It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Journal - 14,000 deaths in US tied to Fukushima! = More To Come!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterFasting
Make your body a regeneration and detox center = mostly raw vegan food. Regenerate on cellular level. Look up "liferegenerator" on what eating foods as nature intended them does for you. No other creature cooks their food on this planet.

LOL everytime a vegan says this I have to laugh.. I remember the Futurama episode where vegans taught a Lion to eat only vegies... Vegans are the least healthy people on the planet.. Skinny, pasty and listless... My 1.5yo nephue could beat up the average Vegan...lol

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

edit on 20-12-2011 by boredsilly because: .

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
As Phage said, this study is nonsense.

In a telephone press conference, Mangano said the finding is a "clarion call for more extensive research."

But he told MedPage Today that the researchers can't rule out factors other than the Fukushima radiation that might have accounted for the excess.

"There are probably a variety of factors that could be linked to this excess of 14,000 deaths," he said. "But it does raise a red flag."

On the contrary, any link between the deaths and the radiation released by the reactors is "very, very unlikely" simply because the levels are low, according to Richard Morin, PhD, of the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla.

Morin told MedPage Today that such an acute effect would be unlikely, unless radiation levels were four or five orders of magnitude higher than those reported by Mangano and Sherman, and the whole body of the victim was exposed.

Typically, he said, the effect of low-level ionizing radiation doesn't appear until years after the exposure.

www.medpagetoday.com...

Or in other words, they cherry picked some data to find specific trends they were looking for, then blamed everything on Fukushima.

Mangano's previous work has also been tho roughly debunked.
edit on 20/12/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/12/11 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thebestnr1
www.youtube.com...

yep its a few minutes past twelve
www.youtube.com...

the burning reactors, the japanese flag , puppets[Masters>
all coincedence wright??

sheep

As far as the video you linked to.....Yes. Definitely a coincidence. That was just an incredibly strange and somewhat entertaining video......Use it as an inkblot and try to find meaning in it's surrealness if you want....but there's nothing there...sorry.
The Powers That Be have better things to do than spilling the beans on their nefarious plans in goofy music videos.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
???

shouldn't there be a lot more people dying in BC then if this were true? myself included?

i'm not sure if they could be related, if that number is even factual

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I would *REALLY* love to see the data that they seem to be pretending that it backs up their assertion.

I smell a heaping pile of bull[snip].

They "ESTIMATED" that 14,000 deaths resulted from Fukushima fallout? Really?

How did they arrive at this number? are they *EVER* going to publish the Actual numbers?

oh, and by the way, for all of you Radiation Alarmists quoting the "462 trillion becquerels" number, as if you actually know what it means:

And most people don't even know what a Becquerel is, or even how it relates to a Curie, or a Gray, or a Sievert.

The Ocean is estimated to hold 100,000,000,000,000 kg of Uranium, NATURALLY. (U-238)

1 mole of 238U emits 3×10^6 alpha particles per second. (3,000,000 becquerels)

1 mole of U-238 is about 238 grams.... so that means there are about 12,605,042 becquerels(decays per second) of radiation per kilogram of U-238

So, we multiply 12,605,042 becquerels(decays per second, per kilogram) by 100,000,000,000,000 kg that are in the ocean, and we get:

1,260,504,200,000,000,000,000 becquerels

Contrast that to the "462 trillion becquerels" which is:

462,000,000,000,000 becquerels

So, once again, that is:

1,260,504,200,000,000,000,000 becquerels
vs
462,000,000,000,000 becquerels

OMG IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!

oh wait... no, not even close.
edit on 20-12-2011 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
i think people following this issue should also take into account, info on the newer strains of H1N1 coming out of indonesia. reason being is a plague killing people is not the same as radiation killing people but could be chalked up to being radiation-related deaths or vice-a-versa .. good idea to do diligent research on both and keep tabs on food-related topics as well.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by WaterFasting
Make your body a regeneration and detox center = mostly raw vegan food. Regenerate on cellular level. Look up "liferegenerator" on what eating foods as nature intended them does for you. No other creature cooks their food on this planet.

LOL everytime a vegan says this I have to laugh.. I remember the Futurama episode where vegans taught a Lion to eat only vegies... Vegans are the least healthy people on the planet.. Skinny, pasty and listless... My 1.5yo nephue could beat up the average Vegan...lol

So you have been all over the planet studying vegans?
Can you give us a link to your findings?

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

June 25, 2011
by Janette D. Sherman and Joseph Mangano

We received many responses, some in support of our concerns and some critical about how we used CDC data, including outright ad hominid attacks accusing us of scaremongering and deliberate fraud.

Lol, I'm not surprised. These two clowns should be charged with something. There are laws for everything, but cherry-picking data, critically flawed methodology and deliberate mistruths... well they are fine as long as you are "scientists".

Joe Mangano shows Fox News his "cast iron data".

