It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow seeking deregulation of GE corn resistant to 2,4-D, a major component of Agent Orange

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Dow seeking deregulation of GE corn resistant to 2,4-D, a major component of Agent Orange Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

www.naturalnews.com

(NaturalNews) This is an exclusive breaking news story from NaturalNews, please cite this article as the source. It was received as a tip from a concerned health advocate who found it in the federal register, then forwarded it to an industry advocacy group which then forwarded it to us: Dow AgroScience, LLC, is petitioning the U.S. government to deregulate a genetically engineered variety of corn that is resistant to 2,4-D, an extremely toxic pesticide that was 50% of the recipe to making Agent Orange (used in the Vietnam War as a weapon of mass destruction).

Related News Links:
www.naturalnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
U.S. approves Monsanto drought-tolerant GM corn
edit on 12/26/11 by Rothbard because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Dec 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: removed unneeded part of title

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Is this petition is approved 2,4-D will end up in all corn products you buy. Since corn is in practically everything you buy this is very serious petition. One has to wonder who is pushing this?

Year after year, GM crop farmers have to battle mutant superweeds that continue to grow stronger and more resistant to the toxic pesticides and herbicides used in GM crop cultivation. But the practice is polluting the environment, contaminating the food supply, and spurring the rampant growth of harmful superweeds.

Rather than admit they are responsible for the problem, agri-giants like Dow and Monsanto say that using different pesticides and herbicides will help solve the problem. But such a suggestion could not be further from the truth. Treating plants with increasingly higher levels and more potent concoctions of toxic chemicals is a recipe for disaster, and one that will only make the superweed problem worse.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Agent Orange, the stuff that ruined my Dad, and they denied him the help he needed 20 years later.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
DDT is good for killing
mosquito's.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rothbard

Mass genocide brought to you secretly by the worlds governments at the request of Monsanto. Looks like were getting to the crux of who erected the Georgia Guidestones....

Ah well everyones gonna die, they just get to ensure they end up in hell in the seat next to Lucifer while they scream for eternity.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Mass genocide brought to you secretly by the worlds governments at the request of Monsanto. Looks like were getting to the crux of who erected the Georgia Guidestones....

whoa, OMG I would of never thought of monsanto and the guidestones, but I bet you're right, Im off to go read those again.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
lol - mentoin agent orange to a yank and they go orange!!

24D has been a common selective herbicide since WW2, and is widely used around the world

2,4-D can be found in lawn herbicide mixtures such as "Weed B Gon MAX", "PAR III", "Trillion", "Tri-Kil", "Killex" and "Weedaway Premium 3-Way XP Turf Herbicide". All of these mixtures typically contain three active ingredients: 2,4-D, mecoprop and dicamba. Over 1,500 herbicide products contain 2,4-D as an active ingredient.
- en.wikipedia.org...

It has no known link to cancer - at worst it is rated as "possibly carginogenic" - en.wikipedia.org... - but I bet yuo have some in your or your parent's garden shed....

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
lol - mentoin agent orange to a yank and they go orange!!

24D has been a common selective herbicide since WW2, and is widely used around the world

I'm sure it is fairly benign if used in small applications in the garden or corners of the yard. I think we're all just a little touchy over here about it because a good part of a generation of American men were literally soaked to the skin in the garbage repeatedly.

Apparently, it was bad enough for the Pentagon to extend benefits coverage to those who served in the Navy but were within a given distance from the coast line. I can't recall the VA/DOD actually extending a benefit coverage before...only seeking ways to cut them back. Interesting comment that makes on the stuff itself.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Absolutely - soaking in herbicide is not a good idea - along with a gazillion other chemicals we use every day.

But the problem with AO was mainly that it was contaminated with Dioxin - which is EXTREMELY toxic - but the dioxin was a contaminant in the 245T, not actually supposed to be in there in the first place.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

whoa, OMG I would of never thought of monsanto and the guidestones, but I bet you're right, Im off to go read those again.

It makes sense. Who do you think is poisoning the entire worlds population with their pesticides and genetically modified corn? People have died eating that corn and corn is a major staple of the entire world including the poor 3rd world countries and it goes into everything. Now think about the laws in the U.S. against growing your own natural food and hoarding. They obviously want you to eat their sh*t all the while the creator of the Georgia guide stones gets to laugh while is plan to reduce the worlds population to 500,000 (or is it 500 million?) goes unchallenged because people have other things to focus on like the wars the illuminati have been staging to draw our attention away from the fact that they are killing us more and more everyday. Meanwhile the Obamacare deathcare plan shoves the babyboomers the rest of the way into their early graves after all the money gets roobed away from medicare and medicaid and doctors more and more everyday refuse to see elderly patients and take their medicare and medicaid. The only people left still alive that can tell us the way the world was when it was still good are being methodically destroyed.
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The only people left still alive that can tell us the way the world was when it was still good are being methodically destroyed.

That'd be god that's doing that - what with having designed us to die of old age - what a bastard!!

