It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Killed Your Daughter; You're Under Arrest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

That isn't the issue here.

The issue is why the police felt compelled to arrest the family members instead of calling in a grief counseling team to handle their distress in a more humane way.

Sure there may have been a "legal" excuse to arrest. It doesn't that there was a reason to, or that it was the best way to handle it.

But why wasn't the officer arrested as well? Surely there is prima facie evidence of reckless endangerment. If he is later exonerated, then no harm, no foul. But first things first: he killed two people he swore an oath to protect through his direct actions while breaking the speed limit without the use of sirens warning people from his path.

No excuse for rushing to car theft or anything else in progress, not since we have radios, computers, and excessive numbers of police. There isn't a demonstrable need to rush anywhere. An intelligent way of handling such things is to figure out the routes available to the criminals and dispatch vehicles to intercept them when they get there. If a bunch of cops can show up after an incident, surely there's enough to control escape points without endangering anyone.

The manner in which it was handled was substandard and an insult to human dignity.

A little less self-serving legalese and a bit more human compassion and understanding, please.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

I don't care what Hitler did before he became Fuhrer. Once he became Fuhrer, he made the laws.

Why is it so hard for you people to understand this?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I said it before and I will say it again, this whole police brutality will eventually come to an end. One day, mark my words, one day someone will get pissed and start sniping officers one by one regardless if they did anything wrong or not!

I am just gonna sit back and watch it develop on the local media! (I'm so sick of this Sh*t)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the cop made a mistake and had an accident. Cops speed everywhere as they feel they are trained to and above the law. I'm sure the cop didn't want to kill anybody. No reason to lynch him.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
this stuff happens all the time now a days in Bakersfield. The cops think they are above the law here. They are corrupt and need to be gotten rid of. The whole system here in kern county is wrong. They need to either kill or fire the whole lot and start over. simple as that

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

No reason to lynch him?! Well just how do you think the police would react if you or I were the one behind the wheel of our car, making an innocent mistake, having our headlights off while speeding, and accidentally running over and killing a cop that was crossing the street when his motorcycle stopped working and he tried to get it off the road. They wouldn't let us sit in our car until our friends arrived while not trying to render any kind of aid to him at all.
No! "officer down!, get the swat team over here, we got a cop killer on our hands!" We would swing for sure. Even though it was an honest mistake. A sad accident, to have killed one of the greatest people to have ever walked the planet.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Ahhh...good to see that the ATS anti-police threads are alive and well. Steeped in vandetta and hate, one just has to love them.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

So have they even made a attempt at trying to explain as to why this man and the rest of his family was arrested? The story stinks and it seems like the police will try and shove it under the rug but why arrest this man?

At this point i can only think of 1 thing and that is a attempt at incriminating the man and family directing the attention in the story onto the family somehow.

Seems a bit far fetched but i have seen other real live events that are even more unbelievable then this.
I hope they bite themselves in the ass real hard with this one.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Because they were busy fighting with family members who thought it would be a good idea to not only respond to the scene, but to do so in such a manner tat was bound to create confrontation upon arrival by their lack of self control over their emotions because of what was going on.

Grief counselors would have done no better of a job calming certain family members down, and would most likely have resulted in what occurred anyways, there arrest for interfering with a crime scene - which is exactly what the scene was, and even though its their kids in the middle of it, they have no business trampling around it tainting evidence - period.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rafe_

They have several times. It would require people actually reading the media reports instead of some guys blog though.

They were arrested for assault on other officers who were trying to clear them out of the damn crime scene.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
thank you.It does seem like a plausible if not understandable situation to occur.We will have to see if the policeman will be properly investigated and punished for it though but only time will tell.

edit on 25-12-2011 by Rafe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Sorry if someone has already pointed this out, but My laptop is about to die and the charger is in a room with sleeping family.
All cop cars should have that nifty little camera on the front of it. Everyone has seen them in action on an show involving cops or "extreme" behavior. That little black box should be more than enough to get to the truth.

and just a personal opinion...
If cops are supposed to uphold and enforce the law one would assume they are trained in said laws, right?
Any cop who violates said laws should face the maximum penalty or worse. What happens if you go 70+ in a 45mph and ran over 2 cops? No cop is a better person just because of title.
I also think professional athletes, movie stars, musicians and just famous role models in general should also have to face harsher penalties for committing crimes. How many of them get let of with a slap on the wrist or less?

I have had several run ins with the police. When They came into my work they were kinda like regular people. We chatted, and were generally social and polite towards each other. Not so on the road. Not 1 single time have I ever been glad a cop has shown up. I have been pulled over for bogus reasons, searched without cause, and harassed for walking around after dark. Once My accelerator cable on my car broke and I was on the side of the road trying to rig it up to get me to a store to fix it. There was a cop pulling someone over literally across the street from me as I had my hood popped and I was crawling over my engine trying to salvage the end of the cable. He wrote his ticket, sat there for over 10 minutes after the car had left and just stared at me like I was looting the car. Never offered any assistance or lived up to any part of "protect and serve" Not once has a cop ever assisted me with anything, except going to court.

2% battery left! Merry Christmas (even though it was technically yesterday)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vandermast
reply to post by earthdude

No reason to lynch him?! Well just how do you think the police would react if you or I were the one behind the wheel of our car, making an innocent mistake, having our headlights off while speeding, and accidentally running over and killing a cop that was crossing the street when his motorcycle stopped working and he tried to get it off the road. They wouldn't let us sit in our car until our friends arrived while not trying to render any kind of aid to him at all.
No! "officer down!, get the swat team over here, we got a cop killer on our hands!" We would swing for sure. Even though it was an honest mistake. A sad accident, to have killed one of the greatest people to have ever walked the planet.

I don't think you would swing for sure. We have courts that work, and the law works most of the time. Use them, you pay for them. Don't get all vigilante. It only leads to ruin.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
@ apacheman... I couldn't agree with you more! Grief counseling would have been very much more of a humane way in dealing with the family.
Also, why wasn't the officer arrested? If a non/police person were to pull the same thing they would have been charged with a minimum of reckless endangerment, or possibly even involuntarily manslaughter.
But seriously, wow, did they really have to arrest the father of the deceased girl?!

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TabKat

Yes - its a crime scene.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
@Xcathdra: My bad. Got it/ understand it.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TabKat

Sorry im not trying to be an ass or anything. I get that his kid was killed. however, its a crime scene and any actions father takes can potentially affect any prosecution of the officer. As to other comments about why the deputy was not arrested, it would not be any different for a non officer who is not intoxicated. The end result would be the submission of charges to the PA, who would then review all evidence to determine if the evidence can support the charges.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by TabKat

Sorry im not trying to be an ass or anything. I get that his kid was killed. however, its a crime scene and any actions father takes can potentially affect any prosecution of the officer. As to other comments about why the deputy was not arrested, it would not be any different for a non officer who is not intoxicated. The end result would be the submission of charges to the PA, who would then review all evidence to determine if the evidence can support the charges.

You keep saying "It's a crime scene". The articles that I read all said the officer was not going to be charged with anything, and will only face an internal review. It was an accident investigation, not a crime scene investigation...

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Then you need to quit reading just the blogs that subscribe to your point of view and open your mind and read other news sources.

An IA review will be done for policy violations.
A Criminal investigation is underway by California Highway Patrol, an agency the deputy does NOT work for.
Once completed the final report will be sent to the PA for review and the filing of any charges.

posted on Dec, 31 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

www.bakersfield.com...

This is a news story on the press confrence the police force held after the incident. It gives the procedures they must follow and detail that there officers can not speed unless sirens and lights are on.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join