It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why never any radio contact from ET...I'll tell you.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Been thinking about this a little recently and I have a few idea's as to why we haven't received any radio comms from ET as yet.

However for the sake of completeness, I'll touch on a few of the "well known reasons" first of all...

1. Obviously the first conclusion is, there aren't any ET at all! Secondly that are not advanced enough to have radio (we could be the most advanced species in the Universe, who knows)

2. Thier radio signals havent got to us yet. Lets face it the universe is VAST, and radio travels at lightspeed best case, usually a little slower.

3. We havent yet looked at the right part of the sky with the right frequency. Again, possible, lots of sky to look at a tiny chunk at a time, and many possible frequencies.

Personally, I think the above are all likely not the reason why we haven't "heard" anything yet, we may get lucky one day, but I doubt very much that any signal in radio will come from a more advanced being, and I doubt we will ever pick one up. Let me tell you why....

1. Radio is tuned for analogue signals, and the natural universe is full of them. We, until recently, we predominatly using analogue, but pretty much all of our comms is now moving to digital. Within 100 years, analogue has become virtually extinct as a carrier of communications, and used only as a "fall back". Advanced ET would most certainly use digital!

2. If you wanted to communicate with other members of your advanced race over a great distance, would you send it clear text? Of course not, you would encrypt it, just incase any pesky low grade civilizations happen to intercept it. Encrypted digital signals look very much like noise, high entropy signals! Plus without the cypher or key, will not be able to be decrypted anyway (imagine the potential complexity of thier algorithms) even if you did stumble upon it.

3. Packet data.....think how the internet works...and if you dont know, all the content that you see on this page, including my post, has been sent in many small packets. Each packet has likely taken a slightly different route to your PC, and all the packets have arrived at slightly different times, not in sequence, and then re-assembled by your PC. This has many benefits, and I would imagine that advanced ET would possibly do something similar in nature. So even if you do pick up a noisey looking, digital, encrypted signal, you wouldnt have all of the message anyway.

4. Advanced ET probably wont use radio, either digital or analogue. Its too slow, especially if you are intergalactic species. I propose that they have found a way to take advantage of entaglement in quantum theory.

Particles that are entangled can be ANY distance apart, and a change to one of the tangled particles instantly propagates to the other entangled particles. Think about that, and you have instant, communication across the Universe no matter the distance. Principally, one end of the communication would vibrate/change state of thier particle, probably digitally. One vibration of the particle for 0, and another for 1. Do this rapidly.

The receiving end's particle instantly produces the same vibrations, in sequence, as the "transmitting" particle, which advanced ET will be able to pick up and decode the message.

And thats why theres no radio contact from advanced ET

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

Or because they are here and have been for a long time...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
heh ok, there's "that one"

But honestly, despite the boy in me wanting that to be so, I have as yet, seen no real evidence at all that even gets close to proving that they are here, or have been visiting us recently.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
Been thinking about this a little recently and I have a few idea's as to why we haven't received any radio comms from ET as yet.

You have, but you guys thought it was Turkish pilots

They also criticized many of the Turkish pilots for being so bad at English, that it is a security problem because they have difficulty communicating and understanding the instructions from air traffic control and therefore make mistakes

www.godlikeproductions.com...

www.siotw.org...

edit on 22-12-2011 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Lol well this has been done a million times.
evidence is there people just need to think outside of this box we have been in our entire lives :3 good theories though.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
if you live in new york, and you turn on your radio, do you get stations from st. louis, or even buffalo for that matter. not likely.

radio waves lose their intensity and strength over distance and some over a few miles. how are they supposed to transverse the galaxy.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
maybe....
they came here riding the moon ship, they terraformed the earth using it, at a certain point in the relatively not too distant past they destroyed themselves almost completely, then they "evolved" back, they are hiding amongst us and within us all, slowly regaining control.

probably.

youve seen no evidence? ive seen tons of it.. im just not entirely sure how to piece it all together.

every time you hear something crazy, dont toss the baby out with the bathwater, everything has some gem of truth hidden within.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
if you live in new york, and you turn on your radio, do you get stations from st. louis, or even buffalo for that matter. not likely.

radio waves lose their intensity and strength over distance and some over a few miles. how are they supposed to transverse the galaxy.

uhh... that depends... is the space between new york and st louis a vacuum?

do you think maybe there might be a difference in how the waves behave in the vacuum of space?

not sure, but.. im guessing there are a few differences...

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I will tell you why we have not publicly picked up any broadcast emmisions from other civilizations as of yet.

1. Our recieving tech. is both very primative and not sensitive as well as too small of an array with current tech. to detect anything.

2. We are pointing our arrays at stars that might have planets with intelligent life in possitions where they were proportionate to the quantity of lightyears distant thus time distant and those stars and planets are not in that possition anymore....we view a star 75 light years away....as it was 75 years ago.

3. Even if we look at just the local group of possible planets with a star similar to ours....what is the age and evolutionary development level at? We could be listening for a signal from a planet that is in a state similar to Earth was in the Jurrasic Era.

