It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Triangle craft over Manchester UK .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Small observation from watching the video posted of the "triangle", which shows the 3 lights moving in perfect triangular formation, but the stars in the background appear between the lights as it moves across the sky. So, it's not a solid object, rather 3 separate light sources in formation.

Interesting nonetheless!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Dam I missed it and I live in Oldham. I am in the flight path of Mcr Airport. During the summer we do see some strange lights about. Next summer I will try and film some. Merry Christmas all.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hi there,

I signed up to this forum for exactly this sighting! I saw the same back in 2009 near Manchester Airport I will add a link to my sighting to see if it matches your description, please let me know if it does via PM or e-mail whichever! Thanks again, Mike.
My Triangle UFO Sighting

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
These triangle craft must be flying out of somewhere in the UK . Strange how nobody has ever viewed one in the daytime .

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Small observation from watching the video posted of the "triangle", which shows the 3 lights moving in perfect triangular formation, but the stars in the background appear between the lights as it moves across the sky. So, it's not a solid object, rather 3 separate light sources in formation.

Interesting nonetheless!

Triagular UFO's...especialy ones that exhibit lights of any kind....are most likely Advanced U.S. Military Craft. The really big ones....are most likely Lockheed Stealth Blimps....but the large ones are usually based at Groom Lake as a tell for this is the relatively new and Gigantic Aircraft Hangers that have been built at Groom Lake. You can see these hangers on Google Earth Sat.

G.B. as well as the Netherlands are home to testing and real mission activities of these Super Advanced Craft. as that area of the world is a very close Strategic launching point for missions. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Myself and a friend saw something similar a couple of years ago in Scotland whilst driving along the A1 towards Torness (Nuclear Power Station).

It was around 22:00 and a clear night. I first noticed a green light in the sky in the far distance along the coast, commenting to my friend about it and him passing it off as a plane.

Around 10 seconds later the same light now closer crossed in front of the car extremely low and I could just make out that it was at the rear of a black triangle shaped craft, first instinct was to say it was a fighter jet however it made no noise and previous experience has taught me that they are extremely loud when passing overhead, especially at low altitude. Another reason for the jet comparison is that it was moving at a considerable speed.

If I recall correctly both myself and my friend exclaimed at the same time something along the line of "What the # is that?" before I reached for my pack of cigarettes.

Maybe another 10 seconds later a second identical object passed in front of us heading in the same direction as the previous giving the impression that it was chasing/following it. I cannot recall the colour of the light exactly on this one however it was in the same place and my gut is telling me it may have been white. Again it was silent.

Both objects came from the East along the coast before passing overhead in front very low and heading in southern direction. I could not make out any detail on the objects and they appeared to be a solid triangular shape with the only visible feature being the light at the rear.

We can't of been the only people to have witnessed it as the road was pretty busy as it's one of the main roads from Scotland to the south. We were travelling at around 70mph.

Can't think of anymore details to give and hope this helps with any other triangular sightings.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by freethinker123
Glad you posted and included the time and location. Maybe it would be a good thing to say what part of Manchester you viewed it from as well.

Hi , sorry .
I am in the Irlam part of Manchester . It came from the Oldham direction and flew towards the Warrington area .
I'm sorry I can't even supply an aproximate scale of the sighting

Oldham to Warrington is almost in a direct line of sight with RAF Menwith Hill...the largest USAF base outside of mainland USA.

RAF Menwith Hill is a Royal Air Force station near Harrogate, North Yorkshire which provides communications and intelligence support services to the United Kingdom and the United States of America. The site contains an extensive satellite ground station and is a communications intercept and missile warning site and has been described as the largest electronic monitoring station in the world.

RAF Menwith Hill

It is connected to the US agencies the NSA, the NRO and is believed to be an operational component of the ECHELON surveillance system.

If so, someone or some machine is probably analysing this thread very closely by now.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
These triangle craft must be flying out of somewhere in the UK . Strange how nobody has ever viewed one in the daytime .

RAF Machrihanish

Huge Spaceplane Sighted Over Ireland in 2004

A huge shuttle type spaceplane was sighted over Ireland on April 27th, 2004 by Miles Johnston, a Dublin Tower Rigger at 8:30pm.

It was traveling west to east and took 8 seconds to travel from directly overhead to where it disappeared in the evening sky above greater Belfast, Ireland.

Miles wrote me about a month later and enclosed this drawing and map.

I recently wrote to Miles and asked permission to post this information on ATS and he said by all means. He also said it was ok to give his name.

The only comment I have other than there is no doubt in my mind that this is a space shuttle operated by the U.S. is that it may be constructed out of the new ceramic materials that we have been hearing about. And when I say ‘new’ ceramic materials, they are about 20 years old and can withstand extremely high temperatures. Also, it was probably landing at Macrahanish (about 60 miles north of this sighting.)

Here is Miles drawing.(see above) (It was in pencil so I darkened the lines with a black felt tip pen.) Below [is] his letter and below that the map.

