It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History of Palestine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A video showing how land was stripped from the so-called non-existent Palestinians; along with sources for every fact they have presented.

In summary of some events mentioned in the video, here is a timeline.
[1882-1914]: 65,000 European Jews immigrated into Palestine.
[1915]: McMahon-Hussein Correspondence; in which the British promised the Arabs under Ottoman Rule, that once they freed themselves, the land will be theirs, including Palestine.
[1916]: Sykes-Picot Agreement: Secret agreement between the UK and France, backstabbing the Arabs by agreeing to divide the Arab world after the overthrow of the Ottoman Empire.
[1917]: Balfour Declaration: in which the UK promised the persecuted European Jews a homeland in Palestine.
[1920-1930]: 108,825 additional Jewish immigrants.
[1922]: Population; 757,182. (Arabs: 87.6%, Jews: 11%)

In the 1920's, as land belonging to local residents were stripped away, the first clashes between Palestinians and Jews emerged.

[1931]: Population; 1,035,154 (Arabs: 81.6%, Jews: 16.9%)
[1932-1936]: Hitler's rise to rule -> 174,000 Jewish immigrants.
[1937-1945]: 119,800 Jewish immigrants.
[1947]: As the conflict spiralled out of control, UK handed the problem over to the United Nations.
UN decided on the partition of Palestine into two states, an Arab state and a Jewish state.
Despite the fact that Arabs were more than 2/3 of the population, owned 97% of the land, they were given only 43% of the land.

The non-existent Palestinians owned over 97% of the land, and just because Jews were persecuted in Europe, the innocent Palestinians (who Jews lived with in complete harmony) were made to pay.

And the most shocking thing, is that the rest of the world blames Palestinians for their plight, because they did not accept giving up their land, their homes and lives; simply because people of the same religion once used to live there thousands of years ago.

Hussein-McMahon Correspondence
Sykes-Picot Agreement
Balfour Declaration

edit on 25/12/11 by ghash because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
So what happened before 1882?
Did the arabs just show up one day that year?

Your "timeline" is short by a couple thousand years.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The land on which Israel was created by the U.N. was also used by the colonial powers to create Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Jordan. It was land that had belonged to Turkey for 400 years. The Turks are not “Palestinians” and are not even arabs.

www.wall-of-truth.org...

And what was the arab population in 1822?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Palestine exists my friend, no matter what the deniers say.

You will probably be overrun with certain individuals who despise this subject being discussed on ATS.

I'm here with you though, so are many others.

Here are a couple threads that will help support the intention of this discussion:

Palestine Exists

Palestine Exists 2.0

I promise you that you will be baited in attempts to derail your thread which will then cause the mods to close your thread. To avoid this we must remain on topic and ignore the usual suspects who are bound to show up and deny the existence of Palestine.

I'm looking forward to a nice intellectual discussion, thank you for starting this thread

edit on 25-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I wonder what judge Daniels would have to say on the subject. But I am with you - Palestine exists.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I'm sorry but do I have to go back thousands of years? How about to the Stone Age? Or beginning of the universe?
It was under Byzantine control in 628 CE, joined the Islamic Empire in 636 CE and kept changing until it was under the Ottoman Empire in 1516.

Now tell me the exact population of the Jews in Ancient Israel, when did they last live there?
What does that have to do with anything?

And under your beloved UN's laws, Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian territory.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

And under your beloved UN's laws, Israel is illegally occupying Palestinian territory.

Have you also noticed how Israel ignores UN resolutions that are against them, but if a UN report or resolution stands in their favor they use it as the word of God.

The hypocrisy is blatantly obvious.

I'm not a fan of the UN because they're part of the group that helped form the illegitimate state of Israel, so please don't think I support them. I just find it Ironic how Israel picks and chooses which resolutions they decide to acknowledge.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

I might not be certain of the Arab population throughout history, but one thing is for sure.
The Jews living in Modern Israel, they're the ones that just "showed up". Literally.

