It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Stay at Your Friendly Fema Camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay, since the Fema Camp issue has been beaten to death on ATS I would like to let those of you (also maybe me) who will be visiting such establishments know how you will be treated...enjoy...www.globalsecurity.org...
Wanted to add that this info is from Field Manual
No. FM 3-19.40 Headquarters
Department of the Army
Washington, DC, 1 August 2001
edit on 19-12-2011 by Backbiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Backbiter

CIVILIAN INTERNEE
1-7. A CI is a person who is interned during armed conflict or occupation if he is considered a security risk or if he needs protection because he committed an offense (insurgent, criminal) against the detaining power. A CI is protected according to the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War (GC), 12 August 1949.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Also as listed in FM 3-19.40 is a manual in regards to Civilian Internees listed as AR 190-8...www.apd.army.mil...
Chapters 5, 6, and 7 pertain to Civilain Internees

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Backbiter

Well, we all know the US follows the rules of the 1947 Geneva Convention right? /sarcasm off.

I guess all those EPW's and RP's that were water boarded or tortured in other manners could tell you what a lovely humanitarian bunch they had as hosts ;-) And I guess most of us will be considered EPW's or RP's, so that's going to go over really well. I wonder if they have a golf course and an olympic sized swimming pool at the FEMA resort? Will they separate families and then allow maybe one conjugal visit a month with the spouse in a flea and bed bug infested room? It'll be just like going to club med! Ooops, slipping back into sarcasm mode... It's one of those touchy feely subjects eh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but get this # out of here. Please take this back to your foil hat-wearing section of the forums.

That is all.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Hi Dave.
Pedantry corner here, but the last quote in your sig is misrepresented.
It's actually from Ian Fleming's "Goldfinger" and is a quote by the title character in the book.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Hi Dave.
Pedantry corner here, but the last quote in your sig is misrepresented.
It's actually from Ian Fleming's "Goldfinger" and is a quote by the title character in the book.

I didn't realize that LOL, but thanks for the heads up. My CO used to say s**t like that along with the common, bullets have the right of way.

Cheers - Dave

top topics

join