It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake Watch 2012

page: 236
<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Revised (6.6 -> 6.4): 6.4 earthquake, Balleny Islands region. Oct 9 22:32 at epicenter (depth 10km).

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

You just can't trust the students to do anything right!!

Potsdam look as if they have come down to 6.5 but their location image still shows 6.6. Early days yet, early days.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

Who came down from 6.6 to 6.4? You have not linked the source.

I don't recall either USGS or EMSC going as high as that and Potsdam has not gone down to 6.4 yet.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

it was USGS had it at 6.6 at first than it came down like 5 minutes later.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Thanks. Very odd. I have no deletion recorded and no revisions.

Anyway, on another subject. Remember the prediction for Kamchatka and how the last 'warning' for a quake in July was the final one?

They just issued another:

Good Morning,

The attached Catastrophic Geophysical Event Warning Notice (CWN) from the International Earthquake and Volcano Prediction Center (IEVPC) is forwarded for your review and/or action as appropriate.

This CWN represents the latest and final warning notice for the predicted earthquake and tsunami off the Kamchatka peninsula of Russia and is highly time sensitive in view of the upgrade from the previous warning to a Stage 8 category – effectively a one-day-to-strike warning for this historically large earthquake.

The prospects for an upgraded M.8.0 to M8.8 quake and possible tsunami are also described in this CWN.

This CWN is also posted at the IEVPC web site and can be directly accessed at:
CGE Warning Notices

Personnel in the affected region described in the CWN should take actions to prepare for the predicted CGE that is now expected this week with the strongest possibility for tomorrow, Wednesday, October 10, 2012.

Sincerely,
John L. Casey
Chairman/CEO
IEVPC

The last one was for the same co-ordinates and the warning notice stated: (You can download all the pdf files from the site link above)

This is the final warning for the predicted Kamchatka earthquake and tsunami.
Stage 8, 9 and 10 CWN's will not be issued for the Kamchatka CGE. All personnel in the region of the
predicted epicenter should begin a day-to-day monitoring and preparation and be able
to react without warning to this earthquake and tsunami.

You will no doubt recall dear readers that there was a quake, but way off where they predicted, that occurred on the 14th day of the month of August in the year of our lord 2012. Actually it was only 1000km out and basically in the proximate subduction area so I would have been happy to call that an 80% success, and probably call that a day.

In the text of the warning on the pdf it says:

Stage 8: UPGRADED WARNING NOTICE. This major earthquake and possible tsunami may
strike this week with a most likely date of Wednesday, October 10, 2012. This upgrade from
the previous July 30 CGE Warning Notice is issued because of the latest highly reliable precursor
signals received over the last three days.

Keep your eyes peeled folks. These are not You Tube jockeys but scientists - you know - men in white coats guessing!

Well it will be interesting to see if this event happens. Personally I have my doubts but we do need to pack a few more mag 7s in before then end of the year to keep everyone happy.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

It is very interesting as they are scientist lol I remember you talking about that a few months ago
I will atleast give them 7 days after the 10th just to be nice.

Gotta wonder if it will be as deep as that last one if it is shouldnt be much trouble.
edit on 9-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchemuel

Originally posted by wasobservingquietly

Found the trailer for 'Promised Land':

www.imdb.com...

Looks like it should be good.
WOQ

Anybody here familiar with`the 70's tv soap Dallas? Well it's back on channel 5 here in the UK...and guess what..Bobby Ewings son Christopher is all growed up and trying to 'invent' a new way to get at gas without causing eq's!!!! Will be interesting to see where they go with this storyline.

OK, I'll go get my first brew of the day now.

Rainbows
Jane

I saw some of the new Dallas episodes. I wondered if any ATS quake people saw it?!
There was something about injecting something offshore near China too.
Was it methane maybe? Can't remember for sure.

I was intrigued by the storyline, can't wait for the new season to start here & see where they go with it too!
WOQ

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

It appears that there is a new fault system in Oklahoma. This latest earthquakes is northerly and not along the earlier trend-lines. Oklahoma must have some complex, ancient formations.
Not. It's a freakin' frackquake. It two freakin' meters away from an injection site.

ug

Sorry. I don't want anyone to think I'm exaggerating. I doubled checked. And when you look at the property lines, it's about 20 meters from the fence-line dividing the injection wells from the farmer's field to the east.

