It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

for those who started out not so psychic and now are

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

Writing it up now my friend, it covers it all (hopefully), will be done within a week, i got some serious work to do. Thanks a lot for the encouragement.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I have to fully agree with you here. After I opened my third eye and suffered through the headaches for 3 days, I saw/"saw'' as it was with my third eye, some things I....well they made me both scared and wondering if it was a good idea after all. Didn't help that I was living in THE spiritual hotspot either, unbeknownst to me pre opening of the third. Once I opened it, I realized my home was right in the middle of what I called the "Soul Subway". Ever see the movie Ghost with Whoopie and Swayze? Remember the sound it'd make when the dark shadows would come to get the evil people who'd die? I would hear something similar to that, but sounding also as if a subway were going right by my bedroom window at 60 mph.

Closest trains to my place were miles upon miles upon miles away.

But after that, I would start to see spirits coming in and out of my house, almost like how you see people move in an airport or something. And some would come rushing up to me to check me out as my friend Jess (mentor mentioned before) said I was so strong, I was like a very bright beacon in darkness. Like moths to a light. And oh my god... some of them were beyond hideous.

But point of this is, I had many people ask me how to open their 3rd eye after I'd tell them about my reading past lives and communicating with crossed over loved ones or those still hanging around. I always told em the truth - you may not like what you get. It is a gift of many colors and linings. You have to respect it even if you dont' understand it all that much. But you will hear/feel/see things that ..... you really wish you'd not. But once you open it, you can not close it again. It may go 'dormant' if you don't daily or weekly keep it in tune or are stressed, etc., but dormant in this case does NOT mean closed. You can never turn it off once it's on.

Also you can't pick and choose who you communicate with or what info you get. But you sure have fun trying to find out WHO the messages are for! I was spending a few weeks at my son's grandpa's home. And as per usual, I noticed a spirit of a young man in the doorway. For me they always hang out in the door way just watching, biding time for me to notice. Keep in mind it is always in my third eye sight, not physical sights.

I saw this young man, maybe 23 -28 years of age. His face was burnt. Oh god it was awful. But he flashed to his normal look as that was rather sad to see. He 'showed' me Water, Planes, Fire, Military. Over and over, different order but the same four visuals. So I knew he had a message for someone. I asked a few people online, and in person if the description fit anyone they knew, but no one could place it. One person knew someone who was close but they were far older upon death.

Few days later my son, whom I confirmed about the guy as he SAW him (my kid can literally see them with his own two eyes. lucky), got this strong pull to go talk to his granpa. He was gone for about 20 minutes, came back and was white. I asked what happened, thinking maybe grandpa had an emergeny.

Not at all. My son had asked him if he knew of anyone in the military who died. And yup. He did. See, grandpa was in the Navy back in the 40's/50's. And he told my son about a good friend of his who was working on a plane for the military. Something happened to where fire shot out, explosion, hit his face, burned it and the kid died. He was in his 20s when he died. Grandpa and my son talked about the kid for a while, and pa just reminisced about the good old days.

My son while we talked about it later, said to me that maybe the guy just wanted to be remembered. Soon as grandpa told that story, we never saw the spirit again.

Can't make up stuff like that. You just can't.

Another real quick: a strictly online friend and I were chatting on messenger. All I know is she lives in Virginia, her age and that's about it. Well, we were chatting (just text) and this elderly lady came to me. She was showing me her home, pictures of a stew, this and that, and I jokingly mentioned it to my friend. She went 'LOL sounds like my grammas house." She went on to tell me how she'd died a while ago, etc etc. Well, the elderly lady wouldn't leave. Kept showing me two pictures over and over. A muffin and a daisy. and I was like 'go away, im trying to talk to my friend. shoo. scat.. git...." but she kept showing those two things.

Finally I 'said' to my friend, "She won't STOP. she keeps showing me this muffin and daisy over and over and over...."

My friend went silent on her end for a few moments and when she returned, she (god i still get chills and I have told this story a LOT) let me know that when she was 4 and her sister was 6, they had a dog and a cat. The pets names were Muffin and Daisy.

Grandma validated herself to my friend and me. I doubt I'll ever forget that.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by prodigiousflames

I think that's exactly what's happening. In fact, I was just harping on the Akashic record on another site against some Bible Thumpers. It's also referred to as the "collective unconscious" or the "archaic remnants" depending on if you're a Jungian or Freudian.

It's part of the subtle energies that constantly ebb and flow around us. Alex Grey (a psychedelic researcher and artist) painted some very beautiful and helpful images of what our spiritual energy system looks like.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think the Akashic Records are fascinating, I would love to learn how to properly access them when I have the time.

To the above poster, when you say mentor, do you mean a spiritual teacher you found in your community? Was he or she apart of a spiritualist church?

And to the poster from the previous page, there are lots of reasons why I'm interested.

a. guidance, and to help guide others
b. to know myself on a soul and core level
c. to be able to connect with my guides

are the main reasons

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I was curious. Why is it that you cannot turn it off or control it?

You had mentioned that you get things you don't want? Or pick and choose who you communicate with?

