It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Killed Your Daughter; You're Under Arrest

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
And people wonder why, lately, I have an aversion to police.

...I have an aversion to anyone who can kill me and get away with it.

Didn't you just say last night you believe in punishment....and that you think the 10 yr old who got a week at the silent table for eating his pizza into a gun shape and waving it around in the air should have had a bigger punishment?
Either you are for the Totalitarian Nanny State or you are not.

Wait a second, what?

I said nothing of the sort. I said this:

Champions of discipline there!

Who knows, maybe the kid with the "pizza gun" was making fun of another kid who happened to have influential parents.

Just read the article... and the kid's punishment is pretty benign. He only has to sit at the silent table for about a week. After all, the semester is almost over.

Nice try there, Champ!
edit on 21-12-2011 by xFloggingMaryx because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It's so great how the deputy's "brothers" come to defend his barney fife incompetence. Saying things like "well his lights were on when I got there, so I don't know if they were on or not", this is total BS. Can't the witnesses who saw the whole thing be asked what happened?, or are the citizens of America so utterly useless to the police that they can't even be asked for a statement? The only statement cops care about are their BANK statements!
I am so tired of all this "the cop has to be treated better than everyone else" crap! Pretty soon we are all going to find ourselves in the same situation as Egypt, and everywhere else that is rising up against the oppression or in our case "freedom" that our wonderful government is allowing us to have.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

It MAY have been the victims fault for walking in middle of the street. I drive around that part of town often, and there's a ton of foot traffic and its not the greatest of neighborhoods.

Some roads around there have blind corners that cars can go deceivingly fast on if they're not used to the area.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

If a good cop makes the news for doing something bad then he's a bad cop. That were accountability comes in and being held to a higher standard. Most mistake in what ever job you do, I don't care if it's assembly line work, being a brain surgeon or a cop. You do a major mistake on the assembly line...you're fired. You kill a patient due to gross negligence you get your liscence revoked. You kill innocent people if you're a cop and you get a month off with pay...common now. Where is the justice in that?

You said that every day cops deal with potencial criminals. If we take a look at the criminal code. The legal deffinition of every crime in there, everybody is a criminal. You, me, that sweet old lady that live across the street. Just take the seat belt issue for instance. I always wear mine but if ever I decide not to wear my seat belt. I'm not injuring anybody and I'm not putting anybodies's life in danger. You'll say yes I am. My own. But by that deffinition, I shouldn't shydive either or eat a big fat cheese burger. But I understand what you're trying to say. They encounter lots of armed people some criminals some not I'm sure. Again, they are supposed to be trained to deal with those kinds of situations. I say if they can't take the heat...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ricola

No lights, no sirrens, kills a kid then arrests the father...there is no excuse for that. I don't care if there's a blind spots. Accoutability is the word of the day. I see cops not using there flashers or not wearing seat belts. Talking on their cell phone, texting while on the road. I see them speeding away every day with out lights and sirens and it pisses me off every time. People need to tighten the reins and have them take responsibility for their actions.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
And NO not everything Hitler did was legal...........nice try tho......

Name one.

You should learn your history before writing rubbish - even just your two words.

"In Germany, Nazi Party leader Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in prison for leading the Nazis' unsuccessful "Beer Hall Putsch" in the German state of Bavaria.

In the early 1920s, the ranks of Hitler's Nazi Party swelled with resentful Germans who sympathized with the party's bitter hatred of Germany's democratic government, leftist politics, and Jews. In November 1923, after the German government resumed the payment of war reparations to Britain and France, the Nazis launched the "Beer Hall Putsch"--their first attempt at seizing the German government by force. Hitler hoped that his nationalist revolution in Bavaria would spread to the dissatisfied German army, which in turn would bring down the government in Berlin. However, the uprising was immediately suppressed, and Hitler was arrested and sentenced to five years in prison for high treason.
"

On the other hand, it is truly scaring to read some of the posts on this thread. Self professed vigilantes and would be cop-killers all spring into action and fall over each others feet in a bid to outdo each other in rhetorics so hateful and plain stupid, that I truly hope it is only rhetoric meant to bolster an insecure person.
So many people willing to kill the cop based on hearsay and only partial facts?

"Swearengin, the killer, was taken to the hospital and wasn’t compelled to undergo drug or alcohol screening "

Doesn't this tell you that perhaps the retelling of the story isn't truly unbiased? Where is the "eledged killer" or "eledged perpetrator" usually used to avoid law suits?

And if it isn't truly unbiased, perhaps there might be facts NOT related in the story? Because they would detract from the message the story wishes to tell?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Which is exactly the reason why family members dont get to decide punishment and why we have separation of powers. Im not condoning what happened and I certainly dont blame the family for being pissed. All I did was give the most likely reason the family was kept away - its a crime scene.

Its bad enough the people were killed. Its worse still since the family showed up prior to things being completely secured (body on the ground still uncovered). Its a traumatic event that will takes its toll on family members, which is why they were kept away.

In that type of incident the ability of rational thought is close to non existent. By not keeping family members away it could make the situation even worse in the long term. Its bad enough knowing law enforcement killed a loved one. It would be unbearable if no one was held accountable because evidence at the scene was tampered with. As morbid as it is, the body is evidence - both externally as well as internally (bruising / broken bones / damaged organs / etc).

