It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Two Witnesses"...Can They be Identified?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
in my opinion the olive trees represent two gorverments and two candles represent two religions,and yes there is plenty of bodies to fall on the streets as it says.do we not use olive branches on currency?do we not use candles in ceremonies? seems to fit the bill of thw two witnesses.im not saying it is ,it just fits the bill.and the descriptions of there power and might fit to the tee.
edit on 23-12-2011 by bumpufirst because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Two is the number of division. It is a symbol of polarity. Two is the number of balance and also the number of conflict. The number two is often recognized as the number of the first woman, Eve. There is also the significance within the Tarot, the number two card is the high priestess, underlining the famale "yin" nature of the number itself.

Olive tress are sacred in many beliefs. They are symbols of light. In the Islamic faith, it is said, that on the leaves of the olive tree all the names of God are written.

These witnesses have been anoited by the creator himself. I am not convinced that they are even aware of their importance. I am also not so convinced that these beings will be in the limelight as of yet, or ever, they are beacons of pure light, surely the darkness would be attracted to the perfect light, trying to extinguish the last light of humanity. They are cloaked as well as their abilities until the time is right.

PLPL

edit on 23-12-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by Threegirls

Two is the number of division. It is a symbol of polarity. Two is the number of balance and also the number of conflict. The number two is often recognized as the number of the first woman, Eve. There is also the significance within the Tarot, the number two card is the high priestess, underlining the famale "yin" nature of the number itself.

PLPL

edit on 23-12-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

Really do give you and some others respect for inserting, at evey opportunity, the female theme.

However the number two is the legal number of adequate witness required by the Mosaic law. Thats all that means as far a the number two.

As far as their gender you can rest assured they will be men. This idea that one would be a woman has more to do with some justification of a mystic quality that many these days are attaching to the feminine than it does anything. I point to among other things the way a thread like this is inundated with a spirit of jealousy over the idea that the witnesses would be two men. This spirit is right on the edge of demanding that one should be a woman.

Remember this bible students, as in the days of Elisha, it was a woman that resisted him. A very high powered corrupt witch. It was the spirit of this feminine that represented Isarels state of corruption in that day. So it will be when these two witnesses come, they will be resisted.
edit on 23-12-2011 by Logarock because: se

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It could represent two countries not actual people aswell, Sodom and Egypt maybe people are being raped behind closed doors to the rest of the unsuspecting world or harrassed.

In Egypt, 80% of women are sexually harassed. Two-thirds of men admit assaulting women: And we in the West are depraved…?!
Text

gal.darkervision.com... st-are-the-ones-who-are-depraved/
news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Negative they can only be witnessed. Just as they can only witness everybody else.

Just like we all can only ultimately witness things...People are making a big deal about nothing...Or at least nothing they can understand.

Go back to sleep op, your reading to much into things.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

There is always the Mosaic Law, half of the Christians honor it while the others...look away. So I guess it would depend on the belief of the individual themselves. There are many contradictions within the bible regarding laws including this one in particular. Wether or not the "two witnesses" are male or female is of no importance, the magnitude of their purpose is.

And just so you are aware alot of the "mysticism" surrounding the number 2 dates back farther then the bible itself. It is when you put it all together that you see the big picture.

PLPL

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The two witnesses are real people. And May 25th, 2012 marks the end of their 1260 days. I've been waiting patiently for 3 years now... believe it or not. And it was one man and one woman.
edit on 23-12-2011 by isitoveryet because: update

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

In this binary universe, in this binary world, we have a binary soul and mind, a reflection of that is man and woman.

But there is more to the picture then meets the eye, because were there are two there will eventually be a third, and so on.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

It's past time females stopped being so lazy and started taking more accountability for themselves in all things in all countries, all across the board and world. But after that is all said and done, witness that there will always be more left said, then done. But it must be said anyways, and it must be done eventually.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by isitoveryet

Really what are there names then, if you so know there days?

Or better a better question would be. What are they witnessing? Or what are we supposed to be witnessing, and why? And why should we care?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
First never take a single verse from the Bible and attempt to use it as direction, understanding, or instruction.

This is the method many are lead astray by.

