It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOLD UP! Who said Lucifer is evil?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

Really?

How do you figure that?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by Chemley

I have read that book.....

You do know in the book of Job, "God" kills his whole family, destroys his farms, his wealth, and gives him diseases right?

Sounds like a nice guy to me.....

All that just to prove a point.....

Yeah real nice guy....

Do any of you really know your Bible? Here's what it says...

Job 1:12

"The LORD said to Satan, “Very well, then, everything he has is in your power, but on the man himself do not lay a finger.”

This was Satan's doing. God only allowed Satan to do it to show him that Job would remain faithful to Him. After Job remained faithful, God blessed him in abundance...

Job 42: 10-16

"10) After Job had prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before. 11) All his brothers and sisters and everyone who had known him before came and ate with him in his house. They comforted and consoled him over all the trouble the LORD had brought on him, and each one gave him a piece of silver and a gold ring.

12) The LORD blessed the latter part of Job’s life more than the former part. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. 13) And he also had seven sons and three daughters. 14) The first daughter he named Jemimah, the second Keziah and the third Keren-Happuch. 15) Nowhere in all the land were there found women as beautiful as Job’s daughters, and their father granted them an inheritance along with their brothers.

16) After this, Job lived a hundred and forty years; he saw his children and their children to the fourth generation."

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
LUCIFER = LUCI- = LUCID

Lucifer is like the core of your brain, controlling unconscious, primal, and such . God is the third layer of our brain, or the outermost layer, which controls cognition.

There should be a three total.
Mind, body soul
Father, son, holy ghost
God, jesus, lucifer?

Make sense yeah?
edit on 16-12-2011 by dadank because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

your bible also states that its ok to own slaves, and to sell your own daughter into slavery.
edit on 16-12-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

These mere ideas that someone has come up with isnt even correct. They arent even the meaning of those situations, its almost like the writer of these pictures doesnt havent a faintest idea of what those situations even meant. Heres an example of what I mean.

Picture #1
- Lucifer aka Halal the Angel who denies the truth, life and everything that is good saw Eve in the Garden of Eden who was easier to trick and deceive because he couldnt deceive Adam. Adam saw the Heavenly Father Yahuwah create the animals in front of him to name until he was finished and saw he had no helper or helpmeet like himself. Then Yahuwah created a helpmeet called woman to be by his side. But Eve did not see the power of Yahuwah and creation so she could not know for sure who made the garden, so then Satan was claiming he can show you better things than this and caused her to obey Satan's word and not the commandments of Adam and the Heavenly Father. Satan used Eve to get to get through to Adam to bring him into sin so that he would disobey the Heavenly Father, and worship satan. It was all about getting Adam to fall into sin.

Picture #2
- Satan approached the Messiah Yahuwshuwah in the desert to tempt him to worship him. He wanted the Messiah to deny His Father's plan for coming to earth and to try get him to worship Satan instead of Yahuwah. Giving him food was just one example of the few things he tempted him with like giving him all the earth making him the king of all of it etc. Yahuwshuwah the Messiah already knew He was going to inherit the earth when He completed His purpose for coming to Earth. Satan had nothing to offer him, that is why the Messiah told him "be gone Satan!". Shows that self control by the power of the set-apart Spirit is more powerful than giving in to evil desire of the Devil , the father of lies.

Picture #3
- The Heavenly Father did not want us to live in complete ignorance, but in fact Satan wants Man (man and woman) to live in ignorance to the pure truth of Heaven and live for yourself only. This means that you will sacrifice truth for pleasure, and will not excel with the everlasting knowledge of our Heavenly Father Yahuwah. Eternal growth and happiness is what Yahuwah offers us, Satan offers nothing but deception and the moment of pleasure, for he cannot produce anything but only twist and manipulate. After the moment of pleasure is death, and darkness forever, and Satan knows this and wants to deceive any he can to deny the Father and the Son in his web of lies.

To think Satan is smarter or more logical or offering you anything more is to be complety ignorant of the obvious truth that is in front of you.

1. Who made Satan? Or what has he done?
He didnt make himself, he was created by Yahuwah. Satan has only manipulated the truth and offered nothing but lies and instant gratification of the SELF. And his power is no comparison to that of the Heavenly Father Yahuwah. Satan despises man, jealous of him, hates him for what he is and will do anything in his power to bring him down to the depths of hell.
Satan is the one who promotes the saying:

If im going down, im taking you all with me!

