It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The future can not be changed

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Almost three years on this bitchen site and I'm still never sure what forum to post under. Pretty sure this one is good tho. Just my philosophy on things to come.

As we watch 2011 fade away into the cold and hardened past. We are all to this day still captivated by the fact
that it can't be changed. The past to this day can't be observed or experienced or changed by any means or in
anyway. I don't believe for one second that it's for a lack of trying either. I site Cern and Einsteins theory of relativity.

But what about the future ? I know many people think that future is what you make it. Although that may be true on an individual basis. In other words your future. But what about world events ? Is the future set in stone just like the past ? I believe it is. Because of one factor I BELIEVE, that during the course of this thread will be revealed.

Some of you can prolly guess what that is, but for now lets start off with whether or not you believe, the future of world events are like the past, set in cold stone..Or if our shaping of our own individual futures and the things we do to manifest those individual futures, have a direct effect on future world events. Do you believe the future oif world events, the things that effect our world and each of us as individuals. Is it ours to mold and shape as can to some extent. Or is the future also set in stone. I look forward to replys.

The inspiration for this thread has been brought to you in part by:

The recent events and debates here on ATS over the passing of the bill to make america a battleground.
and
The NDAA.
Produced by Randyvious Astocometus all rights rewserved to Above Top Secret .com.

Enjoy

edit on 18-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The future can not be changed because it has simply not happened yet,
this is one of those thoughts that hurt to think about, but we already know
that the universe doesn't branch off onto different path's (as far as we know).

The past and present is what shapes the outcome of our future,
but at the end of time we can conclude that Path A happened
so therefore Path A can not be changed. If you catch my drift.

Thank you for my afternoon brain strain

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe "God" is Consciousness creating the Now. Given that, I believe the future "trends;" that is to say We move the Now in the direction of Our co-creation, but that individuals CAN shift the course.

Stone? I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury
The future can not be changed because it has simply not happened yet,
this is one of those thoughts that hurt to think about, but we already know
that the universe doesn't branch off onto different path's (as far as we know).

The past and present is what shapes the outcome of our future,
but at the end of time we can conclude that Path A happened
so therefore Path A can not be changed. If you catch my drift.

Thank you for my afternoon brain strain

Ha Ha your quite welcome Bruce. You found the safe road out I see. What would you say to this ?

I quote myself. " The only thing that is going to happen, is what's supposed to happen".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I believe that both the past and the future can be changed and I have seen an actual timeline jump twice. Witnessed by my husband before I told him.

I'll tell you a weird story. I have had two very real dreams about me and a different timeline, and I was telling my husband on my mobile. When I got to the part about the timeline bit, the phone went dead.

I've heard about spooks and a black box that intercepts phone calls and I think they cut me off. I called my husband right back and said to the spook 'It was just a dream you bl****y idiot'. I was allowed to continue.

So someone else believes that the past can be changed and they are very touchy about it.
But as you don't believe you will not be bothered by the spooks.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I am a believer we all have a destiny. By this I mean that our life is completely known by higher source of power/consciousness. I see this source as having a book of our life written in it, containing our whole path from the beginning to the end, with secondary options.

With that being said, the past, the present and so the future are 3 individuals elements if you look at them individually, but from another perspective these 3 elements are linked, not 2 without 3 they say, so it can relate to the holy trinity, 3 circles joined one another.

Symbol of the holy trinity.

If time is holy to a certain extent, but some people say it is just an illusion, then what really is time?

Talking about relativity, one may say that everything is relative, but if everything is relative (this theory included), it then means that relativity is relative. Mmh ... ?

If relativity is relative, it means absolutes are possible. One may say no no no, but this is absolutely relative from his point of view. If something is absolutely relative, it then means reciprocally that it is absolutely relative.

Where do I try to get by all this? Well, do not you see how much duality is present in what i just wrote?

It relates right there with destiny. If we are here living in a world of almost constant duality what is the meaning of destiny?

One must know that the best way to understand how valuable something is (unity), is to experience its complete opposite (duality).

Yes ATSers, I just said it. I believe we are here to experience duality, as a specie, in order that we reach unity (a bit of rhyme here).

Just my thoughts, hate it or love it, because sooner or later you will understand it

Thruthseek3r

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Ha Ha your quite welcome Bruce. You found the safe road out I see. What would you say to this ? I quote myself. " The only thing that is going to happen, is what's supposed to happen"

Define "supposed". Are you saying that whatever our future holds is all for a higher purpose?
In that case, I would have to say I doubt it. But it has definitely crossed my mind a few times
before. My statement would be.

"The past has happened and we can not change the past, the future has not happened
but will. And once it has happened it will be in the past, and the past we can not change."

It's hard to make sense of that but please bare with it.
edit on 18-12-2011 by BruceEFury because: quote fix

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The future can't be changed because it is not being observed at this time, the past, the present and the future are all one and the same.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Not at all, I think what you say is easily understood and makes perfect sense.

