It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been thinking about this chap God..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I guess we can agree on that

Peace.

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Channeling wise entities is akin to hearing the voice of God because what is being taught to you is truth. Truth is the voice of God. Truth is a universal force, and tapping into that is understanding yourself as part of all that is(God/existence).

Your inner voice that reveals truth is the voice of God in this respect. Just not in the direct bearded man in the clouds way I think many of your responders are reflecting. That is where this notion of 'controlling the masses' come from. Each religion is very different to another, there are religions with absolutely no imposed moral codes, and there are religions that are stressful and strict for compulsive people.

When we claim that a religion is controlling people we are saying that people are not responsible for their own lives, that they are victims to an ideology. Yet the people whom adhere to the ideologies find comfort in them, because of their fear. They are not really subject to a controlling system, they are the cogs that enables that system to churn out more material to keep the cogs going. It is it's own intellectual eco-system. I know it is a popular view to see dogmatic religions as a population control method, and it makes sense from the perspective of people being mindless. Yet we are not mindless, we are infinite beings who are scared of infinity. That is why we hold ourselves down, the smaller the comfort zone the better. But little do they know that infinity exists within finite boundaries. Those people are not helpless victims, and neither are you.

<< 1  2   >>

join