2. Where does Satan go after the judgment?
He and his messengers or angels (including those who worship him that means people) will be cast into outer darkenss and everlasting fire and punishment.

3. What does Satan offer you?
He offers you instant pleasure for eternal damnation.

4. Why would you follow Satan who has no comparison of power to the Heavenly Father and offers you nothing more than what you see now with your human eyes?
Because its easier to do what you want, to be lazy than to resist the evil desires of this life and instant gratification, and ignore the punishment until the last moment possible. Sounds just like those who know there is a Test coming up, but dont know the time of the Test, but dont care to study for it or prepare for it, but would rather enjoy life now while it lasts. Because hey, they may not even have to write the Test and its so far away dont worry about it now, enjoy yourself instead. Cause after this, they are aknowledging there is nothing left of good, but only pain, suffering and mourning. Listen to the lyrics of the songs nowadays "enjoy yourself now, cause it could be over tommorow". That is aknowledging there is a end to this life, and afterwards is suffering, mourning, and punishment. That is critically thinking.
Think about it.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Nobody has mentioned this yet so I thought I would pipe in, there is a text called the Alta Vendita that was supposedly written in the 19th century by the Italian Carbonari that discusses some of these themes. I have only seen a physical copy of it once and read through some of it out of curiosity while I had the chance. It is pretty obscure, I don't even think sacred-texts has it available on their website but I am sure some of you net savvy folks out there could find it.

I know we are talking in metaphors here, I am convinced most of the bible and other ancient religious texts do just that and were never really meant for literal translation, but it highlights in parts how lucifer and god were symbolically role switched by the early scribes.

Lucifer, as the AV story goes, came to the garden of Eden to free Adam and Eve from what was otherwise a golden gilded cage created by God for his own delight. Seeing humankind's entrapment he elicited Eve to take the fruit of knowledge from the tree of life (i may have my terminology off here so sorry in advance I am no theologian) and thus embark humankind on the path of their own spiritual progression...

That is a rough synopsis, it was a long time ago that I read it, but the substance has always stuck for some odd reason. I am not religious and like i said, all symbolism and metaphor but interesting to think about nonetheless. Good post S+F.
edit on 16-12-2011 by clowdstalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dadank

Just to inform you, the trinity is a man made deception. It stems from pagan doctrines of sun worship. Nimrod, Tammuz, and Semiramis. Look it up.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
For a fun discussion of this subject try reading "Job: A Comedy of Justice" by Robert A. Heinlein.

It is a hilariously satirical dissection of the Job story, God, and Lucifer.

some quotes:

The difference between a coward and a brave man is mostly a matter of timing. (13)

There was nothing sinful about looking at feminine loveliness unadorned. It was as sweetly innocent as looking at flowers or kittens---but far more fun. (54)

Never marry a woman who prays too much. (69)

Paranoia is the only rational approach to a conspiracy world. (101)

Theology is never any help; it is searching in a dark cellar at midnight for a black cat that isn't there. (283)

When it is necessary to bluff, always bluff big. (301)

I never met an angel I liked. (337)

Crying in your drink is bad enough; crying into a hot fudge sundae is disgusting. (408)

There isn't any great difference between one female and another---save possibly in their cooking. (396)

Is this Hell? Or is this Texas? (417)

A man who is happy at home doesn't lie awake nights worrying about the hereafter. (438)

www.gotterdammerung.org... dy-of-justice.html

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I always thought of lucifer as the quintessential anti-hero. Leads a revolution against a tyrannical ruler and fails, gets sent to hell, massive propaganda ensues brainwashing the masses about the "evil" one. This then is played out in a microcosm through human drama for eons. Beautiful and tragic story really.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
what looks weird in ur arguments when u mean to talk about some entities, is how u never mean it objectively
u always try to prove its sources that makes it alive, so if god want satan to b u get back to god wills and prove satan entity of god wills being real how satan is then surely like that, since him too will b of what sponsor him

i dont know if u can get the sense of the picture im giving here, it is a disgusting living circles of nothing happy to have like a steady box of powers so keep managing its constancy to not get less from neverending negative stories life in absolute terms inferiority realms certainty

satan is his freedom not what he is through like a human is his free stand conscious not what he looks like being or doing
even in religions what im saying is meant a bit , from the image of nudity that god showed humans being through is mostly stating humans in true individual free stands perceived existing facts

