It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Triangle craft over Manchester UK .

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that the RAF operated back-engineered stealth triangles.

It's a strange situation. If it is a top secret US military craft in British airspace then it would be intercepted by QRA.

It may then be the case that the RAF is aware of this craft and others like it, probably call it the Dorito or something similar, and are well-informed about it's flight schedule.

Perhaps then MOD personnel have been maintaining and servicing the human copycat spaceship at that "abandoned" base up in Scotland like they do at Boscombe Down as well. (That is were the Aurora crashed on the runway, prompting an emergency cover up with the area secured by the SAS).

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I also live in manchester, never saw the object but it was probably this.

en.wikipedia.org...

I seriously doubt the US would be flying experimental aircraft over UK airspace, especially a major city, haven't you guys got a big desert in nevada for that kind of thing

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Glad I could help clear that up. I wasn't 100% sure what you meant when you said "junk", but you are quite right that natural objects could be called that.

There is a chance that it was not a Geminid of course, but it does seem a likely possibility given your description and the timing.

Give observing the shower next year a go if you can - unlike this years shower, next year's will be moon free, which is important since the moon cuts the amount of meteors observed dramatically.

The size of the meteoroids is also predicted to increase with time, which means that the meteors should get bigger, longer, and brighter each year. It's already arguably regarded as being the strongest and most consistent visual night time annual meteor shower of the year. Anyway, just a little heads up that it's one to keep an eye on

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I live on the north wales border with england not far from the M56. Back in August I witnessed 3 dim orange lights fly overhead at an amazing speed. There is no way what I saw could of been passed off as a secret military plane etc due to the fact these lights were 'REVOLVING' around each other like parts of an atom! I wrote a report here www.uk-ufo.co.uk... The way you say they were dim is very significant because the ones I saw were a very dim orange, like lampost orange. Iv had idiot friends try and persuade me they were lanterns or weather balloons, but thats only once theyve unglued there eyes off the 'reality tv shows'.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Goosegash

It is interesting how many things are sighted on a cig break. However, when having a cigarette in the UK , it is customary, nay , the law, that one be outside in order to consume it. I would posit therefore that the time a person is most likely to see something is when they are outside, rather than when they are under a roof. Although I like having a roof over my head as much as the next person, thier opacity does not lend itself to examination of the night sky, or any of its strange contents nearly as well as being outside does.

I was walking down the street mid week of last week, and saw a bright golden bolt shoot across the sky , almost so fast as to leave one with the impression that one was suffering an artifact of madness or hallucination, and had I been indoors , I would have missed it entirely. I am still not sure what it was, although I would have thought it was some sort of space debris kissing the edge of the atmosphere at extreme pace, before hurtling off into the cosmos.

Cigarette breaks are moments of introspection and reflection, an almost meditative moment for some, in amongst a working life of hectic insanity. Since the dawn of thought , mankind has in such moments, focused his eyes on the heavens, in an unconcious attempt to make some sense of the world around them, by remembering the scale of all that exists, and remembering our place with in the gargantuan thing that is the universe. It is little wonder that people spend more time looking up when partaking of such a past time ,if one thinks about the motivations for the subliminal behaviors we engage in when in that mode.

ha-ha I like your post the way u worded it makes me smile, anyways, too much light pollution down here I got no chance of seeing anything..... whalecum to Milton Keynes!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Absolutely gutted I missed that....... I'm in Trafford and didn't go out as I normally do for lunch. Wish I could back you up mate.

Keep looking up Manchester.

Remirah

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unrivaled1
There have been many sightings of triangle craft over the uk.

Here's a good video of one over Southampton ( gotta love the commentary )

Notice they rotate while hovering.

Peace

Sorry, This Southampton 'UFO' is a solar balloon, made from black plastic. you can make one yourself from binbags or can buy bigger ones. If you search here on ATS there are threads on this 'UFO'. I seem to remember a local university was releasing them for weather research.

www.solar-balloons.com...

As for The manchester sighting, I'm peeved I didn't see it, will be keeping my eyes open. In fact I do often look up here in Manchester but never see anything unusual. I did see an orange zig-zagging UFO near Rochdale many years ago and two Orb type UFO's in North Wales a few years ago. As it was dark all I could see where the lights, who knows if they were triangular?

My Ufo's went in the direction of the sea and an airforce base. I don't suppose anyone could say why they fly were they do, as we haven't confirmed what they are exactly.

