IDC i coin this word. The lights ive seen a few times in different spots in the sky, just shoot straight down. Right outside our city. But i geuss someone could have thrown a flashlight up really friggin high and then turned the light on, and using a string turn in on and jerk it down and turn it back off before it hits the ground. Just an idea for the super skeptical.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

i have seen this with more than one star moving around
like they were playing tick
and only the other day my freinds son of 14 saw 5 stars darting around
area chester england

EDIT
i have another one for you my brother and sister along with their
familys went to the south of wales tenby i think anyway
my brother a skeptic was having a fag and saw this red light flying
all over the skies he even woke everyone up and they all saw something
that night that now hes not so skeptical any more
edit on 29/12/2011 by maryhinge because: EDIT

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Years ago I got home late from work one night, and sat down on the lawn to have a smoke (cigarette, for the record...
). It was a beautiful, clear night and I was looking up at the stars when I saw one move. It moved quickly and fluidly to the side, before stopping on a dime. Then it moved back. Suddenly, 3-4 other "stars" all moved as well. Their movements were rapid, but incredibly smooth. They zig zagged across the sky, moving in straight lines and tight circles for several minutes. Soon, they one by one began to just disappear, as if they simply "winked out".

These objects definitely weren't planes or helicopters. They made absolutely no noise.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Interdemenaional craft. IDC i coin this word.

Speaking of ridiculous...

So how have you determined this?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Those are your satellites.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

[COLOR=CYAN]
I have seen them ALL many have to do is take time away from their busy technological lifestyles and look up. I think you should try to see if you notice a pattern or SHAPES* made by ??? it is. Also telepathically communicate, (I know sounds silly) and ask away. Again try to see if you notice shapes / signs / or letters keeping in mind letters may not be modern.. I hope you enjoyed the experience as much as I do THEY ARE NOT ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES.

NAMASTE*******

[/COLOR]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

i totally agree

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Interdemenaional craft -CharonIncarnate

Ok, I will coin inter-dimensional craft as "My Own".

But seriously, your not the first to use that phrase, not by a long shot.

Sounds interesting OP, Get an Infra-red lens on that baby

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This has happened to me as well. I disregarded it as a satelite because when my buddies and I saw it it just went left then disappeared. So I figured it was a satelite moving.

However come to think of it now, it did move pretty fast, it's possible it was a UFO...

We don't get many sightings in Minnesota so we kind of accept that these things are satelites, but your sounds a lot more like some kind of UFO craft.

I'm going to watch the stars more often now though may be can get a great shot of these or see more sighting. If that looked like a star though, it was waaay high up there, prolly right outside the atmosphere.

S&F!

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
There is a strange optical illusion that can appear where stars seem to move when they really are not, after staring at them for periods of time. I would guess this is what happened with you, just an eye thing, unless of course the amount the star moved was extremely noticable, and could be seen to move relative to something else.

It's a little like these types of illusions:

4.bp.blogspot.com...

See, the shapes seem to move but they really aren't. Apologies if this is nothing like what you experienced.
edit on 29-12-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

In my case, my Mom had described seeing it many times, and tried to get me to run outside and look as well, but I never had. This night a couple of weeks ago, I was close by, and I stepped outside to see what she was hollering about. It was no optical illusion, the star started directly overhead and moved almost due east past all the other stars. A couple of passenger jets past by underneath of it heading SSE. The star moved much slower than the jets, but over 10 minutes or so it did traverse about 25% of the sky. Then, it stopped moving, and if I had taken my eyes off of it, I would have lost it. She got excited and said, "See, it stopped!" I was amazed. After a couple of moments, it started travelling due North at about the same speed as before, and then we lost it behind some trees. It was a noticeable pause, and then a 90 degree turn. There were plenty of things to compare it to. There were other stars, passenger jets, trees, clouds, etc.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would be positive it was a satellite, but I know satellites don't stop, and they don't turn.

I have no idea what it could have been.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Well, at last someone as watched what I have seen in the last two years... I have no explanation, but, actually, the last time I saw what you saw, it was in the past night of the 24th of December...

Actually I was looking at bright sky when I saw a star moving way way far in the sky.. it wasn't for me the first time, but, is always breath taking scene... so the star start moving, slowly for sometime then a little more fast and not in a straight line... I think it had a great velocity because of the distance if compared to playnes or something, it moved a lot faster...

I saw this phenomena in the North of Portugal - Europe

i guess this kind of thing's have something to with this "little" fellows" video:
www.youtube.com...

edit on 29-12-2011 by voyger2 because: location

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim
There is a strange optical illusion that can appear where stars seem to move when they really are not, after staring at them for periods of time. I would guess this is what happened with you, just an eye thing, unless of course the amount the star moved was extremely noticable, and could be seen to move relative to something else.

It's a little like these types of illusions:

4.bp.blogspot.com...

See, the shapes seem to move but they really aren't. Apologies if this is nothing like what you experienced.
edit on 29-12-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

Well with mine my wife, my three buddies and I all seen it at the same time...So optical illusion is kind of out of the question.

It was a summer night and we were having a bomb fire when we all kind of looked up and seen it...Kind of strange one way or the other though. Something is most def up there...Satelite, UFO, ISS or something...But we def seen it move for a quick period of time.

-SAP-
edit on 29-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
was there a cloud ceiling or maybe something to reflect light on up there ?
i saw something similar a few times and i figured it was a high power laser reflecting from dust or clouds high up in the sky.

another explanation could be a temperature layer in the athmosphere may reflect ground lights very similar to the effect you seem to see a wet road in the desert where air is moved up due to the intense heat.
This effect may work with lower temperatures too if there is just a sharp boundary between the layers of different temperature. these layers cannot be seen, just the lights as a reflection from a far away ground source

3rd explanation maybe not the best at this time of the year.
Sometimes there are love-bugs flying around emitting light. They usually not make it out too far from the ground, but sometimes high enough to let you think theres something high in the sky performing impossible maneuvers.

however its important to ensure you don't see a light reflection, which might lead to sightings of this sort when you wear glasses and something is shining on the inside of your glasses from behind reflecting this into your eye.

So these are the things i would check before getting too ecstatic on it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I see the stars above where I live moving about constantly but I really wouldn't attribute it to anything out of the ordinary - I simply put it down to shooting stars. If your watching the same part of the sky for long enough your eyes can also 'make things up' and you seem to think you've seen something move...which it hasn't. If, however, what the opening poster is saying is true then I'd be interested to know more. My expertise on stars are not as good as they on beer unfortunately.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join