It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which US Government Program is the most unconstitutional?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I would say the entire U.S. Government, but the Federal Reserve has my vote for most unconstitutional.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

No program is unconstitutional.
That's like saying a bullet commits murder.

It is in the application of the program(s) that constitutionality comes to play.

Just my two cents.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The Department Of Education . What RIGHT does the Goobermint HAVE in trying to Control how our Children are Taught ? Answer - No Right !

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

There are various aspects of how the government operates that I disagree with but are within the realm of the constitution.

I mean, abortion is constitutional but so is social security. One, arguably, takes away personal responsibility while the other maintains it.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

How dare you semi-agree with me!!

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by beezzer

How dare you semi-agree with me!!

I won't tell if you don't.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
The U.S. Congress.

Most recent legislation has had a negative impact on the majority of U.S. citizens.

Most legislation has not been approved by the majority of citizens.

Congress members legislate on behalf of the corporations/banks that pay the most.

The corporations/banks sift the money from local resources and do not return the wealth.
The wealth is held in the investment banks.

Many are international organizations.

All the money is disappearing into thin air......

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think CPS is pretty unconstitutional with all it's anonymous tips, searches without warrants (in effect that's what happens, because if you refuse, often you make the chances of having your child taken WORSE), you don't get a jury by trial, ect.
I'm glad my kid is grown!

And the Federal reserve - absolutely.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by spyder550

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think they are a bunch of thieves and under the law of the land, the law that I follow, I am in no way a Employee of the Government of Canada, therefore the IRS or our equivalent the CRA can bite me.

All you are paying for is others misfortune as the system destroys more lives than it helps.

I will not fund terrorist wars and public programs that do not work.

I will pay all the tax they want, on purchases, but not on my income. It's wrong.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Yeah well that is a cop out -- when a society picks and chooses the laws they obey - you have an anarchy - you might find Somalia nice.

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Actually, if you have a society that gets to decide EXACTLY what laws it chooses to follow, you have a truly free society, not anarchy.

It's called Libertarianism.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Actually, if you have a society that gets to decide EXACTLY what laws it chooses to follow, you have a truly free society, not anarchy.

It's called Libertarianism.

I agree.

The U.S. and Canada both need to have citizen votes on most national legislation.

The politicians rarely vote for positive legislation that has positive impacts on the majority of citizens.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join