It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle Cops LAUGH at Victim of a Car Accident "Dont' jog to work you dump [snip]"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I think this is appalling, people in that line of work should not joke about victims. These officers lack morals, or are just plain ignorant.

'Don't jog to work you dumb #SNIP#' Cops mock critically injured jogger as he lay unconscious in road after accident

He was nearly killed in a horrific roadside accident, and now a jogger is furious at the wise-cracking cops who mocked him as he clung to life.

Lying in a pool of his own blood after being hit by a truck, Seattle man Tim Nelson had blacked out when first responders arrived.

One officer was operating under the mantra of 'to serve and disrespect' as he remarked to a colleague: 'That's why you drive a car.

Here is a news article with some of the dash cam video

I'm getting tired of hearing about incidents like this from people in positions where their responsibility is to protect the public, it is us who pays their salaries after all

edit on 22-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Dec 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Thu Dec 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

+12 more 
posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Cops, doctors, ambulance drivers, firefighters, military all have a propensity toward morbid humor. I think it's messed up but it's not new, and certainly isn't isolated just to cops. I'm not condoning the behavior, but I also don't think it's as bad as it seems. Flame away.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Cops, doctors, ambulance drivers, firefighters, military all have a propensity toward morbid humor. I think it's messed up but it's not new, and certainly isn't isolated just to cops. I'm not condoning the behavior, but I also don't think it's as bad as it seems. Flame away.

Domo1, I think you were able to take a reasonable outlook on this. They are jaded. Simple as that.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

If the police department doesn't condone this type of behavior. Why do they keep hiring this type of people Why do they keep refusing to fire these types of people once this not condoned behavior is discovered. Of course this is the creeps and jerks they want. They are just lying and covering up their actual policies. After all their jobs might be up for grabs as well. Law enforcement in this country has no justice in it. Proof of where this country has gone is NDAA and all the comments by members of congress that went along with it. They are sadistic barbarians.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

There is a difference between cracking a joke on the sidelines versus doing it live on the dash cam that the victim gets to view. If I were the victim I would get their badge numbers and have a little joke at their expense and see how they like it. My prank would be harmless of course

I have been in extreme trauma incidents and have always had first class treatment by the responders. What these people did was despicable..."Don't jog to work you dumb snip" Really?

I guess you just don't see it the same way I do.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Drivers, cops or otherwise, will tend to blame the jogger/walker/cyclist for being hit by a fellow driver. Those who drive exclusively and never share the road are like a cult of ignorant apes.

Pair that with cops disdain for the common man and their learned mocking of tragedy, shared by EMT's and paramedics, and this is what you get.

I've worked with medics who snap pictures with their cell phones of your loved ones dead or dying and laugh about it over and over for months. They snap photos of your home too if they happen to see anything they think is amusing to them.

They think you're weird for not doing the same or not laughing along with them.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I hope these D-Bags get fired.

I don't want losers like that responding to my daughter's accident. Those are the same scumbags that fondle unconscious victims if the opportunity arises. Sorr for stereotyping but it fits.

We need to stop passing this off as "oh it's just a couple of idiots". I

f you look around the whole system is based on a bunch of idiots. Wake up people!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

There is a difference between cracking a joke on the sidelines versus doing it live on the dash cam that the victim gets to view.

Well yeah, I would hazard a guess they were not thinking too much about that. I really doubt they would have said anything so obnoxious had the guy been aware. Again, not condoning.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
In all honesty, you guys are being far to over critical about this. Ever think this is coping mechanism?

Of course not cause you see the worst of society everyday and have to resolve it personally, right? Of course you must have because you wouldn't criticize something you don't understand, right?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You're completely taking this out of context, I'm not even sure why you responded the way you did since none of your logic applies to what has been said. If anything, it's your opinion of how you have interpreted our reactions and perception of the situation.

You SIR, are the one who's reading into this too much, in my opinion of course

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Psychologically they react this way to protect themselves from what they see day to day. For the mind to take every instance of their job seriously, might cause irreperable damage. Cops are like this as a defense mechanism.

It's human. If you were a cop you would be doing it too, probably just under your breathe.