So, in essence, this Oklahoma earthquake is directly under the injections wells.

edit on 9-10-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

Had to add some info on the USGS's data from Pavillion, Wyoming.

www.businessweek.com...

summitcountyvoice.com...

Of course, the driller Encana says they didn't do it. And, I'm sure they're not evil.
Sometimes I get a little paranoid. Like there's messages in the media that are talking directly to me. For example even kid's movies seems like their telling me I'm on the right course.

I have said the oil companies are the bad guys. This must be true. I was watching a show called Fairly Odd Parents and an evil oil executives was going to drill under the town for oil. Also, in the most recent Muppet Movie, an evil oil executive was going to drill under the Muppet Museum for oil. I'm sensing a theme.

In the old days it was the railroad boss prey on widow's for their land so they could build the railway throught their property (BLAZING SADDLES). These days the villian is a greasy Chief Executive Officier of your local oil company.

I'll stop here at this sterotyping. This has been an excercise in over simplifiying. For is it not me who right at this moment is feeding these monsters. Yes. I am. For it is the truth, that most of us are.

I should go to bed. My imagination is getting to me. I swear I can see a quake in the north near Indiana. And now one kinda around Arkansas but south maybe toward Mississippi. They're small so it's nothing but me chasing my tail.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Magnitude mb 4.5
Region NORTHERN ALGERIA
Date time 2012-10-10 06:14:40.0 UTC
Location 36.90 N ; 4.43 E
Depth 2 km
Distances 125 km E Algiers (pop 1,977,663 ; local time 07:14:40.8 2012-10-10)
39 km NE Tizi wazu (pop 143,673 ; local time 07:14:40.8 2012-10-10)
14 km NE Agrib (pop 23,958 ; local time 07:14:40.8 2012-10-10)

EMSC

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I remember the old Dallas series. Always used to watch it before I was awakened.

I have not watched the television MSM Lie Generator in over three years now and don't intent to either even though I still pay my TV licence. (€160 per year and probably going up again.)

Someone will no doubt be able to tell us that the series will suddenly find that fracking does not cause any earthquakes or other problems and the 'message' will have been delivered to 'the sheeple'.

A: "Have you heard about fracking and the dangers?"

B: "Oh no fracking is safe, no problems at all. I saw it on Dallas, and they are oil and gas people so they know what they are talking about and anyway they would not put it on the telly if it was not true would they?"

A: "OK, whatever. Let me know when they tell you that depleted uranium is beneficial."

edit on 10/10/2012 by PuterMan because: why does the spell checker not check context and grammar?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think that USGS and EMSC have it wrong for Balleny Islands Mw 6.4

Potsdam have their GFZ tensor moment solution of 6.6 Mw

USGS have a WPhase Moment Solution of 6.6 Mw

The Global CMT Project Moment Tensor Solution is also 6.6 Mw.

For some strange reason the USGS Body-Wave Moment Tensor Solution is 6.3 Mw and it is quite unusual for there to be that much difference.

The USGS phase data seems to be way up the Swannee

mb = 5.6 ( 40) ML = 0.0 ( 0) mblg = 0.0 ( 0) md = 0.0 ( 0) MS = 6.2 ( 3)

A 5.6 mb is ~5.9 Mw and thus well under the figure we are talking about. A 6.2 MS is ~6.8 Mw and therefore closer to the mark. Macquarie seismo, despite being the closest, has no magnitude against it. (Swamped maybe - no not really MCQ.AU..BHZ.2012.283)

If you tot up the average of the eP mags you get 5.582 which rounded gives the 5.6 mb value. In th phases data that I access with data mining off the new event pages the values are in Mwp and the average is 6.32 based on 18 counts, so that is Mw 6.3 based on the P wave values.

This just does not seem to match up. As I noted before (some where up above this) SCARDEC also have 6.4 Mw so they at least agree.

It has not got in to the ANSS catalogue yet - probably tomorrow - and for the same reason it is not in the QED file yet.

Declining the verb 'dunno' meaning 'to not have a clue': I dunno, he dunno, we dunno, they dunno. Yup I will go with that. Will this change? I think so but not for a long time - well not in less than 7 days anyway.