I'm sure he's completely pissed off that people are living longer and longer too......thus completely ruining his plan to have us all die before we can tell you how great the world was.....back before flush toilets, antibiotics, back when measles killed hundreds of people per year in the USA alone, and polio and rickets crippled thousands more. Back when life expectancy was only 65, or even 60, air bags and seat belts weren't invented, back before auto mobiles even - and the streets we full of horse dung.

Yep - we've completely forgotten them good old days......

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It makes sense. Who do you think is poisoning the entire worlds population with their pesticides and genetically modified corn? People have died eating that corn and corn is a major staple of the entire world including the poor 3rd world countries and it goes into everything. Now think about the laws in the U.S. against growing your own natural food and hoarding. They obviously want you to eat their sh*t all the while the creator of the Georgia guide stones gets to laugh while is plan to reduce the worlds population to 500,000 (or is it 500 million?) goes unchallenged because people have other things to focus on like the wars the illuminati have been staging to draw our attention away from the fact that they are killing us more and more everyday. Meanwhile the Obamacare deathcare plan shoves the babyboomers the rest of the way into their early graves after all the money gets roobed away from medicare and medicaid and doctors more and more everyday refuse to see elderly patients and take their medicare and medicaid. The only people left still alive that can tell us the way the world was when it was still good are being methodically destroyed.
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

It's 500 million. Only six & a half billion of us have to die.

And I agree with you. They make huge profits while they poison us on purpose.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

It's 500 million. Only six & a half billion of us have to die.

Well, they'd better step up their plans. The problem with stupid people is that every person believes they are smart enough to warrant being alive (in spite of evidence to the contrary).

Further... they are doing a piss poor job. Only ten years ago their goal would have been to kill FIVE and a half billion.

I'll give them a few hints - the problem isn't people who marry and raise families. The problem is the tramps running around popping out kids left and right, being supported by government systems (where present) or child labor (where not; and where children are your retirement plan in the third-world).

We have enough nuclear weapons to figure it out, and these people supposedly have the keys. This is not a difficult equation to figure out. Wipe out Africa, India, China, and lace the SSI checks with a mix of anthrax, small pox, and a free Justin Beiber album (those that don't die of natural causes will off themselves).

Global population problem solved.

Took me five minutes.

These evil geniuses in control of everything need to get their # together.

And I agree with you. They make huge profits while they poison us on purpose.

They've been doing it for at least the past 70 years (using pesticides and herbicides you all think are engineered to kill us all). Why, on God's green little speck of dust.... are we paying people an aggregate of five more years of Social Security than initially planned for?

Again - they need to get their # together. These once-cotton-pickin' elders are putting the squeeze on our systems. Why?

They are harder to get rid of than crab-grass!

Hell - my Grandma just turned 90 not all that long ago - and a woman from the same retirement community turned 104 and went on a motorcycle ride!

You think there might be a little problem with your theory?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

The only people left still alive that can tell us the way the world was when it was still good are being methodically destroyed.

That'd be god that's doing that - what with having designed us to die of old age - what a bastard!!

I'm sure he's completely pissed off that people are living longer and longer too......thus completely ruining his plan to have us all die before we can tell you how great the world was.....back before flush toilets, antibiotics, back when measles killed hundreds of people per year in the USA alone, and polio and rickets crippled thousands more. Back when life expectancy was only 65, or even 60, air bags and seat belts weren't invented, back before auto mobiles even - and the streets we full of horse dung.

Flush toilets were used in ancient India; and in both the Minoan and Roman Empires. Arabs had them by the 1200's CE. Flush toilets existed in Europe from the 1600's. By the 1850's, flush toilets were going mainstream in "civilized" parts of the world.

The first "affordable for the masses" automobile, the Ford Model T, appeared in 1908.

Natural antibiotics have existed forever in the form of natural plant essential oils (herbal medicine).
Sulfa drugs appeared in the 1930's. Penicillin in the mid 1940's. Polio vaccines have existed since the mid-1950's.

And despite all of these drugs, hundreds of people still die every year in the US from measles.

Fifty years ago, the world's population was about half of what it is today. The world was less crowded and less polluted. JFK had not been assassinated yet. Americans still had faith in their government and other institutions.
Americans had better manners. Sleaziness was not yet considered "normal." People still had their privacy, the last shred of privacy is almost gone. People had not yet been replaced by computers. The US Dollar was the strongest currency in the world. Americans were respected by most of the world. People had genuine hope for a better future for themselves and their children.

The Boomers are the last generation to remember what this country & the world was like before it was gutted by the Globalists.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Flush toilets were used in ancient India; and in both the Minoan and Roman Empires. Arabs had them by the 1200's CE. Flush toilets existed in Europe from the 1600's. By the 1850's, flush toilets were going mainstream in "civilized" parts of the world.

Yep - and all those people who knew how good it was before then have been killed off already!!

The first "affordable for the masses" automobile, the Ford Model T, appeared in 1908.

So not too many people left who know how good times were before then either - obviously the plan is working....

Natural antibiotics have existed forever in the form of natural plant essential oils (herbal medicine).

My god - so they killed off hte dinosaurs because they knew about antibiotics - now it all makes sense!!

Sulfa drugs appeared in the 1930's. Penicillin in the mid 1940's. Polio vaccines have existed since the mid-1950's.

