It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
You should try and utilize the links in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To see if anything coincides with what you have seen. There is a plethora of informative sites linked through that OP to help discount any of the normal, everyday stuff.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Syroco

Wow. I saw the only five satellites in use that move back and forth, up and down and in circles. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I have seen about half a dozen of those this year, heres a recent one from yesterday morning.

edit on 29-12-2011 by 2ndSEED because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-12-2011 by 2ndSEED because: attemp to embed the video

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED

I have seen about half a dozen of those this year, heres a recent one from yesterday morning.

The key is to get familiar with what is up there in the sky, the longer you observe the more likely you will likely reconize what is a star and what is not.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I was replying to the Author of this thread, not the replies. If I was addressing everyone I would have implied so.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Satellites.
Not my 2 cent but 25.000 Dollar.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

Hello mate

When I was younger I used to camp in the garden in the summer at my nans cottage in rural suffolk. When it was a clear night me and my cousins used to notice quite a few of these moving stars.

There was next to no light pollution and visibility was great. Each night we used to see three or four of these over about an 8 hour period... At first i thought they were perhaps 'shooting stars' but they were moving far too slow, and erratically at that. Moving the way you describe and definatley not how you would expect something like MIR or satellites to move.

Once we even saw two of these objects collide, they bounced off one another and then passed around each other. Most surreal thing ever. I thought I had imagined it but my cousin said she had seen it too.

Thanks for the post nice to see someone else with an experience of these

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This might shred some light hopefully.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Worth a try..

P.N: I think its a UFO, but thats just IMO.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
I looked up into the sky last night and saw the stars. Then I saw one start to move. I thought maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, but I kept watching, and it was definitely moving. It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles. I thought maybe it was a plane? But it looked just like the other stars, not a plane, and planes went by so I know it wasn't a plane. I then thought maybe it is a space station or satellite, but that can't be since the thing was moving left, right, straight, in circles. At the height this object resided, it had to be moving VERY fast to be moving as it did in the night sky. I'm clueless. I researched online and others have seen this same thing. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any explanations?

i seen the exact same thing in the sky the other week, it was in the western sky just above the horizon around 3am, i was walking to the kitchen and out the back door i thought i seen something move, i stopped and looked and seen it was a star, but before i could turn my head back i saw it move slightly left and then up. IT looked exactly like a star only slightly brighter and was moving around like you described. I now have a Orion telescope with some barlow 2x lenses so i plan on checking it out when the sky isn't so cloudy here

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
i'm from an aviation background and i see these moving stars all the time. they are not planes. they are not helicopters. by their sometimes erratic flight paths they're not satellites either.

they are UFOs, hard for some of you skeptics to believe i know however when all other options have been ruled out, the one remaining, no matter how implausible, must be the answer.

my question regarding them is more this: i already know they can render themselves invisible, and move at such speeds as to not even be noticed with the naked eye... so as far as i'm concerned they're 'choosing' to show us that they're out there.

anybody that has any doubt about their existence should just look for the video of the "nasa tether incident". how anybody can claim that these things are anything other than UFOs is an even bigger mystery.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm very interested in the satellites that can move left, right and then in circles.

They must surely exist as many posters that have no doubt read the OPs post in full claim this is what is being described...

If this is not the illusion caused by looking a point of light against a black background then it was not a satellite.

Maybe it was a series of satellites moving in and out of the earth shadow causing the effect that it was a singular sat making dramatic movements? Maybe I don't like coffee?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Maybe it wasn't a star.

Did it go super fast, turn on a dime, go backwards and forwards, up and down all within the blink of an eye, much less around 1964............yeah we saw one of those "stars" too.

My brother in law who worked for McDonald Douglas at the time and knew his aircrafts and did not believe in ghosts, esp, little green men from mars, magic or anything "supernatural" grabbed us kids ran us into the house and turned off all the lights...........we lived on top of a hill on a farm.

It was the only time I ever saw this macho man scared.

After that one night we were never allowed to go out star gazing again.

This thing moved fast, zipped, zig zagged, up, down, backwards, forwards (without turning) and than went up so high so fast it disappeared.

But of course, you're going to get a bunch of debunkers here on ATS and this a be thrown in skunk works because our government doesn't like us to talk about such things.
edit on 29-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

My thread with similiar experience.

That is the thread I started 3 or so months back. I had similiar experience and didn't get many replies. It seems as though people love to comment on UFO vid's that are fake rather then first hand accounts of something above our atmosphere. It's hard to tell, but if\when I get a telescope I'll be checking it out myself.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Interdemenaional craft. IDC i coin this word.

Speaking of ridiculous...

So how have you determined this?

do you have anything better to do than to ask silly questions, let this one go, and contribute, please don't feed.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Excellent post OP! I and my family have been seeing these moving stars for years...My Grand Father showed them to my Mom when she was young, and she is now 75 years old...They didn't have satellites back then in the early 1940's... My kids make games out of picking the satellites from the sometimes crazy moving stars...

I don't believe we have ever been alone...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I had an experience like this once back in 2000. I was in Saudi Arabia at PSAB, (prince sultan air base). I was part of a four man fire team that was patrolling outside the base. we found a place to park and chill for awhile. it was probably around 0300 and I was laying on the hood of the HUMVEE staring up at the stars. thats when I noticed one of them moving slightly. it went left to right, right to left. stopping in between movements. then it would go in a circle clockwise then stop, then go in a circle counter clockwise and stop. I tried to point it out to my fire team only two of the other 3 saw it. we also saw a satellite moving by, and this did not match. we never told anyone else what we saw fearing that everyone would think we were nuts. but 3 out of 4 of us saw the same thing, and Im not so much of a skeptic any more. whatever it was, was way the hell up there, looked just like a star but wasnt. and no, there were no scheduled U2 flights that night (the only other explanation that would make sense.)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

[COLOR=CYAN]
I have seen them ALL many have to do is take time away from their busy technological lifestyles and look up. I think you should try to see if you notice a pattern or SHAPES* made by ??? it is. Also telepathically communicate, (I know sounds silly) and ask away. Again try to see if you notice shapes / signs / or letters keeping in mind letters may not be modern.. I hope you enjoyed the experience as much as I do THEY ARE NOT ARTIFICIAL SATELLITES.

NAMASTE*******

Can you please explain this. Are you saying we can communicate with the moving star? im very interested

[/COLOR]

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by starchild10

Interdemenaional craft. IDC i coin this word. The lights ive seen a few times in different spots in the sky, just shoot straight down. Right outside our city. But i geuss someone could have thrown a flashlight up really friggin high and then turned the light on, and using a string turn in on and jerk it down and turn it back off before it hits the ground. Just an idea for the super skeptical.

Coin this word? The word actually exists, it's called inter dimensional.

The least you could do if you're going to put little to no effort into why you are using that word, is at least spell it correctly.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I've been keeping an eye on the sky for the last couple of months and i've been seeing stuff like that. I've seen satellites and the ISS, i've seen C130's, f-18s, chinooks, blackhawks etc so I'm pretty confident i can tell what's flying over my head yet for the past few months i've been seeing some pretty amazing stuff. Last week i was driving west with a couple of buddies for a midnight burger run and we were all pretty amazed at this bright white light floating over the ocean. It looked like a plane's front lights yet they started to dim. Out of nowhere, the light shot straight down into the ocean, just like a meteor would. We were pretty dumbstruck by it and we still can't up with a clear explanation of what it was. Crazy thing is i've seen that happen at least twice a year for the past 5 years at different times of year. I've yet to figure out what those lights are...who knows?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join