I think we can all agree... powerful evidence indeed.

edit on 20-12-2011 by zigguratvertigo because: added images

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sadly, Goverments care more about defence than they do saving there own citizens. This year alone the united states have spend over 1 trillion dollars in Iraq and Afghanistan, now...

Again will trend lighty here, but 9/11 was the day we seen just under 3,000 lifes taken from the US.. It was a horrible day for the entier world nevermind the familys of these people.

While I believe in people should be accountable for their crimes we should also take into account the lifes at stake if we presue revenge/justice. Because trillions have been spend I can't help to think how many lifes could of been prevented if the money had been spend in other ways such as improving health care, and prevention of crime rates in the united dates alone. I'm sure more than 3,000 lifes are lost weekly to a monthy basis on internal crime or due to lack of health care.

Had the US had money would of those 13,500 lifes from the fallout been saved?

I wish for the sake of all of us, that these goverements realise wars cost money with resulting in more life.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I'm really not sure I believe it because if it is affecting the U.S.A, it would certainly be affecting those in Japan a lot more.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It will be interesting to see how Janette Sherman and Joseph Mangano have used the data to come to their conclusion. It seems their efforts were not well received earlier this year.

When I plotted a best-fit line to the data (in blue), Excel calculated a very slight decrease in the infant mortality rate. Only by explicitly excluding data from January and February were Sherman and Mangano able to froth up their specious statistical scaremongering.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

On the subject of Fukushima hysteria, here is a guest post by Alexey Goldin. It's a rebuttal of claims, by activists Joseph Mangano and Janette Sherman, that lethal amounts of fallout have reached North America, and that there is a "dramatic increase" in infant mortality in US cities. (!) Of course they have no evidence for a causal link, just correlation. Of course they didn't explain how on earth the microscopic amount of fallout observed in the US could cause any health effects, let alone lethal acute radiation poisoning; or how the obvious symptoms of such a deadly disease are going completely unnoticed. They haven't merely not-demonstrated causation -- they haven't even hit plausibility.

uvdiv.blogspot.com...

Both BLOGS - I never trust BLOGS, they are the work of one man (or woman), and as far as I'm concerned they come mostly from the imagination, not fact.

I'd believe a peer reviewed article by 2 scientists working in this field, over 2 seperate blogs from people who are probably just as under the influence of the people behind the curtain as you are

Thanks,

R

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I think the single most bizarre aspect of the aftermath of Fukushima is watching people deny the seriousness of 3 complete meltdowns, 2 huge explosions (perhaps hydrogen in one case and perhaps nuclear in the other), uncontrolled radiation releases into the ocean, the blowing SKY HIGH of one of the spent fuel pools with hundreds, if not thousands of spent fuel rods - MOX fuel at that - which means plutonium, people! Plutonium!

But naaa, all the nay sayers are probably right. Nothing to see here. No big deal. If you're not within a 10 mile radius of the plant, nothing will happen to you.

I would really love to live in their world - full of rainbows and unicorns, where nothing bad ever happens, even in the face of the worst nuclear accident in history.

So, people can go on believing TEPCO's fantasy tale about cold shutdowns and the end of the accident (though I wish somebody could explain to me how you put melted nuclear fuel laying on (and burning through) the floor of the containment vessel into "cold shutdown"). The true scale of this will make itself known in time.

Nothing can be done now anyway, so sit back and enjoy the show.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The wholesale destruction of our Mother Earth has come about because we have forgotten one simple but eloquent teaching of our Native brothers and sisters: that we are part of the web of life and what we do to one strand reverberates throughout the whole. The whole world is Fukushima now.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
This is important information and I really can't believe the ones who are brushing this off as nothing.

It's not just about the air you're breathing. It's about the food you consume. Especially fish. It's also the water you drink and the rain.

Kelp is your friend.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The author seems to have a history of distorting data, at least according to this pro-nuclear blog that tries to debunk his claims:

nuclearpoweryesplease.org...

Hard to judge without raw data, but I very much doubt the results of this study. Even if there is, any difference in deaths would be insignificant to the point of being hidden in statistical noise, IMHO.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by quedup

We cope with natural radiation, we cope with radiation from nuclear testing, we cope with cosmic radiation. We are surrounded by radiation.
Yep, and part of how we cope with too much radiation is disease and death. To say that we cope with natural and cosmic radiation in the same manner with man made radioactive pollution is a fallacious association.
edit on 12/20/1111 by NoAngel2u because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Cancer isn't that fast. Very much so doubt it.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NoAngel2u

The source of radiation is irrelevant. It all has the same effect on the human body. It is the level which matters.

Radioactive products are scary, especially to people who don't really understand what makes them dangerous.

edit on 12/20/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Dieing has a couple things going for it. You don't need to get out of bed to do it, and no matter where you are, they bring it to you for free.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join