It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and Science.Part 1 / The Basic Science Principles.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
What proof have we that the first cause of all things is a Supreme Intelligence, superior to all other intelligences?

"You have a proverb which says, 'The workman is known by his work.' Look around you, and, from the quality of the work, infer that of the workman." We judge of the power of an intelligence by its works as no human being could create that which is produced by nature, it is evident that the first cause must be an Intelligence superior to man.

Whatever may be the prodigies accomplished by human intelligence, that intelligence itself must have a cause and the greater the results achieved by it, the greater must be the cause of which it is the effect. It is this Supreme Intelligence that is the first cause of all things, whatever the name by which mankind may designate it.
edit on 28-12-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I want to truely thank you for the truely insightfull post you have given the thread. I can't find a better way to say what you did. I can only thank you again and hope you have a great year ahead of you and those you love.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Oh thats ok. I don't worry about my fruits being worthless. I mean how can they be worthless, when I'm telling the truth ?. Thats the nice thing about having the right to say what you feel in a forum such as this. Whatever someone believes or disbelieves is up to them . I am only talking about what is parelelled in science and scripture. Nothing more. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
yes, the truth ...absolute truth.
also , the Bible is the only book that addresses the begining of time!
some of the others start with ,say, two brothers on a twig growing on a tree etc....
also the only messiah with a promoise of a return, that's huge

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks for your post and insights. In these times it's a refreshing change to see "The other side of the coin" in people. Thanks again and take care.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

First of all...Matter such as in a quantity of an Element....for this example we could use any element but I will use...say...GOLD....Gold is comprised of both Protons and Neutrons as well as Electrons....Electrons are Energy...or particles of. The Protons and Neutrons are comprised of smaller Quantum particles such as Quarks, Glueons, Leptons....etc.

My point is that when you break down what the Universe is comprised of....you are seperating it into terms of which some are the same....Matter has Particles of both Mass and Energy....as in reality...Matter and Energy are interchangable.

There are only two ways to form Elements....one is a process of Fusion such as we see in the sun as it Fuses Hydrogen atoms into Helium. Heavier Elements are the byproducts of Supernova....the massive explosion of specific Stars. YOU have not enough knowledge to use your simplistic and incorrect assumptions here.
Split Infinity

The quanta you refer to is light (energy at high frequency). In the early state of the universe, energy was all there was in a state of high order and low entropy. The Bible calls this the formless void. The waters of the deep is merely reassigned new names by science. The meaning remains. Check one off for the Bible.

All particles have associated waves (forces). The remaining wave and particle is supposed as the Higgs Boson. The only description of this that fits our understanding is streaming information from another dimension. John 1 - In the Beginning (Time) was the word and the word (information / Wave) was God (force that created nature). Check another one off for God.

The microcosm (unseen) generates the macrocosm (seen) by particle and wave (unseen).

Hebrews 11:3

3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

Check another off for God.

We are living in an image of energy, animated by information into time, space and matter. We are the image that our consciousness uses as a vehicle to sense the image we are inside.

Genesis 1
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

Check another one off for God.

Christ (Living Word of God) was the first born image:

1 Colossians 1:
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Check

Our reality of matter is a copy (image) of true reality. As stated by Paul Dirac's relativistic quantum mechanical wave equation, our universe is parallel to another universe in opposite. Our matter is anti-matter to this mirrored universe. The event horizon between these two universes represents the projection point of both.

Hebrews 8:5

5 They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: “See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”

Check

The temple is the Human mind and body. We are a soul with a spirit. We are the image of God from the projection of the trinity. Father (Light), Son (Wave / Word) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness).

Science struggles to know: LINK

edit on 28-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
reply to post by GBP/JPY

Thanks for your post and insights. In these times it's a refreshing change to see "The other side of the coin" in people. Thanks again and take care.

