It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul DESTROYS Bachmann on Iran war debate.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The most frightening thing is that she is entirely too close to Washington, even if her poll numbers are in the single numbers. She is using fear mongering to further herself, and unfortunately, its a very effective tool. Ron Paul is a common sense person, and because of that he wasn't taken seriously for the longest time. It was far more entertaining to watch the drama kings and queens make fools of themselves but now we are seeing how dangerous these fools will be if they attain higher office. I'm not republican or democrat, I'm American.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Are you all insane? Do any of you know anybody from Iran? I know several people and I can tell you from talking with them that if Iran gets a nuclear weapon the radical religious faction will have no problem initiating a war against Israel. They believe their Savior will rise up and lead them to victory over the world.

I do not want our country going to war with Iran but what I want less is a country that is run by madmen in possession of a nuclear weapon. It we get solid intelligence that they are moments away from achieving that goal I hope to God we have a president that has a sense to strike and take out their capability, we don't have to have a drawnout war just take out the facility.

I like a lot of things about Ron Paul if there is a Republican I will vote for it will be him but the idea of withdrawing our military from the world does not sit right with me. I have heard him say on several ocassions that he does not know why we need to be in Korea. I served there and I could easily explain the reasons why to him but he should know them already. We do need to scale back the military but what he is proposing is to much.

I wish Ron had answered the hypothetical question straight forward instead of the way he did. That is one part that has me doubting him. I believe I could have lived with everything else but I wanted to know when the chips were down that he would act.

Someone here has stumbled onto the truth.

Michelle Bachmann is on the intelligence committee. She knows the truth.
---------

Words of wisdom;

With the exception of Nazism, Communism & Fascism, war solves nothing.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I agree with Ron Paul on this issue...the problem for Ron Paul is that I think most Republicans don't agree with him on this issue.

They even said last night that he is "left of Obama" on this issue...in this election, for a Republican, you don't want to be tagged as being left of Obama on anything. To the Republican voting base, that means you are more wrong then Obama is on this issue.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I agree with Ron Paul on this issue...the problem for Ron Paul is that I think most Republicans don't agree with him on this issue.

They even said last night that he is "left of Obama" on this issue...in this election, for a Republican, you don't want to be tagged as being left of Obama on anything. To the Republican voting base, that means you are more wrong then Obama is on this issue.

I hear ya.. but that comment he made last night really puzzled me... What is "conservative" about spending oodles of money invading other countries? How can strengthing our borders and focusing on making sure we are safe here be considered "leftist"...

Of course, I know it was just a propaganda tool to sway the arguments, but it still seems odd that people would buy into it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

With the exception of Nazism, Communism & Fascism, war solves nothing.

With the sweeping nod to NDAA & S.1867, my US is Fascist.

(Anyone know where I can get a musket for me and my horse?)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
since when did america get to decide what other countries do? lets not forget america helped ovethrow a freely elected democracy in iran. america helped install a dictatorship which led to the whole theocracy nutcases we are dealing with now. look up how many acts of evil have been commited by the american and isreal governments. we are the problem and create/encourage all of these conflicts.

RP is right we need to get the hell out of other countries and fix our own. whats the death toll now of middle eastern peasants born into oppressive regimes(that we continualy create/support)? we give these regimes an enemy, someone their peasants can hate more than than their own governments. its how these sh#t turds stay in power!!!

we gave mmburak 1 Billion a year(for 30 years) bordering isreal at 2.7 Billion a year(over the years 100s of billions)

(p.s. in the end mmburak had 70 billion in his personal bank account. now thats money well spent by a country on the verge of economic collapse)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Bachmann's very last comment makes my blood boil. How could she even fathom saying that after everything she just got done saying!

Hahah it made me laugh. "IM GUNNA BRING PEACE BY STARTING WAR!!!"
Bwahhahahahaha

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Im not trying to put words in Rons mouth here ..

I think what he was trying to say last night is that whoever the President is . .. he must follow the Constitution regarding WAR.

Unless some of you think that flying a Plane/drone into some other countries without consent is NOT an act of war. I think it is an act of war IMHO ..

Its NOT about Bombs guys .. its about the Constitution ..

I would suggest that Ron this time should NOT be pushed into a corner ..

I dont think he will put his name on the nomination for President Ever again.

He Will get elected to a public position AGAIN .. but .. I dont think he will hold back.

Sometimes its better Not to be the president

Well who would want to be the president elect LOL .. Who I ask ..

The president is nothing more than the laws that he is given. Not Much IMO ..

LAWS mind you ..

I think Ron is On Spot with $$ ..

Bombs .. Nukes ..Iran,Iraq,Afgan,Libya etc .. does not matter.

$$ .. follow the Money .. thats where he is Spot ON ..

Funny Nuke scare does not even Faze him .. because HE KNOWS its just Another Tact. ..

He IS Smart. Mebbe not as smart as you want on this or that issue .. but the Main issue is the Constitution .. he is Smart about That. But some of you went Way beyond the Constitution and call yourselves Patriots ... .. Suckers the lot of you !

Peace

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Man.. I love Ron Paul..

I noticed at the end of the debate when talked about exposing tptb almost nobody clapped for him.