And yet now we complain about polio vaccines & encourage Moslem Africans to think they are an evil Christian plot o wipe them out or some such stupidity! Probably because all the people who took them in hte 1950's are dying off!!
I had them in the 1960's - my god - I'm next!!

And despite all of these drugs, hundreds of people still die every year in the US from measles.

Apparently not -

During January 1--July 31, 2008, 131 measles cases were reported to CDC from 15 states and the District of Columbia (DC): Illinois (32 cases), New York (27), Washington (19), Arizona (14), California (14), Wisconsin (seven), Hawaii (five), Michigan (four), Arkansas (two), and DC, Georgia, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Virginia (one each). Seven measles outbreaks (i.e., three or more cases linked in time or place) accounted for 106 (81%) of the cases. Fifteen of the patients (11%) were hospitalized, including four children aged

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I will tell you one thing that was better "back then" tho - without the internet there were many fewer stupid conspiracy theories!!

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I will tell you one thing that was better "back then" tho - without the internet there were many fewer stupid conspiracy theories!!

That's right...just keep eating that nice GM corn, and enjoying it! It HAS to be good for us, right? They sell it in grocery stores and it comes in happy, brightly colored packages! It's fun!

It must be okay, right? Forget about those animal studies. Who cares about them? If the government allows it in our food, then it must be just fine.

*snerk*

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Where do you think they come from, now?

The reason we moved away from herbal medicine is because of the difficulty in establishing safe and effective doses. Further - plants like Nightshade have very powerful and useful alkaloid compounds (atropine) - but taken together, are an insta-kill to most living and breathing critters. The plant, itself, is unsuited to herbal medicine.

Further, just as there is a risk of over-dose, there is a substantial risk of under-dose. This is especially the case in emergency treatment - where the timely administering of drugs is the difference between life, death, and/or permanent brain damage. Giving someone too little can be just as lethal as giving someone too much.

Which is why we synthesize many of the drugs, today. We can establish an accurate and consistent dosage.

As for where new drugs come from; the vast majority still come from discoveries made with plants. Pharmaceutical companies pay big money to 'pharmacognicists' who travel the world and observe how indigenous people use local plants and investigate those plants for their medicinal value.

A lot of the rest of your rant doesn't really have much merit.

People had not yet been replaced by computers.

People will never be replaced by computers. Jobs will be taken up by computers - but the human element can never be replaced. It will simply have to shift to new responsibilities.

This is nothing new. The plow reduced the number of people necessary to tend a farm. The cotton gin reduced the number of slaves you needed picking cotton seeds out of cotton.

The list goes on. The point is that humans and industry both survived the introduction of labor-saving innovations in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. People no longer had to waste their time picking seeds out of cotton all damned day - and found other things to do with their time (such as watch people throw a ball around and feel so inclined as to pay them to do so).

Hell, as a computer and electronics technician/engineer (come from both backgrounds) - I don't have much of a job without there being computers.

Humans are too valuable and too flexible to waste on repetitive and dull activities that can be more effectively accomplished by machines and computer programs.

People had genuine hope for a better future for themselves and their children.

What this has to do with GMO, I have no real idea.

You do realize that America was at the forefront of global industry because of our corner market on industrial resources of the era combined with our ingenuity and industrialization, correct?

Genetic engineering is the future of industry. Already, we are seeing some of the developments that I have predicted - bio-luminescent plants to be used as a replacement for streetlights, modified yeasts and/or algae used for chemical processing and/or refinement that was once done with caustic chemicals and huge amounts of waste compounds. Soon, you will see commercial electronics manufactured with viruses (it's still in the prototype stages).

We can have a separate discussion about the sociopolitical climate of the U.S. and how it is currently quite unhealthy. GMOs, however, have nothing to do with it... aside from we would be seeing -more- genetic engineering were we to get the government out of the way of entrepreneurship and migrate away from the fallacious concept of a controlled economy.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Very good post, we also have forgotten that since modern manufactured food, cancer is to become an epidemic along side with diabetes and obesity.

But hey we live longer but with less quality of life as people are more and more Dependant on drugs in order to treat their illnesses that are more related to side effects of environmental men created pollutants than diseases.

Every thing is just peachy, our future generations will be sicker by the time men finish tampering with nature in order to profit from it. But I bet big pharma will love it.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Another great post marg. Thanks.
...You should check out this new report from the ETC Group:

Who Will Control the Green Economy?

The 60-page report connects the dots between the climate and oil crises, new technologies and corporate power. The report warns that the world’s largest companies are riding the coattails of the “Green Economy” while gearing up for their boldest coup to-date – not just by making strategic acquisitions and tapping new markets, but also by penetrating new industrial sectors.

DuPont, for example, already the world’s second largest seed company and sixth largest company in both pesticides and chemicals, is now a powerhouse in plant-based materials, energy and food ingredients. DuPont’s business plan is not unique. Other major players in seeds, pesticides, chemicals and food – including Monsanto, Syngenta, Dow, BASF and Unilever – are also making strategic investments in risky technologies and forming R&D collaborations in hopes of turning plant biomass into all kinds of high value products – and profit.

.....more

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join