It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Researcher Introduction - Please READ - Thanks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hi All,

I'm a new researcher in the UFO phenomenon - both from the sightings or possible gov't involvement to abductions or even Ancient Astronaut Hypothesis. I have done research into other areas that have nothing to do with this subject so while I am new to the topic, I am not new to proper research methods and data analysis.

I would appreciate those that are more knowledgeable than me pointing me into the direction of serious research and developments. I have a totally open mind as long as the material is credibly and professionally documented.

One things I seem to notice in this field, unfortunately, is the presence of a lot of undocumented and unsubstantiated assertions. Since I am looking for the more obscure cases etc, I run into a lot of presentations that are cheesy at best (youtube ones are notorious for this). Nothing ruins credibility more than running cheap scary music in the background in the hopes of compensating for the fact that the story does not make sense or has no basis in any facts.

Just to be clear, due to my childhood experience with an UFO I am anything but a skeptic. I am however a researcher that likes to approach subjects with professionalism.

Thanks again and best wishes to all.

(Some of the people whose research I'm following: Budd Hopkins, John Mack, Stanton Friedman. Some accounts I find credible (although I didn't at first): Bob Lazar etc...)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the asylum.

When it comes to undocumented and unsubstantiated assertions, you've hit the main vein here. As an experienced researcher, maybe you can bring some valid evidence to the site. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have.

Seeya around the boards.
edit on 15-12-2011 by N3k9Ni because: edited for clarity

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Thanks N3k9Ni - Sometimes sifting through dirt one can find gold... Hopefully not TOO much "dirt"

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Welcome aboard. Anything new will get posted here regarding UFOs among other things.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

Welcome to ATS firefly9000!

Hope you enjoy your time here.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by firefly9000

Welcome!

I recommend you start here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks very much everybody.... and thanks Chadwickus for the link. ATS seems to have some good resources (underneath all the chaff)

top topics

join