It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
it's predicated on the first three things: loving the lord, loving your neighbor, and forgiveness and salvation. lots of stuff fall under the heading of loving the lord. i think what happens is, inside of us, we are subconsciously aware of what we do and don't do (that whole thing about it being written on our hearts) and it is those little nitpicky things that get in the way. we get in our own path. there's nothing blocking the way, but ourselves. that's what i get out of it, anyway.
When 500+ people are in agreement on something, and nothing happens, that tells me something. If 500+ people can pray for something in agreement, and it doesn't happen, I'm not going to bother even trying.

Then there's this verse: Matthew 18:19 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

it's predicated on the first three things: loving the lord, loving your neighbor, and forgiveness and salvation. lots of stuff fall under the heading of loving the lord. i think what happens is, inside of us, we are subconsciously aware of what we do and don't do (that whole thing about it being written on our hearts) and it is those little nitpicky things that get in the way. we get in our own path. there's nothing blocking the way, but ourselves. that's what i get out of it, anyway.
When 500+ people are in agreement on something, and nothing happens, that tells me something. If 500+ people can pray for something in agreement, and it doesn't happen, I'm not going to bother even trying.

Then there's this verse: Matthew 18:19 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven."
edit on 16-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

he was talking to apostles / disciples, people who had given up everything to follow him. generally speaking, they didn't smoke, drink, do drugs, over eat, improperly eat, marry, lust, covet, murder, or hate. they didn't have personal property and slept where ever they were welcomed. they did, love, share, spread the good news, etc. in one of the scriptures, jesus addresses why they were having trouble exorcising a demon, for example, and he describes a process they would find useful in preparation, even THOUGH they were already so dedicated to doing the right thing, they still needed to address more. and the entire thing was about fasting and praying. seems he was saying that you have to personally be outside of the normal human thought cycle of your flesh, as it interferes with faith. so now stick that 500 people in the same situation. guess what jesus would tell them?

from his words, i'm thinking he'd say something like: to have faith, you have to deny the flesh in the process of gaining your miracle. that's not easy to do if you're busy just being alive the rest of the days of the year.

why would that be, i wonder?
asking for salvation and forgiveness is one thing. it doesn't have strings attached.
asking for the power to make miraculous changes is quite another.
although i will say that sometimes, these things make no sense to me either, but if i just go with what scripture says on the subject, that seems to be the gist of it. the main focal point appears to be how well you can plug into the spiritual and unplug from the flesh. also, if you pray for the answer to be within god's will and are plugged in, and it doesn't get answered the way you wanted it to be, it's likely your will and god's will were not matching in that particular situation. i know that's not very satisfying but it's what i've learned.

edit on 16-12-2011 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

he was talking to apostles / disciples, people who had given up everything to follow him.
Ok. Every time he is speaking to those people in the bible, do not apply it to yourself, because he wasn't talking to you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

he was talking to apostles / disciples, people who had given up everything to follow him.
Ok. Every time he is speaking to those people in the bible, do not apply it to yourself, because he wasn't talking to you.

no you can apply it to yourself, but you have to realize why he said things to them that he might not say to you, because the situations, times, and people are different.

here, let me simplify it: according to the text, the body is an animal. whereas the spirit is a higher evolved being, which is currently trapped in an animal body. these two things are at odds with each other about just about evreything. so if faith and miracles come from the spiritual side, the animal side, has to be ........restrained so that it isn't interfering with the process. think of it like accessing a library of incredible information, that can instruct you in how to do whatever it is that needs to be done, but to go there and learn, you have to suppress your body.

ask any zen buddhist, they'll tell ya, your body is a conduit, and that's about it. lol

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

it's so old fashioned. lol

No its not. If you have faith to move a mountain... then I hand you a shovel. Might take a while. So does a tree from a single seed (take a while).

