It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
According to the legends 'allah' cursed them to the desert, so they're pretty much stuck there unless someone can call them out, offering them a reprieve from their sentence, they're hung up in the desert like the demons are supposed to be at home in hell.

Ohhhh, so Allah cursed them to the desert, but left a stipulation in there that some puny human can call them away from the desert to do their bidding right after repeating some incantations and rites to bind the Jinn to an amulet so that the Jinn can wreak havoc on an unsuspecting human. Makes perfect sense now.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
By the way they believe that the devil is also Jinn, the devil wasn't the only Jinn around, they are similar to humans, with freewill and they reproduce.

Jinn can reproduce? So they have sexual reproductive organs? I guess that's be rough having sex in the desert sand. How long is the femal Jinn menstrual gestation period? How many terms are there pregnancies, and for how long? Do they have Jinn hospitals where they birth their baby Jinn, or do they push them out naturally?

Little is known about Jinns. HAHA how am I supposed to know these answers, like I said I'm not an expert.

Remember the important part is little is known about them, so many Muslims will get confused or sometimes make stories up to fill in the blanks. So even if you hear stories about Jinns possessing amulets etc, it doesn't mean that's what the old Arab people and Islam truly believed what Jinns could or could not do.
edit on 14-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This warning about the danger of wearing amulets and antique mystical objects isn't only relegated to Islam and jinns, the same should be applied in general to all sorts of amulets, be it Santeria, Obeah, Hinduism, Christianity etc, if an item was blessed or created for a specific person or user it could have negative affects on those whom it wasn't created for. Also such amulets should be accepted only on complete trust and from a source that is reliable to you. In my upbringing, it was advised to me to not eat food made by any and everyone or accept gifts from any or everyone, because of the fear of obeah and what may be attached with those offerings.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
You answered your own question in the fact that Demons generally do not obey the rules set our for them, thus when someone summons one, they get screwed over

Wait, when I first asked about them, you said "Why do we obey authority figures? Why does electricity, x-rays, etc. obey us and our technology?"

Then I gave you my answer that those things don't obey us, and that sometimes people don't obey authority, etc.
and then you said I answered my own questions about demons. I'm so confused.
Huh, i'm the other guy, you know the one that was telling you about the stuck in the desert part, you are confused lol

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Huh, i'm the other guy, you know the one that was telling you about the stuck in the desert part, you are confused lol
Lol, I'm sorry, you're right. All ya'll look alike.

Just kidding!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I was actually going to say, that they can be used to portal in something. People need to be very cautious, their is NO crystal, no talisman, no sacrament that protects us.

Faith, Love, Charity, Trust, Gratitude, Humility, Kindness To Others, these are the real things.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Here's another question. Being that you can't see Jinn, how do you know that a Jinn is attached to an amulet that you have spoken an incantation over?

Also, now do you find out the name of a Jinn? Do they have Arabic names, english names, spanish names, or names that have never been heard of before by any human language?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Here's another question. Being that you can't see Jinn, how do you know that a Jinn is attached to an amulet that you have spoken an incantation over?

Also, now do you find out the name of a Jinn? Do they have Arabic names, english names, spanish names, or names that have never been heard of before by any human language?

First off, i'm going to go ahead and say that since the people in the video appear to be hard core Muslims, then it is only natural that they would claim it to be a Jinn, since they are the Arabic version of demonic entities. Sorry, i dont mean to sound rude/arrogant.

As for the second part i have no idea lol. Maybe there are certain spells or something that allow you to call up a Jinn and talk to it, then capture it
i dont know

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
How do you know that you are real or not and how do you know that when you speak it is words that come out your mouth and not a stream of hot piss
I use my five senses to detect that I am real because that is the only means that I have. Next, when I speak to people, they interact back with me.

Next, I can talk into a cup. I can then study and test the cup and see if there's any hot piss in there. If there is, I will go see a doctor. If there is not, then I know that I'm not spewing hot piss from my mouth. Also, I have tasted hot piss, by accident mind you, and my words do not taste like hot piss.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Basically you don't know(unless it really obvious lol), this is the making up stories part I was talking about, some muslims tend to jump to conclusions.