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
how can people still believe in the bible after all we have discovered to this day. its just plain asinine. to each their own i guess... i'm sure it all happened to an extent, but we should really be questioning it. after all it is history, and we question history to this very day.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seektruthalways1
4. Why would you follow Satan who has no comparison of power to the Heavenly Father and offers you nothing more than what you see now with your human eyes?
Because its easier to do what you want, to be lazy than to resist the evil desires of this life and instant gratification, and ignore the punishment until the last moment possible. Sounds just like those who know there is a Test coming up, but dont know the time of the Test, but dont care to study for it or prepare for it, but would rather enjoy life now while it lasts. Because hey, they may not even have to write the Test and its so far away dont worry about it now, enjoy yourself instead. Cause after this, they are aknowledging there is nothing left of good, but only pain, suffering and mourning. Listen to the lyrics of the songs nowadays "enjoy yourself now, cause it could be over tommorow". That is aknowledging there is a end to this life, and afterwards is suffering, mourning, and punishment. That is critically thinking.
Think about it.

I went to Catholic school for 9 years so I know the story pretty well.

I don't live by any doctrine, I do what my heart tells me is right. I try to be kind, be a good friend, and help my community. I have faith in a higher power. I also think the One God is everything in reality, Jesus, Satan, Buddha, Muhammad, I, and you. More like the "God head" described by Hindus.

Got this from another thread: Psalm 82: 2-8:
""How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? "Selah"
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.
Rescue the weak and needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
"They know nothing, they understand nothing. They walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken.
"I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.'
But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler."
Rise up, O God, judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance."

"Listen to the lyrics of the songs nowadays "enjoy yourself now, cause it could be over tommorow"

Listen to the lyrics of the music I listen too.

Starts one minute in.

Please listen to it all if you want to know how I really really really feel.
edit on 16-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I love those pics! The one thing no one seems to notice is the fact that it doesn't matter what side you walk on, at least you're on a side, because the only other option would be dissolution and chaos, which serves neither. Great post, OP!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rekrul

bc they mean powerful sources, they refuse to give value to existing facts for what inconsciously everyone know that truth is free so u cant mean urself true existing value unless u do a lot in justifying it all being constant fact before getting any sense of being true while no truth will come to give u any support

the problem is what evil make the picture of being true so dark, true value of any point is already its existence without having to realize any, but we do have to realize a lot to get out of powerful fallacies life first while those fallacies are from killing us first

there is no other way but to kill lies but it is noway since lies is god one superiority insistance protections

so it is really about free wills, free individual conscious choices to live or to keep acting against life as proving it a lie, it is where each one recognize himself better through
everyone now knows that life is a lie then it is really everyone choice from what all knowledge

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
lucifer...bringer of the light...
old german/viking god....still celebrated in scandanavia (lilleholmen)
also compared with planet venus...

brought in discredit by christians couse they belief in another bringer of licht...
edit on 16-12-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadank
LUCIFER = LUCI- = LUCID

Lucifer is like the core of your brain, controlling unconscious, primal, and such . God is the third layer of our brain, or the outermost layer, which controls cognition.

There should be a three total.
Mind, body soul
Father, son, holy ghost
God, jesus, lucifer?

Make sense yeah?
edit on 16-12-2011 by dadank because: (no reason given)

I believe in Psychology, it is called:

Id, Ego, Super-Ego

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Most excellent reply my friend!!!

In addition, I find it interesting that satan didn't argue back with Jesus. Jesus is offerered up a temptation, my buddy Jesus replies one time with scripture (what is written) and bam, that topic is squashed... I find that big...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Not only are these memes humorous, they are actually logical and convincing.

Well they are funny, but I don't know about logical and convincing, perhaps if you believe in the traditional versions of God and Satan taught in mainstream churches. Personally I believe Satan is not evil because he makes us do things we shouldn't, we prove again and again that we don't need his help there. Rather, he's evil because he has convinced many of us that God doesn't exist and all of us that human nature condemns us to hell. Mainstream churches are his biggest and best weapon in his misinformation campaign. To me that's the definition of why he is evil, he separates us from the good (God).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Maybe the biggest trick God has done is to make us believe he is good when in fact it is the other way around Satan is the good guy, cheers for this opened up my mind a little.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
how can people still believe in the bible after all we have discovered to this day. its just plain asinine. to each their own i guess... i'm sure it all happened to an extent, but we should really be questioning it. after all it is history, and we question history to this very day.

Yeah well, we question science every day too based on new discoveries, but that doesn't keep people from believing in it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join