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

jesus walked on water, healed the sick, controlled the weather, cured the blind, raised the dead, exorcised demons, multiplied fish, turned water into wine, prophesied, read minds, levitated objects, and said any who believed, could do the same. now you're telling me it's not true!?

You missed it too... just a little bit. The difference is you say he did these things and I say he asked for these and it was granted him. Of course one would necessarily need to be "clean" enough for the "real" powers that be to listen and respond. That was his example, not how powerful he was, but how humble he was.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Hydroman... thank you for that earlier bit about evidence. I sawer it.

Right, this is one of the many reasons why I realized that this stuff can't be real. I was a believer for over 20 years. Time and time again I saw where people had faith and prayed, and nothing happened. I mean hundreds of people agreeing for the same thing, and nothing. Why is that? No one in those hundreds of people didn't have the faith as a mustard seed? I'm talking preachers, elders, fundmentalists, etc. and not one could produce that small amount of faith required? If not, then NO ONE can.

Awww, now all you did was discover that men have very little power and that religion is man made. Don't let that block you from taking the next step. Looking inward. Everyone has an antenna to heaven. Use it. I know that is over simplistic. Just don't let men and their religion convince you after all those years that there is nothing else. Keep looking. I can see you are doing that anyway , so don't fret. When it's time, it will find you.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by undo

jesus walked on water, healed the sick, controlled the weather, cured the blind, raised the dead, exorcised demons, multiplied fish, turned water into wine, prophesied, read minds, levitated objects, and said any who believed, could do the same. now you're telling me it's not true!?

You missed it too... just a little bit. The difference is you say he did these things and I say he asked for these and it was granted him. Of course one would necessarily need to be "clean" enough for the "real" powers that be to listen and respond. That was his example, not how powerful he was, but how humble he was.

i'll buy that.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Please, for your own sake, do not challenge something bad happen to you to believe it. It is fortunate for you, those who practice this evil things dont have the education and means to access the internet. Else, he might simply send you a burger or even just say your full name, pics and 1 belongings usually required to perform the black magic).

These are done through these jinn and usually for bad things. There are various methods that the "sending" procedure done, either by wind, road crossing or just personal details like name and address.

Just use the keyword santau for clarification.

Here are some cases that is usual and unusual. I have lots more but due to space constraint and readability...
Take note:
This is pretty common in South East Asia in last 2 decade but reduce now due to education and modern lifestyle, so its nothing new.
Jinn is not limited to the desert, I dont know where you guys get the idea. Its everywhere actually.

For starter, visit my previous post here. The case was national sensation for few weeks, the girl was teleported almost everyday.

Case 1:
Person walk into a restaurant, order and eat, then cough blood on the spot, later hospitalized because of coughing glass dust and leave the hospital because the doctor did not find any cause. Through a shaman, few things usually come out from the body/cough - glass dust, bamboo prick, rusted iron nails, nails clippings, shaving razor, cuts of lime etc. Usually toxic stuff. If untreated - death is possible due to lack of blood.
Reason:
The opposing restaurant hate to see its competitor getting all the customer.

Case 2:
A girl was possessed, when the shaman made the possessing jin talk, it talk in Urdu. A translator was needed to translate, anyway the jin was sent away.
Reason:
The foreigner, a Pakistani foreigner love so much a girl, but she hates him and spit at his face, revenge!

Case 3: This is unusual to me, happen in the 70s
A chinese girl, diagnosed as mental/shizo patient, manage to drive to Thailand from Singapore, what interesting is, she was left naked by her family during custody, because she tears the clothes, they resort to news paper. She arrive in a Thailand Buddhist Wat still naked using a car. She went there for the remedy and cured. The journey was about 800km/ approx 300miles. what remain a question is, how she manage to do it without being noticed naked, pass thru 3 country, without money and of course in mental state like that, never drive a car and she actually know who can cure her.

These are merely the tip of the icebergs, there are more stories that might be weird for you. It actually spawn a few business. Most things science can explain, but there are lots more that science cannot explain.