Thank you as well. It excites me to know that others can see the connections. Check out the videos in my last post. They are amazing to see the hidden world of God revealed, even if it is only a glimmer.

edit on 28-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I want to thank you again for the tremendous contibution you offer the thread and your knowledge of scripture and many other things. Thank you again...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

"Where is my proof of my God? -- The knowledge and feeling in my heart and the conviction from scripture in my heart . The reliability of His Word. Seeing Him work in the lives of many people."

Try taking that "proof" in front of a Court of Law and see how well that goes over.

Proof is concrete ... feelings in your heart is not.
edit on 28-12-2011 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by blackreign2012

What does a court of law have to do with the accuracey of The Bible and my belief in it's truth ? I don't understand your point. Or the it's practical purpose in the thread or the threads TOPIC..

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blackreign2012

Proof is concrete ... feelings in your heart is not.

You are right on the money. Concrete is literal. Everyone starts with literal truth, which is the outer layer of the onion. It's like being on the shore of the ocean and claiming to know the ocean by the surface and the waves. The deep is where the true ocean is. Inside the onion is the core of truth.

Ask a toddler to pick a dime or a nickle and they choose the nickle because it is larger. As a child of 12 to do the same and they pick the one with more value. Abstract thinking is defining the value of what is seen.

To get there from the literal, a person must move to the spiritual. There is no ability to do this when the material world is the value. To get from literal to spiritual, a person must bridge the gap with the moral life. Virtue is the starting point of wisdom. Knowledge is merely the outer layer of matter. What matter proclaims is God's glory. This is what is hidden inside.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Great post! I don't think I've ever heard it explained better than that. People will go to great lengths to deny creationism. I have to laugh when scientists think they can explain it away with evolution (oh except for that one missing link that they just can't seem to figure out).

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by britelite1971

Great post! I don't think I've ever heard it explained better than that. People will go to great lengths to deny creationism. I have to laugh when scientists think they can explain it away with evolution (oh except for that one missing link that they just can't seem to figure out).

Which missing link would that be? Go read a book. A proper book...

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BagBing

A proper book? Why don't you let me know what a proper book is? Lets all know what you deem a proper book. Is it one that you like cause it fits what you choose to believe ? Are improper books the ones that you don't understand?.

Was there any mention in the thread topic of what books are proper and which are not?

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Although I have no issue with a person who believes in a GOD or any other form of religious belief....and I also consider that there is no conflict with a Belief in a GOD and the FACT of evolution....your logic is fundementally flawed.

You could use the premise that GOD created the Universe or in reality...Multiverse through a process of Evolution...as evolution referes to not only life but the continual process of Matter amd Energy to arrange themselves into more and greater complex forms and that life itself is a natural byproduct of this process....your arguement has no scientific or logical basis. Split Infinity

It is called "The Theory Of Evolution" not the "The Fact Of Evolution," what does that say for your logic? You have done your homework and looked up the meaning of the word "evolution" but I feel your application is flawed.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
OK, so I have a few questions? Where is this "god" you speak of? How big is he physically? Where is "heaven"? Science has proven there is no sign whatsoever of a "heaven" in the furthest reaches of the universe. Where is it? Also, why do different cultures and religions have different gods? Some have many. Where is PROOF of your "god"?

So I guess the Atom did not exist prior to physical our finding of it? Space did not exist until we explored it either?

Just because you can't see him now, nor find him in your searches, does not mean God does not exist.
Most people ask the question, "Is God Real?" instead of asking the real question "Why do humans have Gods and where did the idea come from?"

Some argue people use the idea of God for control, but that still evades the true question. Where did the idea of God come from? Our ancestors way back when we began life knew something and tried to pass it on, what we have as evidence of that history is considered religious and not at all scientific yet they consistently prove stories within the bible are true based on discovered facts of our time.

Isn't it strange that a book that survived as long as it did? Isn't it more astounding that some of it's stories are proven facts? Discounting this book as merely religious is true ignorance of it's importance to human history.
Don't you find it equally strange that the vatican decides which books of the bible we can read? What's the purpose of this? Do they wish to mask God's true form/intentions? Or are they hiding the fact God is created by man?

