It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Brutality - 63 Year Old Man Loses An Eye For Running A Stop Sign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
reply to post by Thutmose

Why would a 63 year old man just out of nowhere decide to abandon his vehicle and run from police for no reason? They didn't report his car was stolen, or that he had warrants, or anything other than a traffic stop violation... and he loses an eye?

Seriously???
Had many of people, from all walks of life, all ages and so on run from me when I was a LEO.
The idea that he turned his back on a cop, after a lawful investigation, the Cop has no idea if he is turning around to run, going to get a gun or walking off to go pick flowers.

Don't run from the cops.
The lose of an eye is sad. He should have been compliant.

Seriously??
So LEO's should always consider everyone, no matter body size, type, age, gender, etc., a "worst case scenario" situation all the time? That is over the top ridiculous and causes more problems than cops' lives are saved from the precautionary measures. But of course that's the new America, everyone is a potential serial killer and/or trained rapist terrorist.

So all you cops are all the same on this issue I take it? Shoot first, just to be sure YOU are safe, then ask questions later? That's not protecting & serving the public, that's protecting and serving yourselves under an extremely paranoia base mentality perpetrated onto you guys post 9/11 lies.

Guilty until LEO's deem you innocent, that is the way it really is.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

So LEO's should always consider everyone, no matter body size, type, age, gender, etc., a "worst case scenario" situation all the time?

In a nutshell? Yes.
Everyone is a potential threat.
Until you have been there, you really have no clue.
As a LEO, I was paid to enforce the law and to go home at the end of the day.
Not to make friends or become popular.
Save that for High School.

So all you cops are all the same on this issue I take it? Shoot first, just to be sure YOU are safe, then ask questions later?

Never said that. You stated that.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Doubt a skinny old man would be very much danger to anyone,
This cop should be arrested, and have his own head slammed into a car and concrete.

Karma will return to those who deserve it, he'll get his.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Doubt a skinny old man would be very much danger to anyone,
This cop should be arrested, and have his own head slammed into a car and concrete.

Karma will return to those who deserve it, he'll get his.

And if he had a knife or firearm in his pocket/waistband?
I guess still not a threat.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Everyone is a potential threat. Until you have been there, you really have no clue.

I could say the same about police officers, we never really know if we're coming across a decent officer, or one who abuses his power and has an ego beyond rational thought.
But you guys have the weapons and last word in the matter, all we can do is "obey" every command no matter what or suffer the consequences. I rarely see officers suffering consequences for their illegal actions though.

Why aren't citizens lawfully allowed to exercise "worst case scenario" caution when approached by an officer? WE supposedly fund the departments, WE supposedly put you guys in place to Protect & Serve the public, so why are WE the ones who have to follow your ever changing orders that impede on our liberties?

You do see the slow boiling frog scenario happening toward totalitarianism don't you?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I could say the same about police officers, we never really know if we're coming across a decent officer, or one who abuses his power and has an ego beyond rational thought.

You are absolutely correct. You never know.

But you guys have the weapons and last word in the matter, all we can do is "obey" every command no matter what or suffer the consequences. I rarely see officers suffering consequences for their illegal actions though.

You guys?
Please, instead of knee jerked reactions, go back and read my posts.
If you want to really hurt the officer? Comply. Then file a complaint. The IA investigation is more of a toll then fighting with the cop.

Why aren't citizens lawfully allowed to exercise "worst case scenario" caution when approached by an officer?

Don't know what you are talking about. Cell phones, cameras and so on provide a way to create a better situation. There are many ways to go about this. Too many to list.

WE supposedly fund the departments, WE supposedly put you guys in place to Protect & Serve the public, so why are WE the ones who have to follow your ever changing orders that impede on our liberties?

You do see the slow boiling frog scenario happening toward totalitarianism don't you?

The old argument of "I pay your taxes".

When someone would say that to me, I would reply with "Yes, yes you do."
The laws are created by the elected officials. Maybe get involved with the locality to effect change.

edit on 19-12-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I rarely see officers suffering consequences for their illegal actions though.

Had that been my grandfather, I know of one pig who would have his eye taken out right before the bullet pierced his brain and exited the other side.

