It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus24

I used to live on Hurlburt Field and see all the things you named also.
As for the Bright Lights over the ocean, I saw that a few times, and I always assumed it was flares for the bombing range on the barrier island. The quick fall at the end could be when the flare burns through the parachute strings or gets hit by something. Just a theory though, I could be wrong.

I used to love to watch the C-130 gunships lighting up the sky at dusk! Those guns are impressive! We could watch from my desk for over an hour sometimes while they took out targets on the range.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gotta say, i've had my fair share of these sightings too and based on what i've learnt about satellites and space in general since, nothing natural or "man"-made could perform those kind of manouveres

My strangest experience ever though, was seeing something similar but in broad daylight. I was taking a stroll and having a smoke on a local field when I noticed a small white sphere (roughly twice the size of Jupiter as you see it in the sky now..). It was moving eratically through the clear blue summer sky, bouncing backward and forwards, zig-zagging up and down but I could tell it was only at about 800-1000ft

I watched it in awe for about 8-10 minutes... Next thing I know, a helicopter is roaring into view (uncommon around here except for police in the evenings..). It looked like a private, civilian type chopper which was painted lime green. Within a few seconds, the orb/sphere headed into it's direction and literally vanished INTO the helicopter and didn't come out the other side. I don't know if the pilot himself mentioned anything to air control but he was clearly startled and nearly plunged to the ground before getting the f** out of there

I reported it to the MoD and just got the standard reply along the lines of "we know as much as you do"

Yeah, right

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I've also witnessed this phenomenon; not lately, but I have seen it. Also, at times the same "stars" will "pop" on and off before or after moving, for lack of a better way of explaining it.

Maybe there is someone else here who has also witnessed the popping/strobing in addition to the movement?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
I really really
don’t understand why some people always think that they are smarter with his logical explanations of illusions ... bug's ... reflexions... satellites ... geeeeee's

I can understand and comprehend a movement of an artificial flying objet man made... and most of the people here can... they are smart also... and I don’t think their testimonials are illusions or fake, because it resembles a lot to what I have saw in the last years... and it wasn't only one time!!! And lot's and lot's of times .. in the same circumstance’s I didn't saw anything.... so ilusion my ***

And you know better because?

Why couldn't it have been an illusion? Oh, excuse me, I forgot... people who see UFO's are immune to all illusions

Have you tried to photograph one of these "strange objects" before? I have, and guess what? The track that it leaves is identical to that of a satellite ie straight.

So why do they leave straight tracks? We KNOW that the autokinetic effect (or an effect related to it), which is an optical illusion, is the cause.

A more subtle effect is known technically as the autokinetic effect. In this, natural movements of the eye make a stationary object appear to move irregularly, sometimes zooming up and down or swinging from side to side in a movement sometimes described as like a “falling leaf”. Autokinetic motion can be uncanny when watching artificial satellites, which often appear to zig zag or even make deviations around stars in their path.

Astronomical causes of UFOs.

This effect has long been known about by astronomers and by science in general, so deny ignorance all you want...

This question arises from time to time. I do not know about autokinetic, but it
is a common optical illusion. I found it most pronounced when observing bright,
slow-moving satellites, like the old Pageos balloon, which is no longer in
orbit.

Terence Dickinson offered this explanation in his astronomy field guide,
NightWatch:

"Whether satellites have a steady or fluctuating brightness, most novice
observers agree that they do not appear to move across the sky in perfectly
straight lines. There seems to be a perceptible waviness to their paths, a
jerkiness in speed as they glide through the starry background. In fact, these
oscillations are in the mind, not the sky. The satellites actually move in
precise linear paths at an even velocity.

The human brain likes to link patterns into a recognizable image. This is done
instantaneously in daily life. However, looking at one moving light in a
randomly dotted black sky, the brain constantly tries to produce these patterns
but fails. What are thought to be oscillations in the satellite's path are
really the unconscious workings of the mind trying to make sense out of an
unfamiliar visual environment. The result is, in effect, an optical illusion."

SeeSat-L - the mailing list for visual satellite observers

The truth is, that despite there being a perfectly good explanation for satellites (and other light sources - it's not only satellites) appearing to make strange maneuvers, you'd prefer to believe that there must be something much more mysterious behind what people are seeing. Could that possibly be because you are conforming to the group norms of the UFO community in general?

It's easy to confirm this, as I mentioned before. All you need is a camera with a 50mm F1.8 lens mounted on a tripod. A DSLR would be best, although it can be done with film (if you are on a tight budget). A second hand DSLR (Canon EOS 20D) would be more than adequate and can be found for peanuts these days. If you set the clock every few weeks, so that the time and date are precise, we can even identify the satellite which made the track in the photograph.
edit on 29-12-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: formating

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is what I posted when I had a similar experience. After this, I totally started believing that there are things out there that are hidden from the rest of the earths population.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

men i will not reply to your comments (im full of that).. believe in what ever you want... i think that the testimonials here speak for it self... so, one day, maybe if you are luck ... you will understand (if u have the privilege to that... advise... be in a place with no city light's and a clear sky)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Isn't it impossible to see a star move?
2nd Line

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I've witnessed this exact same thing 3 times now, the last 2 times were because I knew what to look for. It looked like any other star, but it was moving across the sky and changing directions. Of course I want to believe they were UFO's, but my rational mind tells me they are simply satellites that use thrusters to change directions. Possibly for spying, I don't know.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Isn't it impossible to see a star move?
2nd Line

