It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a star moving...?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I really really
don’t understand why some people always think that they are smarter with his logical explanations of illusions ... bug's ... reflexions... satellites ... geeeeee's

I can understand and comprehend a movement of an artificial flying objet man made... and most of the people here can... they are smart also... and I don’t think their testimonials are illusions or fake, because it resembles a lot to what I have saw in the last years... and it wasn't only one time!!! And lot's and lot's of times .. in the same circumstance’s I didn't saw anything.... so ilusion my ***.....

pardon me ... but i had to say this....

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

Couldn't agree more. People who debunk and try to give a explaination because they "know for a fact" they have the answers...Well did it ever occur to some people that this stuff is really going on and there is something bigger then you?

With the egos that fly around ATS I doubt it.

-SAP-
edit on 29-12-2011 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
I really really
don’t understand why some people always think that they are smarter with his logical explanations of illusions ... bug's ... reflexions... satellites ... geeeeee's

Jesus, relax. The opening post was made partly as a request for possible explanations, which are being given. No one has refuted or denied the OPs experience, or said it could not be a genuine UFO.

But sometimes it really is just a bug, or a reflection, or an illusion, and if you can't rule out the mundane, you can't come close to proving anything we should get excited about. No one is pretending to be smarter, or belittling, as far as I can tell this has been a very polite thread up until your silly outburst.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
In fact, if you read the replies, the ONLY TIME anyone has shown a closed-minded certainty is when they have declared "Genuine UFO", or "Inter-dimensional craft". Tis the truth.
edit on 29-12-2011 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I walked out last night and witnessed the same thing in the MO skies. It stopped after about 4 minutes and just stood still until I went in. At first, I knew it was moving because I used my roof line to keep track, then it stopped for the next 10 minutes and just look like another star. It was not constant motion in any one direction. Odd. Normally, the wandering lights I see are simple satellites or jets in straight lines. We live near Whiteman. I see Stealth fly over, sometimes as low as prop planes.

Originally posted by againuntodust
I looked up into the sky last night and saw the stars. Then I saw one start to move. I thought maybe it was my mind playing tricks on me, but I kept watching, and it was definitely moving. It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles. I thought maybe it was a plane? But it looked just like the other stars, not a plane, and planes went by so I know it wasn't a plane. I then thought maybe it is a space station or satellite, but that can't be since the thing was moving left, right, straight, in circles. At the height this object resided, it had to be moving VERY fast to be moving as it did in the night sky. I'm clueless. I researched online and others have seen this same thing. Has anyone else experienced this and do you have any explanations?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
i seen it
i am the proof !

i am the witness

perhaps i seen something a bit different , but same concept
2 days ago on clear sky i seen something like a star(it was flashing) and moving (not along with the other stars) It was moving like really moving fast and slightly going left and right at times

after 40 minutes it has crossed the entire sky
it looked so crazy like a supernova reaching earth
so if C are stars and X is it it looked like this

before
c.....c

c
c......c X

after 40 min
X
c.....c

c
c......c

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

I really really

Jesus, relax. The opening post was made partly as a request for possible explanations, which are being given. No one has refuted or denied the OPs experience, or said it could not be a genuine UFO.

But sometimes it really is just a bug, or a reflection, or an illusion, and if you can't rule out the mundane, you can't come close to proving anything we should get excited about. No one is pretending to be smarter, or belittling, as far as I can tell this has been a very polite thread up until your silly outburst.

look... try to understand first what people saw.. ask some questions, ... then give all your theories .... im polite as you pretend to be ... and silly as your last post is....
edit on 29-12-2011 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Soapusmaximus

I am talking about the abreviasion. IDC over UFO. Obviously the words have been coined before. Funny how seriously so many of you took it. Looking for an arguement much?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Yep others have seen hem too.

Here's a thread about them if your interested.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

It's all good, I understand you were trying to post possible and plausible ideas. Also I do know that when you read through this stuff you have to consider all options.

It is what it is.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2look... try to understand first what people saw.. ask some questions, ... then give all your theories .... im polite as you pretend to be ... and silly as your last post is....

He described what he saw in the OP, I put forward a potential explanation which he has said does not agree matches what he saw, and there is nothing more to it than that.

If we can rule out optical illusion, then great, we can look to other explanations, and we've made some progress.

Your comments and instructions on how I should act are patronizing and unnecessary, especially when they come from someone who writes like a pre-schooler and thinks himself too damn smart to be mistaken. Here's something I learned - none of us are, we're all fallible, and we're all prone to error.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by humphreysjim

Originally posted by voyger2look... try to understand first what people saw.. ask some questions, ... then give all your theories .... im polite as you pretend to be ... and silly as your last post is....

He described what he saw in the OP, I put forward a potential explanation which he has said does not agree matches what he saw, and there is nothing more to it than that.

If we can rule out optical illusion, then great, we can look to other explanations, and we've made some progress.