One cannot know for certain. Your disbelief is equal to the faith of the believers. Ironically enough. You could easily jump to one side or another based on your logic.

BTW evolution is simply a theory with missing links, the bible pretty much already has it figured out and we are just realizing how factual it really is. Whereas the theory of evolution has barely moved baby steps in proving itself correct. So far, we cannot find a link between apes and humans, we can only theorize. Sure, it may be plausible but so is the theory of God. Either way your faith-basing your knowledge.

Here is some info on evolutions missing link:
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 28-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 2turkenstein2

It is called "The Theory Of Evolution" not the "The Fact Of Evolution," what does that say for your logic? You have done your homework and looked up the meaning of the word "evolution" but I feel your application is flawed.

I feel your understanding of the difference between the observed fact of evolution and the theory of evolution as an conceptual framework used to explain evolution is flawed. Evolution is both a fact and a theory.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

My knowledge is as sufficient as need be for me. I don't understand what you mean by "incorrect assumptions"

Your knowledge may be 'sufficient as need be' for you, but I'll bet it isn't sufficient to save you from being torn to pieces in your own thread.

The reason you don't understand what SplitInfinity means by 'incorrect assumptions' is because you know so little about the topic you have chosen that, right out of the stall, you are making all sorts of wrong – hilariously wrong – assumptions and you don't even know it. And if your basic assumptions are wrong, everything else you are saying is wrong, too. Now do you understand?

Some other scientic topics to come include, the theory of uniformity...

Really? Is that a scientific theory? I must say I have never heard of it. If you mean uniformitarianism, that cutting-edge geological theory of the 1830s, we view the formation of the Earth a bit differently nowadays. If you mean the principle of uniformity, which states that the laws of nature are the same throughout the physical universe, you certainly won’t find any proof of it in the Bible; what you will find are descriptions of situations that purport to upend the principle of uniformity. These situations are called miracles, and both the Old and the New Testament are full of them.

The law of thermal dynamics

I suppose you mean the law of thermodynamics. Which law do you intend to discuss? There are four.

the basic cycle of hydrology

Which was well-known to the ancients, so one would expect the Bible to be fairly strong on it. Again, not exactly cutting-edge science. But I have a feeling you plan to prove that Noah's Flood actually took place. That's not basic hydrology. That's one of those claimed exceptions to the principle of uniformity I mentioned earlier.

Basic principles and facts of astronomy.

Oh, this is going to be good. Can you show us where the Bible says the Earth goes round the sun?

I want to thank all who contribute and hope you have a good year ahead.

You’re welcome.
And a happy 2012 to you, too!

edit on 29/12/11 by Astyanax because: of lousy spelling. No, really.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

"What does a court of law have to do with the accuracey of The Bible and my belief in it's truth ? I don't understand your point. Or the it's practical purpose in the thread or the threads TOPIC.. "

Yeah you do. What you feel is not evidence. Your original statement in a court of law would not hold up as proof. You stated that your proof is what you feel in your heart. That is a bunch of bs and does not count as proof. I feel that in my heart that taccos are good ... that doesn't mean they are.

Obviously I was on topic if I replied to your post.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
SuperiorEd,

I respect your opinion. I do not agree, but I respect it. I have yet to see anything in my life as spiritual. I unfortunately can only see things for what they are and nothing more.

I come to these threads to read and try to understand but instead only get lost when I see people use the words "feelings" and in "my heart" I know it to be. That puts my trying to understand back at zero again.

This is a physical world based upon facts. Anything else is fantasy until proven otherwise. We as people are too free, free to believe in whatever we want. Free to believe that when we die we have virgins waiting for us in the after life. It is that type of free thinking that is crippling us and holding us back.

edit on 29-12-2011 by blackreign2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join