It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality - 63 Year Old Man Loses An Eye For Running A Stop Sign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Of course, I always knew this. I have seen some very heroic cops.
Chances are most of the police force would switch sides in an instant, if most people know how.. i dunno how to explain it..
If people knew the truth, everyone would be out on the streets.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

if you really want to hurt the Cop. Have IA investigate them. Filing a complaint is the fastest way to get the cop on admin leave. That is a bigger injury to the Cop.

That doesn't always work out for the civilian in many departments. Here is a video of folks "trying" to file a complaint against departments and officers and being met with extreme resistance and in some cases, arrested for trying to file a complaint...

Not every department is run the same as your former department may have been. Just saying, your personal experiences on the job in your local area aren't exact across the USA.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
i just chuckle at threads like this - with thier overwhelming proportion of idiots screaming " police brutality " after hearing only one claim

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

That is why there is a path to contact the Elected Chief of Police, the Mayor or the City Attorney.
Being ignorant to the path does not mean all is lost.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well if i was that guy i would follow the old saying 'an eye for an eye.'

He deserves revenge against that scum.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
double.
edit on 19-12-2011 by CharterZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How NOT to get your Ass Kicked by the Police

I presume that this individual missed the aforementioned public service announcement video.

Yes there are 2 sides to every story and YES the LEO are required to uphold the law and are authorized to use force in carrying out their job responsibilities.

But fundamentally we all must abide by the law and it's boundaries....even those Serving in Uniform.

In this case was the level of force used upon said subject necessarily commensurate with the violation involved ?

More to the point is an understanding of the "improper" use of force, which can be divided into two categories: "unnecessary" and "excessive." The unnecessary use of force would be the application of force where there is no justification for its use, while an excessive use of force would be the application of more force than required where use of force is necessary.

This individual having been blinded in one eye as a result of the degree of Force used by the LEO IS evidence of the excessive use of force by the arresting officer and is incommensurate with the nature and degree of the infraction involved.

This individual likely has a case. He only needs a good lawyer who isn't bought and paid for by the local govt.
and courts.

Because that's just the way it works in our Justice system.

Peace

Excerpt from the Department of Justice Website:

www.cops.usdoj.gov...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

in 10 years....

try next year

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
i just chuckle at threads like this - with thier overwhelming proportion of idiots screaming " police brutality " after hearing only one claim

I agree completely. Most cops don't swing unless somebody else swings first. They want to go home at night the same as the rest of us. Same old story here on ATS; Allegation is made. Accepted as True. Judgment is rendered without all the facts.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

I agree completely. Most cops don't swing unless somebody else swings first. They want to go home at night the same as the rest of us. Same old story here on ATS; Allegation is made. Accepted as True. Judgment is rendered without all the facts.

Bull.

There's a 56 minute youtube video that disproves your assumptions about what goes on at ATS. Stop trying to kiss ass of some the cops here.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by Phayte
Does anyone remember the last reports of police heroism in North America where you have felt grateful towards the police?

I don't.

That's because the media and people don't really care to hear about police heroism. I, for one, have been in personal situations where I have felt grateful towards the police. Did anyone care to hear about them? Nope, all they cared about were the latest scandals by the police or the latest scandals involving some random celebrity.

You raise a valid point, but somewhat irrelevant. The police aren't heroes, they are civil servants doing a job. More importantly they are human beings like the rest of us. If they abuse their power then they should be charged like anyone else.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I immediately asked myself the following question after reading the story...If the officer beat him because he was resisting arrest, just WHAT was he being arrested for? Surely if a cop was following him, and said he ran a stop sign, the cop would have caught him before he had time to park his car at a friend's house and walk back to his house.

If the cop could NOT catch him in that time, then that tells me the cop COULD NOT have been behind him in the first place. I don't care if your lights are on or not, if you're a cop and you're not behind me, I am not going to pull over. Why would anyone, if the cop isn't behind them.

Not too long ago my brother and I got pulled over by a really, I will just say "bad" cop. He said we ran a stop sign. This is completely false, and I made it a point to fully stop, behind the stop sign, because there was a cop behind me. I do that anyway.

But the cop's word if GOLDEN. It is ridiculous and I just want to smack some of these stupid officers, who obviously do not deserve any job, much less a job for which they are tasked to serve the public. Instead they beat on the public and abuse their power.

Another thing is that it would NEVER take this much force to subdue a 120 lb. 65 year old, unless he was the bionic man or something, which wasn't apparent to me if he was. He looked like someone I could take down, and I weigh about the same and am definitely out of shape.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Absolutely atrocious, mad mad world this is! I wonder when we're going to hear a story about a cop getting his butt kicked by a civilian... One of these days one of these cops are going to mess with the wrong person...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Really wanna kill them all, those dam pigs deserved to be fried.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phayte
Another victim of the strong arm of the law. To scare and intimidate. The police say he was resisting arrest yet they have failed to charge him with anything??

Reporting of police brutality seemingly vastly outnumbers the reported good deeds of law enforcement by a wide margin.

Does anyone remember the last reports of police heroism in North America where you have felt grateful towards the police?

I don't. I thank the firefighters for their 9-11 cleanup efforts but I don't feel grateful towards NYPD for that day.

Most functions of Modern Police forces have their origins in the KKK. Indiana was a big KKK state. The KKK doesn't look highly on interracial relationships/marriages,

So the KKK,,err police, stepped in and did something about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

not worth it
edit on 21-12-2011 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This kind of stuff pisses me off every thing i can say can be put in one song.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

lol that is funny a hell. (;

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have a problem with the policeman's story. Why didnt he just pull him over with his vehicle after the alleged infraction? I think that the cop on a power trip was "dissed" when man turned his back on him to walk up his steps to the porch....and then he (the cop) "lost it" and started beating the man. I seriously doubt that the frail (120#, diabetic) man was resisting arrest. One of these days a cop is going to pick on a 120# "Bruce Lee" and get his ass kicked and his eye poked out.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join