4. Time Dialation....even radio signals experience a Time Dialation effect thus a complex set of variables puts constraints on our tracking as our ability to listen is constrained to our tech.

5. Even if we had an Advanced Alien Race living within 50 lightyears to our Planet....they would no longer be using Radio as a system of communication...too slow to be of any use....plus....their ancient broadcasts perhaps of an equivelent to an Alien I Love Lucy....have come and gone EONS ago. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Great post OP. You know though, I wonder if our physics are different than say....someone from a far away galaxy or maybe in a different dimension. The subject is all interpreted from the human perspective by your account. Do we really think we know everything? We don't I'm sure. Heck, a hundred years ago we were still making candles for light.

I'm certain that if there are advanced species....they have a different modality of communication.

Great post again OP! Your making the wheels spinning.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I agree . More I have always felt is was within quantum mechanics. Entanglement wins hands down . Mind you with that kind of superiority I am sure they can receive and transmit in any frequencies. If by chance there was an interception of our signal I highly doubt they would want to involve themselves with a planet of beings who still throw crap at each other.

Also I suspect the government would hold on to that information for a little bit

Well thought out thread . S+F
edit on 22/12/11 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They could be millions of years ahead of us. You missed the obvious:: that they dont "use radio-waves" for communicating. Thats YOUR understanding and technology and very limited.

Youre assuming they have to communicate on our ancient level...but its all you have to compare to. Not your fault...but widely un-realistic.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
radio (in the technical sense) is a dying form of communication here on earth...Why would an advanced race be stuck in the 1950's?.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
The E.T. theories go so far that I have no belief in them anymore. I myself have come to the conclusion that we are the most intelligent species and that if there was any other life in space that the chance would be one/gaxillion and that life would be in it's infancy. To think that even through God or Science a species like us or even greater/smarter than us would actually be somewhere out there is like thinking that any event can happen twice exactly the same from the way it occurred to the final outcome. It's funny how irrational people even make E.T. theories, like they created us out of their own genetics to mine minerals for them from this planet, or that they infiltrated our human race and aliens now live with us, in us, controlling our governments awaiting the right moment to initiated their master plan and kill all human beings.

Earth is the only planet with intelligent life, we have a creator, and he isn't an alien.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneEleven
radio (in the technical sense) is a dying form of communication here on earth...Why would an advanced race be stuck in the 1950's?.

Think about it, if we were an advanced civilization would we not ALSO want to use a primitive form of communication like radio waves (as we once did ) to contact other less advanced civilizations?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Do you have a cell phone?--->(it's a Radio!)Around 800-900Mhz.Yep, cell towers are antennas!
Even your "wired" phone most likely has a microwave relay link, unless your talking to another "wired phone" across town.(rare these days)
Watch tv? Cable or Satellite? The Cable company gets most of its its feeds from satellites.(again radio)
Blue tooth--->(radio)
On-star or GPS--->(RADIO)
Most people are now oblivious to the forms of radio they use and enjoy every day.
Most of these are in a slightly higher portion
of the radio spectrum, but still radio none the less.
They used to call it "wireless". It means radio.
Radio is still the number one means of communication in the world, by far!
Far from dying here on earth!!!
Think about that next time you use your cell phone.

I suspect that any visiting species might have evolved a form of brain wave communication (telepathy) to communicate....oh....but even that is a form of radio. Human brains produce very low frequency "radio" waves. That is how an EEG works.It receives the signals our brains transmit.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

In theory....since all quantum particles both exist and non-exist in a quasi state of entanglement....it may be possible...and this associates itself to true psychic abilities such as those used in law enforcement....the human brains element sub-particles may be able to pierce through the boundries of multiple divergent Universal States.

Thus....possible communication with a highly developed mind. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by fuserleer
heh ok, there's "that one"

But honestly, despite the boy in me wanting that to be so, I have as yet, seen no real evidence at all that even gets close to proving that they are here, or have been visiting us recently.

I'd say you haven't been looking very hard.

Ever hear of the Disclosure Project?

But I'm posting this comment because your title reminded me of an old contact story that I wanted to point you to.

galactic.no...

This particular contact was from "Planet Koldas" and it used a radio set!

So there you go.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Zeptepi

In theory....since all quantum particles both exist and non-exist in a quasi state of entanglement....it may be possible...and this associates itself to true psychic abilities such as those used in law enforcement....the human brains element sub-particles may be able to pierce through the boundries of multiple divergent Universal States.

Thus....possible communication with a highly developed mind. Split Infinity

Yes, That would be very cool!
And apparently (due to entanglement) faster than the speed of light! I wish this evolution thing would hurry up....this radio thing is so yesterday!
Cheers!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I think it's because the aliens are too much like us, meaning they pour billions and billions into weapons spending to fight among themselves while spending a much smaller amount on space travel, science and technology that doesn't blow up. Also their population is a bunch of drooling idiots basked in the glow of their extraterrestrial smartphones too busy updating their social networking status to care about whether there's life elsewhere in the Universe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join