I am guessing a final USGS uplift to 6.6, but possibly only to 6.5. It looks good for a 6.6 on the VHZ channel @SNZO

SNZO.IU.00.VHZ.2012.283

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
4.5 in Montreal Canada very early this am.

www.standard-freeholder.com...

It lasted just 20 seconds, but caused widespread panic as Montrealers wondered what had happened. .

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

I remember the old Dallas series. Always used to watch it before I was awakened.

I have not watched the television MSM Lie Generator in over three years now and don't intent to either even though I still pay my TV licence. (€160 per year and probably going up again.)

Someone will no doubt be able to tell us that the series will suddenly find that fracking does not cause any earthquakes or other problems and the 'message' will have been delivered to 'the sheeple'.

A: "Have you heard about fracking and the dangers?"

B: "Oh no fracking is safe, no problems at all. I saw it on Dallas, and they are oil and gas people so they know what they are talking about and anyway they would not put it on the telly if it was not true would they?"

A: "OK, whatever. Let me know when they tell you that depleted uranium is beneficial."

edit on 10/10/2012 by PuterMan because: why does the spell checker not check context and grammar?

Aha....see your wrong Puters...on 2 counts no less!
Not only are you replying to the wrong person...but Christopher is trying to develop a 'safe' way, because the place in China where he was frakking had`an earthquake due to the frakking...they even kept it at a low seismic reading....his 'conscience' has got the better of him!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
5.8 earthquake, 14km NNE of Nicoya, Costa Rica. Oct 10 06:19 at epicenter (depth 35km

2012-10-10 12:19:46 UTC
2012-10-10 06:19:46 UTC-06:00 at epicenter
2012-10-10 08:19:46 UTC-04:00 system time

Nearby Cities
13km (8mi) NE of Nicoya, Costa Rica
23km (14mi) E of Santa Cruz, Costa Rica
37km (23mi) WSW of Canas, Costa Rica
43km (27mi) S of Liberia, Costa Rica
145km (90mi) WNW of San Jose, Costa Rica

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by kennvideo

.5 difference

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 12:19:46 UTC
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 06:19:46 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones
Depth
35.6 km (22.1 miles)
Region
COSTA RICA
Distances
14 km (8 miles) NNE of Nicoya, Costa Rica
21 km (13 miles) E of Santa Cruz, Costa Rica
37 km (22 miles) WSW of Canas, Costa Rica
41 km (25 miles) S of Liberia, Costa Rica
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 17.9 km (11.1 miles); depth +/- 4.2 km (2.6 miles)
Parameters
NST=448, Nph=508, Dmin=46.8 km, Rmss=1.29 sec, Gp= 79°,
M-type=teleseismic moment magnitude (Mw), Version=9
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb000d3su

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

you believe the crap they try and get us to believe...

North Texas Quakes Flukes

yet another site says this

Dallas EQ caused by Fracking lol
edit on 10-10-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.
Magnitude
Date-Time
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 16:56:34 UTC
Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 08:26:34 PM at epicenter
Depth
15.8 km (9.8 miles)
Region
SOUTHERN IRAN
Distances
33 km (20 miles) S (183°) from Shiraz, Iran
171 km (106 miles) ENE (76°) from Bushehr, Iran
303 km (188 miles) W (268°) from Sirjan, Iran
396 km (246 miles) NNE (28°) from MANAMA, Bahrain
Location Uncertainty
horizontal +/- 13.8 km (8.6 miles); depth +/- 6 km (3.7 miles)
Parameters
NST=168, Nph=173, Dmin=606.7 km, Rmss=0.81 sec, Gp= 32°,
M-type=body wave magnitude (Mb), Version=6
Source
Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)
Event ID
usb000d3w8

Source

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lurksoften

Boy, that's a strange website!
An overlay of text & photos on other text?
Or is it just my computer?

Anyhoo....I thought it was interesting to note....
They are having quakes & fish die offs!
And they claim it wasn't from the spraying for West Nile!
But it was from hot weather &/or flash flooding???!!
Even though people who live there have never seen die offs like that before!!

Nothing to see here folks, move along...........
WOQ

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I think its an advertisement you have to close before reading the article? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 233  234  235    237  238  239 >>

join