It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why never any radio contact from ET...I'll tell you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Zeptepi

LOL! Yeah! Radio would be a poor way to communicate over vast distances....never mind the fact that you would have to calculate a star systems planets position because it would be moving around the galactic center.
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by fuserleer

1. Radio is tuned for analogue signals, and the natural universe is full of them. We, until recently, we predominatly using analogue, but pretty much all of our comms is now moving to digital. Within 100 years, analogue has become virtually extinct as a carrier of communications, and used only as a "fall back". Advanced ET would most certainly use digital! 2. If you wanted to communicate with other members of your advanced race over a great distance, would you send it clear text? Of course not, you would encrypt it, just incase any pesky low grade civilizations happen to intercept it. Encrypted digital signals look very much like noise, high entropy signals! Plus without the cypher or key, will not be able to be decrypted anyway (imagine the potential complexity of thier algorithms) even if you did stumble upon it. 3. Packet data.....think how the internet works...and if you dont know, all the content that you see on this page, including my post, has been sent in many small packets. Each packet has likely taken a slightly different route to your PC, and all the packets have arrived at slightly different times, not in sequence, and then re-assembled by your PC. This has many benefits, and I would imagine that advanced ET would possibly do something similar in nature. So even if you do pick up a noisey looking, digital, encrypted signal, you wouldnt have all of the message anyway.

Analog or digital, ALL radio transmission is fundamentally an analog process. The carrier, broadcast frequency and broadband component are all based in the analog realm. The same goes for packet switching on an ethernet or broadband circuit, there is always the analog base that carries it. Digital information is just piggy backed (modulated) on to these analog signals.

The analog component has to multiplex with any signals impressed on it's fundamentals, so analog or digital information, however received would show that a non-random, intelligent source was behind it. Deciphering it would obviously be the real challenge.

In physics of it, its all really heat anyway!

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

4. Advanced ET probably wont use radio, either digital or analogue. Its too slow, especially if you are intergalactic species. I propose that they have found a way to take advantage of entaglement in quantum theory.

I definitely agree with this. There is know way that an intelligent species would use....RADIO to communicate in space! I believe that they are using in some way or form the quantum entanglement theory. Maybe a neutrino radio? Who knows... I also think that any civilization that broadcast's into space would only last so long as it would be decayed and garbled from other natural interference, but it may be that a small slice or blurb gets to us... before their civilization switched over to a new type of communication that is based off entanglement at which point their radio transmissions would cease.
edit on 23-12-2011 by R3KR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I watched a video a Nassim Harramien lecture where he answers this and demonstrates they have contacted us through crop circles.
youtube

It's a four hour video so skip to 1:56:00 or 2:15:00.

spend a few minutes watching its interesting...
edit on 23-12-2011 by type0civ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

You mentioned that ET would use a technology based on quantummechanics... Why does SETI not understand that listening to analog signals will not help them in anyway. I mean, isn't it a simple conclusion to reach that ET would use something more exotic for communication than what "we" think is the intergalactic standard? And I was always assuming that there are bright scientist working at SETI.

Therefore this guy Seth Shostak at SETI gives me an uncomfortable feel when I hear him talk about ET and their methods of finding any signal comming from them. He is either super ignorant, an infiltrator to keep the entire SETI organisation from finding succes( ....for some reason....)or he just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Maybe Seth should become a member of ATS and beside opening up his mind also open up some interesting threads about the relation between Earth and ET.

edit on 23/12/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I once read about this someplace (can't remember where) but the calcs said that the window for a civilisation sending radio messages (after being on a rock that sprung life, that was the right distance from the right type of sun and they'd evolved, got intelligent, got organised, hadn't blown themselves up, etc etc) was pretty small and the chances of another species receiving radio messages (after being on a rock that sprung life, that was the right distance from the right type of sun and they'd evolved, got intelligent, got organised, hadn't blown themselves up, etc etc) at near as dammit the same time was very,very,very small.

If the civilisations were say 100 light years apart and say 100 years out technologically then you're basically going to miss that call.

