Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

We Killed Your Daughter; You're Under Arrest

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
that is pretty pathetic but typical of law enforcement these days. endanger the citizens they are suppossed to protect and then blame their screwups on other citizens to try and divert eyes from what they are doing.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Here is some more info that is not from a personal blog. Secondly Highway Patrol is conducting the investigation and not the agency involved with the crash. The speed reported is a guesstimate by the witnesses. Crash reconstruction should be able to determine the speed based on present factors (injuries to the 2 killed, damage to the vehicle, skid marks if any, etc).

The report about no emergency lights / siren also comes from witnesses. However his lights were on when people arrived. The question to ask is did he have them on before the crash, or did he turn them on after the crash in order to warn other drivers of an accident.

KGET News
Kern County Sheriff address the situation
Outrage in Oildale

The fact they were not riding the bike at the time of the incident does change the issue somewhat on possible charges.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)
edit on 20-12-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yeah, I have a hard time trusting cops anymore. I was pulled over a few weeks ago for talking on a cell while driving, and I wasn't. Felt like he was using the stop to see if I was high or had drugs as I might fit a profile. He let me go, but it scared me and pissed me off. My heart goes out to this family.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I know a lot about this case, as it happened a few blocks from my house. The cop was not responding to any calls. There are a few people who said he had no lights on at all, but the general feel is he had his headlights on. what normally happens here is that the cops get away with it. This time tho the investigation is being done by the highway patrol, who have a beef around here with the local cops. Time will tell tho, There was a lot of blood. I've never seen two humans leave that big of a dent in a cop car. Pushed the pusher bar in and half the font end is smashed. It was horrific

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Cop or not, that IS reckless endangerment at the very least. There is NO excuse to be speeding and not have your lights on. Remember the state trooper in Florida that pulled over and arrested that other cop? She made a comment about having lights on when going that fast, if I remember correctly.

The quote at the end is so true. It is very sad that it seems like most Americans know how the system works now. I guess everyone is losing faith in law enforcement. There are more people than most would think who are scared to call the police when they need them, despite the fact that they aren't criminals and have done nothing wrong, because they know that doesn't matter to the police.

The government needs to start cracking down on police brutality and incompetence. But the thing is, there are so many other things wrong with this country that at the speed the government moves to correct faults it created in the first place, there will be even more things wrong with the place before even one important item gets corrected.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
wow, amazing how all these people to seem to have problems with officers. But I have to say, the officers that I have met on a daily basis, have been nothing but patient and tolerate. They definitely are better then I am. And I want to say, "Thank you for putting up with us"

RIP, sorry for the family. Raw deal.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

This is why more and more Law Enforcement Agencies on the local level are administering policies of Non-Persuit based on certain criteria as it is deemed a potential threat to the public safety.

I lost a friend due to Missouri Law Enforcement chasing a car thief into Illinois. They pursued this individual in a high speed cross state line scenario and the Van of the alleged criminals drive into my friend's car. He just got off work and was headed home when he was hit at an intersection. Missouri Law Enforcement didn't even communicate with the local law enforcement to prepare for the persuit or to comply. It was too late and a man lost his life and a wife and kid lost a husband and father.

These kind of incidents are not isolated at all. They have been of major concern and quite a few were just out of the Law Enforcements hands. New procedures were brought about in concerning communities because of it.

Quite sad really.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I didn't need another reason to hate the vile scum that is the police force, but thanks anyway

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by xFloggingMaryx
And people wonder why, lately, I have an aversion to police.

...I have an aversion to anyone who can kill me and get away with it.

I'd like to make this my new signature everywhere...may I??

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

People are to laid back. I am sorry but they may arrest me but I would want and take revenge even if it tool a lifetime. My little girl is the beacon of my life, if anything happened to her I would never stop until the person got their just deserts. I would not hesitate to kill anyone who threatened or killed my daughter.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I was raised by my father to never trust the Police...

He was born and raised in Downtown Los Angeles which was covered by the Rampart division of the LAPD, the stories he told me growing up about seeing friends unjustly beaten and even shot by the police always shocked me, as my father made it a point to work his ass off and move the hell out of there as soon as he could.

We ended up in upper middle class neighbor hoods and growing up I never saw any police misconduct, but his stories always sat in the back of my mind, he would tell me to always treat the police with respect but never trust them.

He grew up in that area in the 60's-80's so my point is this, Police abuse of power is nothing new, The internet is, so we see it now. What did Senator Rockefeller say about the internet? Something like it was their biggest mistake letting it happen. This is why, injustice gets broadcast to the entire world, the darkest corners of government get exposed, why do you think there is such a push for internet censorship and such? Its so they can go back to the time when localized problems stayed local, where they could spin a situation to fit them.

Now with the internet it gets easier to see through all their BS, the Police are not their for your protection and it is becoming more and more obvious with the militarization of police forces nation wide, where you have them training more like military it makes you wonder who the enemy they are preparing to fight is... Its us, you and I, the every day citizens.
edit on 21-12-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Don't you know its one rule for copz one rule for citizenz we protect our own. One only has to look at the recent protest in the states over ticket fixing. If you want to break the law and get away with it become a Police officer. (Sarcasm)
Laws are in place so that people don't take maters into their own hands. IMO if the father were to seek justice where none was given by the system it would be within his rights.
edit on 21-12-2011 by Shirak because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I just read a story that 1/3 people are arrested by age 21. Shocking

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
other than the news report is there anything else to prove this is a real story ?

that must be the first thing we need to find out because it seems they used actors to tell storys in the giffords shooting which may not have happened in the first place and they staged some police brutality at occupy all of this was put out on the news in particular fox and none of it was true... so did this really happen or is it crap ?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JessopJessopJessop

I just read a story that 1/3 people are arrested by age 21. Shocking

I heard that 70% of statistics... never mind.

I would be pretty surprised if that number is actually legit. Then again, I can see it happening. There is a huge difference between getting arrested and being detained. I've seen some sources use detention as an excuse to pad numbers for headlines. But that was many moons ago when I was in CJ classes.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I seem to have missed it what was the girl's father actually arrested for?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
I seem to have missed it what was the girl's father actually arrested for?

Actually 4 family members were arrested and it was for assault.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Another example of the above the law behavior of the police, not a "single act of a single cop". This is wide scale and growing as I type. The days of "don't worry" are Over. I hope some people grow up and realize it sooner than later.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join