It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Journal - 14,000 deaths in US tied to Fukushima! = More To Come!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NoAngel2u

The source of radiation is irrelevant. It all has the same effect on the human body.

Radioactive products are scary, especially to people who don't really understand what makes them dangerous.
I was not attempting to say that man made radiation is a better or worse radiation. I'm certain that too much cosmic would have deleterious health effects as well.

I don't disagree with you that there are scaremongers, but I believe there are far more who work diligently to suppress the truth of the effects of human created radioactive pollution.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Pray for ALL* being EXPOSED to the radiation. Between that and the GOM I wonder what grows in the deep..smh

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by NoAngel2u

The source of radiation is irrelevant. It all has the same effect on the human body. It is the level which matters.

Radioactive products are scary, especially to people who don't really understand what makes them dangerous.

edit on 12/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)
Perhaps man made radioactive pollution is worse, in that we can launch it at each other, like to keep it in our back yards, and have trouble containing it and storing safely for extended periods of time. Yeah, I would say it has degrees of worseness the others don't, and unlike natural radiation, man made radiation is a choice, well for those that want to use it anyway.
edit on 12/20/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/20/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyteskye

Currently all the Fukushima reactors are stable, shutdown or defueled.There is no evidence America got dosed at all. Even if it did, you would be looking at slightly elevated background "noise". With all the things that are likely to kill off the US public in the near future, Fukushima radiation isn't a front runner.

In my view the whole world is heading for a not too distance major transitional period. Let the people that crawl out of that mess worry about radiation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
My Brother works at a major Northwest water treatment plant and tests all levels of contaminants and iodine levels. I will ask him if he could keep this from the local news and from his own brother that we are being poisoned! I will post my results…

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Thank you. Excellent find. FYI - the fatalities are just the tip of the iceberg. The real problem is the number of people who survive to suffer chronic disease that's progressively debilitating and disabling. More info:

NCD Pandemic Killing Over 37 Million This Year

Man-made Pandemic Spreading?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

The above is a graph includes the infant mortality data for first 21 weeks of 2011,

However, in their paper, Sherman and Sangano deleted the first 7 weeks of 2011. This makes it look like there was an increase. But as you can see, the infant mortality was slightly higher in the first 7 weeks of 2011 then after Fukushima.

Infant mortality goes up and down, it's just random variation.
edit on 20-12-2011 by Bbrhuft because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Anyone have a few thousand names of people dying like this?

Would love to look into in independently.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This is BS. These "scientists" used CDC data on deaths, saw that the amount of deaths increased after Fukushima, and then made the giant leap that that meant that those increased deaths were caused by Fukushima, with no conclusive data on the levels of radiation - just a few sporadic tests. I have never even taken a statistics class but I know one of the biggest rules of statistics: correlation does not equal causation! Even if deaths increased after Fukushima, many respected radiologists have made it clear that the amount of radiation in the US is minimal and that these people are not being taken critically.

Source:
www.medpagetoday.com...

People keep making posts like " 'they' don't want you to be critically informed about what's going on. 'they' are out to get you by not telling you about nuclear radiation." The evidence would critically point to the exact opposite - that the governmental agencies have not seen a problem and have not informed us of it because it doesn't exist.

It's exactly these type of conspiracies that make us look like idiots to the rest of the world. Then when the real conspiracies come along - the bankers controlling government, for example - people look the other way because we all look nuts. People need to critically examine the evidence and not take some hack scientists word for it - ever!!
edit on 12/20/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
c'mon, we can't have a few thousand deaths get in the way of corporate profits. that just isn't the way the world works these days

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

c'mon, we can't have a few thousand deaths get in the way of corporate profits. that just isn't the way the world works these days

Would you like to explain how an accidental radiation spill caused profits?

OR is that something you just pulled out of your [snip]?

I suppose you are saying that the Tsunami was a Planned Event then?
edit on 20-12-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't consider "PRnewswire" to be a credible source for anything...

