It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity, is it child emotional abuse?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

reply to post by SuperiorEd

I tried, but could only make it through 5 min 39 sec of this video.

Not interesting, its just simply about a survey
OF catholics, BY catholics

and tell your preacher that love is NOT defined by your church, also love can exist without your church.
edit on 22-12-2011 by vogon42 because: (no reason given)

Church is not the producer of love. God has this distinction. All things express truth. Truth is the reason for the existence of all created things. The mind cannot conceive of things apart form existence. What the human mind reasons about is a glimmer off the edge of some truth.

If we knock, the door is opened. Church is the place of the eternally opened door. God is what we find when we knock. From outside or inside the doors of the church, the full significance of any truth can only be understood when seen in its correct perspective and proper relationship with all other aspects. Only God achieves this. Reception of this perspective is dependent on the clearness of perception. Perception is modified by pre-conceived prejudice already in the mind. What are the objects or motives for which truth is sought?

Here is how I see it clearly: LINK

edit on 23-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Uh...dude, please READ, before you respond. Why is it if I make a statement about LOVE, you respond with some long spew about TRUTH?
Do you understand they are two different words?
Are you avoiding the question?

Hey
SpecialEd
This was a question for you.
Hello.......are you out there??

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

... Would it be fair for me to claim your unique path as child abuse? Of course not. You are the captain of your ship. As you judge me for taking my kids to church, you deny your own reasoning.

OK, so instead of deflecting the question there.... Just answer these two questions for me.

1). has your religion blinded you to what child abuse is
2). has your religion taught you that child abuse is OK

Keep in mind, you saw the video, and I am not requesting some 2 page spew deflecting the facts. Just a YES or NO answer.

let me repeat the questions so you under stand them
1). do you know what child abuse is
2). does your god tell you child abuse is OK

(again, please don't sidestep the question, just give an answer)

And....here is the other one eddie....did you not see this? Are you capable of answering the two quesions, or are you too busy abusing children?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Now you say I am saying you are vile? nasty, mean.. etc..exaggerate much?

Would you like me to publish the u2u in which you did that?

Or the one in which I apologized for calling Deb ignorant trash, which was your main problem with me that you threw on here numerous times, and offered my forgiveness for your lashing out at me for having said it?

Or the one in which you acknowledged we were reconciled?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

... Would it be fair for me to claim your unique path as child abuse? Of course not. You are the captain of your ship. As you judge me for taking my kids to church, you deny your own reasoning.

OK, so instead of deflecting the question there.... Just answer these two questions for me.

Keep in mind, you saw the video, and I am not requesting some 2 page spew deflecting the facts. Just a YES or NO answer.

1) The Baptist faith and message is not child abuse.
2) No.

Before you throw out a random verse on what you perceive as child abuse, let me share the correct perspective.

God stands against those who steal, kill and destroy. Divine justice demands long-suffering. Jesus said, "You must be born again." God has the power over birth and death. We are not here merely for our own benefit. The overall picture is our lives and not our life.

Souls are born into this world to learn and gain union with God. Gaining union requires that we are born again into a new life. The symbol of baptism is our immersion into the material world. Find this in John 3. We all represent all the generations past and present. A soul cannot die, although the temporal person will die and is mortal. Judgment follows each person's life. Death is a transition back to the water or on to spirit. The soul that occupies the person is under God's shepherding and can never die. We often judge the circumstances of God's choice to give or take away life. In the end, we are the witness and not the judge. He is righteous and just.

We will not fault God. We can only fault our perspective of Him. We are here to learn this correct perspective. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We do all three to gain admiration for God in retrospect. Love for God allows our spirit to transcend this realm of water for the next.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

You have to understand wildtimes.. that Christians who go by the word of God.. cannot become open minded and accept any other beliefs..because it goes against the fundamental teachings of the bible...and goes against what Christ teaches. What don't you get about that?

Cannot? Why not? If you believe that even at death's door one can accept and be saved, then why would you not support others who are trying to understand the Holy Spirit in another way!

