It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Science.Part 1 / The Basic Science Principles.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I will be Threading on other scientific / biblical facts in the future.

Part 1.. Basic Science Principles ..

Aren't there scientific errors in the Bible?" Let me show you some things in the Bible on the subject of science. Remember that the Bible is ancient.

Let's deal with some things that are spoken in the Bible / Word of God that are astounding when
you think about how late in man's history before man discovered them "scientifically."

First, the basic principles of science. The majority of scientists would agree, that several things are necessary as basics.

First, science must deal with things, and that is matter.
Science secondly must deal with happenings. That is energy.
Thirdly, science must deal with a matrix or environment in which those things can happen.
That is space-time.

So the basics of science are matter, energy, and space-time. That's a pretty simple description. Most, if not all respectable scientist's would agree to it.
The universe, in essence, then, must be a continuum of space-time, matter, and energy. Science tells us that one of those cannot exist without the other. You cannot have matter existing without energy and existing without a place for it to exist.
All three have to be together. The continuum must have existed simultaneously from the beginning of life, science says.

In Genesis 1:1, you have it all right there.

"In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth,"

includes all those things. It includes the space-time matrix, energy, and matter. The very first verse in the Bible shows God creating the three basic dimensions of science simultaneously, and all scientists of respectable quality would agree that those three things are basically necessary.

Once the universe had been created, its processes, scientists say, were designed to operate in an orderly fashion. All the different phenomena in nature was ordered by and sustained by these forces, and science says the forces continue and continue.
No further creation was needed. You know what,that's what the Bible says, as well.

When a block of matter and energy that is created, and it continues and continues It takes different form, but it continues. Energy is never totally lost. Matter is never totally lost. The same continuum goes on and on.
There's no need for further creation/creations,

That is exactly what it says in Genesis 2:2,

"God ended His work which He had made."

He stopped and "creation ended" right there; and science agrees that there was the initial beginning of these things. Out of that, the cycle of reproduction came.
Still energy and matter have continued.

edit on 27-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: txt

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
although this is not a "top secret" post, i will comment on it once again in hopes of actually impacting someone. When you compare creation vs. evolution or science vs. religion it's kind of like comparing ex girlfriends. They each have their holes to which you can be blind to (she don't want it)... or you can force the issue ( negative result) ... when will people stop questioning religions and bibles and beliefs and aliens and evolution and blah blah freakin' blah. i'm so tired of it. here we have a site for the sole purpose of sharing FACTS and we use it to flex views on beliefs. blah i'm bored with ats.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

You have a strange way of showing that your "Tired of it". I notice your first post in this thread was your 6th post overall. You have been a member since Dec 22nd 2011 (5 days ago) and 5 of your 6 posts have been today in this related type topic. Maybe you should try another forum and that might help with your "Tired of it" feeling.

Also you are wrong when you say

here we have a site for the sole purpose of sharing FACTS and we use it to flex views on beliefs. blah i'm bored with ats

The sole purpose is not to share "Facts" , that is only a part of it. I stated a fact in this thread. That is all. This thread has nothing to do with anything other than what I said. The agreement, not any disagreement in those 2 issues.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

Although I have no issue with a person who believes in a GOD or any other form of religious belief....and I also consider that there is no conflict with a Belief in a GOD and the FACT of evolution....your logic is fundementally flawed.

You could use the premise that GOD created the Universe or in reality...Multiverse through a process of Evolution...as evolution referes to not only life but the continual process of Matter amd Energy to arrange themselves into more and greater complex forms and that life itself is a natural byproduct of this process....your arguement has no scientific or logical basis. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Maybe I am missing something here. What arguement are you talking about? I said also,

When a block of matter and energy that is created, and it continues and continues It takes different form, but it continues
There's no need for further creation/creations.

What is the arguement you are talking about?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OK, so I have a few questions? Where is this "god" you speak of? How big is he physically? Where is "heaven"? Science has proven there is no sign whatsoever of a "heaven" in the furthest reaches of the universe. Where is it? Also, why do different cultures and religions have different gods? Some have many. Where is PROOF of your "god"?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaMgLo87

I didn't know this thread was viewed by you as starting a battle. What do you think looking stupid is defined as? I simpley corrected your error in defining the ATS site. You were wrong about that and if you need further proof ask a moderator.
edit on 27-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You and I have had the same thoughts. The continuum is something I had not considered. It makes sense.