That sounds tough and a little scary. What type of practice have you gone through with your mentor if you don't mind me asking. I am familiar with Mediumship and its training, so just wondering.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Never been telepathic. Took some '___', suddenly me and my 6 new friends were. Never met them before. We all knew each other like we were friends from birth, and I kid you not we could read each others minds. Its changed my outlook on life. I do believe we possess the ability, we've just forgotten or lost the knowledge of how to do so, or it is so unfathomable, that I was only able to do it on a drug where reality and imagination blur...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cplouffe

Basically once one opens that ability to communicate with the other side, it's always open. It may mellow out some if you don't work on it and keep the 'channel' clear. Stress really clouds it. I haven't had much come through due to my stress as of late. If I were to do my personal way to clear it out and reconnect, I'd have it back within a week.

(let me read what else you wrote as sadly I forgot due to not quoting xD) I'll edit it in.

Okay.

It's like I don't know who will come through. I can't focus on someone and their loved one comes. That's not part of my gift. Whoever comes to me from the other side/not yet crossed over fully just show up on their own. I never know who they are or who they're wanting me to find. Sadly that means I have to post around describing the person and asking it anything is familiar. However, so far it has been those associated with people I know, ranging from knowing not too well to knowing well enough.

How I learned? I was actually able to sort of communicate with the deceased about a month or so prior to opening my third. Opening it made it flood to a huge level of activity though. More with the reading past lives or seeing people's past lives in their faces when I'd look at them. I had to learn how to turn off my empathy as well as I could go anywhere and pick up the emotions of people around me as well as those who passed over. I went to Gettysburg shortly after opening the 3rd and my /god/. That mentally drained me and had my emotions all up and down and back and forward and inside out and upside down. Took a few weeks to recover. I'm still learning how to put up a good block to keep stuff out I don't want to let in.

My mentor Jess would send those spirits and spirit guids she'd talk to TO me and they'd tell/show me things and I'd relay back to her and I was correct all the time. I was also able to get info about her that she said there was no way I'd know unless I had gone to her house and found her very well hidden diary. And she's in Georgia and I'm in Illinois. I have many other examples but those should suffice for now.
Unless folks have more questions of course.
edit on 28-12-2011 by sarra1833 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
how did you find a mentor to work with?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Ok gotchya. I am currently a Mediumship student and one of the luxuries of this technique is being able to shut it off. Having the protection and door keeper to keep us sane until we want to tap into it. It def makes you more in tune to spirit in general but when dealing with people in spirit, messages, or readings, it is nice for our spirit guides to have the job of going and getting the info and coming back.

I think the past lives ability sounds really fun!!

Yes it is very cool to have a teacher/mentor who can actually see what you are seeing or supposed to be seeing to give you that confirmation and confidence. Especially in public. It is amazing how the craziest thing you see can make perfect sense to someone you are giving message to. I am loving it so far.
edit on 28-12-2011 by cplouffe because: spelling

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
coupple did you mention you had abilities before the mediumship course?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

We all have the mediumship ability already inside us. But I did not know how to use them. So no, not really. Some mediums I know did have experiences through life but mine were always subtle. But this class has been an amazing ride!

This particular method is similar to the way the spiritualist church teaches.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by cplouffe

We all have the mediumship ability already inside us. But I did not know how to use them. So no, not really. Some mediums I know did have experiences through life but mine were always subtle. But this class has been an amazing ride!

This particular method is similar to the way the spiritualist church teaches.

thanks for the response! What are all the skills they are teaching in your mediumship class?

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
how can you tell if you're third eye is... you know working and whats it suppose to do like its main functions (sorry for being off topic just had to know)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

If you want to develop your psychic faculties, The Synthesis of Yoga from Sri Aurobindo is a gold mine of information. But I suggest you to read The Life Divine first...

Siddhis (clairsentience, what could be called neurogenesis, physical ananda and many others) can also be acquired with specific hand mudras.

edit on 29-12-2011 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
it all started for about 12 years ago. I saw some woman on tv cleaning the aura of a horse and I thought I can do that. My wife had a headache,So I copied what the woman did and her headache went away. I read alot about it practised on plants to feel energy.Then one day I was working and a pigeon was behind a door where I had to pressure wash.I go to grab it to move it out of the way and got a shock like a touched an electric wire. I got into reflexology and had a client and she was talking about her Dad who died and got the number 6 in my head. Then she said he died 6 years ago.I pictured a man beside her and described him and it turned out to be her husband.It was freaky and cool at the same time. From then I have gotten better and my skill set as increased but it has been a slow go especially when I had to learn to shut it of and turn it on. I talked to my dad about stuff like this and he said my grandmother use to read tea leaves. The early years things were shut off because of religion and you know how that goes it is off the devil

posted on Jan, 18 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by angellicview

Thank you, it's absolutely my pleasure if I can help in any way. I want to make a very comprehensive thread on this stuff although I really don't feel like dowsing this stuff with the negativity that will undoubtedly prevail.

hi sirslide was wondering if you started on the thread you wanted to create (:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I think I have always been psychic, from a young age. Of course, I didn't always know it. It was only when I started taking this ability seriously and embracing it - meditating and ensuring a healthly mind - did I realise I was psychic

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join