This is serious matter because there are people already dead because of this - hatred, jealousy and greed.

edit on 16-12-2011 by NullVoid because: URL

edit on 16-12-2011 by NullVoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Tayesin

My point is simply that all the "positive energy" in the whole world that everyone claims to have these days cannot effect one real thing in the real world. Which card am I holding up? Levitate that coffee cup. Turn a brown leaf green. Turn one hair white or black With so little actual power how can we claim to affect anything let alone a demon? We are merely human and should humbly remain so instead of puffing up with some kind of "I have secret powers" or "I have positive energy". Stop playing like you are the master of the universe, you aren't, (friend). Only human. Be humble. Pray for deliverance when confronting evil. Seek divine guidance. Do it humbly.
Playing with hair... geez.

I beg to differ friend. I call you friend because I see us as equal human beings and do not wish to have you mistake my words for contempt, unbalanced ego or argument.. which they are never intended to be.

One of the very first things I do when teaching people is show them how easily they can effect a real object in the real world just using thought to manipulate their energy. We do this using divining rods, which do react to the intended actions of the experimenter.

I get a lot of joy out of seeing the look of scepticism on their faces before we start, which is always replaced by a look of self-doubt quickly followed by amazement when the rods 20 feet away from them move at the same moment they begin the process. I hold the rods in my hands to insure no other means can be used to effect the outcome.

We are far more than just Human... the body is only a suit we wear until it reaches it's use by date. My stance is that we can easily connect with and merge again with the massive and powerful Soul that we really are.. only we have been Indoctrinated into BELIEVING we are much LESS. Hence why I have never operated from the position of attachment to ANY Beliefs and their limited systems of understanding.. for they are the things that Limit us.

All people have the exact same abilities.. none are more special than any other. If you were local to me I could show you in ten minutes that you can do this, easily. Anyone can do it.

Stop playing like you are the master of the universe, you aren't,

No playing here friend. Over 35 years of direct experiences of what exists outside of all Belief-System limitations has shown me that we are first and foremost Powerful Souls.. capable of many things our little human Beliefs say is not possible.

This is because we think far too small.. due to the Indoctrination into our Culture's acceptable mores, the thing that forces most people to simply Follow instead of having the intestinal fortitude to venture outside the comfort zones of Belief in order to experience the bigger picture reality all around us.

I took it upon myself to teach what I have learned in all those years.. and I do so because I understand the current set of acceptable Beliefs we are instructed with from birth, are reaching their use-by date as we move closer to greater understanding and experiences as Souls partially inhabiting these little bodies for such a short time.

Be humble. Pray for deliverance when confronting evil. Seek divine guidance. Do it humbly. Playing with hair... geez.

Yes, choosing humility is the path, but many will still misunderstand intentions due to their own limitations of understanding.... it's just how things are for now.

There is no need to Pray for anything.. or to anything. There is no higher power that forces us to do it's will.. we the Soul choose what we do and where we do it.. 'God' does not give a hoot what we do as we are only supplying it with experience of itself.. since we are only small portions of that immense aware energy

You know, rolling your eyes at someone shows a total lack of understanding on your behalf as displays unbalanced ego... you Believe you know better than those who experience bigger picture reality at will on a daily basis.. and whose only motivation is to assist Humanity to move beyond its Limiting Belief Systems currently in play here.

As my last words at ATS.. I wish to share an ancient Druidic statement of fact that very few as yet conmprehend completely.. "Truth Against the World"

If you come to understand the immenseness of that phrase, then you will be well on the way to your own higher awareness merging.

I do not come to argue words or Beliefs.. I only come to share what I have personally learned from my own experience as an aware Soul with incarnations on this small rock... I was born this way and desire for all people do Know for themselves.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

I hold the rods in my hands to insure no other means can be used to effect the outcome.

Now, if you could make those same rods move while not holding them...