Then I realized that they are all asleep. They wanted nothing more than pretty words.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Damn straight RP! That's why our country is in the financial shape it is. I'm not endorsing anyone, but this video hit home with me. War should be a last resort ONLY. However, it's a very complicated issue with Iran. I'm only saying I agree with the point he made about starting wars (such as Iraq which had NOTHING to do with 911) and not only that, but multiple wars dragging on and on, while ignoring much more pressing issues, such as our country dying a slow death.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
According to some dude on YouTube

"In the IAEA report referenced by Bachman last night on page 4, section C, second sentence it cleary states that there is an absence of any indicators that Iran is considering reprocessing irradiated necular fuel to extract plutonium."

Well damn, Bachmann is crazy.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

I think you hit it right on the nose there. That's exactly what the US needs to do. Not only for the American citizens but for the whole of north America. Let's take back the tittles of the greatest contries on Earth. Like back in the day when we actualy sat back and conducted business in a somewhat civilized maner like the strong silent type as you pointed out.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Wow - after seeing this I know Ron Paul is a complete and utter idiot! - and it's not the wars that bankrupt America, it is fighting them to win hearts and minds, then nationbuilding afterwards that have done so.

And it was never necessary to go to war with islam in the first place - just stop pretending that it is an acceptable belief system or a religion!

Sun Tzu is rolling in his grave!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Bachman's view is also very popular on ATS I have seen her line of argument many a time in the Middle east forums. I guess some republicans must find it hard to back RP over his foreign policy comments, even though they are true.

That's a good point, even though I thought Dr. Paul won that argument, I think there are alot of people who really believe what Bachman says is correct, even despite what happened in Iraq. There were some boos in the audience after Dr. Paul finished his statement. Ron Paul's stance in foreign policy might be his downfall and since media and the other nominees see that he doesn't flip flop, they will continue to attack him on foreign policy issues. People are to brainwashed to see Dr. Pau'ls argument, all they see is we need to get the terrorist's before they get us and that's very very dangerous. Dr. Paul and his team have to somehow overcome this issue, but how, everything he says is correct.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

Little confused by your statements.. You say he is an idiot, but then you say the same things he is saying? Aside from the Islamophobia that is.
edit on 12-16-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
WOW all these people supporting Ron Paul and not a single comment about the very real threat that Iran will use Nuclear Weapons on us, when they get it.

Be it their extremism, or our extreme views, Iran is a real threat today and in the next six months. You can't change the war mongering America of the past and that's what Ron Paul is trying to do. You just can't give up and pull out of everything. Iraq might be worse off for it.

Iran once again wants to destroy us and they will once they have nuclear weapons. They are the only Middle East Country that is not our ally that will get Nuclear capability and we need a President in office who will take that seriously! We've never faced that threat before. I'm sorry but saying that Iran is not a real threat because we shouldn't have been in Middle East in the first place makes no sense to me! And completely turned me off of Ron Paul.
edit on 16-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8ILlBILl8

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
Bachmann's very last comment makes my blood boil. How could she even fathom saying that after everything she just got done saying!

Hahah it made me laugh. "IM GUNNA BRING PEACE BY STARTING WAR!!!"
Bwahhahahahaha

Yes, i think that's what Great Britain said to Adolf Hitler back around 1940.

5 years later........Peace on Earth: Good Will Toward Men.......History is wonderful.

Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
WOW all these people supporting Ron Paul and not a single comment about the very real threat that Iran will use Nuclear Weapons on us, when they get it.

Be it their extremism, or our extreme views, Iran is a real threat today and in the next six months. You change the war mongering America of the past and that's what Ron Paul is trying to do. You just can't give up and pull out of everything. Iraq might be worse off for it.

Iran once again wants to destroy us and they will once they have nuclear weapons. They are the only Middle East Country that is not our ally that will get Nuclear capability and we need a President in office who will take that seriously! We've never faced that threat before. I'm sorry but saying that Iran is not a real threat because we shouldn't have been in Middle East in the first place makes no sense to me! And completely turned me off of Ron Paul.

Actually, I did comment on it here.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

War should be a last resort ONLY. However, it's a very complicated issue with Iran.

I mentioned it too. Iran could be a danger.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish I could kind of whisper little hints to Dr. Paul during the debates - because while his ideas are certainly the strongest, his delivery doesn't match some of the time. Specifically:

MIM-104 Patriot Missile System. 'Nuff said. Not only that, Israel is looking to upgrade their patriots to the David's Sling, an even more advanced missile-defense system. How can anyone seriously think that Iran can even touch Israel? They have arguably the most advanced military outside of the US. Compare that to Iran's third-rate military. Night and Day.

You know what this reminds me of? North Korea. Anyone remember how we were all set to go to war with them as they were just about to get nuclear weapons, because we were convinced that they would use them on S.K. at the first opportunity? What happened there? If I remember correctly, I stopped seeing North Korea in the headlines after we figured out that they had nukes for sure - and, correct me if I'm wrong, they didn't use them. But wait, 'ol Kim is a madman who wanted to wipe S.K. off the map, just like the mainstream media told me! Why didn't he use his nukes then?

I say let Iran have nukes, if it's going to prevent another useless war. Ironically, it seems, the most deadly weapon we have ever created turned out to be the most peaceful one. Can anyone imagine what the 'Cold War' era would've been like without nukes? I don't even want to think about it...
edit on 16-12-2011 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join