It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birmingham Airport: Man Arrested On Terrorism Offence

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

The trouble with "piossible" is that anything at all is possible - it is possible that the guy being arrested was jsut a solid holograph oand not realy a person at all, or was an intelligent shape-shifting teapot in disguise....

"Possible" isn't the same as "is" - yet so many people here treat it as if it was the same, in the sense that if it is "possible" that the Govt did something bad then it is actualy certain and what's more it was deliberate and intended to furthe the cause of the NWO in converting us all into soylent green!!

"Possible" is grossly over- and mis-used as evidence on ATS!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

The document language will be the key.

What if it's written in Mongolian Script?

Or, old Aramaic?

It could take a year to translate

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Yeah, I have a feeling it's going to be a Playboy magazine or something ridiculous. He was waiving it around the plane showing pictures and they charged him with terrorism. From what I've heard in this thread and others, they throw that charge around a lot in the UK.

I do think this has a level of sensationalism to it like expat mentioned, the usual holiday terror scare, they happen every year.

Maybe the underwear bomber escaped.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by GLaDOS

And exactly when has the UK been guilty of that?

Apparently, the UK has been giving intel to CIA. I know the UK is not directly killing civilians, but still they are in the act. www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 20/12/2011 by GLaDOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Your argument seems to work fine for the TSA, the FBI, the CIA, the MIx and all the rest too though.

Free in person and papers was written on the constitution and I believe also English common law, albeit with different wording. I might be wrong about English law but I know the US has it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Good point. I remember an X-Files episode (Aliens related) that stated a Native American language was used for secret information just because there were so few people who really could understand it and its semantics, making it hard for intelligence services to really decide what the hell it said!

Ya na wah nah ra ney ho. (I am not making fun of Native American language, I am praising it)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
All I will say is that if you need a list to remind you how to be a terrorist, you're doing it wrong. So am I understanding correctly, that he didn't actually DO anything? He just had a list that was suspicious? Terrorist paraphernalia, lol?
edit on 12/20/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Perhaps the paper links him to other bits of inteligence they might have gathered? Just saying it seems strange to just come across someone with these documents, if it is all genuine then I guess the paper is just a link to other more serious activities. Carrying a document is not a crime but neither is the materials to build it, sometimes there comes a point you have to intercept before the actual event occurs(providing there is substantial genine evidence).

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Your argument seems to work fine for the TSA, the FBI, the CIA, the MIx and all the rest too though.

AFAIK they use "possible" sometimes (to determine who to arrest such as in this case) but then make further enquiries - whereas on ATS "possible" is usually the end of the enquiry and the start of the ranting.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Love how it throws in the fact hes from Pakistan in there. Racsism at its finest. I geuss only Pakistan and the rest of the middle east have terrorists. They throw that in there so the masses are more likely to believe he is a terrorist, without demanding more evidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I think you are hitting nails on heads.
One should surely have information first before arresting someone and deciding to continue enquiries? Shoot first and ask questions later is a bad move where civilians are concerned. Rule number one (for me at least) is, do not talk to the police, under any circumstances. It is also my right.

As for ATS, as I'm sure you can appreciate not everything is "provable" by the masses. I've seen posts here claiming vaccines are totally safe and that the emissions of a mobile phone are likewise whereas when one looks at the frequency of a mobile phone one will see that it is almost the same as a microwave oven, albeit with considerably less power. Most studies seem to be initiated by industry. I wanted to troll the person who made that post (in the spirit of Deny Ignorance you understand) but refrained from doing so in accordance with the T&C. On the plus side, it received zero replies and zero interest I believe.

So, while anything is possible, not everything is provable or debunkable, from both sides. That surely doesn't mean we should stop thinking or talking though. And we all need to rant every once in a while.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Oh wow, a Pakistani national, if the guy isn't from the Middle East or from a Muslim nation this would just be considered a misdemeanor. Especially, a couple of years back when that white guy torched his house and rammed his plane into the IRS building in Texas, they dropped the story after a day. Ah, the shocking nation we live in.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If this was a false flag it would have been carried out. Birmingham is starting to become a hub for homegrown terrorists. quite a few people from Birmingham have been arrested for plotting attacks in the last year alone and the Green lane mosque was on Dispatches for encouraging Jihad and extremism.

Yeah this is a conspiracy site, and we need to look at all angles, but i highly doubt this is the case, it's the Saudi funded mosques you need to look at who are preaching hatred and encouraging these plots to take place.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Lol arrested for using school books for terrorism? I think it would be documentation used maybe to gain access into restricted zones, maybe passwords written down or an id badge. I don't have loads of faith in any police, but there are some nuts trying to cause fear here with smaller plots then seem elsewhere. Who knows what happened but I'm betting it was a person trying to gather security info or trying to access an off limits area with false or stolen ID/ documentation.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Good point. I remember an X-Files episode (Aliens related) that stated a Native American language was used for secret information just because there were so few people who really could understand it and its semantics, making it hard for intelligence services to really decide what the hell it said!

