It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
"Online volunteers could be set task of spotting alien technology, evidence of mining and rubbish heaps in moon images"

I've been told by a few credible sources that once 'we' find irrefutable artifacts on the Moon, 'they'll' have no other choice but to acknowledge intelligent extraterrestrial life. Although I wish we could find intelligent life here on Earth first ---this is still good news! I have absolutely no doubt that we have been and are currently being visited by extraterrestrial!
By the way, on Coast to Coast tonight, NASA Ken Johnston will talk about Lunar Cover-ups So interesting timing for this article.

Hundreds of thousands of pictures of the moon will be examined for telltale signs that aliens once visited our cosmic neighbourhood if plans put forward by scientists go ahead.

Passing extraterrestrials might have left messages, scientific instruments, heaps of rubbish or evidence of mining on the dusty lunar surface that could be spotted by human telescopes and orbiting spacecraft.

Though the chances of finding the handiwork of long-gone aliens are exceptionally remote, scientists argue that a computerised search of lunar images, or a crowd-sourced analysis by amateur enthusiasts, would be cheap enough to justify given the importance of a potential discovery.

Prof Paul Davies and Robert Wagner at Arizona State University argue that images of the moon and other information collected by scientists for their research should be scoured for signs of alien intervention. The proposal aims to complement other hunts for alien life, such as the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Seti), which draws on data from radiotelescopes to scour the heavens for messages beamed into space by alien civilisations.

more: www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Why these two guys should head on over to ATS! theyd find all the "proof" they need!!!

LOL

Is kinda cool though
edit on 25-12-2011 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Don't you think they've already had people do this?

The real question is, what did they find?

I'm one of the people that believe there are things going on, on the moon, that are only privy to the highest of security clearance.

Good to see some serious scientists talking about this though!

Oh and thanks for letting me know what tonights C2C topic is, i was just about to look it up on my iphone app!

edit on 25-12-2011 by dannotz because: add

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Im not going to hold my breath on someone finding anything. Why would any alien race see our moon as a place of interest out of all the other places in the solar system? im not knocking the idea of searching the moon, it never hurt to look.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Forgive me for saying so, but it isn't Alien Technology we need to be looking for, it's Human technology. VERY old, VERY advanced to our way of considering past civilizations, but human nonetheless, IMHO.

There is one place on Earth and only a couple in our Solar System where we are likely to find evidence of advanced human settlement from beyond antiquity. On Earth, it's Antarctica and places like Lake Vostok...the other places are the Moon and Mars.

The same places we look to today, they surely looked to back then...and things on the moon change over millenia. Things up there could not only be recognizable...but if there, some things could still WORK depending on how buried or sheltered they were.

It's something to consider...and remember how buried by just the slow crawl of cosmic dust, it would all likely be today. We need a human colony just to see if we haven't been there long before making human colonies.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
your current government doesnt give a hoot about space travel, and until nasa is dismantled and destroyed there will be no space missions.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

The positive point to be found there is that the U.S. Government is only one among many now. China and India are both looking heavenward with serious intent.

I don't care what flag in on the side or what language is spoken on the flight deck. If the craft is human and departing for points unknown, they can be Jihadi Iranians speaking Farsi and trying ro solve the whole Mecca problem in 3 dimensional space. It'll still be the largest victory of Mankind up to that point.

Have faith though... Just because Uncle Sam seems to have given up..doesn't mean other nation's aren't still working with all they have to get there.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien Have you heard of Mac Tonnies? A brilliant guy who was into Moon & Mars Anomalies & unfortunately passed away a few years ago at the way to young an age of 30 something. Also there is a good site about Mars anomalies cause their is some crazy stuff going on there - NASA pics with skulls & structures. Attached both sites - enjoy!

www.mactonnies.com...

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

edit on 25-12-2011 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Not saying we have, but what makes them think we havent already?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It seems a bit odd to me that no privately funded moon landings even by unmanned craft have ever occurred or been attempted.

It isn't technically that difficult or expensive to do. As I say, it seems strange this hasn't happened especially since technology to build them has been publicly available for decades.

A little bird told me, and if you look in the right places there is blatant evidence of this being the very thing that has been covered up from the documenting of the Apollo program, that many earth launched landings on the moon have happened before the Apollo missions, in some cases many centuries before. The Apollo missions found and photographed a capsule from the 1800s and it's dead occupants plus a settlement of what appeared to be Egyptian or Mayan architecture and large ships that had solid fuel engines much like shuttle SRB's and descent engines that used some type of directional plasma jets. Many thousands of years old All clearly origionating from earth, complete with mummified human remains and known texts and hieroglyphs to prove it.If they had shown that on TV in 1969 everybody's heads would have exploded. Add to that the settlement of human survivors they later found that had evolved to survive on the moon it's no bloody wonder they cancelled the last few Apollo missions.

I also heard many private and unpublicised landings have happened sine the 1980's and that NASA has simply made sure we never found out about them. In many cases the people behind the launches being assimilated into NASA and given total access to all the goodies and info us mortals aren't allowed to see or know about because we handle change so badly and mainly because of that stupid book about the non-existant omnipotent supernatural entity that most of the planet gets very upset about when anyone or anything questions it.