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

They ignore the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, but call for the elimination of Iran.
They call the Arabs uncooperative, when according to HISTORICAL and DOCUMENTED facts, those Arabs owned 97% of the land.

They call the Arabs Nazis, when..

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Here is another helpful link which includes content from the UN claiming the settlements are illegal:

UN General Assembly Passes 9 Resolutions Against Israel

The UN General Assembly passed 9 resolutions on Friday to condemn Israel for its continued violation of human rights and building of Jewish settlements in the Palestinian and Syrian territories.

Of the other Israel-Palestine related resolutions passed by the United Nations General Assembly on Friday, five were part of the report from the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories, and related to Israel's practices and obligations as an Occupying Power under the Fourth Geneva Convention.

By six recorded votes, the Assembly adopted resolutions on both the “Question of Palestine” and on the wider “Situation in the Middle East”. The texts addressed issues including the illegal Israeli settlements in East Jerusalem, the work of the United Nations Division for Palestinian Rights and the stymied progress of the Syrian track of the Middle East peace process.

Guess which countries voted in Israel's favor

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

They ignore the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, but call for the elimination of Iran. They call the Arabs uncooperative, when according to HISTORICAL and DOCUMENTED facts, those Arabs owned 97% of the land.

Once again, I'm with you friend.

Muslim nations demand Israel open its nuke program to IAEA viewing

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

I mean no disrespect by posting these links, my intentions are good. Please let me know if you feel that I'm derailing your thread. I'm only here to help and defend your side of the argument.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Fantastic work.
And on the contrary, you have contributed an awful amount of good information, thank you for that

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I happen to visit Jordan for two weeks (business) in 2003. I stayed in the hotel with a lot of Palestinians workers. There were a lot of Palestinians in that town as well. They were one of the most friendliest people I have ever met (And I do travel a lot in my life). I had a few drinks with them one night and they expressed it very succinctly: "How would YOU feel if they (Zionists) chose your country as their sacred land and kick you out?" But I haven't met any violent types. About Afganis (from Palestinians): "They are the very primitive nations of tribal warriors. When they have no outside enemies they fight each other.". And no, Palestinians didn't support 9/11 attack in those conversations.

Should I add that I was denied entry to Israel (without explanations)? Don't drink with Palestinians before entering Israel :-)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

All I was trying to point out is that your thread title is "History of Palestine". The video and timeline only deals with events from around 1882 - present. Certainly there is more history than that.

I thought that you were creating a thread that was going to discuss the history of Palestine and what right they have to claim the land as opposed to the Jews.

Unfortunately all I'm hearing you say is "Look how bad Israel is! Look at all the bad things they are doing!". Is that your argument? Because they do bad things they shouldn't be there?

I was just hoping for more than that.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PURIFIER

My father spent time in Israel and Jordan.

The difference in attitude towards foreigners between Israelis and Arabs is like night and day. I'm not saying this applies to all Israelis, but the only ignorant people my father met during his travels were the Israelis. The Arabs welcomed him with arms wide open.

Jordanians of Palestinian descent are Jordanian since most of them have never had the chance to set foot in their homeland due to the Zionist expulsion. Now, many of them live in refugee camps.

Palestine exists, but it's almost gone.

This map says it all:

My good friend who is from there has a very sad saying that he shared with me.

"If I were to return, I would be lost, as I would not recognize my own homeland."

Compared to the people of the Middle East I have lived a sheltered life. It's a shame that so many people are unable to see the facts behind this whole situation.