Ya na wah nah ra ney ho. (I am not making fun of Native American language, I am praising it)

And interestingly, a true story from WW1 and WW2.

A special force of WW2 400 Marines were using a Navajo language to transmit messages.

Other American Indians in the U.S. military used the same tactics.

WW1 had a group of Choctaw Indians using their native languages.

The enemies never did figure it out !

Code talkers was a term used to describe people who talk using a coded language. It is frequently used to describe 400 Native American Marines who served in the United States Marine Corps whose primary job was the transmission of secret tactical messages. Code talkers transmitted these messages over military telephone or radio communications nets using formal or informally developed codes built upon their native languages. Their service improved communications in terms of speed of encryption at both ends in front line operations during World War II.

The name code talkers is strongly associated with bilingual Navajo speakers specially recruited during World War II by the Marines to serve in their standard communications units in the Pacific Theater. Code talking, however, was pioneered by Choctaw Indians serving in the U.S. Army during World War I. These soldiers are referred to as Choctaw Code Talkers.

Other Native American code talkers were deployed by the United States Army during World War II, including Cherokee, Choctaw, Lakota[1] Meskwaki, and Comanche soldiers. Soldiers of Basque ancestry were used for code talking by the U.S. Marines during World War II in areas where other Basque speakers were not expected to be operating.

Code Talkers

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Funny thing too, I was joking about the Mongolian Script.

But it seems that the Mongolian language is spoken the same whether it's written in orginal script or Russian Cyrillic !

It seems the Russians took 20 or so years to actually get the spoken language converted into Russian letters !

And it works.

I imagine not to many people would really recognize a written document like that.

The Mongolian Cyrillic script is the writing system used for the Khalkha dialect of the Mongolian language as the standard dialect of the modern state of Mongolia. Cyrillic has not been adopted by the Khalkha in the Inner Mongolia region of China, who still use the Mongolian script.

Mongolian Cyrillic is the most recent of the many writing systems that have been used for Mongolian. It is a Cyrillic alphabet (the Russian alphabet plus 2 letters, Өө ⟨ö⟩ and Үү ⟨ü⟩). It is largely a phonemic alphabet, meaning that there is a fair degree of consistency in the representation of individual sounds. It was introduced in the 1940s and is used in everyday life and often on the Internet.

Mongolian cyrillic script

edit on Dec-21-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GLaDOS

And Pakistan government ministers, security forces and civilians haven't been supplying information to The Taliban who amongst other things have been killing innocent Afghani's and Pakistani's?

In addition they have been turning a blind eye to the presence of training camps where Islamic extremists are being trained in terrorist activities and exporting their terror activities all over the world and slaughtering thousands of innocent people.

But I suppose that's ok is it?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CharonIncarnate

Love how it throws in the fact hes from Pakistan in there.

So you don't believe in reporting the truth?

If he comes from Pakistan why not report it?
If he had come from Peckham or Tipton should his nationality be reported?
Or what if he was Israeli?

I geuss only Pakistan and the rest of the middle east have terrorists.

Not at all.
But most of the one's trying to bomb us in the UK at present either do come from the ME, have ME origins or received terrorist training in Pakistan and the ME.

They throw that in there so the masses are more likely to believe he is a terrorist, without demanding more evidence .

Well, I for one believe they must have more on him than just a single piece of paper.
However, if not and if during the investigation they can not find any evidence of terrorist links or activity then he should be released in accordance with the law.

As I stated previously, whilst I prefer the Security Services to err on the side of caution and prevention must be the priority, I also recognise that there is a fine line between this and invading upon individual civil liberties etc.
And I hope that the alleged safeguards within the judicial system prevent miscarriages of justice and ensure the prompt release of the innocent.

reply to post by Unvarnished

Especially, a couple of years back when that white guy torched his house and rammed his plane into the IRS building in Texas, they dropped the story after a day. Ah, the shocking nation we live in

IRS?
Texas?

This is Birmingham, England, United Kingdom.

reply to post by Thetawave

Unfortunately despite the massive weight of evidence that supports your post there are still those who completely ignore it and see false flags, conspiracies and racism everywhere.
edit on 21/12/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by GLaDOS

And Pakistan government ministers, security forces and civilians haven't been supplying information to The Taliban who amongst other things have been killing innocent Afghani's and Pakistani's?

In addition they have been turning a blind eye to the presence of training camps where Islamic extremists are being trained in terrorist activities and exporting their terror activities all over the world and slaughtering thousands of innocent people.

But I suppose that's ok is it?

Sure it is. This is normal. People with ties on, prayers meetings, a Bible in their hand, and a soup kitchen, clearly Pakistan knows that they are terrorists.

People clearly don't see how profound the mental head space is between these cultures and ours.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
Love how it throws in the fact hes from Pakistan in there. Racsism at its finest. I geuss only Pakistan and the rest of the middle east have terrorists. They throw that in there so the masses are more likely to believe he is a terrorist, without demanding more evidence.

Pakistanis aren't a race.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join