It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's possible that your antivirus program to be a spy for the Government?The Gov in your PC!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Windows spys on you all the time.
I use a firewall prog. I made it stop ALL progs.
and then it had to ask me to let a prog use it.
guess what. windows kept asking to install a “hook”
for ever program.

I uset to use Comodo.
but I find out it has conections to windows.
and now you have limited control of it.

I use Zone alarm. but with the new one.
I can not set any thing at all.

how many firewall progs.
tell you about the windows hooks?
NON now.
use Linux. but still never trust any of them.

If you wont to use the internet and be safe.
use a prog called, Tails.
its a Linux operating system that runs from a CD.
and has on it Tails. it is a prog to use the web.
but you link to othere computers.
so no one knows where you are.
google Tails and see.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Found this on Echelon.

www.nsawatch.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith
Every computer has an antivirus program.He could be the spy in your computer.
You cannot even notice that.Maybe I am wrong.Maybe I am not.
They get any information they want.It's much easier to spy with an antivirus program.Who will notice.
You download something from the internet ,and you don't know, that you have a spy into your house.
From time to time maybe he transmit some data,to a remote computer and you never notice that.Or key words.
Like,plains,terrorist,different countries name..and so on.
So,I ask you:
Is there a spy in your computer?

Well, it depends whether said antivirus is open source code or closed source code. If it's closed source code you would have to find a way to crack it open to find out. If it's open source code that chance is quite slim, because there would be a world wide community of programmers checking up on it regularly and would eliminate that spyware part pretty fast. If you are really worried about that abandon windows and install one of the many linux distributions. Problem solved. On my Ubuntu linux partition I have an open source code antivirus, just in case I need to scan some windows files or partitions with it. On my Windows 7 partition that I really use rarely nowadays I have a commercial closed source code antivirus that I trust to be trustworthy and free of spyware. Can I be 100% sure of that? No, but the government - especially the US government - has many, many ways to spy on you without you knowing, it does not need to use an antivirus to do that. I faintly remember there was a back-door in some Windows version especially for NSA, CIA, FBI you name it, directly built into the source code of the operating systems.
edit on 15/12/2011 by WalterRatlos because: spelling and grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

I think you're full of s hit, if you "know certain things" about this already then why are you even posting this thread? You are either a troll or a liar.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WalterRatlos

Correct, the NSA has a backdoor built into every version of windows, they do not need to use an anti-virus lol

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndGovtCorruption

I think you're full of s hit, if you "know certain things" about this already then why are you even posting this thread? You are either a troll or a liar.
I said certain things about your statement not about the thread!microsoft OS
edit on 15-12-2011 by diamondsmith because: microsoft OS

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by trustnothing
TCPview from microsoft is one such program. You can also view connections by typing netstat -ano at a command prompt

From Microsoft ?
They Spy on us the most.
so the program will not tell you when They Spy on you!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What kind of goofy are you on? You make absolutely no sense in rhyme or reason. You already know certain things about my posts, yet you made this troll thread? Things I have said that "you can't talk about"? Either explain yourself fully or I consider you nothing but a liar.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

What kind of goofy are you on? You make absolutely no sense in rhyme or reason. You already know certain things about my posts, yet you made this troll thread? Things I have said that "you can't talk about"? Either explain yourself fully or I consider you nothing but a liar.
You can call me whatever you want,it's my option,and thanks for the kind words!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I think that perhaps English is not the first language of Diamondsmith, but also, there is much that they could be prevented from saying for legal or national security reasons.

Doesn't necessarily mean that they are lying, so cut them some slack.

The OP is interesting and the replies are mostly too.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
@the topic starter

Not possible would have been detected by hackers all over the world.

What is possible though is the you have downloaded an infected executable

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by themaster1
@the topic starter

Not possible would have been detected by hackers all over the world.

What is possible though is the you have downloaded an infected executable
And how can we now that it's an infected executable!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Use a Windows OS? yea they can spy on you, But if anything your ISP will be the one to give you up before any companies do.

Using the AV to spy on your actions isn't very likely. IF you are that paranoid about your actions on the net then I suggest you find a way to get to the "Deep web" Or a more expensive means buy 20 laptops and just use random free wifi to browse the net then destroy the thing.

There is someone watching your actions all the time, and for the most part its the ISPs.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Anti virus software has been taken over by big business and government. Your antivirus software should be renamed anti piracy software. They only catch a virus if they are lucky anymore.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

and billions of computers use microsoft word! whats your point!?

if they are going to hide any spying software, it will probly be deeply embedded in a large system, such as with in the OS itself. it would be a lot easier to hide, and a lot harder to find.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
Regardless over whether this is true or not, things like this are why I have a Mac

Wait...what???

App le would NEVER allow a backdoor for government use.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I would have to say if anything is spying on us through our PC's it's our windows programs. heck, NSA had their fingers in windows 7, put that with the web cams and the mics. they got all they need when we are online now.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I think you could be right. All these safeguards and detectors and protectors...it would be the perfect plan, you know? Get us to use them...and then they use us. That probably is already happening to us.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I think you could be right. All these safeguards and detectors and protectors...it would be the perfect plan, you know? Get us to use them...and then they use us. That probably is already happening to us.

I am glad that you think this way,and accept this supposition ,you never know where the danger come from,
anyway,even if it's true ,what can we do!

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
I would have to say if anything is spying on us through our PC's it's our windows programs. heck, NSA had their fingers in windows 7, put that with the web cams and the mics. they got all they need when we are online now.
The windows program must have a transmitter,one is the collector,and antivirus is the transmitter!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join