It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The danger of wearing amulets and purchasing antique mystical objects

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In this video as far as I can tell this woman who calls into this tv show was given three amulets for good luck and protection by someone she seems to have known.
After having some bad luck she had the amulets opened to inspect the content. Unfortunately the amulets were not for good luck but instead had jinn attached to them.
Highlights the dangers of wearing such things when you do not know who made them and for what purpose. Some people purchase such things as antique items of a mystical nature not knowing what they are brining into their homes.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If this is real, I feel sorry for her.

I haven't experienced any thing like that before and I hope I don't.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I have only ever experienced 2 objects that I believe to have had something odd about them.

One is a Guardian Angel prayer keepsake made from some sort of metal. I found it and it's disappeared from time to time only to pop up when I least expect it.

The second was a doll I borrowed from a girl friend. If anything I've ever had was paranormal, it would be that.

However, I challenge any claims to "djinn" and other "curses" and "enchantments" of any nature.

I actually want to one day hunt down "cursed" items to see if they do anything.
edit on 14-12-2011 by Xen0m0rpH because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I apologize for my impatience but the squealing was killing please give me a better breakdown?....
i could not make it past her sobs in other words...
Oh got it just doubt the whole bogie man thing The Mind has fantastic ways of deciphering chemical imbalances in people and its displays can be all sorts of things...
edit on 14-12-2011 by freakshowfatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Exactly right, any antique object for that matter can contain nasty surprises waiting for you

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakshowfatty
I apologize for my impatience but the squealing was killing please give me a breakdown?....
i could not make it past her sobs in other words...

They are saying that a sorcerer/magician called upon a Jinn to impede this woman's speech so that she couldn't testify about something, I think. It almost sounds like she's having a stroke.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Exactly right, any antique object for that matter can contain nasty surprises waiting for you

So, how does a Jinn attach itself to an object anyways, and what exactly is a Jinn?
edit on 14-12-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I can understand maybe one out of every 10 words these people say.

What is that accent ? it's super thick - are they from grimsby ?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende

What I'm wondering is why are they all speaking english if they are foreign? Next, why is he speaking english to the Jinn?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

I know that now. Thanks.
The way that I see it is that if it is another person has seen it and they believe its real who am I to say that is not "reality" could very well be her reality

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

So, how does a Jinn attach itself to an object anyways, and what exactly is a Jinn?

If you have the time, listen to this...

Very informative

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

The definition of a jinn is:
any of a class of spirits, lower than the angels, capable of appearing in human and animal forms and influencing humankind for either good or evil.

Now, for an item to be cursed for whatever reason, it must have soe type of history with said spirit, so it can be attached to it, like how some spirits are attached to the last place they died, some ay be attached to a personal item they once owned. As for a Jinn, i am not sure as to how it attached itself to the item, in the video they claim that a magician attached it. So it appears that these people on this show don;t really get the full mythological definition of a Jinn. Hope i helped

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dachende

What I'm wondering is why are they all speaking english if they are foreign? Next, why is he speaking english to the Jinn?

Idk what TV show it was or where it was broadcasted, there are many English speaking Muslims.

IMO entities do not speak through any language but rather through thought forms/meaning which can be spoken through any person in any language. Just my theory.

Anyway, regardless oh how legit this video is, I wish I could hear the thoughts of the dude on the right in the videos

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

Jinn are the Islamic equivalent to demons. The fallen ones... those of the kind of Shaytan, Iblis, Satan.

The woman in the video is under demonic possession.... creepy.

In Islam, it is said that humans are made from mud and clay. Angels are made from light. Jinn are made of smokeless fire. Jinn have the ability to shape-shift into animals, remain invisible, or show their true form. They are said to whisper ideas of sin and back-sliding into the ears and hearts of mankind.

edit on 12/14/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No matter which flavor of Abrahamic religion is followed, there is a distinct opposite sitting across from it. Christians have the devil and demons, as do the Jewish religion. The Islamic faith has jinn, efreet, and devils as well as demons. Jinn are spirits of the desert, and since the belief system of the middle east is so deep and pervades every freaking aspect of life, right down to what hand to wipe your arse with, fear is in every shadow. This fear is what gives power to the darker aspects of the religion they follow, and makes the demonic all the more powerful. One without fear is one without demons.
As for binding a lesser demon or jinn to an object, well, there are plenty of incantations and rites that can be performed. After all, when you consider how much power people believe relics have, doesn't it make sense? And considering the existence of a lesser fallen and where it may be spending its time, being bound to an inanimate object doesn't sound like such a bad thing. The subject would be willing to reside within the confines of a ring or amulet as opposed to being without company in the vast wastes of the desert with naught but time on its hands.
People don't realize that to own or keep an object that has an inhabiting demon means that they have a constant companion who may or may not even like them. Its like having an asp in your boot if you're not wise. If you dump the serpent out of your boot with care and respect then you won't be harmed. If you just jam your foot in, oh well, should have looked first. Always look, always respect, and if such companionship is not desired, without fear excuse the being from your presence. It is the 'without fear' part so many can't do. That's where the trouble begins. Sounds like the girl on the phone was either faking because she is easily duped into thinking it is real, or never had any idea what she was getting into, and it got away from her.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
The woman in the video is under demonic possession.... creepy.

What is the purpose of demonic possession?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
As for binding a lesser demon or jinn to an object, well, there are plenty of incantations and rites that can be performed.
Where did those incantations and rites come from and how do they bind a being to an object? Can someone do an incantation or rite and bind ME to an object? If not, how can it work to bind some other being to an object?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
As for binding a lesser demon or jinn to an object, well, there are plenty of incantations and rites that can be performed.
Where did those incantations and rites come from and how do they bind a being to an object? Can someone do an incantation or rite and bind ME to an object? If not, how can it work to bind some other being to an object?

Are you looking for a rational scientific explanation ?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
A jinn can be attached to an amulet by knowing the name of the spirit, to know its name is to have power over it. The one who made the amulet would have summoned a jinn and then bound it to the object by writing its name on it along with its task. Only when it completes its task will it be free.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Are you looking for a rational scientific explanation ?

I don't know. Just trying to figure out how anyone else knows how this works.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join