It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that Jesus Christ’s tomb is in Japan?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

In the 2,800-person village of Shingō in Japan's Aomori prefecture, you can visit a tourist attraction that earns almost doodlysquat fanfare despite its world-shattering theological ramifications.

Christ first visited Japan between the ages of 21 and 33 (the Bible does in fact skip over large periods of Christ's early life, and many theories exist about what he did in the intervals). The document claims he studied the native language and culture before returning to Jerusalem, where he was crucified. Only it wasn't really him who was crucified. His younger brother, Isukiri (who makes no appearance in the Bible), nobly took his place on the cross, pretending to be the Son of God, while the real Christ fled to Siberia. A few years later, via Alaska, he arrived at the port of Hachinohe, just 40 km from Shingō. He made his way to the village, where he married, had three children, and lived to the age of 106.

I highly, highly doubt this is true, but still an interesting little read/video. There is obviously a lot of skepticism, but there are some interesting traditions in this particular village. Some people think that it's not Jesus who is buried in this little town, but a Christian missionary. Either way, neat story check it out.

Link

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

makes as much sense as the traditional narative

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I had never heard this one before.

Interesting. Though unlikely...

An early Christian missionary, perhaps?

Cool story.

And the religious ramifications, were it true, are mind bending.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

In the 2,800-person village of Shingō in Japan's Aomori prefecture, you can visit a tourist attraction that earns almost doodlysquat fanfare despite its world-shattering theological ramifications.

Christ first visited Japan between the ages of 21 and 33 (the Bible does in fact skip over large periods of Christ's early life, and many theories exist about what he did in the intervals). The document claims he studied the native language and culture before returning to Jerusalem, where he was crucified. Only it wasn't really him who was crucified. His younger brother, Isukiri (who makes no appearance in the Bible), nobly took his place on the cross, pretending to be the Son of God, while the real Christ fled to Siberia. A few years later, via Alaska, he arrived at the port of Hachinohe, just 40 km from Shingō. He made his way to the village, where he married, had three children, and lived to the age of 106.

I highly, highly doubt this is true, but still an interesting little read/video. There is obviously a lot of skepticism, but there are some interesting traditions in this particular village. Some people think that it's not Jesus who is buried in this little town, but a Christian missionary. Either way, neat story check it out.

Link

Actually Domo1, I find this interesting for a few reasons. Firstly, only 1% of Japan is Christians. And the other thing that makes this interesting to me is that;

At the time of the binding of Isaac by Abraham, it was a challenge not only to Abraham but to Isaac as well. Because Isaac had a task to pass down the oral laws, and traditions, as well as other gifts. Isaac had received a gift, meditation. I know this sounds ridiculous and off point, but Isaac would train missionaries if you will and send them east with these teachings. These men where called "Brahms", which strike also a weird familiarity with Brahmin (Highest Caste of Indian Caste System) Could this be the reason why Eastern culture has been very zen, and focus has always been very meditative friendly?!

To be clear I am skeptical it is the burial of Jesus of Nazareth, and I highly doubt their story.
edit on 26-12-2011 by HeavenWolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Well some people believe his grave to be in Kashmir, India.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's highly unlikely to be true, I tend to believe more in the James Cameron version .. The Osuary names and the time period just line up all too well, I know there are some issues with that version but it still seems the best bet so far .. It's the right place, the right time and the right names ..

Anyway, Jesus in Japan I can VAGUELY believe, but Jesus' tomb being there, not likely ..

edit on 12/26/2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Lol, if He had been a normal carpenter's Son who died and was buried we would't be having this discussion right now.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Why can't anyone see what they read?

There were many Jesus's at the time.

Why?

Because the master sent his disciples out to do works in HIS name.

You cannot kill the mask that many wear...

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is unlikely but we don't know the whole story. So much has been deleted from the Bible, why we'll never know. Someone doesn't want us to know the truth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That's funny, I thought it was found in Talpiot, Jerusalem by James Cameron back in 1980. Oh, well, we always knew there were more than one of them. The World's Sixteen Crucified Saviors
Guess he must have been cloned.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You know autowrench you are so willing to believe everything that you read that refutes the bible. Not one of the links you have referenced provides me much of anything other than circular arguments against Christ. And even less so do any of your websites provide any proof, such as archeological evidence that prove that anything they say truly predates Christ. Just because we prove that something called Hinduism pre existed Christ we simply do not have archeological evidence, such as manuscripts that predate Christ to verify that these religions did not adopt the teaching of Christ after Christ.

I believe in a book that many claim has changed their lives in ways that they simply could not have done for themselves. I don’t believe anyone of the authors that you link to can make that claim.

