It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been thinking about this chap God..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This might have been up efore, in that case feel free to remove thread or direct forward posts to existing thread.

I never believed in this "almighty creator" God perception, in any sort of religion, nor have it ever interested me very much. Never believed that God created us humans, the world, animals, well not been the reason of anything good or bad. Actually to me this "God" he never existed.

But then this accident happened (won't go any closer in to what, since it doesn't matter in what I wan't the thread to be about). I saw some weird #, spoke to something, and had what I feel like a real wake up.

Anyway what I'm trying to get around to is, do you as I believe, that maybe this God is just our inner voice, ourselves if you like, that speaks to us? Just common sense? I think that God is just our "instinct". It's with us since birth..

Dunno if this makes any sence our is some ground for discussion but I just felt that I had to write it. If we come from evolution, alien-experiments or whatever is another question, but I guess that is another thread.

If this just is crap to y'all put in the dumpster, over and out for now

//Azmodan

Edit: And Im probably not that good at explaining myself or writing good threads :-P
edit on 22-12-2011 by Azmodan85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
God is just a fictional being people made up to control the masses. And something people believe in because they feel insignificant within themselves.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"I saw some weird #, spoke to something, and had what I feel like a real wake up."

Gonna need some details buddy

secondly . Which god? god of the bible ? other scripture? the personal god? the inner god "

to me god is the source of all of this . Weather it be big bang , quarks screwing around , strings , membranes mashing into each other. Whatever that spark to all this we see today is god to me

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Watch the two movies post here for the best explanation of religious matters I have ever seen, it answered many questions I thought I knew the answers too. Hope this helps.
www.suddenreality.com I recommend skipping the small 10 min film at the top titled what if, and watch it after part one.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The universe is a big place and the chief honcho isn't going to bother itself with the likes of you! - there are whole layers upon layers of intermediate beings - and they would all mostly seem god like to you.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
"I saw some weird #, spoke to something, and had what I feel like a real wake up."

Gonna need some details buddy

secondly . Which god? god of the bible ? other scripture? the personal god? the inner god "

to me god is the source of all of this . Weather it be big bang , quarks screwing around , strings , membranes mashing into each other. Whatever that spark to all this we see today is god to me
[/quote

Had some voice telling me that the way lived was, and it sure as hell was destructing way of living I had back then.

And don't know what to call it, since I don't really believe in god, it more or less just hit me that all this about is the feeling inside, some sort of instinct to live by. Im sorry if this post looks totaly weird, im on my phone and it feels oike it's playing by its own rules right now :-P

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
The universe is a big place and the chief honcho isn't going to bother itself with the likes of you! - there are whole layers upon layers of intermediate beings - and they would all mostly seem god like to you.

Actually it's quite the reverse.

In the big universe everyone gets off on looking after everyone else, (it's only here that human creatures are more interested in themselves than anyone else).

What's more, the ones that need looking after most get looked after by the the 'chief honch'...
...that's the Gospel.

He who would be greatest among you will be your servant ... especially the Top Guy ... seriously!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You all have opinions but how can any of you say anything for fact..

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Azmodan85

Dear Azmodan85,

Nice Opening Post, good question.

I just deleted a couple of paragraphs of answer because it dawned on me that I wasn't sure of your question. Are you asking if the voice you heard is the voice of God? Or do you think that all there is to God is this inner voice?

If you think the inside voice is all there is to God, then you'll have a tough time explaining the creation of everything, that doesn't come from a voice inside you. (Especially since everything was created before there was a "you" for a voice to be inside of.) Also the Bible becomes hard to explain, if the writers were only writing down what their inner voice heard. If you believe in miracles, (I happen to), those didn't come from just an inner voice. (I believe that this inner voice is one way God communicates with us.)

One other thought on that question. If God is our instinct that we have from birth, do you think that every one has the same instincts? If they don't, what do we say then, there are many gods?

But if your question is "I heard a spiritual voice, was it from God, an angel, or an evil spirit?" That's a bit more complicated.

If you'd like to explore any of this stuff, I'd really like to go with you.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Fiction guy! But was this fictional guy consider gay or maybe he was a transvestite!

It dont matter what anyone thinks because he never existed apart from figs in weak peoples minds.

No religion then no control!! But the truth is a quite the opposite!! No religion, more harmony and less conflict and more acceptance of our mortality!!

One day religion will and should be a crime! It will be eradicated just like smallpox!! After all theres not much difference between the two!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Seems like everyone is giving there opinions about "god" . Who was stating facts?