NEXT!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Meanwhile, the never proven linear no-treshold model often misused to get horrible numbers of deaths due to small increases in radiation is dealt another blow.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The primary issue here is that we all know that something happened, and that radiation did leak, and it had to go somewhere, right? Unfortunately, we can't trust our government, their government, the media, or anyone to tell us where or what the effects may be, because it seems everyone has some other agenda, be it to make money from fear, not to panic the public, or not to be held accountable. It is really sad that we live in such a world, but it seems there is no way to escape it. Until there comes a time that folks are simply honest and actually care about their environment and fellow man, you are going to see people that are paranoid and distrustful of anything they are told, regardless of the source. Even if our government had come out and said that we were receiving high levels of radiation, and handed out iodine, or some such, there would still be folks that would think that that was a lie, and that they were giving us the iodine for some hidden, sinister reason. What is a person to do when they don't have the knowledge or skills to find out for themselves, yet can trust nobody else to give them the straight answer? It is sad, really.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eatbliss

The primary issue here is that we all know that something happened, and that radiation did leak, and it had to go somewhere, right?

Honestly, That is not the main issue.

It's not that there was no radiation leakage.... there was.

And it's not that it didn't disperse into the environment, because it did.

The issue here is the amount of radiation that leaked, and the effects OF that radiation.

More specifically, the ignorance of what Radiation IS, it's effects, it's source, and the tedious mathematics for determining the overall radioactivity of the leak.

You see, The amount of radiation that leaked is potentially deadly, if it was all concentrated in one spot, and you are standing right next to it.... there is no getting around the fact.

But the media likes to over-hype the danger that this may represent.

Most of the radiation that leaked went into the Sea, and the Air.... where it was dispersed to harmlessness within a month or two.

The total release of radioactive materials from the fukushima plants isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to the normal rates of radioactivity on the planet earth at all times.

Which brings me back to your statement about everyone's "Agenda"

Now, if we were to take this at face value, and state that the media was just sensationalizing the news because they like to fearmonger to get ratings.... then we would have to ask why they don't also have Month long exposé's on the dangers of mercury in flu shots, or water flouridization, or television flicker rates, or high frequency magnetic fields from power lines or whatever.

So, the question *IS*, why has the media chosen to sensationalize THIS story, and not others?

And just to pre-empt any potential retorts in the vain of the supposed levels of dangerousness... No, unless you actually LIVE in the fukushima exclusion zone, you are not going to be effected by the radiation.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Guys look at this this is some footage of the cleanup efforts going on at the Fukushima plant.

-Alien
edit on 12/20/2011 by Alien Abduct because: to add second video

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

Afterthought, I agree that kelp is your friend, and here is a link to a thread I recently added to the ATS Food and Cooking Forum with suggestions about kelp and lots of other food tips about building up the immune system. I also discuss how to find kelp that in this post-Fukushima world is safe to eat:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you have any other suggestions about radio-protective foods, please add those there. Ditto any unanswered questions. Originally I titled the thread "while waiting for cold shutdown" but in reality there will be airborne and waterborne spread of those radionuclides, food chain etc., for decades to come. Oops, TEPCO roadmap got changed from 30 years to 40 years, per NHK Newsline TV show from Asia. Michio Kaku, the NY University physicist, has said that in reality the Fukushima remediators are making it up as they go because the Fukushima disaster is unprecedented.
edit on 12/20/2011 by Uphill because: Added a sentence.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Uphill

...in reality there will be airborne and waterborne spread of those radionuclides, food chain etc., for decades to come. Oops, TEPCO roadmap got changed from 30 years to 40 years, per NHK Newsline TV show from Asia. Michio Kaku, the NY University physicist, has said that in reality the Fukushima remediators are making it up as they go because the Fukushima disaster is unprecedented.

Worth repeating.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Worth repeating.

"The Ocean is estimated to hold 100,000,000,000,000 kg of Uranium, NATURALLY."

So is this.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Arsenic occurs naturally - doesn't mean it's not deadly in the right concentration, in the right p[lace at the right time.

Think fetal development, for starters. Then think microbial and viral mutation and evolution. Also for starters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join