It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's possible that your antivirus program to be a spy for the Government?The Gov in your PC!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Every computer has an antivirus program.He could be the spy in your computer.
You cannot even notice that.Maybe I am wrong.Maybe I am not.
They get any information they want.It's much easier to spy with an antivirus program.Who will notice.
You download something from the internet ,and you don't know, that you have a spy into your house.
From time to time maybe he transmit some data,to a remote computer and you never notice that.Or key words.
Like,plains,terrorist,different countries name..and so on.
So,I ask you:
Is there a spy in your computer?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
i think it's unlikely. very unlikely.

*wonder's if I spelled 'unlikely' correctly*

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimosa
i think it's unlikely. very unlikely.

*wonder's if I spelled 'unlikely' correctly*

Why do you say that?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There sure would be thousands of privacy law suits against anti-virus companies if such a thing was detected.

also you have plenty of hackers out there who dismantle these programs and im sure they would've brought it to our attention

thirdly the government has 100's of other illegal ways to spy on us , cell phones , land lines , text , emails , isp's etc.

Shall we get a anti-virus for our anti-virus hehe

some programs also monitor all connections going in and out of your PC that you can check out to see if there is any hanky panky

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Regardless over whether this is true or not, things like this are why I have a Mac

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
TCPview from microsoft is one such program. You can also view connections by typing netstat -ano at a command prompt

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Regardless over whether this is true or not, things like this are why I have a Mac
Well,you are happy with your Maky,I don't have a Mac,but if what I say it's true,sure I will buy one!

link   
Any program that has access to the internet can be used for keylogging purposes or whatever sort of datamining. Am I afraid about it? Certainly not. Nobody cares about me, nor do they about you. Maybe they'll frown at all the fetish related searchwords I type into a searchengine from time to time, but that's about it.

If they want info about you, they'll get it. Did you know it is possible for anyone to look at your screen at a distance through scanning and enhancing the reflections in your eyes? A very popular technique in company espionage. Or cheating in a high stakes poker game.

link   
I use peer block (formerly peer guardian)

My pc wants to connect to the most random places, thankfully it blocks that from happening. Also lots of places try to connect to me randomly. Whenever I see an IP from an isp or a college, I think script kiddies

Also at one point I had an ISP that said it was from N. Korea try for about 10 minutes to get into my system.

As for the Anti-virus being "spy" ware, it is highly doubtful.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

TextThere sure would be thousands of privacy law suits against anti-virus companies if such a thing was detected.
reply to post by yourboycal2

Who will notice,that you ant-virus program is spying on you,how can you find out if it's true or not,if this is happening for many years now....

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by calnorak
I use peer block (formerly peer guardian)

My pc wants to connect to the most random places, thankfully it blocks that from happening. Also lots of places try to connect to me randomly. Whenever I see an IP from an isp or a college, I think script kiddies

Also at one point I had an ISP that said it was from N. Korea try for about 10 minutes to get into my system.

As for the Anti-virus being "spy" ware, it is highly doubtful.
You don't understand,not the connection,the anti-virus program collect some data and from time to time send it to the good guys!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm sure if we are being watched through our computers, it's through the Windows.

Personally, I believe it's entirely possible, but if they are watching, they're watching everyone, it's not like there's somebody employed to sit and watch me. And since I've broken multiple laws sat in front of my computer, and nobody's knocked on my door yet, if they are watching, they're playing a long game.

But yes, Bill Gates has probably seen your bits and pieces.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
TCPview from microsoft is one such program. You can also view connections by typing netstat -ano at a command prompt
This is happening for many years now,this is for sure,the question is,if they use it outside the country.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Every computer has an antivirus program.He could be the spy in your computer.
You cannot even notice that.Maybe I am wrong.Maybe I am not.
They get any information they want.It's much easier to spy with an antivirus program.Who will notice.
You download something from the internet ,and you don't know, that you have a spy into your house.
From time to time maybe he transmit some data,to a remote computer and you never notice that.Or key words.
Like,plains,terrorist,different countries name..and so on.
So,I ask you:
Is there a spy in your computer?

It is entirely possible, however a simple firewall program would be able to identify outgoing data packets. These data packets can then further be identified by examination of their content.

Several times Microsoft (among many other companies) has been caught out over "phone home" stuff hidden in their programs.

An example of this kind of thing (not Microsoft) is the recent detection of the "Carrier IQ" program that is surreptitiously inserted into a lot of Android 'phone handsets and which collects user data and sends them to the 'phone company.

So, as well as anti-virus, ANY program could be spying on you, even operating systems.

And we do have indication that US government agencies are involved in the creation of malware. The Hacktivist Group "Anonymous" released the source code for the STUXNET worm which they claimed to have retrieved after a computer break-in at two US Government software and security development companies. (It was theorized that the STUXNET worm was initially conceived to damage Iran's ability to centrifuge fissile uranium from yellowcake ore).

So, yeah, the government is definitely spying on us and they could be using anti-virus software to do it.
edit on 15/12/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Just about every program has an option to "send information to the company to help improve their service"

But why spy through antivirus? Theres a million other ways to do it, and like someone else mentioned, if anything like that was ever found, it would go viral fairly quickly. Youd be crazy to think hackers havent already gone through and checked out most major antivuris software.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89

It's easier to get data surreptitiously from a Mac than from a PC.

At most Black-Hat hackers conferences (for the last two years or so), they break in to Mac in seconds but getting into Windows PC's takes minutes.

After all, despite the brand, they are all computers & all the same.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
reply to post by diamondsmith

Just about every program has an option to "send information to the company to help improve their service"

But why spy through antivirus? Theres a million other ways to do it, and like someone else mentioned, if anything like that was ever found, it would go viral fairly quickly. Youd be crazy to think hackers havent already gone through and checked out most major antivuris software.
Because,every computer use an ant-virus program,there are billions of computers,but there aren't billions of CIA officers!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

TextSo, yeah, the government is definitely spying on us and they could be using anti-virus software to do it.
Do you think that right now they are spying?I mean in this second!They can see what we are talking?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They do not need an anti-virus or any other program to monitor you. I am guessing you are too young to remember or maybe were not that aware of computer technology back then but the NSA and Microsoft got into a big fight about access to peoples computers and encryption protocol. The NSA eventually won and in windows 95 the NSA had a backdoor and they didn't even try to hide it, the name of the file was NSA.ext here. I forget the name of the actual extension. In subsequent years they renamed the extension and it has been there ever since, they also made it illegal for Microsoft to package 128 bit encryption into any operating systems they shipped overseas, I believe it is still illegal. I am going to try and find you some reference on it in a few minutes.

Here

articles.cnn... .com/1999-09-03/tech/9909_03_windows.nsa.02_1_national-security-agency-cryptography-windows-nt4?_s=PM:TECH

here is a link about how it use to be illegal to ship encryption out of the USA

forums.xkcd.com...
edit on 15-12-2011 by EndGovtCorruption because: (no reason given)

the link feature appears not to work with this url so I will post the whole url too

articles.cnn.com...:TECH

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join