Do you know what one liners are?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Seek and you will find. Or listen to everyone elses unrealistic crap that they themselves don't have the slightest idea of what their talking about. Most of the answers you're getting, sound made up as they go along.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I would like some futher elaboration on what you mean by instinct. I mean some things like the fight or flight mechanism are hard wired. But are you also talking about morals etc?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

You dont need details of anything, he doesnt want to share them and he wont. As he said it doesnt pertain to this thread and he doesnt want the discussion to be about it.

for you

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Almost everything in a discussion of this manner is going to be conjecture and opinions. Personally, although not religious, I do not see why anyone would say "God isn't real" with such certainty, considering that is a huge gamble to take, with nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I think that some form of God existing is just as probable, if not more so, than any other explanation. Physics will never be able to explain what caused that infinitely dense pinpoint of mass/energy that caused the big bang to arise there in the first place.

Why should anything exist? Obviously we only understand a small fraction of how EVERYTHING works, including the multi-verse, if it exists, etc...But anyway, to answer the OP's question...

I have actually wondered something similar myself. I will ask a question in my mind, and immediately "hear" the answer in my mind as well, and sometimes I wonder "is that God," as stupid as it may sound. Usually I figure it is simply what people refer to as a "conscience," but I could never be sure.

I suppose the weird part is that this only happens when I make it a point to talk to "God," in my own internal way, and I do not get this response to questions when not addressing "God." But, I will be the first to admit that this could simply be a psychological occurrence, meaning subconsciously I "want" a response from God, therefore I create one in my own mind.

Both are equally plausible in my opinion, but I do not think one can ever KNOW for certain. One can only "think" they know. That is why I sometimes get aggravated at people who claim that their opinion is "fact," when it is just their strong belief. But, I do it too. We all do at one point or another, so I suppose that is a bit hypocritical of me...Oh well, lol.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

You're certainly well named, good choice.

I may have misunderstood you, are you saying that God is the fictional guy, or Jesus is the fictional guy?

It dont matter what anyone thinks because he never existed apart from figs in weak peoples minds.
No religion then no control!!
If you think Religion is entirely fictional, and only created to exercise control over people, I don't understand how you reconcile your beliefs with history.

Do you think Religion was invented by the Christians? No? How about the Jews? Not them either? Egyptians? How far back to you want to go? And how distant do you want to go? Religion is found everywhere. Tribes in rain forests, nomads in deserts, Central America, American Indians, name a group and you'll find they had a religion.

Isolated people have religion, it didn't come from somebody else. Why do people insist on having religion? Because it works, and it fills a need. Weak minds, strong minds, it doesn't matter.

I understand that the opinion of an anonymous guy on the internet has almost no importance, but my opinion is that you should rethink your beliefs.

(Oh, eradicate religion? No. It has and will continue to pop up everywhere. There were underground churches in the USSR. There are underground churches in China. They have been able to eradicate religion, it's a part of man. Future society won't be able to either.)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillon123
reply to post by yourboycal2

You dont need details of anything, he doesnt want to share them and he wont. As he said it doesnt pertain to this thread and he doesnt want the discussion to be about it.

for you

"Had some voice telling me that the way lived was, and it sure as hell was destructing way of living I had back then.

And don't know what to call it, since I don't really believe in god, it more or less just hit me that all this about is the feeling inside, some sort of instinct to live by. Im sorry if this post looks totaly weird, im on my phone and it feels oike it's playing by its own rules right now :-P "

Ahh but he did give me the details. He just sucks as explaining it . Because he is on his phone. Clearly he will share details as posted above. ?

Now do you have anything productive to add? Or trolalalalala? merry xmas

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Makes perfect sense to me, friend. If there is a God, he is not paying any attention to his creation, probably playing cards with the other Gods. The Gods of the Bible, of course, are all ETs who posed as Gods, and this is evident in history, but of course the religious crowd would dispute this tooth and nail. To me, the God and the Goddess are inside me, and inside everyone.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

There in is the key to it all. The "language" of the infinite cannot be spoken by us finites. We do our best to describe the static imprints left behind in our individual consciousness' when the Door swings open for that infinitesimal duration. It cannot be passed through finite sensory mechanisms via word, art, or music. Although music probably passes along the kinetic influence "turning of the Key" best of all.

Even with that, it's always up to each individual to do the "gut work" at the Gateway. No one can do it for you. No one can hand it over for anyone else to place under a microscope, or aim a telescope, to "see" through the Door.

Once you decimate your ego Self toward instead wanting to "have" and "see" the opened Door more than you want your next breath, then, and only then, will the sojourn begin. Mine took just over 40 years. (June 1971) Otherwise you will remain in the chaos as a mere leaf being blown about by whatever storm happens by.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violence
God is just a fictional being people made up to control the masses. And something people believe in because they feel insignificant within themselves.

And now your going to tell me Santa isn't real also?

What is this world coming too!

Shhhh I think I heard Rudolph flying overhead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join