The Two Witness :

The Revelation of Jesus Christ given to John the Devine, Chapter 11, verses 3 through 13

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

But a day to God is a thousand years. So that is 123,000.00
edit on 23-12-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Or better a better question would be. What are they witnessing? Or what are we supposed to be witnessing, and why? And why should we care?

there were no names asked or given. They already witnessed what needed to be seen. I have no idea what you are suppose to be witnessing, or what will happen around that time frame. you probably shouldnt care. there is no reason for you to care. as you can not change what has already been done.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

First never take a single verse from the Bible and attempt to use it as direction, understanding, or instruction.

The Two Witness :

The Revelation of Jesus Christ given to John the Devine, Chapter 11, verses 3 through 13

3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

a day to god is of a thousand years, and a thousand years is as of one day. that passage simply means that time does not exist to god. it doesnt matter.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The Two Witness :

also threescore days = 60 days...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
There seems to be so many conflicting opinions on the prophecy of the "two witnesses". Some people think that this is still to be a future event. Some people say that the two witnesses are the old testament and the new testament. No one ever speaks about this particular passage (quoted below), and I wonder why. Could it be that it is an inconvenient truth?

Revelation 11 speaks about the two witnesses:

And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Make merry? Send gifts to one another? Hmm....what festivity does that sound like?

Could it be that the Mas in Christmas really implies massacre? Could it be that people are actually celebrating the slaughter of an innocent man because he told inconvenient truths and made the politicians and religionists of his day insecure in their deceits?

edit on 23-12-2011 by Alethea because: spelling

Well, i heard one interesting theory from SuperiorEd and it coul be a possibility, the 2 witnesses could metaphorically be the U.S. and Israel because the entire world hates both of us and would probably cheer and make merry and send eachother gifts if we were destroyed and this upcoming WWIII will make that a very good possibility.

I think the 2 witnesses of God are the old and new testaments because it fits better than any other theory i have heard of except the 2 witnesses being Enoch and Elijah, the only 2 men who never tasted of death in history and it has been written that it is appointed once for man to die and then the judgement but these 2 have never died. If they return to be the 2 witnesses then they will get their chance to die and be resurrected 3 days later. This theory is even more plausible because scripture supports it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by isitoveryet

The Two Witness :

a day to god is of a thousand years, and a thousand years is as of one day. that passage simply means that time does not exist to god. it doesnt matter.

A lot of people believe otherwise so it may be an interesting idea to some. 1260000

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Ultimately, if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your GOD, Lord and Saviour, confessed your sinful life and asked for forgiveness and have lived a life of faith, love and hope in Jesus - then it really doesn't matter who they are - because we are saved through Jesus - no matter what happens.

1 Thessalonians

14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
BUT of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. 4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. 6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. 8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ, 10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The names that they will be using are not known but they were formerly Enoch/Moses and Elijah/John - these are the two lampstands/olive trees before the throne of God.
They will be preaching during the whole of the Tribulation, outside the rebuilt Temple, while the Abomination of Desolation/Antichrist stands in it and the gentiles/pagans trample the courtyard outside.
The times given in the Bible are three and a half years, is also 42 months, or 1,260 days and this works out to exactly 180 weeks [based on the prophetic year of 360 days], which is the time given for the Tribulation period and shows these exact same times and events are linked.
The Two Witnesses will be warning the world of the deception by the Antichrist who appears to be 'Jesus Christ at his second coming' but who isn't.
And you should care, because your eternal future depends on it and on where you will spend that time!

edit on 23/12/2011 by Maigret because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What about the make war on them part? th battle surely would not be one sided if they will be able to pull off miraculous weather and earthquakes etc....
I gather they will be killed and be seen to be lying in the streets three days......thanks to CNN no doubt......
Does this mean their followers too?
How else would there be a war without both sides taking KIAs?
Maybe Jerusalem will be choked with dead bodies like Fallujah......Both Jews and Chistians killed in the defence of the city and the prophets....right before the anti christ does the desolation thing.....
I gather that the way the old temple is positioned if one were to rebuild it now, it would fit right next to the dome of the rock if you left off the porch.....
At least that theory had a following at one time....
It certainly fits with the scriptue very aptly...about the measuring the temple but not the porch part....
Thats exactly where the dome of the rock sits.....

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Negative they can only be witnessed. Just as they can only witness everybody else.

They are called witnesses because they have seen everything and they will come back and testify about it. They will back their words up with powerfull demonstrations akin to those that people witnesses in the days Moses and Elijah. So much so in fact that people will say "are not these men Elijah and Moses"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join