It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

We should scour the moon for ancient traces of aliens, say scientists

page: 4
41
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


Hey HA - got to say one thing - it is the "far side" - there is no dark side of the moon (all the lizards and grey bots have been booted I've heard!) ....who's there now - one can only imagine!

The Transformers movie sucked, but I did quite enjoy Apollo 18 - apart from the silly Moon spiders! Moon spiders! Who are they kidding!?

This mooveeee looks interesting though (even though its a disney) :




posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP


Both available on zorgon's site, here and here, respectively.



Thanks ArMaP.

Zorgon! He's such an enigma for I can never figure out what side of the fence he is on.

Where did he get these photos?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: ETA took out personal opinion. Added question about photo



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by ArMaP


Both available on zorgon's site, here and here, respectively.



Thanks ArMaP.

Zorgon! He's such an enigma for I can never figure out what side of the fence he is on.

Where did he get these photos?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Human_Alien because: ETA took out personal opinion. Added question about photo


So why don't you just ask him?

Sometimes I think zorgon is a reincarnate NASA whistleblower from the 50's or 60's that was killed because he wanted the truth out there! But that's just my special little zorgon fantasy! lol




posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Where did he get these photos?
NASA, and I think he has links to the original NASA photos on his site.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Zorgon...Where did he get these photos?


What difference does it make? They mean absolutely nothing.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Zorgon...Where did he get these photos?


What difference does it make? They mean absolutely nothing.


Well that's just your opinion.

Easy opinion to have BTW. Each to their own.
edit on 26-12-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: spellink!



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Zorgon...Where did he get these photos?


What difference does it make? They mean absolutely nothing.


Well that's just your opinion.

Easy opinion to have BTW. Each to their own.
edit on 26-12-2011 by watchZEITGEISTnow because: spellink!


No, not opinion, fact. the images mean nothing, there is nothing definitive that can be gleaned from them. Fact.

Now if you want to get all excited about a bunch of grainy, possibly distorted, images and transpose reality with fantasy, then go for it. Call the images hippogriffs or moon bases or interstellar prostitutes, it means nothing, nothing at all.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt
What difference does it make? They mean absolutely nothing.
Do you give the same "weight" to NASA photos that you give to photos you don't know the source?



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt
 


Even the two images ArMaP posted?

Horse to water comes to mind. Anywhooo



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt
What difference does it make? They mean absolutely nothing.
Do you give the same "weight" to NASA photos that you give to photos you don't know the source?


I don't give any weight to NASA photos, why should I? Look who the source is.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt
 


I hear that!

but I believe the early Moon images were legit - aka Lunar Orbiter and Ranger.

Apollo images and beyond are fake/real/obscured/shopped/airbrushed/smudged/under exposed/over exposed/and so on...

But there ARE some legit images that's a given.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt
 


I hear that!

but I believe the early Moon images were legit - aka Lunar Orbiter and Ranger.

Apollo images and beyond are fake/real/obscured/shopped/airbrushed/smudged/under exposed/over exposed/and so on...

But there ARE some legit images that's a given.


Are there? Which ones? Odds are you are right but since we have no way of knowing which are or are not legit, they all have to go in the Dumpster.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt
 

but I believe the early Moon images were legit - aka Lunar Orbiter and Ranger.

Apollo images and beyond are fake/real/obscured/shopped/airbrushed/smudged/under exposed/over exposed/and so on...

But there ARE some legit images that's a given.


Are there? Which ones? Odds are you are right but since we have no way of knowing which are or are not legit, they all have to go in the Dumpster.


I believe what is being alluded to is images that were published in books previous to 1970 or so. Apparently it wasn't until 1970 or 71 when photos were being brushed with more scrutiny, so I guess there were books out there with photos that were published without getting the brush completed.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronDogg

Originally posted by LiveToSpendIt

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by LiveToSpendIt
 

but I believe the early Moon images were legit - aka Lunar Orbiter and Ranger.

Apollo images and beyond are fake/real/obscured/shopped/airbrushed/smudged/under exposed/over exposed/and so on...

But there ARE some legit images that's a given.


Are there? Which ones? Odds are you are right but since we have no way of knowing which are or are not legit, they all have to go in the Dumpster.


I believe what is being alluded to is images that were published in books previous to 1970 or so. Apparently it wasn't until 1970 or 71 when photos were being brushed with more scrutiny, so I guess there were books out there with photos that were published without getting the brush completed.


We were airbrushing pictures in 1968 under COINTELPRO ops. I don't think NASA was unaware of this technique especially since they had the best optical talent at their disposal.

Who knows, huh? No one for sure so NASA images taken whenever go in the Dumpster.



posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
It's hard to know what's going on here, but thanks H A for the thread. I still find most of the pictures under scrutiny have ambiguity to the point of being useless unless they are related in some way. What is also bothering is the concept of looking for what looks like remains of a byproduct like mining waste for instance, in isolation. I don't think it would work like that for the Moon. You need an infrastructure that would contain at least trace remnants of other related activities. Artifacts



posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by angus1745
 



It seems a bit odd to me that no privately funded moon landings even by unmanned craft have ever occurred or been attempted.


It seems odd that you don't follow the news. There is literally a race going on between private companies all over the world:

www.googlelunarxprize.org...



It seems odd that you make the snarky reply that you did. As far as it is publicly known, no private company or consortium has yet attempted a rocket to the moon, which it what the first poster said. So, there is this moon prize competition. Fine. But have any of the 31 competitors launched yet? If not, then there still have been no attempts; hence, @angus1745's statement is correct, and strikes me as a very reasonable and valid comment to make without the sufferance of derision.

Second, I follow the news a good deal, and this is the first that I've heard of this lunar prize. Insinuating that anyone who hasn't heard of this contest already doesn't follow the news is insulting. Thank you for bringing it to our attention, but in the future try copping less attitude when doing so.

For the record, it seems rather cheap to have a deadline of 12/31/2015. Sounds like Google doesn't really want to pay up and only did this as a marketing ploy.



posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by pascalt
I contacted the Japan agency team and they will not disclose the high resolution pictures of most parts of the moon until later date.
Which high resolution pictures are you talking about? The higher resolution images are the ones from Kaguya/Selene's Terrain Camera (I have at least four at 7 metres per pixel), and they are available on their site.


Have you tried downloading the images from the far side of the moon? Put the coordinate and try to download them. For me it didn't work, and I contacted them and said that they are not released. I don't know for sure if he meant "any image appart from the apollo landings" -- I admit I haven't tried other areas to see if it works? Have you tried several coordinates from the moon and were you able to download high resolution pictures of many random spots?



posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien
 


well then I hope they gonna review my findings...










edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by pascalt
 


Yes, since the first time I saw that the photos were available I have downloaded several (maybe around 30), the last one was from an area at 171ºE 27ºS.

If you have specific coordinates I can try it.



posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Discover of "ancient evidence" is very easy to condition the human population, and test their reaction, to the possibility of being the least smartest civilization in the universe. There have been one or two 'interesting' images from the lunar surface that are very hard to dismiss as natural.



new topics

top topics



 
41
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join