It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One person should only be so rich.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Too much money is trickling up and too little is trickling down, thus it is a top-heavy system, which will eventually capsize.

Like a top-heavy cruise ship hit by a 60 foot rogue wave on its side.....

It is getting so bad that even a 20 foot wave will capsize the global economy.

Too many ingnorant people are being controlled by greedy-selfish leaders!!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Trickle down in economics was always crap, give a poor man more money and he will spend to get him and his family: if he has any: a better life, give a rich man more money and he invests more: therefore the money to the poor trickles up and also generally aids an economy, the rich mans money helps no one, not even himself.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
America made their respective bed when they started to dump their excess slave labor force that did the menial manual labor for cheaper slaves over seas . So America has all these people that they found very useful from the beginning , black , white , brown or red to do it and when the out put was increased by machines that replaced the workers . Add more to the excess baggage pile .

It piles up then , thats the start of the next phasing out .

Begins with more part time shifts . Sure they put more people back to work in some degree but their thought was cutting the over head with benefits paid out . Look no further than the big chain stores in North America . When a new chain store opens up you have all the cash tills filled with staff from other stores working overtime to buy the stuff they want .

We have all seen it North America , when after a few days of opening you cannot find anyone to assist you . Walmart , Home Depot , Lowes and the grocery stores also jumped on that band wagon . A part time fork force that the wealthy created , it works for them . Is it an up grade or down grade ?

Further over head cuts when the wealthy decide that you can work from home , no need for the office building any more . No infrastructure jobs in cities , you have empty office buildings that the wealthy are left with that they try to dump on the real estate market . Build newer office buildings to fill with more part time office workers for companies that cannot or do not make it very long .

It hits the wealthy back hard and they become like the rest of the excess baggage they created . It implodes eventually , any short term stop gaps are useless from the feds . Create a new war to get the economy going again by taking over another country . For what ? An even cheaper work force to replace the others that were also dumped on the roadside . Somethings never change from the mentality of the wealthy .

Like the moron earlier in the thread eluded to , was to cull the herd . Well missy , culling the herd of the flood from more analysts in the market may soon come to fruition . Then the wealthy can harvest all the body parts and complain that the specimens are of poor quality because YOU didn't bother with maintaining their well being .

You reap what you sew . Online education from programmed instructors may also be next , no need for the actual higher education buildings . Social structures fail from the lack of interaction between the students , sure you may then use an excuse that the shooting rate has gone down as a result . Sticking them all in their own cubicle but at another way to cut over head of the wealthy ? If you do not have the money to pay for the courses then no one attends and thus you have yet another that fails .

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...(film)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Observor

Okay put it this way.................

Let's say you are a billionaire and your nine year old son needed a heart, lung or kidney.............you could get one for him easy and fast.

Let's say you are poor and you have a nine year old son or daughter that needed a heart, lung or kidney. You would be put on a waiting list, a long one and probably before your son or daughter received one you would be burying them.

If there are fewer donors than those needing them, some will not receive the organs they need and will end up dead. So you feel thrilled when burying your child if you know that some rich guy too is burying his? Yeah, I understand your concept of "justice".

Or if your son or daughter didn't need one and was healthy, and you were not one of the 1% and didn't keep a close enough eye on your child they might end up "disappearing".

That can happen even if you delink wealth from the equation. Psychopaths willing to kidnap and harvest organs and psychopaths willing to buy such exist at all prices.

Scary, yes..................true justice, true equality for all is scary to some.

Yes, psychopaths, megalomaniacs and those who cannot find ways of bettering their lives and demand everyone else be brought down to their level are scary regardless of what terms they use to describe their behaviour.

And no I am not saying a heart surgeon should make the same as a janitor but our actors and singers are not worth the billions and tens of billions they have made.

Not sure why you or anyone else should decide what the "worth" of the actors and singers is. They made their wealth from those willing to pay them for what they do. If you don't consider them "worthy" don't watch their shows/movies or buy their records or otherwise contribute to their wealth.

Read the article below: Most ATSers think this greed is just fine and dandy........so be it. Bunch of slaves.

Source of article www.dancewithshadows.com...

It is none of my business what they do with their money nor what you do with yours. If you want to gossip about it and judge them, feel free. If you disapprove of their lifestyles, so be it.

Unless you think everyone in the world/country should do only those things that you approve of (in which case, I won't waste my time even bothering to converse with you), not sure why your disapproval of their life styles is supposed to somehow justify what that creep in the video was proposing and I was commenting on.