If you're just talkng about em leakage (TV etc) then once you get out a few light years, the signal is so mixed in with the background noise that dragging it out and understanding that it is a signal is pretty tough.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My speculation on this topic--- Any advanced race that has the capability of interstellar travel, would maintain absolute radio silence; on beings such as ourselves. I would tend to assume, that these ET's that visit our planet are millions of years advanced in evolution than the present day Earthling. So I believe, that they use instant interstellar communication, with the use of some form of mental telepathy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I want to write you about something this morning that happened to me. Before I had much less of an interest in aliens but more of a small notion that the government was covering something up, I had a dream that an alien abductee was brought to me, and in real life she was brought to me by a magician, then I had the dream, then she uncovered a very true story of telling not a soul about, it wasn't like what you would think but more of a classic case like one Leo Sprinkle or Budd Hopkins would have received. A book was later written about how aliens were orchestrating relationships through magicians. I know from my experience that I was more or less obsessed, and the way it ended brought me to feel something that not many feel. If an alien race from another planet was here we would fail to think that they would not physically invade our towns but invade the minds of individuals, when doing this they can experience things that do not exist in their world, some of these things have to do with sex because they do not have sex on their world.

She is the type the aliens like - Celtic and Native American, beautiful majestic eyes, we ere like soulmates because when lying down together our breathing would align to the same rhythm, things about her parents were strikingly familiar with me, we always had dreams about each other, striking small details about ourselves that matched together and weird that we meet from a magician but she was able to tell me about my past and had dreams about my reality (researchers claimed abductees become psychic). I could only believe so much, because something happened, but we do not know how aliens can abduct someone. We do not know about it because we do not remember. When aliens were very active in the United States there were a lot of stories coming out, wild stories. It was discovered through research that people were driving in cars and not only did they see a UFO but they either were engulfed by the UFO and brought back or more often they parked to the side of the road, get out, and they are abducted but do not remember. These memories are far back in our subconscious, just like a human hypnotist knows secrets of massaging the conscious subconscious mind and trance state an alien can paralyze a human's consciousness and access the most finest details of the person's reality in their subconscious. The reason why the aliens let themselves be 'caught' is just because of how forward they were in there approach when they got here and established bases in our solar system and on earth. The reality of the abduction phenomena is probably most hidden, being that the events are happening without any awareness of any strange happenings. I realized that Budd Hopkins discovered a breeding program, a very intelligent researcher Dr. David Jacobs became convinced when witnessing Budd's work after being completely skeptical, and I mean completely. So when I heard things that cross referenced Dr. Karla Turner's research and Budd Hopkin's I saw that they relate to aspects of my life, I hope I was not abducted but I was swooped in the mix by those people refer to as aliens, I was an example of what the research said so I don't want to be a physical subject but somehow they were/are aware of me. So I looked at the research, and thought it strange that an event happened years after the alien abduction event with this woman. We woke up an something was on the bed. We shrugged it off but how would be not know that it got on the bed during her sleep, I think to myself now shouldn't she have woken up. This matches the research, I think it incredible that aliens would be able to physically have an encounter with two people in an apartment, partially control their mind after and leave them with not the slightest memory of the event, or the very essence of reality is more strange than we know. The beings are also strange, strange in the sense that they do not want to be seen, maybe because they look like something a human wouldn't naturally be inclined to like.

Now, I have done my research and I may know that the alien goal is to kind of 'have the human for themselves' like we belong to them. In doing that I have been taken out of the world (not physically), and I have learned the spiritual nature of myself and the world from outside. I want to go back out in the world, to experience a connection that I learned, sort of like magic.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Your argument is predicated on the assumption that we have not received such signals and does not allow for the possibility, which some people have claimed is true, that in fact we have received such signals but the information, like much ET associated information is being suppressed.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

You mentioned that ET would use a technology based on quantummechanics... Why does SETI not understand that listening to analog signals will not help them in anyway. I mean, isn't it a simple conclusion to reach that ET would use something more exotic for communication than what "we" think is the intergalactic standard? And I was always assuming that there are bright scientist working at SETI

do you have a quantum-mechanics communication decoder they can borrow?

seti looks for non-natural electromagnetic signals & light signals.