If the police failed to keep the family away from the body and scene, with the result of that action being the officer not being held accountable because evidence was tainted, people would still be screaming cover up.

CHiP's is in charge of the investigation. Once their report is done it will be submitted to the PA who is the ultimate authority on whether or not the officer will face charges. Before that can occur though the investigation must take place in order for the PA to make the determination. Until all the facts come out people need to knock the 100 meter rush to judgment crap off.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

And people wonder why, lately, I have an aversion to police.

...I have an aversion to anyone who can kill me and get away with it.

I agree my friend...these thugs have a license to kill, and they do not discriminate. All life is fair game if it gets in their way

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
My oh my... this is beyond insane!

Something has got to be done to FORCE the Police into respecting people. THey have out of control ultra-violent crazies...

Police sheep will have a hard time discrediting this event as yet another "anti-police conspiracy".

Everyone, do everything you can to share this!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1

Swearengin, the killer, was taken to the hospital and wasn’t compelled to undergo drug or alcohol screening.

WHAT THE HELL?!!!

I'm truly lost for words...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
This did happen, Right down the street from my house, in front of copes food fair. In OilDale, 4 family members were arrested for assault. This is standard practice down here for the pigs, They will always Arrest any one for trying to show their corruption. Same thing happened a few months ago, When Bakersfield Police shot that black football player. They arrested his two children, for trying to beat the cop that shot their unarmed father.

I may have been a combat MP, but given half a chance I would shoot every cop in Bakersfield. Start fresh they are all dirty, and cover them well. Also ED jangles the DA is as corrupt. Crap sand witch either way around here. There will probably only be justice because the Highway patrol is involved. Other wise it will be covered up.

It should go back to the way it was during early America we didn't have need for a police force, Crime was dealt with swift and justice was served.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by akapapasmurf

For your information, this happened not 10 min from my house...2 people dead, parents of 2 young children, killed because the Sheriff officer was headed to a car theft in progress call...the street it happened on is a 2 lane, one each way, and has residences lining it...horrible...my local paper said that their were like 30 sheriff's on scene...why? because they protect their own...its a brotherhood mentality. Maybe you need to not be so cynical.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Almost everyone lately seems to be arrested for resisting arrest but not for an actual crime.

Which brings to question, how can one be resisting arrest when there is nothing to warrant an arrest?

You have to be placed under arrest first before you can start resisting the arrest, yet somehow police are allowed now to make an arrest because the "victim" was resisting arrest.

It boggles the mind, but I suppose if one has no brain then it can be completely justified...somehow...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by MaxJohnson

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by PoeteMaudit
The only good job any agent of the state can do is to take a length of rope and hang himself with it.

I'm an agent of the state. A dam good one. A family man, an honest man, and a hell of a tough guy. I bet you wouldn't tell me that in a bar?

I would. Provided you left your handgun at home, your shotgun in the locker, your ar-15 in the squad car, your tazer on the dresser, your badge up your ass, your buddies at home, and your mouth shut after taking a savage beating. Of course you'd have to do somethin to piss me off first.
edit on 21-12-2011 by MaxJohnson because: (no reason given)

LOL!

Don't have a tazer or an AR. (Not a cop, just work for state.) Do have the shotgun, and an AK, and I NEVER leave my handgun at home, but I promise not to get it out of its holster. I've never once unholostered it, or even mentioned that I have it in dozens of fights. I can't guarantee anything about my buddies, they are a rowdy bunch, but they will enjoy watching me for awhile, especially if I happen to be losing.

Now as far as pissing anyone off. Never intentionally done, but never too empathetic to sensitive souls either, so that is a possibility.

Fair enough, you know I'm just rattling your cage, man. Good sport.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'm glad I just wrote a song ready to record about how the police are not peace officers and will never help us out of the trouble we're in. They're merely one limb of a compartmentalized slavery structure!

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
youre one of the biggest trolls this whole site has seen domo. havent you decided on wasting your time on something else?? like being sane??? lol

youre focusing on what you actually believe in with intention on confusing others about what your whole agenda REALLY is......

you dont think people here know what youre really about???? you really dont fool anybody here, you need therapy you sick monkey

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Ok. Correction. Everything Hitler did while in power in Germany was legal.

There...better?

BTW, I dare you people to tell Mr. King's legacy that he was incorrect too.

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

www.brainyquote.com...

And the point (which was stating that laws do not govern right and wrong) still stands even though the semantics jackholes didn't like it.

edit on 22-12-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Which is exactly the reason why family members dont get to decide punishment and why we have separation of powers. Im not condoning what happened and I certainly dont blame the family for being pissed. All I did was give the most likely reason the family was kept away - its a crime scene.

That's actually a good point.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy
***snip***

BTW, I dare you people to tell Mr. King's legacy that he was incorrect too.

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Read more: www.brainyquote.com...

***snip***

Quote is wrong or Dr. King was wrong. Legacy or no legacy.

Some great people say great thing - not everything correct. Gandhi was a racist but is still considered great.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane

Gandhi was a racist but is still considered great.

He was? Surprising.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join