Thanks for sharing the sighting.

edit on 20-12-2011 by DrHammondStoat because: dodgy link

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
hello!

first, what you did not see whats a triangle, what you did see was 3 lights in the sky in a formation, your brain fills in the blanks which makes this a triangle.

there are a good few groups of satellites out there, the best ones to find into on are the noss duo's and triplets, these groups of satellites are used for tracking millitary ships at sea, this is why they orbit in foormations which are used to trinagulate (or the 2 point equivelent).

i was reading not to long ago that a few other non NOSs sets of sat's have been going up lately for things like GPS ... the only kicker is that these kind of sat's are used for security purposes so you will not find them listed on satellite tracking sites.

hope this helped
... i have yet to see a set in person, its one of my biggest things i want to see in the night sky!

edit : ive just seen alot of the speculation on it being top secret aircraft, tr-b3 and so on ... people, as i said before the important past of this story is that only lights were seen in the sky, No Craft was actualy seen.

As absolutely awesome as it would be if it turned out to be a top secret / alien aircraft, fact is its 99% in the favor of not being anything top secret, one main tell that it is not a top secret is that it was flying over a pupolated area when there is way safer non populated areas they would actualy test these things , like at sea or over deserts!

use logic ... and search NOSS triplets (also search ATS for reference to NOSs aircraft and cases where 3 lights in the sky that looks like a triangle was actualy a noss triplet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.satobs.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 20-12-2011 by boaby_phet because: more information was needed to steer this post in the right path away from fantasy and into reality.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Saw a UFO in Manchester thread last month and it turned out to be the Goodyear Blimp on its way back or to a football game. Just thought I'd add that...

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
first, what you did not see whats a triangle, what you did see was 3 lights in the sky in a formation, your brain fills in the blanks which makes this a triangle.

I've been waiting a while to see someone post this regarding triangle sightings, and it's good to see someone finally has

I completely agree. Arrange any three points of light (or whatever) and they can only make a triangle or a line.

Because there are usually few if any other visual points of reference in the sky, our brains will assume that there is something joining up those points, and someone observing them could easily perceive the three light sources as being physically connected and part of an apparently solid object.

All kinds of light sources could potentially create this illusion, including satellites, aircraft, stars, etc. I personally don't think it was a NOSS triplet as from what I can recall, there are no triplets remaining, only pairs, but perhaps I am mistaken.

However I would not be surprised if there were other triplets up there that I am not aware of, and the OP's description of dim lights that were close together and moving at a brisk pace fits the description of a triplet of satellites. I have only seen the NOSS triplet on one occasion over a decade ago now, and how the OP described them is exactly how I would describe them.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

use logic ... and search NOSS triplets (also search ATS for reference to NOSs aircraft and cases where 3 lights in the sky that looks like a triangle was actualy a noss triplet.

psst..there's a video of NOSS triplets on the 1st page

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

then why are people still talking as if the aliens and cia are teaming up to take over the world with secret technology when its pretty obvious from past evidence what this is?

@CHUD

i believe there is one NOSS triplet still in orbit along with the doubles (as far as i read a few months ago) ...

I also believe their are some new formations which went up in the last few months, i am checking up that info just now as i forget what country is launching them.

edit on 21-12-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-12-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Sound similar to a sighting I had in November, 2007 in the Manchester area.

Here's a link to the report.

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROYALREPTILE
I live on the north wales border with england not far from the M56. Back in August I witnessed 3 dim orange lights fly overhead at an amazing speed. There is no way what I saw could of been passed off as a secret military plane etc due to the fact these lights were 'REVOLVING' around each other like parts of an atom! I wrote a report here www.uk-ufo.co.uk... The way you say they were dim is very significant because the ones I saw were a very dim orange, like lampost orange. Iv had idiot friends try and persuade me they were lanterns or weather balloons, but thats only once theyve unglued there eyes off the 'reality tv shows'.

Your sighting was exactly like mine . I omitted the lights revolving just to see if anybody shared my experience .
I will definitely be watching the skies more from now on

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Well it must be alien/black-ops tech if it was revolving then... we haven't got the technology to make something look like it's revolving

Of course it couldn't be something as simple as lanterns tied together... that would be too complex for us stupid humans to engineer

posted on Dec, 26 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Great news. I hate when the ufo scene goes quiet. I'm off for a look outside and a fag now. Don't think I've heard of a decent triangle sighting since the late 90s. Back then there were tons where I live. Couple of daylight sighitngs too.

edit on 26-12-2011 by wigit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join