And dont give me your holier then thou "I would never!" attitude, your not a cop, you have not lived their lives, so don't be judgemental.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TsukiLunar

You're completely taking this out of context, I'm not even sure why you responded the way you did since none of your logic applies to what has been said. If anything, it's your opinion of how you have interpreted our reactions and perception of the situation.

You SIR, are the one who's reading into this too much, in my opinion of course

Logic applies fine, coping mechanism is a human reaction to deplorable situations. Morbid people are morbid for a reason, not "just cause". He is completely within context and his explanation is more then plausible given all the facts of all the police and their attitudes.

You need to stop hating so much and start thinking more.

Now besides this mans pride being hurt and him being insulted, what exactly did the cops do wrong? Where is freedom of speach for police? Can they not express their feelings without recourse? Their actions should be judged, not their words. Did they provide assistance to the injured or laugh and ignore him?
edit on 22-12-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

You're completely taking this out of context,

Its weird that you would say that since i did the complete opposite. I tried to put their behavior into context with there jobs. All you people see is a couple of douche bags. What I see is world weary cops who have seen the worst society can offer and acquired a bad sense of humor for it.

Out of context was I?

I'm not even sure why you responded the way you did since none of your logic applies to what has been said.

How?

If anything, it's your opinion of how you have interpreted our reactions and perception of the situation.

Its my opinion of how I have interpreted your reactions? Thanks for, uh, letting me know.
edit on 22-12-2011 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by real_one
I hope these D-Bags get fired.

I don't want losers like that responding to my daughter's accident. Those are the same scumbags that fondle unconscious victims if the opportunity arises. Sorr for stereotyping but it fits.

We need to stop passing this off as "oh it's just a couple of idiots". I

f you look around the whole system is based on a bunch of idiots. Wake up people!

The whole system is filled with your so-called "idiots" yet these idiots deal with murders, rapists, drug dealers and more daily for you, so you don't have too. You think that goes without consequences to those involved? If you do you're completely ignorant of the real world.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

Talking about something or even joking about something as a coping mechanism is one thing.

Doing it at the scene in front of the victim conscious or not and in front of rolling cameras and in uniform is a completely different thing.

8 US soldiers are being charged with everything from dereliction of duty to negligent homicide for being assholes to a fellow soldier. You think these cops are having to see more and deal with more than soldiers in Afghanistan? You think one uniform should have higher standards than another? It's okay to have cops running around who cant seem to discern a proper "time and place" for their venting?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EspyderMan

I agree with this. Not condoning it, but I have heard EMT say it is either that or literally lose it. Its a coping mechanism.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Soldiers do one to two year stints. Cops don't.
And yes, cities like mine are a war zone.
Most cops don't last more then 6 months and they can transfer anywhere they want after the experience.
edit on 22-12-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I could say cops do 20-30 years until retirement but if I permit your point of "2 years" then you're just supporting my position that cops should be better at "coping" than the military. Yet the military seeks legal action against improper "coping" and denounces it. Here we have posters making excuses for bad police behavior.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan

Psychologically they react this way to protect themselves from what they see day to day. For the mind to take every instance of their job seriously, might cause irreperable damage. Cops are like this as a defense mechanism.

It's human. If you were a cop you would be doing it too, probably just under your breathe.

And dont give me your holier then thou "I would never!" attitude, your not a cop, you have not lived their lives, so don't be judgemental.

Simmer down turbo, I'm sorry that my logical perspective of the situation doesn't fit your preconditioned way of thinking.

A proper situation analysis would easily indicate that this behavior was wrong. Sure people joke, I think it's sick.

As the other member mentioned, there is a sub culture among these people who collect pictures of victims. I'm not saying all people in these positions do this, but it's happening more than you would want to know. I have a feeling that the bozos in this video are part of that corrupted sub culture. Perhaps they were normal before they became cops, but sometimes the job turns people into desensitized monsters. Hey, I'm not judging so you need to step off your soap box pal.

I have been in positions of employment where I was around disgusting things every day and did become desensitized but never did I amuse my self at such horrible misfortune of others. You're entitled to your "morals" you call them that, but I'm very happy with the morals I possess.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
THESE SONS OF BITCHES!!! Lucky the jogger/victim is only asking for an apology! I say strip those A-hole cops of their badges and give one to this young man, I'm sure he'll be a caring community oriented peace officer, and fit too, unlike those out of shape slobs who disrespected him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join