ETA: Does your system of "justice" also include a "queue" system for who a woman/man should go to bed with? After all, there are many women/men who are desired by many but spurn most of them. Isn't it "unjust" that somebody desiring to go to bed with a popular model/movie star, doesn't get his/her "due"?
edit on 26-12-2011 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
put a salary cap on the world lol. i dont believe that any person should ever be able to earn more than a million a year. Like in all reality no single person needs more cash than that. Everything beyond that is just plain 'ol greed. And greed is why todays economy is so screwed.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
Actually sir I disagree respectfully with your opinion....

Please carefully reread my post and remove your emotions...

First all I earn is mine to keep and spend as I see fit...

Second have you ever considered how people become "Experts" in there field... Well... bet you haven't.... Well let me do your homework for you so you can argue your case better... It takes roughly 10000 hours in your chosen field to become an expert...

as for the different specialties required for each of the areas I mentioned... well its probably why people like you would end up working for people like me...

Why would you demand servitude from another in order to share that knowledge?

Yes, you should be in charge. However, while you are teaching, the student is working equally as hard to learn. You are both doing an equal service to mankind by passing on knowledge.

Don't you know you are going to die? Don't you know how temporary you are?

Personally, I want to stop the foolish arguing and work on figuring out how to preserve our life here. I want to learn how to reach the sky. I want to go far beyond this rock we call earth.

We have everything we need to do it if we would just come together.

A brother does not leave a brother stranded in the ditch!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason

I LOVE MY CASH, MY BUSINESS and MY THINGS IN LIFE!

I just...wow that was funny. It's like when my son has a little fit lol.

I wish you all the best in your quest for more stuff though. if stuff it what makes you happy then so be it.

As to the OP: I think the solution is not a wealth cap. The solution is an entirely new way of being. We need a resource based economy, not one based in fiat currency.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

You are arguing governmental wealth, not individual wealth.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic

You are arguing governmental wealth, not individual wealth.

First of all, the government should be an extension of the people and corporations. It should be considered the "board of directors" of a nation if you will.

When a few people hoarde the world's wealth and resources, that means others(including the government) starve. When the government starves it has to borrow money from private bankers, which means we have to pay more and more interest on loaned money as our credit decreases. One solution is lower spending. Another solution is to raise taxes. A better solution is to do both at once. And the absolute best is to go back to the greenbacks.

The government does not own any money initially circulated. It raises money via taxation, so if some do not pay enough taxes that means money is leaving our nation and being invested elsewhere or just parked in some trust fund, shell company, etc. Loopholes and tax havens exist for the wealthy who can afford the best legal advice.

I respectfully say either a)you have no idea what you are talking about or b)you are full of #!

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED . The wealthy are being judged like they never have been before and they cannot stand for such insolent behavior . Is this that Rapture some have been talking of , removing of the false prophets that sit in their ivory towers .

Fits the bill , time to pay the piper . They have sodomized the masses with the glamour they elude as holier than thou .

en.wikipedia.org...

History is repeating itself isn't it ? No myth anymore as can be argued by some .

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Starred, wow someone else understands and sees through all the lies

Yes the money is now trickling over to India and China where the big $hit CEO's are sending their companies leaving Americans jobless.

But people won't agree or realize until they get their pink slip and pretty soon most of us will no longer be middle class working Americans.............but so many people just don't get it.

America will end up having two classes......................99% will be lower to poverty level (slaves) and 1% will be the super rich.

But hey, those that have blasted my observations won't get it until the brown stuff hits their fan..........so be it.

Good post.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

No, wrong individual wealth.

America is broke..........we owe China big time and if China comes and rings our door bell to collect we may find ourselves learning Chinese.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Everything beyond that is just plain 'ol greed. And greed is why todays economy is so screwed.

Another star reply..................your eyes are wide open not shut.

Greed will be the downfall and possible destruction of our species.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The kids physically look adorable but act very spoiled and bratty.

They ought to make good CEO's when they grow up.

While I would never hit my three sons, I would not have teased them or encouraged them to throw tantrums like that.

And mom in the background smiling sends a message that throwing a fit is cute............good luck, you folks are going to need it.
edit on 26-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Those people calling that we need rich because they invest are pathetic and have no clue.

Guess what rich people are sitting on more money than ever and corporations have record profits ever and there is no economic progress.