Now enter Supposed - pre ordained. Foretold, prophesied.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My firm belief is that the big things are set in stone, but it's your choice as to how you get there. I believe that our "goals" are set in stone, but the path that we take to get there is strictly of our own choice.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by BruceEFury

Not at all, I think what you say is easily understood and makes perfect sense.

Now enter Supposed - pre ordained. Foretold, prophesied.

Random Prophecies = Thoughtful guessing,

But in the past A happened because of B.
Predictions should only be tooken seriously
when it has already happened from a known cause.

From a very known quote "The past is bound to repeat itself".

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randy, there's small doubt about changing the past - it's laid out just how it happened but we can all misremember and reinvent how we interpret it all. Doesn't change anything apart from our understanding.

As for the future; who knows?

We've got the power to influence it in the smallest of ways. I like to think that we're carried along on a river of possibilities whereby we can't alter where the flow takes us, but we can avoid some of the whirlpools and rocks in our way if we paddle hard enough.

Altogether, I don't think the future can be changed because it doesn't exist yet. If I thought my beliefs had any impact on it, I'd be competing with the other 7 billion occupants to believe even harder.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
the future can not b changed bc it is the past

the concept of future is of what is never present then to nothing negative freedom meaning always being the future of its past conception being nothing

future is superiority concept of nothing conceived as past to mean freedom stillness constancies through superiority concept as only way to stay as it is

only what is present change, while what is present is what is always superior so objective positive constancy which is truth concept for anything true, the abstraction of positive end out of superiority freedom is the reason of present change, when positive object is abstract and superiority present is free then reality is always different while from what is always objective and constantly true

truth is free which explain how what u say is also true whatever u say is u truly, but it is not objectively positive constant
like also any matter is objectively positive that is how all matters are free through realities constant livings, but not out of true free constant superior reason

present is only when truth freedom and truth objective is one, when superior fact through positive constancy is existing

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
present is when constancy is absolutely true, then present exist as an object absolute constant while different free senses are out constancy positive value abstractions as being true too through present realisations as being real

truth is free then what look like existing is not true

also truth is free then truth is not present

also truth is free then any free sense is true

truth is free is present when truth is free is one word not relativity between two different blocs truth and freedom

when what is objective is superior and when what is out alone is superior too

so absolutely present is absolute positive superiority, one is superior to all positivities and one is positive to all superiorities

present is what prove absolute truth existence, object fact, where absolute else is same reason

all is else to one and one is else to all

logically one is never all in anyway perspective, and all is never one in all ways objective

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
the future can not b changed bc it is the past

the concept of future is of what is never present then to nothing negative freedom meaning always being the future of its past conception being nothing

future is superiority concept of nothing conceived as past to mean freedom stillness constancies through superiority concept as only way to stay as it is

only what is present change, while what is present is what is always superior so objective positive constancy which is truth concept for anything true, the abstraction of positive end out of superiority freedom is the reason of present change, when positive object is abstract and superiority present is free then reality is always different while from what is always objective and constantly true

truth is free which explain how what u say is also true whatever u say is u truly, but it is not objectively positive constant
like also any matter is objectively positive that is how all matters are free through realities constant livings, but not out of true free constant superior reason

present is only when truth freedom and truth objective is one, when superior fact through positive constancy is existing

Man, if I'm understading this correctly. You're saying that truth, altho grounded in the past as being the way things were and/or what happened. The truth can also be told about the futrure because truth is infinite. Meaning
it lives forever. The truth is alive because it is infinite

If I got that right I'm going to be strutten for a month.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I don't think the future can be changed because it doesn't exist yet.

How are you Kandy ?
Here's a question for you. When or where does the future exist ? Certainly not in the past and certainly not in the the future. So the future must exist with us in the present ? Yes that is a question. Also how can the future actually ever exist if at the moment it has happened it has already slipped into the past where it then does exist ? I think this demonstrates one very screwed up conclusion. Time is not relative to our consciousness or existence.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
This futurey thing seems to change into this pastey thing by some mysterious process which makes me think something is going on.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

no i was clearly meaning that what u call future is the past actual way of constant free relative existence through its own truth life, being nothing freedom heridating the truth, when truth is free then past is free constant future will to its fact past before being free senses

as i clearly meant to justify, only present change bc it exists
future is never present bc it is always the past and past is by definition before present before what exist before existence conception as a matter of fact true

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
change conception is not what u have in mind about it

change is what circulate so what exists, that is why we have a reality of its concept in money change

so change is to the realities accomodities to what is always constant as truth is actually constancy fact and issues, what is constant is the reason of individual freedoms as what is constant is of absolute constancy concept which is by definition inherently always absolutely free

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Small personal bits and pieces of the future can be changed quite easily, but when it comes to the bigger broader picture it is much harder to change.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join