It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS RECAP 02: 2012 Alien Cat Drones

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AboveTopSecret.com

I liked this one more than the first one !! A few new ideas that I really like:

Threads in backgound - some replies are mentioned - some good questions are asked...

And the editing seems smoother...

And I second this idea from Whateva69:

And being a new member here you you may not know that you still have enough time to submit an entry into The ATSLive Tinfoil Hat Competition Ver 2.0

I hope to see you in a tinfoil hat for the next ATS RECAP

After all there has been a mysterious murder done in that very thread...

Looking forward to the next one...keep up the good work...these recaps will get addictive !

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Not too sure about Iran doing a bit of back engineering, as they already had claimed to having their own..before the US one was captured, (maybe it was their drone that bumped off the US one) whatever. No matter they will surely now have a super-dooper one of some sort 'ere long.

Alien cat drones, wassat all about? that sort of implies a long journey for a cat, what is the power source, nuclear? an atomic pussy
man, that's both hairy and scary! don't put out the welcome mat.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
good job, I like it.

HA! cats get run over because they want to.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Like many have stated, I in he past was very critical and even slightly harsh of the past recaps. It has improved a bit and Brian is getting into the swing of things. I still think it needs improvement but then all things do have room for improvement. Such as is life. I commend Brian and the crew in improving there presentation to address a broader demographic.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Weighing in late.....I didn't have time to watch this morning, and I couldn't watch the video on my 'droid. Needless to say, I read all the comments before I watched tonight.

Well, my opinion is:

Solid. Like rock solid.

I'll rave a bit, then add the negative at the end.

A RECAP of ATS should contain the essence of all the threads posted. You nailed that with this one by incorporating popular and unpopular threads that have been posted. I think ALL episodes should have a few good threads, and a few "fails". The recaps shouldn't be all fact and fact after fact, but should also include the threads on the "fringe" of scientific acceptance. Good job with the requested diversity!

The background of actual thread screen captures is frikken awesome! Make that a staple in the production process. It hits home, and gives substance to the fact that you can actually go to that page and comment. It makes the recaps more REAL. It gives members a huge ego trip to see their avatar (or not) on the screen capture. Those that created the threads highlighted in this episode are swooning (or not), knowing that they were listed in the video production. IMO, that'll get good posters to do better, and poor posters to re-think before they start a new thread. Get the drift? I know it's cruel, but if you have a "comedy" segment on lousy threads, wouldn't it help people to strive to do better? Anything is free game.

I also like the fact that actual users are mentioned continuously throughout this episode. That makes the recaps personable, and realistic. When someone hears their UN mentioned in an episode, they are like "WOW" I'm famous (or not). It's the 15 minutes of fame mentality, but it works. The members of ATS, in the recaps of what they contribute, would like to know that they are noticed. It's that simple.

The users mentioned in this episode are swooning (or not), like I said earlier. They have every right. They made it into the Wednesday recap, and fifteen minutes from now we will have forgotten them. Keep that as a staple as well.

I love the effects. Don't change anything there. Keep that the way it is. (Brian jumping around the screen, the fuzzy blurs, etc. Leave that part the way it is.) Whoever is in change of all the video effects and transitions, they need a pay raise, and a bonus check. That part is awesome. The whole RECAP thing is developing nicely.

Rave over.

My only complaint, Brian, (aka codegreenspace) is to ditch the Max Headroom persona. You stared straight at the camera the whole time, and that was eerie. The first episode was VERY rough, but you are beginning to bloom. You have tons of charisma, like a whole truck load of it. SHARE IT!

This episode you were barely indistinguishable from an AI avatar. We want to see the character behind the guy giving us the recaps. I'm cruel, yes, because I noted when you did deviate from the Max Headroom role....

At 1:08, you actually moved your hands, when talking about the drone. That's animation. We like it.
At 2:02, you became a real person again, with the outside joke, and stepped outside your eerie gaze.
At 4:06, you made another gesture, to sign off.

Three gestures in a RECAP? IMO, you need to be more animated. Sell what you are selling.

Body language is everything in a successful series.

At 3:33, you begin to show character, with your "ARGH".
At 3:47, you do the first shoulder shrug.
At 3:52, you do a nice eye shift.
At 3:54, another eye sift.

You were stiff until 3:33. Staring at the camera. Stare some of the time, but avert your gaze periodically, and throw in more personality.

I have a suspicion that you guys don't have a script, and you are flying by the seat of your pants, and are relying on feedback.