Not that i would believe in consumerism wasteful economy as progress anyhow !!!!!!!!!!
edit on 26-12-2011 by shogu666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Harry Potter was a lovely story my friend, but writing a story is no reason for ONE person to have an Empire while another starves on a planet given to us all. You may think this is justice, but that starving child will one day grow to cut your throat for his own survival.

First, who "gave" us this planet? Second, from reading your post I feel a desire to project a noble sense of purpose. But, killing someone (i.e. cutting a throat) is not conveying it properly.
What is the other way you speak of? If you read my earlier post you would see the sense in it. We cannot make demands that infringe on another. We can only entreat them to be kind in their dealings. If they choose not to we can simply exclude them. But, that means an entire change in our society's way of thinking.

Signing your posts

With Love,
Your Brother

Does not make you likable. And, neither is it true. I have read your posts and sometimes you write as if speaking to a child. You want to fix the world? Make it better? Start with yourself and find tolerance for those that have not traveled down the road as far as you may have. Show love by not just typing it.

edit on 27-12-2011 by Sagittarian69 because: stuff

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sagittarian69

Harry Potter was a lovely story my friend, but writing a story is no reason for ONE person to have an Empire while another starves on a planet given to us all. You may think this is justice, but that starving child will one day grow to cut your throat for his own survival.

First, who "gave" us this planet?

I cannot say what you first beheld in this world, but for me, all that I came to know became mine.

I won't fight you for it. You can have it. I have been trying to give it to you since I came on this forum. What do I have to do to prove I do not want it? Do I have to die for you?

Second, from reading your post I feel a desire to project a noble sense of purpose. But, killing someone (i.e. cutting a throat) is not conveying it properly.

Why do you judge my light? If your's is better, go shine it. I never said I was better than you. Just that none are better than me, nor lower.

What is the other way you speak of? If you read my earlier post you would see the sense in it. We cannot make demands that infringe on another. We can only entreat them to be kind in their dealings. If they choose not to we can simply exclude them. But, that means an entire change in our society's way of thinking.

Where have I made demands on anyone? I have only told the truth. Who are you to judge my truth?

Do you want me to judge yours?

Signing your posts

With Love,
Your Brother

Does not make you likable.

Few actually like the truth.

And, neither is it true.

Try me. I have put myself out here to be tried. Either try me or go be tried yourself.

I have read your posts and sometimes you write as if speaking to a child.

I said be like children when I come.

You want to fix the world? Make it better? Start with yourself and find tolerance for those that have not traveled down the road as far as you may have. Show love by not just typing it.

I am not working for YOU. I build for that which is higher than you. Take it to him if you do not like my work.

I came to finish this story so that we might write new chapters.

By God I will!

The scriptures say how it will be finished, not you.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised
The Devil.

also has a place in Tarot. It is the 13th symbol and it is represented as the Tower....

the Tower always falls and everything breaks down eventually to leave only the truth standing.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
No you dont stop running it for free. You take up a cause rather than squandering it. You reached a level of wealth that will maintiain a minimum of three generations spread out with proper management. Knowing you have secured the future of your children's cchildren, you focus that surplus wealth into TODAYS NEEDY. You could actually sponsor entire villages in the most disparate lands while tapping into only 2% of your wealth. Might make for interesting vacation resorts?

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by s12345

Hmm let's put your theory into another perspective, a hypothetical if you will...

You are an Olympic runner and are in the top 1%, you got to that 1% by training non stop every day since you can remember, you've sacrificed a lot to get where you are, to be the best you can be.

Now, someone decides that things need to be "fairer" for everyone, so a cap is put in place and you are not allowed to run faster than this cap.

You've sacrificed many things and spent a lifetime to be the best and now you're being told you can't go out there and be the best you can be because it's not "fair"

Does that sound right?

Would it be right to tell Usain Bolt that he can't go out and run under 10 seconds?

This is exactly what you are proposing by capping peoples wealth.

I think that is a load of Bull... People do things because of passion, every SINGLE musician you
ever admired, worked for FREE, without pay because of love and drive, no guarantee. The world has millions
of musicians, artists and creators who will continue on, pushing themselves, never making a dime
for their efforts. Your equation in not in line with what I have seen my entire life, all it is is a tidy
example that sounds plausible.

You do realize that the top eight wealthiest folks in the US have more than your entire nation?

Do you comprehend what kind of power that grants those people over the entire world?
When we are all beggars, at least we can marvel at our masters...

edit on 27-12-2011 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join