It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Killed Your Daughter; You're Under Arrest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
As much as I try to see the Police side of things..and 90% of cops are good people trying to make a living....stories like this make it awfully difficult to maintain that positive outlook and way of seeing things. This was just disgusting in every way,.

You are mislead.
If 10% of cops are bad, the other 90% are just as guilty for aiding and covering up their crimes.

Turning a blind eye on corruption and lawlessness among officers makes them just as guilty.
And don't believe these "Good Cops" are working side by side with the bad ones and don't know what's going on.
That would make them incompetent officers, and dangerous.

Fire them.
At once.

It's really simple:

If they are aware of other cops crimes, they are bound by law to report them.
Failure to do so means they are accomplices and just as guilty.
If they are unaware, then they are pretty useless cops IMHO.
If you can't catch the crook right beside you, how the hell can you protect the rest of us?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Cops everywhere are built the same.....when they start letting a wider variety of people types into policing there will be more humane police officers who act with common sense and courtesy......
When they stop parade ground bashing, and train the RCMP as effective police we will see less torture tactics being used on suspects in custody too.....
Most Cops consider themselves to be part of the thin blue line between chaos and order,
They get jaded qickly and the ennuii turns to boredom then to power trips.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I hate cops. I hate the system that protects them. This only reenforces their bad behavior. I believe these A-holes have blood lust and can't wait to get to the scene to irritate the situation justifying a kill. These cocksuckers do not have service nor protection in mind. They serve the corporate run cities, nothin' more. They are merely despicable armed tax collectors in a uniform.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Everybody hates the police until they need them.

We had a terrible situation, similar to this, happen in my city.

The mob wanted the LEO drawn and quartered.

Ended up that the little girl had stepped onto the road approximately 8-10ft in front of the LEO (he had lights and sirens going btw) giving him absolutely zero chance to prevent the incident.

Media spent almost a week apologizing.

Although the situation is terrible, lets wait for some facts and evidence to be provided before passing judgement.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
And people wonder why, lately, I have an aversion to police.

...I have an aversion to anyone who can kill me and get away with it.

I totally agree. Its the sign of the times we live in. Evil prevails over good and there is no justice to be found anywhere.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The only good job any agent of the state can do is to take a length of rope and hang himself with it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Xcath, I am up and down in these cop threads. I am really torn between defending the good cops I've known, and wanting justice against the bad cops.

his actions could undermine any justice for the girls death. Again, I cant say this enough - Its a crime scene.

In this case, a car plowing through a pedestrian in a neighborhood, if she were my daughter, justice would have been instant, without regard for guilt or innocence, without regard for cop or civillian, without regard for laws.

In addition, since the justice was delayed, if that were my daughter, they better go ahead and give me a life sentence, because I would never rest until justice was served, on my terms, quietly, personally, by me.

I'm not advocating anybody do anything illegal, or that anything is right or wrong, or that anybody's actions are justified, I'm just relaying what my train of thought would be in that instance. Laws, Policies, regulations, crime-scenes, witnesses be damned. Only one outcome would satiate me.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Contrary to popular belief you can refuse to take a breathalyser (as well as the blood / urine). That action could be used in court against him, depending on what all is going on.

In my state, that is an automatic suspension of license. I'm looking at it on a Corporate level as a business. When I signed up at my company, it is policy and refusal is termination. They should be held to the same standards what most companies enact. That would make to much common sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoeteMaudit
The only good job any agent of the state can do is to take a length of rope and hang himself with it.

I'm an agent of the state. A dam good one. A family man, an honest man, and a hell of a tough guy. I bet you wouldn't tell me that in a bar?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Personally i think not all cops are bad but there are a some that make a bad name for the rest. My uncle is a cop and told me a story of of a rookie officer who pulled over a higher ranking officer. The higher ranking officer was speeding well over the limit and might have had a few drinks in him (cant remember the exact details). Anyway the rookie called in asking what to do and he was told to let the officer go. Its things like this that give all cops a bad name which is unfortunate because not all of them are bad. just food for thought.

I'm interested to see how this case turns out, I cant imagine what the father and family are going through regardless of who is at fault, nothing can bring those two kids back.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Not sure this so called police officer would ever feel remorse about this. The family should keep her presents under the tree and send him a picture of what there christmas day will look like at the cemetary. Saw a very similar accident growing up. A cop pulled out in front of a truck with no lights on around 10 pm, and not stopping at the stop sign to check for traffic. Both people died in the accident, flight for life showed up to take the cop to the hospital to try and save him and the other driver was just left in the car... Not sure if the other driver was to far gone or what. I think they should have tried to save the guy the cop pulled in front of. It wasnt his fault, he should have been given the chance not the person at fault.

God this is just so damn sad... I need to go find a happy story now...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by PoeteMaudit

I'm an agent of the state. A dam good one. A family man, an honest man, and a hell of a tough guy. I bet you wouldn't tell me that in a bar?

I would. Provided you left your handgun at home, your shotgun in the locker, your ar-15 in the squad car, your tazer on the dresser, your badge up your ass, your buddies at home, and your mouth shut after taking a savage beating. Of course you'd have to do somethin to piss me off first.
edit on 21-12-2011 by MaxJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I'm sorry for the family that must endure this bull sh!t. Believe me when I say if a cop runs over my kid then arrestes me you best believe there will be retaliation! He/she would die a most painful death.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Reminds me a bit of the wild west, but scarier.

At least then justice would sometimes be served by the people, criminals or not.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I found the original news story. I can't find anything to confirm the father or family was actually arrested other then in blogs and forums. So I am not sure if that is accurate.

Article
edit on 12/21/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Actually 4 family members were arrested and it was for assault.

Too bad it wasn't: Assault...with a deadly weapon.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Everybody hates the police until they need them.

Similar thread here about this same topic you speak of. You should read that one. I for one have never needed a cop for anything in my life, and neither have about 90% of the people here. If I ever encountered a situation that required me to exercise my second amendment right like getting robbed or held up it's likely the cops would never hear about it. I'm not getting tried for murder because I was protecting my property and loved ones. There is alot of open space here and a body dropped of in the forest somewhere would probably never be found.

Hear far to many stories of people doing time for protecting them selfs and family. It's not just cops the whole system is screwed up. We should be calling out these worthless lawyers to. That are fully aware they are getting murders and crooks of the hook. Talk about selling your soul for a buck...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rabbit 2000

As much as I try to see the Police side of things..and 90% of cops are good people trying to make a living....stories like this make it awfully difficult to maintain that positive outlook and way of seeing things. This was just disgusting in every way,.

You should check those percentages, as after Serpico, a investigation was done, it was found that 10% of the cops were totally bad, 10% were totally good, it was found the other 80% would go either way.
To me this is more or less just the same as if you were to take a cross section of the public in general, it would be about the same percentages.
I have not provided any links, please feel free to google this yourself if you don't believe that's what I did.

Also please feel free to correct my spelling, glamor and punctuation, I will file any information received accordingly.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
And people wonder why, lately, I have an aversion to police.

...I have an aversion to anyone who can kill me and get away with it.

Didn't you just say last night you believe in punishment....and that you think the 10 yr old who got a week at the silent table for eating his pizza into a gun shape and waving it around in the air should have had a bigger punishment?
Either you are for the Totalitarian Nanny State or you are not.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
If you spent some time learning about laws and less time devoting all your energies to hating the police, you might understand whats going on with this case.

Again with the "you don't know the law...therefore you are wrong" argument? It's getting old ya know.

You also know that everything Hitler did was legal?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join