Do you think Jesus Christ came up with all that stuff himself? He learned it from other wisemen, and from careful thought, prayer, and study of the philosophies and enlightenment of others. What do you not get about that?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

1) The Baptist faith and message is not child abuse.
2) No.

Before you throw out a random verse on what you perceive as child abuse, let me share the correct perspective.

God stands against those who steal, kill and destroy. Divine justice demands long-suffering. Jesus said, "You must be born again." God has the power over birth and death. We are not here merely for our own benefit. The overall picture is our lives and not our life.

Souls are born into this world to learn and gain union with God. Gaining union requires that we are born again into a new life. The symbol of baptism is our immersion into the material world. Find this in John 3. We all represent all the generations past and present. A soul cannot die, although the temporal person will die and is mortal. Judgment follows each person's life. Death is a transition back to the water or on to spirit. The soul that occupies the person is under God's shepherding and can never die. We often judge the circumstances of God's choice to give or take away life. In the end, we are the witness and not the judge. He is righteous and just.

We will not fault God. We can only fault our perspective of Him. We are here to learn this correct perspective. Confucius said, "I hear and I forget. I see and I learn. I do and I understand." We do all three to gain admiration for God in retrospect. Love for God allows our spirit to transcend this realm of water for the next.

OK, I understand now SpecialEd....
so to make it clear to YOU......
your answer to question #1 is NO

Thats too bad, perhaps one day you will find a religion that lets you know what child abuse is.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

"OH..me SpecialEd

SpecialEd make children cry because it makes me feel powerful, and spiritual....."

Do your realize how SICK you are Ed??

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Born Again Into A New Life>>>>>>>>>>>....Here On Earth.

We represent all generations past and present because we are the same souls, born again and again, our immortal souls returning to learn the next lesson until we have a clear understanding of the divine and are prepared to enter the Divine Realm.
The Divinity is righteous and just, and sends us back over and over and over to continue to learn LOVE and TOLERANCE and KINDNESS and the UNIVERSAL ONENESS to which we all belong, and from which we all come. I was brought up in a Protestant faith, and at the tender age of 12 or so, THIS was what the Holy Spirit told me.

Just so happens it's also what Jesus said! You aren't "born again" until you die, return to spirit, and then, with the help of your spirit guides and angels, decide what is going to be your next lesson ON EARTH. That is what Jesus learned, and what he taught.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wildtimes, simple question:

Who is Jesus Christ (YAHUSHUA)?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Cannot? Why not? If you believe that even at death's door one can accept and be saved, then why would you not support others who are trying to understand the Holy Spirit in another way! Do you think Jesus Christ came up with all that stuff himself? He learned it from other wisemen, and from careful thought, prayer, and study of the philosophies and enlightenment of others. What do you not get about that?

Jesus was guided by the Holy Spirit..that is how He came up with this stuff..

You are making up your own reality to the life of Christ.. I suggest you read the writing of maria Voltaire if you want a true depiction of the life of Jesus.

I will continue to pray for you.. and i will continue to take my teachings of Christ from those who I feel are guided by the Holy Spirit.

I hope you don't feel I am crucifying you by feeling that way.. but it is a choice I must make.

( you need to read what added to my last post.. because I had to show the truth and reality of what you were wrong about..and tried to tell others on this thread.)

edit on 24-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Edit: i went back and re read closely the u2u's you sent me.. Not one apology to me.. but you did say this..

Did you go back and reread the ones you sent ME? That were your retaliation on the part of a total stranger?

I guess I was, again, unable to get across to you the idea of reconciliation. I am not lying. You are trying to paint me as evil and cruel and damned and judgmental, when I stretched to the limits of my ability to come to peace with you. I thought we had got there, and would move on. Guess I was, again, mistaken. And then blindsided by the retraction of your proclaimed understanding.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Just so happens it's also what Jesus said! You aren't "born again" until you die, return to spirit, and then, with the help of your spirit guides and angels, decide what is going to be your next lesson ON EARTH. That is what Jesus learned, and what he taught.

