It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me the proof!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This sub-forum is riddled with people of all walks of life espousing their beliefs to others. For some it is about sharing, for others it is a game of mental conquest. A chess match whereby participants wage their intellectual prowess against other combatants in hopes of vanquishing their own idea of being right, or righteousness, however one choses to perceive it.

Let's take a break from all the usual BS. I am not out to challenge anyone's beliefs. That is not why I come here.

I come here to see what you ACTUALLY believe. Does your actions mirror your words.

This is truth afterall! When your actions mirror your words! That is honesty and THAT IS TRUTH.

So, if you say Jesus is lord, do you do what he says?

If you say Allah is all merciful, do you show infinite mercy?

If you believe Budha laid out the path to enlightenment, is the releaving of suffering your number one priority?

If you believe that Brahma created all things in it's glory, do you still perceive things as "untouchable"?

If you believe in logic and reason and even science, do you Love and nurture those around you as it has been proven to lead to a healthier state of being physically, emotionally, and dare I say spiritually?

Do you really believe the crap you say on these forums, or is it just empty words that you store as ammunition to defeat unknowing opponents?

So, close the books and consider this test time.

Judgement day if you will.

Be your own judge and look at what you preach.

Do you really, with every fiber of your being, believe the tripe you say?

Or are your words a sacred reflection of the action you put into this world?

There is no need to prove it to me.

I'll look for your proof in the world around me.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I fail from time to time, but on the whole I keep as much as I can and try to improve myself,

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Excellent rant ...I am not very good at doing what Jesus said or completely understanding what his Apostles wrote ...But I do search for the truth and try and do good ...I suppose most people would say the same ....Hey ,when I compare my life and thoughts to yester years I do notice a switch for the better so in a sense I am coming out of the darkness moving towards the light ..peace Its a hard forum with many ready to pounce on any word or idea someone might be trying share ...

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
reply to post by IAMIAM

I fail from time to time, but on the whole I keep as much as I can and try to improve myself,

The only thing a man can fail at is not asking for help when he needs it.

Thanks for the honest answer my friend. You are not alone. I too need help from time to time doing what I know is right. At those times, I ask for help from trusted family.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Let me be the first to give You a star !! And hopefully everyone will put there money where their mouth is on this one !! I will be as honest as possible , for myself I grew up with a very strong catholic upbringing being a Canadian French catholic . My Father passed away when I was 11 and ever since I lost all faith I had . I come across to others as being tolerant and non judgmental but deep down I'm not ! I can be dishonest when the situation presents itself , I've had affairs in previous relationships , haven't been the best father , brother , friend I could be ? So as far as my faith right now goes I'm on the fence , there must be something greater than us all but right now I have not defined that yet ? It could be aliens , my god of my youth , or something I haven't even thought of yet ? Being an alcoholic it's in our program to believe in a higher power , for now it's been the love and support of my family and friends which has worked well for me for 4 years ! Whether having had a real belief in a religion would have changed my life I probably will never know , but someday I hope to have a belief in something ? Thanks for the excellent thread and a Merry Christmas to all my fellow ATSers !!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Nobody measures up, but I'm sure the OP knows, or at least, suspects that. I just hope the rest of us comprehend it when reminded. I'm here to learn and to share.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i think most people follow their beleifs about 60-70% of the time, the other 30-40% they are acting on their emotions and lashing out. i know that i am sometimes guilty of this, i try to stick to what i beleive but after a particulaly bad day i do tend to lash out at people online...... but only coz they cant beat me up for it lol

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lazarus Short
Nobody measures up, but I'm sure the OP knows, or at least, suspects that. I just hope the rest of us comprehend it when reminded. I'm here to learn and to share.

I believe people measure up to what they believe my friend. What I am saying is people do not believe what they say they believe.

When you believe something, there is nothing that can sway you from that belief.

I believe that jumping off the Empire State building will result in the demise of this physical body. I will do all that I can to NOT jump off that building. Most believe as I do and would equally resist jumping off said building. We do not need proof. We do not need a sermon on it. We have it sufficiently in our minds that this is so.

The same with fire. I know it burns. I believe it will hurt if I touch it. Even without my belief, it is true.

So, I do not put my hand in fire and no force on this earth can make me do so willingly.

That is belief.

When you believe something, that belief guides your actions without fail.

Which brings back the original question of if one actually believes what they say they do.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

How can any of us prove to you that we hold a certain belief system? At the end of the day don't you still need to take our words in regards to what we believe?

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Some would suppose that this thread is an attempt to destroy faith. Well that is not the purpose in reality. I have not come to destroy one's faith, but to restore it, Not faith in any particular religion or creed, Not faith in any particular God or dogma, but faith in the most fundamental of truths, yourself.

Let's be honest about things for a moment. In your day to day activities, do you honestly think at every turn "What would so and so do?". Pick your prophet and honestly consider if their words guide your every thought?