Your comments and instructions on how I should act are patronizing and unnecessary, especially when they come from someone who writes like a pre-schooler and thinks himself too damn smart to be mistaken. Here's something I learned - none of us are, we're all fallible, and we're all prone to error.

see ... you are acting again like the smart guy, and ignoring the point of this thread... and by the way don’t judge people by the way they wright.. don’t forget that this language it isn't the only one in the world.. i would love to see you wright in Portuguese like i write in English...

and please live me alone…

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
These are in fact SATELLITES in orbit, and perhaps even the ISS. This is a fact. Especially if it was moving in a linear path to the curvature of the Earth. (Would appear to be moving straight across the night sky, in a somewhat arching path.) Satellites appear the same way a distant star does.

Here is the ISS's path in the night sky if you were to see it:
astrobob.areavoices.com...

Here is why it is a 99.9% chance that you saw a satellite and not a UFO:
www.nasa.gov...

^ This image shows roughly how many satellites are in orbit for just 1 side of the globe.
edit on 29-12-2011 by Syroco because: pics

edit on 29-12-2011 by Syroco because: pics

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I live in LA and the first time I saw this was in a rural area of Germany and I saw it every night I was there. They are satellites and it turns out that if you are in an area where the ground light is just so, you can see enough stars to see the satellites streak by, but not too many stars that they get lost in the powdering of stars. In Germany I once watched the Space Shuttle dock with the ISS with the naked eye. Nothing to see here folks. Keep it moving...

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Syroco

That would be a nice answer, except for the one I have seen, moved WAY too fast, and made sharp, quick turns, then went back to looking like a star.

I don't know what it was, but I know it wasn't a satellite. I call it a UFO, not because I believe it was alien but because I do not know what it was ie: unidentified. As far as I know it could be from our own military.... or..... ?

Harm None
Peace

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by voyger2

The only sensible thing to do is look for possible explanations,nearly every ufo sighting is easily explained,the chances are its something lie a shooting star,optical illusion, satellite ect rather than a space craft..

I have an open mind to the subject "i want to believe" as they say but its important to debunk things i think.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Are you sure you're awake that time? LOL. I often get same when I stare at it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by amazed

It's obviously a weather balloon being fueled by swamp gas...

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by amurphy245
reply to post by voyger2

The only sensible thing to do is look for possible explanations,nearly every ufo sighting is easily explained,the chances are its something lie a shooting star,optical illusion, satellite ect rather than a space craft..

I have an open mind to the subject "i want to believe" as they say but its important to debunk things i think.

Let's try to sumarize a litle of what has been said here... and dont forget this one to: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by againuntodust
It moved across the sky, then left, then right, then in circles.

Originally posted by getreadyalready
It moves much more slowly than a jet, but I assumed it could be a satellite, but then from time to time it will stop moving, then change direction?
(..)
You have to stare at it to notice the movement relative to the other stars, and you have to stare for quite some time to see it stop or change direction.

Very odd.

Originally posted by maryhinge

i have seen this with more than one star moving around
like they were playing tick
and only the other day my freinds son of 14 saw 5 stars darting around
area chester england

]

Originally posted by jtap66
It was a beautiful, clear night and I was looking up at the stars when I saw one move. It moved quickly and fluidly to the side, before stopping on a dime. Then it moved back. Suddenly, 3-4 other "stars" all moved as well. Their movements were rapid, but incredibly smooth. They zig zagged across the sky, moving in straight lines and tight circles for several minutes. Soon, they one by one began to just disappear, as if they simply "winked out".

Originally posted by getreadyalready
The star moved much slower than the jets, but over 10 minutes or so it did traverse about 25% of the sky. Then, it stopped moving, and if I had taken my eyes off of it, I would have lost it. She got excited and said, "See, it stopped!" I was amazed. After a couple of moments, it started travelling due North at about the same speed as before, and then we lost it behind some trees. It was a noticeable pause, and then a 90 degree turn. There were plenty of things to compare it to. There were other stars, passenger jets, trees, clouds, etc.

If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would be positive it was a satellite, but I know satellites don't stop, and they don't turn.

Actually I was looking at bright sky when I saw a star moving way way far in the sky.. it wasn't for me the first time, but, is always breath taking scene... so the star start moving, slowly for sometime then a little more fast and not in a straight line...

AGAIN.. did some of you actualy read what people wrote here... This is NOT satelites, "bugs", plains, ilusions or refelexiosn... geeee's again!!

edit: i dont remenber seeing anyone saying it was a space craft... it's something ... this could be a possible explaination (www.youtube.com... )

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate

Sounds like a ufo. Depending on how tight the circles were. But i am sure the skeptics will find some ridiculous thing to blame it on. I

Oh, you mean someone might consider different explanations instead of just blindly assuming it's an alien controlled spacecraft? Is that what you mean? You see, you think sceptics are closed minded but in a situation like this they will look at different alternatives whereas you assume only one thing and that's why sceptics are more open minded than blind believers such as yourself.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join