Precisely! Thought it seems at first glance a star … in terms of size (very small light)… but suddenly it can start moving..that’s why is so freaking amazing.. sometimes you have to have lot’s of patient to see, because, when you stand in a place with no light’s around… you can see 10 times more stars then if where in place with city lights… and because of that… of the innumerous small stars that have to pay attention you may think that the stars are moving…but of course it isn’t star’s, it’s something else… I truly don’t know for sure what they are… but they move with different directions and velocities and incredible, they mix little curves with strait lines etc .. erratic movement.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

anti-grav crafts, they move like flys when you see them but it is real.
ummm whats all that about second lines?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
While I am a firm believer in UFO's and as much as I would like to say yes it was a star moving, it most likely wasn't. I have had the same thing happen to me. It turns out that it was probably a noticeably twinkling star that caught your attention. You see when you look at an inanimate object that is close in proximity to you, your eyes focus on it and your brain determines that it has an obvious shape and is stationary. But when you are looking at a star in the night sky, there are many differences. First of all, it is very far away with no discernible shape or size or anything. All you can see is a tiny flashing speck of light. Because it is so small and the flashes are so close together a pattern is created which your brain tries to analyze to determine some kind of observable properties. It does this by trying to focus the eyes on what is reflecting the light (we only observe matter because it has the unique property such that it reflects light). The fact is that it cannot determine a pattern or even focus on the star because of the distance between you and the star, the size of the star compared to that distance, and your visual range. It is your eyes refocusing over and over again that create the illusion that the star is moving. It is actually analogous to the movement you visualize when you become dizzy.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I to have seen many of these objects in the sky. They are definatly not satellites unless NASA have set up a satellite slalom course for them to have a go at

I know we aren't alone, it's just what I feel.

Edit to add: To say that all of these sightings are illusions, swamp gas and chinese lanterns is ridiculous to say the least, I know in some cases that may be the case but not all of them.
edit on 29/12/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wrote this in another thread on the same subject;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was out shopping in a retail park with my family, and my youngest pointed out a star that looked weird. Many times before we have observed stars and events, like the Geminids, so she knows what is a star or a plane. (And we have seen many UFOs, so she knows them too.)
The sky was exceptionally clear that night and we could see many stars

She points it out to me, and I noticed that it wasn't twinkling (like the others of the same mag. actually it was the same mag. as Venus) and it was absolutely stationary.
I don't know why but I am getting fed up with them, some may be nice and FOR earth but most I suspect are waiting to eat us.
So I pointed at the 'star' and shouted at the UFO to 'bug off'.
Immediately the magnitude turned right down and then it seemed to grow into a moon-width sphere, that was a very dull grey and then disappeared.
This wasn't the action of a satellite. And it did seem to 'hear' me. So yes, I agree with one post that they are telepathic.

(NB. If you do shout at them, make sure no one is walking towards you, it is very embarrassing. LOL)

The trouble is I don't totally believe that all UFOs are nasty, or extra terrestrial, or not man-made. So I probably shouldn't have shouted at it. :-D

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I have seen the same thing, its like a star is spying on us lol. I don't know what it is but something E.T. I doubt. Its probably a Russian or Chicom spy satellite that is made to look like a star or its demonic in nature. The Governments and demons are trying to make everyone believe in E.T. so the population denies God. Its the greatest trick the devil ever played on us, making us think he don't exist by acting like E.T.

The Greys are dead giveaways for demons. They only communicate by getting in your head, they have no sex organs and smell like SULFUR.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've seen this too! But it is an optical illusion of some sort. I don't remember the term! I learned it on here though. Just look at any star and stare at it for a while and you will see it move in the manner in which you saw it move. Is it pareidolia? DAMN I DON'T REMEMBER! There is a word for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I have no idea what it is, but i saw the same thing back in mid 90s.Then it was not just one "star" that moved, but several.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syroco
These are in fact SATELLITES in orbit, and perhaps even the ISS. This is a fact. Especially if it was moving in a linear path to the curvature of the Earth. (Would appear to be moving straight across the night sky, in a somewhat arching path.) Satellites appear the same way a distant star does.

Here is the ISS's path in the night sky if you were to see it:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Here is why it is a 99.9% chance that you saw a satellite and not a UFO:
www.nasa.gov...

^ This image shows roughly how many satellites are in orbit for just 1 side of the globe.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Syroco because: pics

edit on 29-12-2011 by Syroco because: pics

Only problem is that satellites dont change direction or speed.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
I've seen this too! But it is an optical illusion of some sort. I don't remember the term! I learned it on here though. Just look at any star and stare at it for a while and you will see it move in the manner in which you saw it move. Is it pareidolia? DAMN I DON'T REMEMBER! There is a word for it.

I know of this optic illusion, but it is nothing like what i saw at least. The "stars/objects" that moved in the sky actually moved all across the sky, changed directions before they finally vanished behind horizon.

I also had another person with me at the time that saw exactly what i saw.
I doubt it was alien spacecrafts, but it was definitely not stationary stars/planets or normal satellites.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I've seen exactly what you have described. I've seen satellites and this is not one of them. Wish I knew what it was too. Could have been alien, but most probably it's ours and something we haven't been told about, military? I saw it in the UK above my house just staring at the night sky. Was strange that I stared at it while it was stationary, drawn to it somehow. Then it moved moderately fast drawing the shape of a cross. Something that high would actually be moving really fast. Then I watched as it vanished slowly, my only explanation was that it zoomed off away from earth.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Yup, I've seen them as well. Headed north on I-81 just outside Wytheville. I love watching the sky when I'm driving. All of a sudden a star blinked into existence Shot up, shot down and did sort of a zig zag, then to the right of it, another blinked into existence and then did a zig zag movement toward the other, then I lost them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join