Anyway on topic with the video, I think she's pranking them I mean why does she continue to talk like nothing happened lol.
edit on 14-12-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
oh come on guys, demons and spirits have a multitude of names, they may be one in the same, we don't know, but we do know that each cultural/religion has their own names for different entities and such. How do people know anything in spiritual matters will really work? they don't! It's all a matter of faith and belief. If you believe in it, you can make it real to you.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
If you believe in it, you can make it real to you.

Sure, but I'm more interested in what is really real.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
If you believe in it, you can make it real to you.

Sure, but I'm more interested in what is really real.

As far as science is concerned all this stuff isn't real, but, really, there has to be some factual basis behind some of these stories dont you think?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Some people obey authority figures, some do not. Some people obey through coercion, trickery, bribes, fear, trades, or for personal benefit. Some disobey no matter the price. The same can be said about Jinn/Demons.

How do we control electricity, microwaves, x-rays, and radio signals? We learn, we research, we experiment. We do not control... we harness and utilize. The same can be said about magi, sorcerers, witches, warlocks, wizards, and other occultists. They are the scientists of the ethereal. There is no "magic" going on... it is highly advanced science. 'Magik' is science that the common average person does not fully understand, so it seems to be 'magic.'

How much reality do you personally experience? To be frank, you are nearly deaf, dumb, and blind. We all are! Consider all of the frequencies, densities, and spectrums of energy, light, color, sound, and matter that humans can not perceive. We need scientific devices to measure, but we still don't 'see'. The same can be said about Jinn/Demons. They mostly reside in densities and dimensions 'outside' of normal human perception. They may 'materialize' into the physical 3rd dimension by their own will or by the efforts of a knowledged occultist. Just as we need scientific devices and methods to measure, harness, or utilize 'unseen' frequencies, similarly does an occultist need their spiritual/ethereal/metaphysical methods and techniques.

Are you sincerely curious, or are you baiting? I don't want to waste my time and energy if this is a game to you.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hydroman, lol, Jinn are obviously just a myth, which I'm sure you figured out based on the pure absurdity of such stories. I once dated a Wiccan, and when I asked her to put a spell on me she said spells won't work on me if I don't believe in them. These people are just deluding themselves into believing in things like Jinn and curses, angels and demons etc. They're interesting stories that give us a glimpse of how people thought and lived thousands of years ago, it's just a shame that people today still hold on to (are forced to hold on to) these archaic belief systems.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Are you sincerely curious, or are you baiting? I don't want to waste my time and energy if this is a game to you.

Peace.

I am sincerely curious. I'm trying to figure out why you think these things are real. How do you know that there are densities and dimensions other than what we live in? Where did occultists get the knowledge to summon a demon into our dimension? In other words, the first person who did it in history, how did he/she know how to do it?

If I understand correctly, occultists can harness/utilize these Jinn/Demons. Why does the Jinn/Demon agree to be used? What does it gain? A vacation from wondering the desert from which Allah cursed them to abide? Is it really a curse if they can be summoned away from there by puny humans? It doesn't make any sense.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Hydroman, lol, Jinn are obviously just a myth, which I'm sure you figured out based on the pure absurdity of such stories. I once dated a Wiccan, and when I asked her to put a spell on me she said spells won't work on me if I don't believe in them. These people are just deluding themselves into believing in things like Jinn and curses, angels and demons etc. They're interesting stories that give us a glimpse of how people thought and lived thousands of years ago, it's just a shame that people today still hold on to (are forced to hold on to) these archaic belief systems.

Hey OMsk3ptic,

I used to think "Heaven and Hell" were NOT real until I experienced them BOTH! Now I KNOW they are REAL but I look upon them in-context through my ENLIGHTENED eye! Humans have aspects of Good and Bad. So infinite God has his "Infinite Heavenly and Infinite Hellish" aspects.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neotech1neothink
I used to think "Heaven and Hell" were NOT real until I experienced them BOTH!
Cool, so you understand why we don't believe you?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neotech1neothink
I used to think "Heaven and Hell" were NOT real until I experienced them BOTH!
Cool, so you understand why we don't believe you?

Hi,

Because I didn't believe in them prior, then I didn't experience them? Is that what you are saying?

Or is it simply that you don't believe I experienced them period?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join