It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's possible that your antivirus program to be a spy for the Government?The Gov in your PC!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have no need for an antivirus program, Linux viruses are rare
And if I get one no biggy, I didn't pay for the software so just do it again.

It only took like 10 minutes to install.
And I have my home folder backed up on a flashy.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EndGovtCorruption

TextThey do not need an anti-virus or any other program to monitor you
Oh yes they do,and they do it a lot,everything you download from the internet,could be a potential hazardous material,and you even notice that!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaOwl
I have no need for an antivirus program, Linux viruses are rare
And if I get one no biggy, I didn't pay for the software so just do it again.

It only took like 10 minutes to install.
And I have my home folder backed up on a flashy.
What is rare is also very expensive,I guess,though anything is possible these days,even a Linux could be a rare spy program!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Windows supports 256, 1028 and 2048bit encryption... 2048 is the new standard now for SSL certificates, and the built in encryption library used by most ASP.Net applications uses AES 256bit encryption by default (the maximum is 4096 off the top of my head).

Also in regards to antivirus software spying on you, yes it's possible, but a packet sniffer like ethereal or wireshark would very quickly make it obvious that a program is trying to "phone home". You could argue that the packet sniffers were deliberately programmed to "ignore" certain traffic, but there's also open source packet sniffers developed indepentently by programmers as a hobby. Unless the government has paid off every single programmer and network administrator in the world (if so I want to know where my cheque is), I'd say the chance of antivirus being used to spy on you by the govt = 0%.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Go back to my first post, it is updated with the info that proves they do not need an anti virus to monitor, they hold an encryption key to every microsoft OS that gives them a back door into your computer

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

It's a good computer. Expensive, yes, but you get what you pay for.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
reply to post by chr0naut

TextSo, yeah, the government is definitely spying on us and they could be using anti-virus software to do it.
Do you think that right now they are spying?I mean in this second!They can see what we are talking?

I'm sure of it. The NSA'a system was once called Echelon, but I'm sure they've expanded it and renamed it by now (that's the way you get additional budget allocation, you rename a project and treat it as if it's something new).

edit on 15/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndGovtCorruption

Go back to my first post, it is updated with the info that proves they do not need an anti virus to monitor, they hold an encryption key to every microsoft OS that gives them a back door into your computer
Yes,sure, can I borrow your microsoft OS?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes,sure, can I borrow your microsoft OS?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Huh?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

TextI'd say the chance of antivirus being used to spy on you by the govt = 0%.
Who discovered the nuclear fission didn't think the Atom Bomb.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Google Echelon and UKUSA.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is different than echelon. It was way before it, Echelon started out as an email reading program if I remember right. Microsoft has built a NSA backdoor into every version of Windows since 1995 and only Microsoft and the NSA have the key.

articles.cnn.com...:TECH

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Google Echelon and UKUSA.

TextThe United Kingdom – United States of America Agreement (UKUSA, /juːkuːˈsɑː/ ew-koo-sah)[1][2] is a multilateral agreement for cooperation in signals intelligence among the United Kingdom, the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It was first signed in March 1946 by the United Kingdom and the United States and later extended to encompass the three former British dominions. The UKUSA Agreement was a follow-up of the 1943 BRUSA Agreement, the World War II agreement on cooperation over intelligence matters.[3] This was a secret treaty, allegedly so secret that it was kept secret from the Australian Prime Ministers until 1973.[4] The agreement established an alliance of five English-speaking countries for the purpose of sharing intelligence, especially signals intelligence. It formalized the intelligence sharing agreement in the Atlantic Charter, signed in 1941, before the entry of the U.S. into the conflict.[5]
source(en.wikipedia.org...

Like this?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Why would the Government waste time building software to monitor you when they already have a backdoor built into every Microsoft OS out there? I could see them doing it for NIX OS's but not for MS OS's

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

This is different than echelon. It was way before it, Echelon started out as an email reading program if I remember right. Microsoft has built a NSA backdoor into every version of Windows since 1995 and only Microsoft and the NSA have the key.

articles.cnn.com...:TECH

The datamining and database structures behind Echelon are EXACTLY what you'd need if you were retrieving bulk data from billions of PC's.

There is more to it than just getting the data out of private hands, you also need to strip it down to just what is pertinent to your needs.

And you never get rid of old data, you never know when you'll have an improved search algorithm which will need to be re-run over historical data.

Takes a lot of hardware to store and sort so much data.

It would have to be "bigger than Google".

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I haven't re-researched it and it has been many many years since I read about it but I believe Echelon was actually hardware that they required all ISP's to install on their lines to intercept all communication, not just emails now that I think about it.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Why would the Government waste time building software to monitor you when they already have a backdoor built into every Microsoft OS out there? I could see them doing it for NIX OS's but not for MS OS's
There are certain things that you can multiply,you know..but better ask an NSA worker and he will tell you!

edit on 15-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: s

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

What are you talking about? You haven't made sense the last 2 posts you made to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

What are you talking about? You haven't made sense the last 2 posts you made to me.
I must confess you,and this is very true,that I can tell you,I must be very direct,I know certain things, that I cannot tell!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join