That's mine.

edit on 12/22/11 by Druid42 because: code to cold.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would like to ask the terrestrial does your planet have a garden of Eden?
Did you know that all Military has to take an Oath under the United Nations?
This is why Iraq is all talk. Our court system in the United States of America
which under the United States Code Title 28 3002(15) (A) (B) (C) States
the United States is a Corporation owned by Great Britain. This is why our
court system is punishing the innocent cops included Under 22 CFR 92.12-92.31
FR Heading"Foreign Relationship" states that an Oath is required to take office.
Under Title 8 USC 1481 stated once an oath of office is taken citizenship is relinquished, thus you become a foreign entity, agency, or state.
That means every public office is a foreign state, including all political subdivisions. (i.e. every single court is considered a separate foreign entity)
Everyone is in danger of becoming imprisoned by this government.
Great topic of enlightenment, I was hoping to see a real alien in the
Video. Next time Thank You Brent69

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wow ! Iran has clandestine operations ? Really ??

I think every government in the world has clandestin operations and we're not really 'learning' anything when being informed of that fact.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Then you will likely feel the same about this one:
We can't please everyone every time we do something. No matter what we do, critics like to critique.
My original post was basically just complaining. I wouldn't refer to it as critiquing. If I was critiquing the video, it would have been more like this↓

[color=FFC9B5]@Brian:
A successful comedian never laughs at his own jokes during a stand-up bit. Since this video has obviously been edited, and is actually comprised of many small clips, then why did you not remove the segment of yourself laughing at your own juvenile anal-probe jokes?

[color=FFC9B5]Also, since you have already scraped the bottom of the barrel with the anal-probe jokes, would it be possible for you to spice things up next time with some classy 'Yo Mama is soo....' jokes?

reply to post by Springer

Originally posted by Springer

Truly, humor is lost on some but let that not keep it from the many...

Springer...
My apologies. I suppose I may not have quite enuff smarts in my noggin to recognize the humor in an anal-probe joke.

edit on 12/23/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Druid42...Thanks for the comments! This is why we do this...to give the members a good recap show and if they have ideas to make it better - I'm game and all for it. So thx again for the continued support!

what can I say - I'm not a eerie guy but yeah the camera was giving me ahh, an eerie look lol

ok, so I'm getting used to this and I'm getting more relaxed...we've got a video today that you may enjoy. Watchout! My character may start to come thru on this recap.. The pieces are coming together and please continue to let us know what's good and where we need improvement.

Enjoy the show and look forward to reading your comments on the related threads. *codegreenspace

btw-I had to look up Max, then I did and ohh, yeh I remember him...the good news here is - dont worry - staying clear away from that guy

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Thanks for the complaining post, or critique - whatever it's being called.. At the end of the day, we all have opinions and sharing them with each other is probably better to do than not.

background on me tho: If I say something funny, I most likely laugh...

one thing is clear, I'm not going for the comedian thing and this wasn't a standup bit.

I'm the host of ATS Recap! So its established, I shouldn't laugh at myself, thats good b/c it means I'm not funny looking..but 'come on man' I'm just being me...

a behind the scenes sneak peak at ATS recap: the clip of me laughing was on another subject (but the beauty of this so called editing you speak of) is so we can move it at the end of the "Ancient Alien Probe Found" thread recap and nobody can tell the difference...and nope - this is not a conspiracy.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
A successful comedian never laughs at his own jokes

Clearly, you haven't seen too many stand-up acts, or have been to comedy clubs with seriously funny comics.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
A [color=FFF717]successful comedian never laughs at his own jokes

Clearly, you haven't seen too many stand-up acts, or have been to comedy clubs with seriously funny comics.

Key Word = '[color=FFF717]successful'

Sometimes, it is easy to get carried away, by adding too many prepositional phrases into a sentence, making some of them seem meaningless. At other times, prepositional phrases add necessary details to a sentence, by explaining the relation between other words, within that same sentence.

A successful comedian never laughs at his own jokes [color=FFF717]during a stand-up bit.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Can you guys try other hosts also?

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I have to agree with those who have an issue with the content, OK i like the 'odd' threads or those with humour, most of my posts are attempts at humour
but one per show is enough.
There have been many fascinating threads this year, running to 70 pages or more, even if they didn't make it to the front page, or get so many flags, they were threads that got people's attention.
Some of these should be recapped, IMO.
I think the show has improved, Brian is finding himself, & just has to let his own persona work for him, i wish him well. The presentation as a whole is much better this time.
But i would rather see more serious threads being covered, or at least those that get people thinking........
@ Brian; please tell people which forum the thread is in, so we don't get our wires crossed

My 2 cents.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join