I blame religion, indoctrination through education, and the media for the widespread misconception that Palestine or Palestinians never existed.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Considering my personal experience I am on the side with your father 100%. Just an example (how many of us would do THAT?): if you asked for the direction from the passerby in that town and it happen to be a few blocks away FROM the direction he was walking he would still take you by the hand, return, bring you to that place, point at it and then resume his walk! It was very embarrassing feeling (since I would just point a general direction myself). Another example: only dinars accepted in the shops and it is very hot (+40C). Sometimes you happen to lack the local currency. All the local coffee shops / restaurants have refrigerators outside in the street. I did it a few times - open the fridge, take the bottle of water, say to the owner (who you see first time in your life) that you will pay later - and he will just smile and say you are welcome! I always paid later though. I wonder if this would pass in Israel though.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
P.S. Oh forgot to add: I was kept at the border point at Egypt / Israel for 4 hours, had my luggage turned upside down - before they denied the entry ! and was even not allowed to go for a smoke! Welcome to Israel (my first and last attempt ever). I had a colleague with me who was denied entry as well (well, he drunk that night with Palestinians too - so no surprise) and he was so pissed off that he actually complained to the Israeli Embassy when we returned (I didn't bother). Usual gibberish, sorry, mistake, please try again will be no problem... Yeah, right. Keep it,
edit on 25-12-2011 by PURIFIER because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tvtexan

My sincere apologies, my title might have been a bit misleading, and it's my bad.
But I did not just point out the bad things Israel has done, but how it was formed, if you take the time to watch the video, it explains extremely well. My timeline was simply a summary of SOME events referred to in that video.

And yes, other than the fact that Israel is illegally and against all ethical principles militarily occupying Palestine, it should not exist also because of the things it has done and tries to do.
A rogue nation whose prime ministers were members of the terrorist organizations (Irgun and the like) that massacred Palestinians and destroyed villages without warning, does not declare to the world the nukes it has, ignores UN resolutions with the help of the US, kills activists and attacks humanitarian ships to Gaza, cuts off the electricity, water, blocks all incoming and out coming goods, bombs and murders innocent men, women and children of Gaza.

And wasn't Libya whose government were toppled (even though the people of that country called for it) by aid of external forces (NATO/US/UK) toppled only because the regime was awful?
Wasn't Iraq invaded because it was ruled by Saddam?

But let's keep Israel and let them torture the Palestinians because the Arabs living there have no right of self determination.

I'm glad that is the case, personally I'm a Jordanian and I've lived my entire life in Jordan; I wouldn't claim that all of us are angels, but I'm glad your father enjoyed his time here.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ghash

I own many thanks for your nation hospitality myself.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Good thread OP. It would appear though that despite there having been an Arab majority in the region for at least 1,500 years, that is ignored and the basis for the Jewish claim dates back to some Jewish people having lived there millenia before.

Using that logic, would it not be fair and right for people in England to claim land in Germany and Scandinavia? Or those of Celtic origin claiming France? Or the Turks claiming lands in Central Asia? Or Hungarians claiming a large slice of Russia?

All the examples above (and I name only a few out of the many I can call upon) are actually much younger than the claims of Jewish people to Israel.

What I am trying to say is, lands change hands, especially over such a long period and it is not fair to come back 2,000 years later and say

"Excuse me mate, this is mine, now piss off"

What's even more annoying is that many Jews alive today are not even descended from actual hebrews that lived there 2,000 years ago. Many are descended from central Asian converts, so have no basis to claim the land except some book compiled by goat-herders millenia ago.

What I never understood is why anyone felt that creating a land solely for Jews was a good idea. Why they simply didn't just create a state of Palestine where Jews, Muslims and Christians could live together. But instead, a minority from religious group was given precedent over a majority from another, to the point where they forced them off their land. Why did they feel the need to do this? Why not simply build their own homes alongside?

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

What I never understood is why anyone felt that creating a land solely for Jews was a good idea.

Well it may come as a surprise but the person you have to actually thank for this is an old, kind uncle Stalin (1947). You see, he WAS anti-Semite (do not confuse with anti- Zionist) and he wanted to get rid of Jews in the former USSR. So this is a historical fact that USSR voted for that UN resolution, the USSR satellites obviously followed (like they had a choice) and here we go - majority - State of Israel is established,

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join