There's no question: The more we find in science, the more we see it already there in the Bible. You hit on my favorite aspect in the first few verses of the Bible. In the beginning denotes time. As you said, the other three components of reality must be present. Time is where it starts, literally. The motion of a three dimensional object happens by collapsing wave function. The wave that collapses by the choice of the observer comes from the possible choices that have yet to be determined. This is called indeterminate wave function. The fifth dimension contains all possible choices and possible realities.

Have you seen the flatland video concept from the book, This World, by Edwin Abbot Abbot? It was written in 1884 and describes how each dimension can only see the dimension above by a slice. Take a look.

Once you can visualize how the second dimension only sees a slice of the third, you can then easily visualize how the third dimension only sees a slice of the fourth. We see 'now' as if it's a slice. In reality, the entire fourth dimension is known. God can see it from the perspective that we cannot. Now go one more dimension up. We collapse a wave from the fifth dimension and draw it into the fourth to make a choice. This happens on an unimaginable scale every moment that we move in the third dimension.

Ask yourself a question: What can we do as beings? We do not make our hair grow. We do not make our eyes see. We do nothing apart from thinking and moving the vehicle that our consciousness rides. The rest is already collapsed by creation. We ride the wave of the fixed aspect as we think and move. Our choices to move can only slightly affect the overall story we experience. God is the Word. He is the author. A word is a wave.

All light (Energy / Quanta) is a duality of particle and wave. John 1 reveals that Christ is the Son (Wave / Word). The Holy Spirit is consciousness. God is one, yet projects creation by the three. We are one person, yet we are the image (projected from God) that exists as the image of God. We are 'inside' the created image and we are the image.

Genesis 1:27

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Don't listen to the skeptics. God is infinity and is eternal. He is and we are. He is never changing and we are in motion. Mortals are in motion in cycles. Immortals are ever in motion but never ending. God is Eternal and beyond motion. He is above our dimensional existence and more than we can comprehend. The clues he leaves gives us all we need to reconstruct what is stated in the Bible by symbol. Only a symbol can reflect the infinite to reveal the hidden nature of an amazing God.

Thanks for the thread. Flag and Star. I have a pretty good thread on this topic a while back. LINK

This is also a great video to consider when thinking on a God that is greater than we can conceive.

edit on 27-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
OK, so I have a few questions? Where is this "god" you speak of? How big is he physically? Where is "heaven"? Science has proven there is no sign whatsoever of a "heaven" in the furthest reaches of the universe. Where is it? Also, why do different cultures and religions have different gods? Some have many. Where is PROOF of "god"?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------

I will be happy to answer your questions in the proper thread for it. I will answer the "Heaven" question because it is a part of the quote for the thread subject matter and topic. Heaven in the context of the quote in my first post is not a reference to a place but rather a title for the area around us. The universe if you will.

PS
Many of your questions can be answered by simply doing a search online.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
although this is not a "top secret" post, i will comment on it once again in hopes of actually impacting someone. When you compare creation vs. evolution or science vs. religion it's kind of like comparing ex girlfriends. They each have their holes to which you can be blind to (she don't want it)... or you can force the issue ( negative result) ... when will people stop questioning religions and bibles and beliefs and aliens and evolution and blah blah freakin' blah. i'm so tired of it. here we have a site for the sole purpose of sharing FACTS and we use it to flex views on beliefs. blah i'm bored with ats.

Religion and science are comparable as faith of what is not seen. Ex girlfriends are not seen either I suppose since we shunned them from the love they may have offered. I see the connection in a way. Physics is a theory. The laws of the universe are verifiable. There are six constants in the universe that are tuned for life. Move any of them on the scale and get matter collapse and no possibility for life. A person cannot verify facts as the universe is in motion. No matter has ever existed in the same state twice. The planet has never occupied the same space twice, as the sun moves and the galaxy expands across parts of space unknown. No material object has ever been the same twice, yet the universe runs like a clock. Science measures an ever-changing assortment of matter, yet laws never change. They are governed. Not just governed in some haphazard manner. They are the only way they could be to support life. Blah, blah, blah.

edit on 27-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Some other scientic topics to come include, the theory of uniformity, The law of thermal dynamics, the basic cycle of hydrology, Basic principles and facts of astronomy. In the meantime I want to thank all who contribute and hope you have a good year ahead..