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now then if you can do some sketches and try to write up all you can recals like direction etc I will add it to our reports

Another legend involves the Space Shuttle, with claims that the runway is certified to accept the Shuttle should it be obliged to land in Europe, which also requires facilities for the Shuttle/Boeing 747 lifter to recover the craft. Unfortunately, there do not appear to be any documentary references cited to support this claim, although there is evidence that NASA has selected Shannon as an emergency landing airfield for the Shuttle, together with RAF Fairford.

Secret Scotland - RAF Machrihanish
www.secretscotland.org.uk...
edit on 17-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Cheers Zorgon,

I'm bloody envious of Miles, i can tell you!

That thing was huge.

It's amazing that more people didn't see it. I suppose most people simply don't look up anymore.

The description is similar to the Phoenix sightings, not the 'lights', but the huge silent, triangular craft that blotted out the stars behind it, seen by many on the night.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
There have been many sightings of triangle craft over the uk.

Here's a good video of one over Southampton ( gotta love the commentary )

Notice they rotate while hovering.

Peace

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikey
That thing was huge.
It's amazing that more people didn't see it. I suppose most people simply don't look up anymore.

true that.. actually very few people pay attention to the skies (except those on a smoke break
)

Here is another short story...

Hill AFB, Utah 1985 During war games at Hill AFB, Utah, I was standing out on the flightline, guarding the perimeter, the entry-access control point. The rest of the base was in black out conditions, with black plastic over the windows of the buildings. All of the sudden, an aircraft or an airship was above me, of unknown origin. It was the biggest aircraft I have ever seen, completely silent and moved approximately ten miles an hour, almost floating. It was triangular, no visible engines, no markings, gun metal black. It essentially looked like it could fly in space. And when it accelerated, it leaped frog; that it is to say, it blinked out and reappeared farther away. It basically disappeared when it accelerated. BV

There is a little more to that story, but not for public viewing
The significant part in this one is the date

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I do not live in the UK but the US, I have seen a triangle craft. The one I saw was low and slow, and it was quiet. I suspect it may be military, or maybe some type of blimp tefhnology. It just drifted/flew across the night sky, across a field.

I believe you, no pictures needed!!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrivaled1

Nice! Hadn't seen that one before. Filmed while driving? Why didn't they pull over?

I will see if I can get a motion stabalization done on that one

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

1985 Zorgon?

Lots of sightings all over, but the Whitley Strieber (NY) is probably the most famous then.

Is that what you mean?

If you can't post the rest of the account you mention, how about a PM? I'm curious now.
edit on 17/12/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
I was walking down the street mid week of last week, and saw a bright golden bolt shoot across the sky , almost so fast as to leave one with the impression that one was suffering an artifact of madness or hallucination, and had I been indoors , I would have missed it entirely. I am still not sure what it was, although I would have thought it was some sort of space debris kissing the edge of the atmosphere at extreme pace, before hurtling off into the cosmos.

Let me guess - it was early/mid evening and it was traveling East to West? Did it also seem to be closer that you would expect a meteor to be?

Did you know that the Geminid meteor shower was peaking last week?

Dazzling meteor shower on Wednesday!

What you described sounds exactly like a Geminid, which are quite fast, and usually last no more than 2 or 3 seconds, althogh most are under a second.

Junk or space debris is usually much slower (about the speed of a comercial jet at cruising altitude), and can take 2 or 3 minutes to cross the sky, horizon to horizon. Perhaps 90 seconds with the faster satellites or junk. Junk re-entries also tend to last much longer, usually 10 seconds plus.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
One of those triangles i spotted with some mates out in the foothills in scotland, very odd, no lights, completely blacked out, flyin very low and made no sound. Odd.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Looks like a Lockheed constructed Stealth Blimp....of ridged construction and using an advanced form of propultion. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think you may have seen the Taranis UAV out of Warton. It's being tested at the moment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Very nice piece of kit. Looks just like the one the Iranians have got LOL!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashishin_no1
I think you may have seen the Taranis UAV out of Warton. It's being tested at the moment.
Very nice piece of kit. Looks just like the one the Iranians have got LOL!

Soon there will be so many triangle sightings and we will be swamped with "Triangle UFO" videos... and every skeptic will just say "Oh its one of those pesky UAVs"

X45C

X47B Several threads on this one spotted on a truck

TANARIS

NEURON France

And Boeing...

Boeing Testing Drone Swarming Tech

defensetech.org...

Going to be REAL HARD spotting real UFO's from now one

Like this one

Project: PEGASUS - Northrop Grumman X-45C UCAV ( Diego Garcia - 1995 ) so-called Trinidad UFO photo courtesy PRAVDA]

edit on 18-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Ah forgive me, I know its inaccurate, but because I think of most meteors and so on as debris, smashed off of a bigger celestial object, or left overs after creation so to speak, I tend to call un specified meteors debris , or junk. I am aware that space junk is a term used more often to describe trash that we have lofted and then left there, and that on occasion my terms of reference can be somewhat obsfucatory. My apologies for any confusion.

Also , thank you for alerting me as to the likely cause of what I saw. It certainly does seem as if you are correct in your deduction, that what I saw was part of the shower you linked to. Certainly fits the bill quite nicely, and it is good to have absorbed that data. Many thanks once again!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join