It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silent Triangle craft over Manchester UK .

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
This happened 5 mins ago . I was outside on a cigarette break at work . The sky is very clear and there is a frost .
I was pointing out the location of Jupiter to a work colleague , when we both spotted a triangle craft moving across the sky in a north south direction .
The craft was silent and moving at some speed ( faster than a comercial jet ) . There were no flashing lights , just three dimly lit, but constant lights that made up a triangle .

I know I am going to get the usual " pics or it didn't happen " , but I don't care . I am only posting this in the hope that somebody else in the area spotted this and can hopefully coroborate my account .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I've seen one of those fly silently over my house. It's a huge triangle with the lights, as you describe.

I believe it is the TR-b3 "Aurora".

www.realufos.net...

I see a lot of weird things in the sky out here by New Mexico. That triangle was really strange. Definitely man-made, though. The one I saw had a red FAA light blinking on it, otherwise I would have freaked out thinking that I was fixing to have a close encounter.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
TR-3B, possibly?

There's been a few reports around the globe of triangular-shaped flying objects in the skies..& if you're saying it had 3 dim lights (in each corner?), then it fits the description of the TR-3B..

That's if you believe it to be true..Since, whilst there's no denying that the Aurora Project & TR-3B was definitely a real thing back in the 60's-70's (if I remember correctly)..It's been said that the whole thing was eventually scrapped.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I'm sorry I can't give any more info . I have tried to best describe exactly what I saw . There is no way I could have filmed it . Also it was hard to judge it's size . I all I can say is , I know what I saw . I live and work in a direct flight path for Manchester Airport and if this thing was a comercial craft , it had no aviation lights .

Regards .

Terry
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SmoKeyHaZe

Since, whilst there's no denying that the Aurora Project & TR-3B was definitely a real thing back in the 60's-70's

How can you say theres no denying when its never been proved to exist?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

How much detail of the craft did you see? So just how close was it flying above you?

Also, you didn't confirm or deny whether it was a TR-3B..

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe
reply to post by tpg65

How much detail of the craft did you see? So just how close was it flying above you?

Also, you didn't confirm or deny whether it was a TR-3B..

It was flying directly overhead . was totally silent . No flashing aviation lights , just three dimly lit lights that gave it the look of a triangle .

How would I confirm or deny if it was a TR-3B, when I have never seen it ?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Glad you posted and included the time and location. Maybe it would be a good thing to say what part of Manchester you viewed it from as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

It was flying directly overhead . was totally silent . No flashing aviation lights , just three dimly lit lights that gave it the look of a triangle .

Did it look like this?

www.satobs.org...
One of the interesting sights in the night sky are the Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) satellite formations, each having two or three satellites in close proximity to one another. Normally these satellites are relatively dim to the unaided eye, but on occasion they brighten sufficiently to be easily seen in a dark sky.
www.eclipsetours.com...
There are some spacecraft for which no formally published orbital elements exist. Instead, amateur satellite watchers have acquired and tracked these objects and publish unofficial information. The NOSS satellite groups are part of traveling trios that are associated with an apparent surveillance system.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
My son and I witnessed a huge black triangle craft flying low over our city back in Fall of 2005. He noticed it and I looked up when he said " MOM, WHAT IS THAT" It was large covered the hole sky above our heads and was completely silent traveling west to east.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Did it look like this?

www.satobs.org...
One of the interesting sights in the night sky are the Naval Ocean Surveillance System (NOSS) satellite formations, each having two or three satellites in close proximity to one another. Normally these satellites are relatively dim to the unaided eye, but on occasion they brighten sufficiently to be easily seen in a dark sky.
www.eclipsetours.com...
There are some spacecraft for which no formally published orbital elements exist. Instead, amateur satellite watchers have acquired and tracked these objects and publish unofficial information. The NOSS satellite groups are part of traveling trios that are associated with an apparent surveillance system.

No , sorry .
The lights were closer together and were very dim .

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
Glad you posted and included the time and location. Maybe it would be a good thing to say what part of Manchester you viewed it from as well.

Hi , sorry .
I am in the Irlam part of Manchester . It came from the Oldham direction and flew towards the Warrington area .
I'm sorry I can't even supply an aproximate scale of the sighting

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

This happened 5 mins ago . I was outside on a cigarette break at work . The sky is very clear and there is a frost .
I was pointing out the location of Jupiter to a work colleague , when we both spotted a triangle craft moving across the sky in a north south direction .
The craft was silent and moving at some speed ( faster than a comercial jet ) . There were no flashing lights , just three dimly lit, but constant lights that made up a triangle .