Mark my words you LEO out there. It's gonna happen. And probably sooner than later.

edit on 19-12-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

I rarely see officers suffering consequences for their illegal actions though.

Had that been my grandfather, I know of one pig who would have his eye taken out right before the bullet pierced his brain and exited the other side.

Mark my words you LEO out there. It's gonna happen. And probably sooner than later.

edit on 19-12-2011 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

Tough talk on the internet.
So violence for violence?
Ok then.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Tough talk on the internet.
Ok then.

Obviously that is the only way these retards will learn.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Seriously?
Ok then.

Please, after that happens, do let us know how it goes.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It is quite obvious that I would not intend to survive. That is not the point.

So, your questions and comments mean nothing.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Isn't that how you were trained?

Man "resists" arrest......break his nose or cause him to lose an eye.

Maybe you should look in the mirror before accusing others, eh?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Let me get this straight macman:

As far as your violence for violence quote........

It's ok for a man to lose his eye because he turned away from a cop because he MIGHT have had a knife or firearm. (No violence met with extreme violence)

But, it's not ok to retaliate against said LEO?

Your kind of thinking is what is going to cause much harm to good cops out there.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Isn't that how you were trained?

Man "resists" arrest......break his nose or cause him to lose an eye.

Maybe you should look in the mirror before accusing others, eh?

Nope. Not really.
The idea is to contain the person. If they resist, then you get them to comply.
Instead of arm chair quarterbacking the thing, why not wait for at least some investigative evidence. Instead relying on Youtube.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

It is quite obvious that I would not intend to survive. That is not the point.

So, what is the point then?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Not saying violence is good, i hate violence actually.
But some day the LEOs will have to choose sides, Either the side of the people they are meant to serve, or the corporate hand that feeds them. I mean, Look at the OWS protests all over the globe now, and look at the police crackdowns on so many of them, causing severe injury in some cases.

People are going to get pissed one of these days, And i just hope that none of the good officers are in the front lines against those people, i hope they're in the crowd fighting along side us against this police state and fascism, instead of the other way around.

I respect LEOs, they do their job, just like i do mine. But there has to be some lines. If this man had reached in his pocket or something to possibly signify that he had a weapon, you dont need to THROW HIM into a car, and smash his face in the ground. Its as simple as pulling your gun and yelling FREEZE.

No, violence is the only answer for some.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

why not wait for at least some investigative evidence.

Because we all know who will "investigate" and what will come of the "investigation".

Instead relying on Youtube.

Since there is no Youtube video, how can one "rely on Youtube"?

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

So, what is the point then?

To cause the remaining LEO's to maybe think for once.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

why not wait for at least some investigative evidence.

Because we all know who will "investigate" and what will come of the "investigation".

Instead relying on Youtube.

Since there is no Youtube video, how can one "rely on Youtube"?

So no faith in the process leads to Mob Rule?
Have fun with that. Please, let me know the outcome.

Youtube being the medium to deliver the videos, was used more tongue in cheek then anything.

Again, glaze over anything thing I stated.
But, if you really want to hurt the Cop. Have IA investigate them. Filing a complaint is the fastest way to get the cop on admin leave. That is a bigger injury to the Cop.
Or, ignore that and just delve back into the wanting to fight the cop.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Not saying violence is good, i hate violence actually.
But some day the LEOs will have to choose sides, Either the side of the people they are meant to serve, or the corporate hand that feeds them. I mean, Look at the OWS protests all over the globe now, and look at the police crackdowns on so many of them, causing severe injury in some cases.

People are going to get pissed one of these days, And i just hope that none of the good officers are in the front lines against those people, i hope they're in the crowd fighting along side us against this police state and fascism, instead of the other way around.

I respect LEOs, they do their job, just like i do mine. But there has to be some lines. If this man had reached in his pocket or something to possibly signify that he had a weapon, you dont need to THROW HIM into a car, and smash his face in the ground. Its as simple as pulling your gun and yelling FREEZE.

No, violence is the only answer for some.

There are alot more Good cops then Bad.
You just never hear of the good ones on the news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join