Why are you lying about what Jesus said?.. Jesus has never preached reincarnation.

Wildtimes.. i fear for you.. because it is one thing to lie about yourself and others..but when you start bringing Jesus into the mix..and 'reteaching" what He has said..then you are treading on Holy ground..so beware.

He warned Christians about people like you..in scripture.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Brilliant guy, a seeker of the truth, born about 2000 years ago in Palestine. At the age of 13ish, went east to study in the Himalayas, came back with an understanding of enlightenment he learned from the great teachers there. He was gifted, and they referred to him as St Essa. Returned to his homeland at age 28 to spread the word of the enlightened, was misunderstood, held to be a threat, and murdered.

One of several admirable and noble souls who had attained the highest level of spiritual awareness.

His words were then edited, twisted, re-arranged, and misrepresented by "Church" leaders to the populace in order to control them.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

Thats too bad, perhaps one day you will find a religion that lets you know what child abuse is.

My answer to one is NO, my religion has not blinded me from what child abuse is. The false Catholic leadership reminds us of this clearly. So, in answer to your two trick questions, see my previous sentences. We all have the choice to deceive or to cling to truth. I have not tried to trap you. Are you trying to trap me?

edit on 24-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Don't fear for me, dear. Continue your education outside of that one book. There are enormous volumes of available literature.
Gabby, yes, he did. Do some further reading. Look into the gnostics, the original Christians. Look into actual history by researchers and scholars.

Or don't. Whatever. See you when we all get there.
Reincarnation and the Bible

One of the reasons many Christians reject the validity of near-death testimony is because they sometimes appear to conflict with their interpretation of Christian doctrines. But Christians are usually very surprised to learn that reincarnation was a doctrine once held by many early Christians. Not only that, as you will soon see there is overwhelming evidence in the Bible of Jesus himself teaching it.

edit on 24-12-2011 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Would you like me to publish the u2u in which you did that? Or the one in which I apologized for calling Deb ignorant trash, which was your main problem with me that you threw on here numerous times, and offered my forgiveness for your lashing out at me for having said it? Or the one in which you acknowledged we were reconciled?

I tried to sincerely apologize to you wildtimes.. and you just said in a previous post you apologized to me..which you never did.

Now because I have offered a heartfelt apology does this mean to have to agree with everything you say in your judgement against others?.. obviously it seems I do ..or else I am accused of being arrogant close minded judgmental.. and the list goes on..

edit on 24-12-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

"OH..me SpecialEd

SpecialEd make children cry because it makes me feel powerful, and spiritual....."

Do your realize how SICK you are Ed??

The lowest you can go is to twist what I said by lies. Quote me in context.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

okay, again with the paranoid delusion that mods are interfering here?

gabby, really. Please go back to my last, which I just edited to give you a link and a quoted text that may help you understand that I am not lying.

Peace, sister.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by vogon42

My answer to one is NO, my religion has not blinded me from what child abuse is. The false Catholic leadership reminds us of this clearly. So, in answer to your two trick questions, see my previous sentences. We all have the choice to deceive or to cling to truth. I have not tried to trap you. Are you trying to trap me?

edit on 24-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

Oh little eddie......let me remind you of what the questions are....please stick with us....and try to comprehend. If there are some words too big for your bible, please let us know.

Take your time and think....

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well, here it is again. In case you can't bothered, here are sources to back up my statement.

Don't fear for me, dear. Continue your education outside of that one book. There are enormous volumes of available literature.
Gabby, yes, he did. Do some further reading. Look into the gnostics, the original Christians. Look into actual history by researchers and scholars.

Or don't. Whatever. See you when we all get there.
Reincarnation and the Bible

One of the reasons many Christians reject the validity of near-death testimony is because they sometimes appear to conflict with their interpretation of Christian doctrines. But Christians are usually very surprised to learn that reincarnation was a doctrine once held by many early Christians. Not only that, as you will soon see there is overwhelming evidence in the Bible of Jesus himself teaching it.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join