PS. Lets stay on topic

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Just like every other bible thumper beating around the bush instead of answering fairly obviously simple questions.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby

Maybe I am missing something here. What arguement are you talking about? I said also,

When a block of matter and energy that is created, and it continues and continues It takes different form, but it continues

First of all...Matter such as in a quantity of an Element....for this example we could use any element but I will use...say...GOLD....Gold is comprised of both Protons and Neutrons as well as Electrons....Electrons are Energy...or particles of. The Protons and Neutrons are comprised of smaller Quantum particles such as Quarks, Glueons, Leptons....etc.

My point is that when you break down what the Universe is comprised of....you are seperating it into terms of which some are the same....Matter has Particles of both Mass and Energy....as in reality...Matter and Energy are interchangable.

There are only two ways to form Elements....one is a process of Fusion such as we see in the sun as it Fuses Hydrogen atoms into Helium. Heavier Elements are the byproducts of Supernova....the massive explosion of specific Stars. YOU have not enough knowledge to use your simplistic and incorrect assumptions here.
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Well, judging by the start you’ve made, the Godless Ramparts of Science will still be standing, unstormed and indeed unblemished, when your assault is over. So shy away, lad, and don’t spare the coconuts.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Very beautiful opening post.
Two basically opening sentences in the Bible say a lot. Also enjoyed the dimensional poster. Don't have much to contribute - not a scholar - just encouragement to keep on.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
OK, so I have a few questions? Where is this "god" you speak of? How big is he physically? Where is "heaven"? Science has proven there is no sign whatsoever of a "heaven" in the furthest reaches of the universe. Where is it? Also, why do different cultures and religions have different gods? Some have many. Where is PROOF of your "god"?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------
CherubBaby replies::

Hi there. I don't mind answering your questions, to the best of my ability. I want to say that you may not agree with me. Thats ok cause I know your just asking honest questions of curiousity, right?

1 Where is "The" God? --- Everywhere. God is omnipresent.
2 How big is He physically?-- God is Spirit, not a physical being
3 why do different cultures and religions have different gods? Some have many.-My answer is I guess they are looking for a God to worship. Other than that I don't know. It's a guess. I have only one God and thats enough for me.
4 Where is Heaven? Heaven is where God dwells and some of His creation. It is beyond me or anyone to know that at this time. B. Science has proven nothing . Science can prove nothing in regards to Heavens existance. There is no sign to find Heaven other than by God's own choice. That is through Faith and belief in the sacrafice of His Son.
5 Where is my proof of my God? -- The knowledge and feeling in my heart and the conviction from scripture in my heart . The reliability of His Word. Seeing Him work in the lives of many people.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Originally posted by CherubBaby

First of all...Matter such as in a quantity of an Element....for this example we could use any element but I will use...say...GOLD....Gold is comprised of both Protons and Neutrons as well as Electrons....Electrons are Energy...or particles of. The Protons and Neutrons are comprised of smaller Quantum particles such as Quarks, Glueons, Leptons....etc.

My point is that when you break down what the Universe is comprised of....you are seperating it into terms of which some are the same....Matter has Particles of both Mass and Energy....as in reality...Matter and Energy are interchangable.

There are only two ways to form Elements....one is a process of Fusion such as we see in the sun as it Fuses Hydrogen atoms into Helium. Heavier Elements are the byproducts of Supernova....the massive explosion of specific Stars. YOU have not enough knowledge to use your simplistic and incorrect assumptions here.
Split Infinity

My knowledge is as sufficient as need be. (For Me) I don't understand what you mean by "Incorrect assumptions"
Incorrect in what way? When God creates He doesn't need a list of matter to follow.
edit on 28-12-2011 by CherubBaby because: edit typo

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Well, judging by the start you’ve made, the Godless Ramparts of Science will still be standing, unstormed and indeed unblemished, when your assault is over. So shy away, lad, and don’t spare the coconuts.

CherubBaby Replies:::
The start I made ? Who said that science was godless? Why do you think I am going to assault science? Science and it's truths are a good thing.

I have no reason to shy away and I don't have any coconuts..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Reply to post by CherubBaby

I believe you misinterpreted what Astyanax has said. His post shot over your head
Hes not saying science is godless. Hes saying your efforts will be fruitless.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join