I think we both basically agree on certain grounds. We are limited as humans. And we do have more skills than we are aware of.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I haven't seen The Exorcist, so I have no idea what you're talking about. Did a Jinn enter you? Please explain this fight. I don't understand.

Its best not to elaborate any further, but I watched that movie on a dvd
a couple of years ago. Im sure you can also find it in your local dvd shop.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Hydroman, lol, Jinn are obviously just a myth, which I'm sure you figured out based on the pure absurdity of such stories. I once dated a Wiccan, and when I asked her to put a spell on me she said spells won't work on me if I don't believe in them. These people are just deluding themselves into believing in things like Jinn and curses, angels and demons etc. They're interesting stories that give us a glimpse of how people thought and lived thousands of years ago, it's just a shame that people today still hold on to (are forced to hold on to) these archaic belief systems.

I beg to differ. I've seen them with my own eyes (which, of course, proves absolutely nothing to you), but once you've had a personal encounter, there's not much room for doubt.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neotech1neothink

IF ghosts before their deaths used to be real alive people, then it follows that ALL real alive people become ghosts when they die.

You're making a logical mistake. It's like saying "If alligators breathe oxygen, that means everyone who breathes oxygen is an alligator." Ghosts may have been real, alive people -- but that doesn't mean ALL people become ghosts after death.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.
I'd probably get minus-stars for this post if they existed but I have to say it's amazing to think that in this day and age there are still people who believe 'objects' can be cursed e.c.t

Superstition is a mind trap, just the same as religion, it's not real and anyone who thinks it is is deluding themselves. I mean no disrespect by that before someone uses the 'troll' card, I know people don't like other people going against their beliefs even though those beliefs belong hundreds of years in the past when witches were being burnt for trying to cure colds e.c.t

Free your brains of superstition, people, it's not healthy and it's not real. I hope no one says to me ''how do you know it's not real?'' because if you have to ask then you won't listen to the reasons.

Well, no one will be able to prove to you that objects CAN be cursed. The only way for you to find out is to acquire such an allegedly cursed object and keep it at home.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Thsi is why i never purchase amulaets or mystical objects, until i know exactly what they do. With amulets i make my own, place my own enchantments etc, for mystical objects, i remove the spells if they are bad.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie
Well, no one will be able to prove to you that objects CAN be cursed. The only way for you to find out is to acquire such an allegedly cursed object and keep it at home.
What if you don't keep it at home? What if you put it in the woods back behind your house? Will the woods be haunted? If so, what kind of radius would be haunted? Where would the boundaries be? Same thing for a house? If you have a cursed object in your house, where are the boundaries of the cursed area?

p.s. You said you saw Jinn with your eyes, yet everyone else here is saying that they are invisible. How did you see them and what did they look like?
edit on 19-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylvie

Originally posted by neotech1neothink

IF ghosts before their deaths used to be real alive people, then it follows that ALL real alive people become ghosts when they die.

You're making a logical mistake. It's like saying "If alligators breathe oxygen, that means everyone who breathes oxygen is an alligator." Ghosts may have been real, alive people -- but that doesn't mean ALL people become ghosts after death.

Hey Sylvie,

I was attempting to keep it simple and in context. Ghost - a term the masses relate to. I agree Sylvie. Most individuals become "Spirits" @ "One" with "God" when they die and don't remain as earthbound ghosts.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure about the djinn aspect but I personally believe something can be attached to beloved objects of a person. What it is, I'm not sure. What I do know is that after receiving an antique pearl necklace from my chronically ill then recently deceased grandmother, I was barely able to function. I was laid up in bed all day long barely able to move. I couldn't get a straight answer from a doctor. Luckily my parents believed me and were okay with me staying home, a lot of people were very disapproving of that. And then one day I woke up, and I could get up. I had the strength, the energy, the drive. What was the difference? The night before a good friend had borrowed the necklace to wear to a wedding. She too, felt terrible and ended up leaving the reception party early. Her illness cleared right up when she gave the necklace back. I threw it away.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join