It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you know that Jesus Christ’s tomb is in Japan?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Thats not the point... IF his birth was prophecied... and it was well known that he showed wisdom beyond his years... There would have been more information on his life if he stayed in the same relitive area...

Plus its more logical that he didn't just stick around and work... Especially in his teenage years... Any growing man wants to explore the world...

I say he likely traveled far and wide in his missing years... and i do believe he went to india.

No, no, no. You're not getting the point my friend. The gospel author's focus was on telling people about Christ's ministry. There are a few colorful details from His youth included that ALSO detailed His ministry. (Teaching in the temple when His parents went to Jerusalem for example) But the gospels are not biographies, they are detailed accounts of His ministry. Which officially began at His baptism and concluded 3 1/2 years later with His death and resurrection.

He wasn't traveling the globe, He was working for His adopted dad Joseph in his carpenter shop. The same thing the Pharisees said of Him when He said He was God's Son.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

If his purpose was to spread the word of God, and the path of God... why would he limit himself and the world to one specific region of the world...

IF you knew the word of God would you not want to spread it far and wide?

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

If his purpose was to spread the word of God, and the path of God... why would he limit himself and the world to one specific region of the world...

Let's let Christ answer that:

" But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." ~ Matt. 15:24

He'd later give his disciples the duty of teaching His gospel to the world. They'd be the ones to witness His resurrection.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

" But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." ~ Matt. 15:24

He'd later give his disciples the duty of teaching His gospel to the world. They'd be the ones to witness His resurrection.

That doesn't mean he didn't travel the world...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Akragon

That doesn't mean he didn't travel the world...

The only record we have is when his parents fled to Egypt to escape Herod's decree. That could have been quite a few years, I could research it but I'm not sure how old Jesus was when Herod died.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Who is "we"?

Who is to say that others didn't keep record of his teachings?

Perhaps even his travels?

edit on 30-12-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Who is "we"?

"We" as in humanity.

Who is to say that others didn't keep record of his teachings?

Perhaps some others did, but most of the extra-Biblical documents purporting to be from Christ's followers are not. They were written at least a century after any of His disciple's died. And not only is the content unBiblical, it's mostly anti-Biblical.

Perhaps even his travels?

I'm a fundie bro, that means scripture is my final authority, "Sola Scriptura". If He had relevant travels outside Judea it would be included in the gospel accounts. His mission from the Father was to the lost sheep of Israel, if He was doing something else He'd be operating outside the will of His Father. And Christ's "meat" was to do the will of His Father.

(I'll be honest with you bro. People want to make the claims he traveled to the far East so they can justify including Buddhist and Hindu teachings with His own. It's garbage. Same thing the Gnostics did, they wanted to intermingle Greek philosophy and Egyptian mysticism with the gospel message.)

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Perhaps some others did, but most of the extra-Biblical documents purporting to be from Christ's followers are not. They were written at least a century after any of His disciple's died. And not only is the content unBiblical, it's mostly anti-Biblical.

Do you not think its possible that other people that might have known him may have kept his teachings and passed them down several hundred years later?

These are holy lessons... keep them safe for all time?

Consider what has been distroyed by history...

Its 2k years later and people still love him... so you really believe its not possible that his teachings and sayings might also lie outside of "the bible"?

I'm a fundie bro, that means scripture is my final authority, "Sola Scriptura". If He had relevant travels outside Judea it would be included in the gospel accounts. His mission from the Father was to the lost sheep of Israel, if He was doing something else He'd be operating outside the will of His Father. And Christ's "meat" was to do the will of His Father.

I appreciate that...

but theres 17 years not included in the gospel...

where does it say he spent all of his time in one area... or anything about that time for that matter?

(I'll be honest with you bro. People want to make the claims he traveled to the far East so they can justify including Buddhist and Hindu teachings with His own. It's garbage. Same thing the Gnostics did, they wanted to intermingle Greek philosophy and Egyptian mysticism with the gospel message.)

Actually i see his lessons in all of those religons... and i see errors...

but the same holds true for Christianity

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Do you not think its possible that other people that might have known him may have kept his teachings and passed them down several hundred years later?

Sure, and it's also possible He traveled to North Shore in Hawaii to catch some gnarly waves. Perhaps He hung out with the native American Indians and taught them how to skin a buffalo? We could go on for years postulating on what is possible. Now what is probable based on the Biblical account is that He came back home with His parents and He stayed working in the family business as a carpenter.

The early church hand copied all the apostle's letters and distributed them to other churches. And there were texts that his apostles and earlier followers outright rejected. Colossians and 1 John are basically addressed to Gnostic heresies.

but theres 17 years not included in the gospel...

I addressed this earlier. Look at any other figure in the scriptures and there will be periods of time in their lives that are not mentioned. What was Elijah doing when he was a teenager? Who knows?? What was Abraham doing before God called him? Who freaking knows?? The gospels are NOT biographies of His entire life, they are detailed accounts from eyewitnesses of His ministry. Which began at His baptism in the Jordan river, it lasted for 3 1/2 years.

Actually i see his lessons in all of those religons... and i see errors...

That's sad to me, because 99% their teaching are not only unBiblical, but antiBiblical. Why would Christ tell the Jews the sky is blue, then go halfway around the world and tell another culture, "sorry, the sky is actually red."

If you were planning to deceive someone wouldn't you try as best as possible to appear as the real thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join