I know I am going to get the usual " pics or it didn't happen " , but I don't care . I am only posting this in the hope that somebody else in the area spotted this and can hopefully coroborate my account .

How large was the craft?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

Hi Vrill .

It's hard to judge an approximate size , but I would guess no bigger than a commercial jet .
It took less then 20 seconds to cross the sky

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

S&F! I spotted one of these myself about 5am over my house in FL. It was a couple of months ago. I had a lot of naysayers saying pics or it didn't happen but really, who cares what they say? It is more important that you know yourself what you saw. I did some investigating after wards and deduced what I saw was a top secret stealth aircraft called the TR-3B. Pretty cool huh? I was a little disappointed it was terrestrial but it is believed the design is based on reverse engineering of actual ET craft. Perhaps...that much - I do not know.

Here is the thread where I discuss it and no one seems to take me seriously! www.abovetopsecret.com... This was no satellite btw. It was flying low and silently just over the treetops. It floated and appeared flat like a magic carpet. It was the strangest thing I have even seen and I am fairly old and have seen a lot.
edit on 17-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by tpg65

S&F! I spotted one of these myself about 5am over my house in FL. It was a couple of months ago. I had a lot of naysayers saying pics or it didn't happen but really, who cares what they say? It is more important that you know yourself what you saw. I did some investigating after wards and deduced what I saw was a top secret stealth aircraft called the TR-3B. Pretty cool huh? I was a little disappointed it was terrestrial but it is believed the design is based on reverse engineering of actual ET craft. Perhaps...that much - I do not know.

Here is the thread where I discuss it and no one seems to take me seriously! www.abovetopsecret.com... This was no satellite btw. It was flying low and silently just over the treetops. It floated and appeared flat like a magic carpet. It was the strangest thing I have even seen and I am fairly old and have seen a lot.
edit on 17-12-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

Hi .
Thank you for your post .
I know how hard it can be to accept something at face value , but just like you , I know what I saw and what I saw was no comercial aircraft . This thing was seriously moving at some speed .
I have never seen anything like it in my life .

I will take a look at your thread to see if there are any similarities .
Have a great weekend

Terry

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Heard a lot of suggestions about this being an Aurora type craft. I have to say I find the idea absolutely crazy. Heres why. Those craft are supposed to opperate at the same height as the now decommissioned Blackbird aircraft, which had a cruise speed of Mach 3.2. There is no way to achieve mach 3.2 or above with a quiet engine. So the chances of this thing being an Aurora or similar craft are virtually nil. Stealth does not mean silent.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I have to agree. Also why the heck would it be sneaking over Oldham???
Anyway- I love the way that so many sightings take place during cigarette breaks. And here was me considering quitting in the new year!...

Any way, thanks for the post OP, very interesting!

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads you on what you saw tpg, a friend of mine saw a black triangle over Mossley some 11 or 12 years ago, much lower so the craft was visible and during the day

Why over Oldham is a good question really, Mossley is just a few miles from Oldham, there are no military air bases nearby, and going further east from this area takes you over the Pennines.

For those interested, if it was travelling from Oldham to Warrington then it was heading in an east to west direction.

Wish I could of seen this, the only time I saw a UFO was 40 years ago (I was in Salford crossing over the river Irwell, so not far from where you are) and was a different type, would be nice to see something else

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Goosegash

It is interesting how many things are sighted on a cig break. However, when having a cigarette in the UK , it is customary, nay , the law, that one be outside in order to consume it. I would posit therefore that the time a person is most likely to see something is when they are outside, rather than when they are under a roof. Although I like having a roof over my head as much as the next person, thier opacity does not lend itself to examination of the night sky, or any of its strange contents nearly as well as being outside does.

I was walking down the street mid week of last week, and saw a bright golden bolt shoot across the sky , almost so fast as to leave one with the impression that one was suffering an artifact of madness or hallucination, and had I been indoors , I would have missed it entirely. I am still not sure what it was, although I would have thought it was some sort of space debris kissing the edge of the atmosphere at extreme pace, before hurtling off into the cosmos.

Cigarette breaks are moments of introspection and reflection, an almost meditative moment for some, in amongst a working life of hectic insanity. Since the dawn of thought , mankind has in such moments, focused his eyes on the heavens, in an unconcious attempt to make some sense of the world around them, by remembering the scale of all that exists, and remembering our place with in the gargantuan thing that is the universe. It is little wonder that people spend more time looking up when partaking of such a past time ,if one thinks about the motivations for the subliminal behaviors we engage in when in that mode.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join