NO.

YOU have a conscience and YOUR conscience guides you.

Where we run into problems with each other is when we assume OUR conscience should be the rule and guide for everyone else. Of course our conscience says we should right?

Sometimes we must remind our conscience that it rules only ourselves.

Such a non-judgemental approach causes other consciences to open up to you. Then you will understand how such a beautiful guiding voice as our own conscience can guide others to do what appear to be horrendous deeds.

Our conscience has but one imparative. Keep you alive! It's soul mission is to protect you from harm, to SAVE you.

It will do so by what ever means it learns in this world.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
How can any of us prove to you that we hold a certain belief system? At the end of the day don't you still need to take our words in regards to what we believe?

I take no man's word my friend. I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Through those I can assess what a Man believes.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

How can we ever understand what being all good is all about?

To be able to understand what being all good is all about; You have to know something about morality and moral values. I would say morality and moral values are the bases for understanding all religion.

We humans understand morale values very good, even a psychopath know moral values.

To question our morality and moral values, people have to question the system/religion which they have chosen to live under, if it is moral and equal to all life.

God gave us the authority to be the keepers of all life. Being the keepers of all life is not just about human life and human values. Its about how we choose the standard and values of all life.

- Each nation have its own system of moral standards and moral values.

- Does the created system we have chosen to live under, have the morale standard that gives all life equal values?

No, our chosen system is a selfish system that is strictly about human chosen values. The Bible is about chosen human values.
It is not a good book to be teaching humans about being all good and moral. The Bible is not a good book to teach humans how to be good keepers of all life. Religion teaches us to sacrifice the value of life in the name of God.

How can we be good moral keeper if we have to sacrifice life?

If we have to make sacrifices we have not learned anything. Sacrificing life is not a moral standard. It is a standard that we should never have had to do. If we have to sacrifice; something is very wrong about how we have chosen to be good keepers of morality and moral values.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

OK
Seems there is no need to post anything on this thread, then.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by IAMIAM

OK
Seems there is no need to post anything on this thread, then.

Exactly my point!

You do not believe that or you would not have posted!

Sheesh

or thank you for making my point.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Your "point" seems to be asking

Does your actions mirror your words.
where my answer would be: My words ARE my actions.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Greetings, IAMIAM, I will be happy to respond. I do not write empty words, in fact, some of what I say I really wish were not true, but it is. I practice what I preach, so to say, in that I think and walk the Path I have chosen, Harming none, Helping all, and educating all who listen.
I am a seeker. I seek information, any or all of it, on most any subject matter you can think of. I try to get others to read, study, and research, everything. I take nothing on blind faith. I am a born septic in many things, and can see the conspiracy wherever it may be. I see no Establishment as Infallible, or above the Law, or above Reason and Logic.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

I take no man's word my friend. I have eyes to see and ears to hear. Through those I can assess what a Man believes.

With Love,

Your Brother

That's fine and dandy, but you asked us to "show" you "proof" that we hold a certain belief system. I'm not sure how that is even feasible. At the end of the day, since you most likely don't know any of us in the real world then doesn't our proclamation have to be taken at face value?

I'm struggling with how I can prove anything to someone else on the internet.
edit on 17-12-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I try to do as Jesus commanded. I try pretty hard and i do fail at times. I can admit my shortcomings and faults at least. I took a good long look inside and i still have room for improvement. I think i can spend the rest of my life trying to correct the wrong i have done and sometimes still do. Gaurding your thoughts and actions against the destroyer isn't the easiest task i have ever done. Its a constant battle and one i grow weary of often. It would be so easy to slip back into my old life. It is so very hard to reject temptation sometimes. All i can do is hope Jesus saves me on his grace because if he doesn't then i am screwed beyond hope.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I'm struggling with how I can prove anything to someone else on the internet.

This is my point. You cannot prove anything to anyone with words.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by IAMIAM

I try to do as Jesus commanded. I try pretty hard and i do fail at times. I can admit my shortcomings and faults at least. I took a good long look inside and i still have room for improvement. I think i can spend the rest of my life trying to correct the wrong i have done and sometimes still do. Gaurding your thoughts and actions against the destroyer isn't the easiest task i have ever done. Its a constant battle and one i grow weary of often. It would be so easy to slip back into my old life. It is so very hard to reject temptation sometimes. All i can do is hope Jesus saves me on his grace because if he doesn't then i am screwed beyond hope.

Jesus set a pretty high bar by most people's standard my friend. Jesus never asked anyone to live by the bar he set. No one has to. He fulfilled that part of prophecy which he was created to fulfill.

How do you guard against your own thoughts? Did you create a single one of them?

Isn't that really just trying to conform your own thoughts to what another's expectations are for them?

What temptations do you struggle with if you are comfortable sharing?

With Love,

Your Brother

top topics

<<   2 >>

join