I could create a website today and make a thousand claims about anything, but no one would believe me unless I had proof. But if I created a website that claimed one thing negative about the word of God you and many others would be willing to accept it without any concrete evidence. There is simply far more evidence for the Bible and Christ that can be proven, than there is evidence of any of the things you believe.

I usually do not allow myself to be this direct but you seem determined to undermine the faith of believers, so I respond not only to show my faith in my God but to encourage my brothers to stay strong in their faith.

I promise that although this may come across as a personal attack I wish no hard feelings towards you. I have as much love for you as anyone I call my brother. My prayers are with you.

edit on 26-12-2011 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Really? His brother who just happens to be Japanese? His brother went to Jerusalem and was crucified? Really? The problem with these wild claims is that no one actually reads the very Bible they are trying to dispute. The villagers of his town mentioned a recognition of Him as being the son of Joseph, a carpenter. They seemed to be very surprised Jesus had a ministry, but the point is, they knew Him.

Yes, the Bible does not tell us what He did after He was 12, at that time He was at the temple in Jerusalem when His family went on a pilgrimage. The history of Jews in Japan begins in the 1600s. Jesus was very much an orthodox Jew, He kept the law to the letter and presented Himself as orthodox, following the order of the Nazarites. Wow, people stretch at anything.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
His tomb is in Jerusalem not Japan. You can go to Jerusalem and see it for your self.

What people will do for money these days is disgusting.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Really? His brother who just happens to be Japanese?

That's what I was thinking when I read the thread title before I clicked the link.

I was like, "Woooooooooooow,.. now this is a new one." lol

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
His tomb is in Jerusalem not Japan. You can go to Jerusalem and see it for your self.

And it's empty. I think in another 5,000 years, people will be searching graves of Hindus and think they must be Nazis because of the schwastikas. In 5,000 years, they will dig my grave up and call me a hobbit, because I am so short.

It's funny though, I have seen funerals in which people placed objects with the dead person that was special to them. My ex-husband's grandmother had a deck of playing card in her casket placed there by her daughter because they loved to play Canasta. I wonder in the future, will they say she was some sort of spiritual adviser who used cards to cast the future? I am constantly amazed by all the archeologists who want us to believe that the ancients were so devout and worshiped so much more. I think all those things the ancients were buried with was something personal to the individual and not because they were so devout. Geesh, it is like saying the entire populace of ancient Ireland were all Druidic priests and followed their religion every single moment of the day. I think human behavior does not change and not all the ancients were devout.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

How is this 'disgusting'? Methinks someone is insecure in their faith. I also don't think anyone is making a ton (if any) money off of this story.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

I believe in a book that many claim has changed their lives in ways that they simply could not have done for themselves. I don’t believe anyone of the authors that you link to can make that claim.

That's interesting. I thought christians believed in god, and in the "risen christ". And that it is god who changes lives in many ways they simply could not have done for themselves.

I thought it was the "living word", and not the written word that had the power. Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

OP. However unlikely this story may be. It is interesting, and may very well tie into some other story we aren't aware of. It's one to keep in mind anyway. S&F.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

That's interesting. I thought christians believed in god, and in the "risen christ". And that it is god who changes lives in many ways they simply could not have done for themselves.

I thought it was the "living word", and not the written word that had the power. Guess I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification.

OP. However unlikely this story may be. It is interesting, and may very well tie into some other story we aren't aware of. It's one to keep in mind anyway. S&F.

Klassified, I believe the Living Word and Risen Christ. I am not sure if you were being sarcastic, I had to read it several times.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

The bible is the living word of God. And the message contained in it has the power to change, because they are the very words of God. You see the words in the bible are the very words Christ and the apostles used to lead both Jews and Gentile to following Christ. They have the same power today as they did when they were first spoken and or written. How else do you suppose we are to develop a relationship with Christ? Why else would you imagine that God has ensured that his word is printed more than all books each year and in nearly every language known to man?

If you give man credit for this book or the literally billions of copies in existence you are giving man credit for something that can only be credited to God.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Fake. Anyone worth his salt knows that jews didn't bury themselves in the ground like that. They used tombs in which their bodies were left for a year so that the flesh would then rot away and then their bones were taken and put into the family tomb in a chest built to hold their bones called ossuaries for second burial which was popular in his time. Jesus' family tomb is not in Japan i am sorry to say, his bones would have been taken back to Nazareth or Bethlehem since the seed of David must come from Bethlehem. For one thing you can't bury someone who didn't stay dead...
edit on 26-12-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join