You dont know if listening for radio waves is useless or not , you dont have any special insight into the cosmos and you dont realise seti isnt just looking for communication signals. Electromagnetic waves can be generated by powerfull radar which some ET might use.

your right to assume theres a lot of bright scientists at seti and theyre a lot brighter than you.
edit on 23-12-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Meaningful 2-way Communications by em or light are only really useful for short range,
maybe out to the orbit of Mars.
Beyond that, the physics don't exist yet in the public domain as to how that can be achieved.
If we are going to go down the quantum entanglement route,
and communicate in real time with a species 100's of ly's away,
the ET's would need to come here,
give us 1/2 of the communications device,
and maybe it would be possible.

For Asynchronous transmissions, it really is a mystery as to why the seti institute and seti@home have not detected something meaningful at this stage.
We may simply be too far away from any source
and the inverse square law has taken it's toll and all we have is noise.

I participate in the seti@home project,
and have devoted considerable time and resources to it,
and I will continue to do so,
as I do believe it is only a matter of time and luck.
It's inevitable.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
They could be millions of years ahead of us. You missed the obvious:: that they dont "use radio-waves" for communicating. Thats YOUR understanding and technology and very limited.

Youre assuming they have to communicate on our ancient level...but its all you have to compare to. Not your fault...but widely un-realistic.

Very good point. Would WE try to communicate with aliens using a smoke signal? I really doubt it. Our radio waves, coulde be there smoke signal, so to speak.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'm new here and honestly new to these conspiracy theories but here's an Australian view on things. If we are to contact alien civilization. We must advance our technology to the point where we in turn can use quantum theory to comunicate instantly. But who knows, maybe they have evolved technologically enough that they can use something better than quantum theory. The universe is vast.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
why is it that people with no evidence and only guesses( pro aliens visitng earth) call other people with no proof only guesses (anti aliens visiting earth) ignorant? Mind you the second group have that fact that no aliens have landed in a city for all the world to see.

Why is it that the pro alien mob assume that an advanced alien race( if there is one and you've not a tad of proof)
wouldn't think to use basic communication to try to find less advanced races?

Why are we always classed as the cave man when we may very well be the most advanced in our galaxy alone.

I think that the pro alien people are very down on the human race due to something wrong in their life.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thought experiment:

Treat the universe as a vast endless jungle. There are possible predators and possible harmless/benevolents.

Why would an alien species cry out in the jungle (i.e. radio signals) to see if it can reach an unknown type of species many light years away? Many multiple worlds, some good, some bad.

What if they reached Earth in it's current condition? And what if we had the means to travel to them?

If they had any idea that the dominant nations in this day and age still bomb the living daylights out of those who have resources TPTB crave, and who have leaders we can't buy with enough "foreign aid", they would turn off any radio transmissions immediately.

If civilizations transmitted in the past, IMO they probably don't exist anymore.

We should listen (SETI) but not broadcast. If advanced ETs showed up and saw what we are doing to the Earth and its people, they might give us a dose of our own medicine.
edit on 23-12-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: spelling

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Lasers perhaps? Zorgon posted this link a couple days ago which is interesting:
Lasers

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

But still ....... doesnt this count on the ETs being so similar to us that they even think like us ..... i mean , people think theres "aliens" out there flying around like the jetsons on their own little planet , sending signals to other planets looking for a ressponse. But why ? because its an idea , a childish idea which is limited by mankinds very limited knowladge of our surroundings ..... Its a lie that got out of hand , like santa , get over it.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Good theory, but I do disagree. If I were a highly advanced civilization making the decision on what type of way to try to make contact I wouldnt go for the latest or even recent tech available. Using one of the first available ways to send messages into space would be the best choice because youd have a better chance at making contact. Say theres only 1 civilization out there that has been around long enough to be considered highly intelligent and the rest are about half way to that point, like somewhere around where we are today. Chances are the advanced ETs have already come across this old tech and the rest of the ETs in the surrounding area atleast have used it if not have it as a current form of communication or sometime near their present. I think most people would agree that organizations like SETI and pretty much anyone else isnt too picky on who we should make contact with so the more the chance the better. We just have to hope anyone else using radio realizes they need to filter out all incoming possibilities so they dont go conversing with a star or cosmic noise.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

Isnt SETI protocol to go secret in the event of contact anyway? Im pretty sure it could have already happened and the powers that be dont want any advanced knowledge being broadcast to fall into the wrong hands.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Alienz wouldn't use Radio.

They'd use Gamma Ray bursts for high speed communication across Space.

We haven't even started looking for Gamma Ray burst communications in space.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join