They could reveal it all and show that it was all of earthly origin until they were blue in the face, but the knee jerk hysteria and panic about it being proof of 'Aliens' amongst the religious and the thick and the non existent conspiracy locating society of paranoid nutbars and scaremongers would happen regardless. So it's better to keep it quiet.

Be my guest if you want to go up there and look for Alien stuff but you wont find any. You will find a lot of things from earth that shouldn't be there. Technically it is alien, as it is tech and history from Earth that was previously unknown plus proof that evolution not only occurs but is adaptive to its enviroment. Are humans that evolved differently still humans? Extraterrestrial? certainly not. Try telling some people that though.

Maybe letting public privately funded missions go up there and 'accidentally' find this stuff is the right way to do it. That way NASA dont have to hold their hands up to concealing it. A controlled public furore will occur about the 'Alien' stuff they stumble on then it will all calm down when it's found that it all origionated from earth of the past.

Sounds like fun though. Cant wait.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
"Online volunteers could be set task of spotting alien technology, evidence of mining and rubbish heaps in moon images"

Oh I get it .... so ALL the anomalies spotted by the many may now be vindicated?

Isn't that interesting!

BTW - I still want HOAGLAND to release THE IMAGES he is holding back...

Cha!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I think the asteroid belts would be better candidates because of the much lower gravity well. It's not like the resources there are going to be too scant if you have interstellar travel available. The problem is the difficulty of such a task. Finding a needle in a haystack is exceptionally easy compared to finding an alien artifact in that amount of space.

I could only imagine some passive form of Bracewell probe the size of a small refrigerator with an entire other internet's worth of knowledge stored on it floating around out there amongst the asteroids, and all of humanity being completely oblivious to its existence.
edit on 26-12-2011 by pauljs75 because: fix spelling

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Prof Paul Davies and Robert Wagner at Arizona State University argue that images of the moon and other information collected by scientists for their research should be scoured for signs of alien intervention. The proposal aims to complement other hunts for alien life, such as the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (Seti), which draws on data from radiotelescopes to scour the heavens for messages beamed into space by alien civilisations.

NOW your Talking
Forget Ken this is hot... Arizona State University no less.
Got my attention with that one

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

So do we get paid by the hour or the month?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Does anyone else notice it that the media is preparing us for 2012?

You see more and more headlines in the media, it all started with the Pope sayins it's ok to believe in extraterrestrials. From then on, if you read a little between the lines you will find many news that are disclosing things step by steps

Imo Dec 21 2012 is a government agenda that will disclose the existence of UFO's (extraterrestrial UFOs), at least that makes more sense than the Nibiru crap. The media is simply playing with us, manipulating us.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster. We are being prepared. The Guardian newspaper is a respectable broadsheet newspaper, it is not like The Sun or The Daily Mirror. This is a mainstream newspaper and well respected from the point of view of it being of quality journalism. It is in the same league as the Wall Street Journal et al. So that stood out to me alone. So ok it is Christmas and they dont run many stories as everyone is on their jollies, but even so this is a story you would not even dream of seeing in The Guardian even five years ago. So I do agree we are witnessing Cosmic Journey 2.0 being played out. The original Cosmic Journey programme was cancelled or so says Timothy Good in his book Ailen Liason. But it does look like now that this time it is definelty well and truly on.

I do hope 2012 does bring some sort of announcement. And that First Contact is a peaceful one. I know we need to solve our own problems, but I do think in order to do that we need to see the bigger picture to understand our place in the Universe. That would go along way to sorting out half the wars on this planet which is over relgion as well as natural resources.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Oh my God... I'm back. I'm home. All the time it was... we finally really did it. YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! OH, DAMN YOU! GODDAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Our moon is very unique compared to other known moons. Thats what I read anyway, so that could be why someone out ther could be interested..

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well if Lunar images were made avalible to the public without being tampered with that might be a possibility. Supposidly there is a ship or craft thats been on the darkside of the moon for a very long time and several secret apollo missions were launched for that purpose, The movie apollo 18 is based LOOSLEY on that as i dont believe anything was still alive when they really went up there, i havent gotten a chance to see the movie yet. Also there is supposed to be some sort of tower or castle like structure refered to as "the Shard" in certain circles.

Why just the moon? Bottom of the ocean and ancient ice seems like good searching grounds to. Not to mention whatever could be buried under The temple Mount in Israel or the pyramids at Giza or any of the other mystery sites that could actually function as a library of sorts but humans have a fanatical obsession with very old things.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

NOW your Talking Forget Ken this is hot... Arizona State University no less. Got my attention with that one

This should also get your attention:

"Although there is only a tiny probability that alien technology would have left traces on the moon in the form of an artefact or surface modification of lunar features, this location has the virtue of being close, and of preserving traces for an immense duration," the scientists write in a paper published online in the journal Acta Astronautica.

"If it costs little to scan data for signs of intelligent manipulation, little is lost in doing so, even though the probability of detecting alien technology at work may be exceedingly low," they add.

www.guardian.co.uk...

In other words, we're probably not going to find anything, but it's cheap.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join