It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which US Government Program is the most unconstitutional?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
We can all agree that the US government is one corrupt ponzi scheme forever intertwined with military, health care, education system, big businesses, and the 1%.

So which program does the most damage to our system? Which one takes away the most basic rights of human beings? Which one limits personal freedoms and personal responsibility the most? Which one is the most unconstitutional?
edit on 13-12-2011 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
According to what I've seen in the last few years and especially with the current administration, the entire US Government is unconstitutional.

I have never seen the words "US Constitution" used so much in print and media in my entire life as I have in the last 6 Months.

Gotta mean something right?

Peace

edit on 13-12-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Do you have a specific program in mind? I know the entire Government kinda has been under Bush and Obama but which programs specifically? I'm thinking smaller than the whole thing here.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
We can all agree that the US government is one corrupt ponzi scheme forever intertwined with military, health care, education system, big businesses, and the 1%.

So which program does the most damage to our system? Which one takes away the most basic rights of human beings? Which one limits personal freedoms and personal responsibility the most? Which one is the most unconstitutional?

to me that would have to be the federal reserve act. affecting so many in multitudes of ways, completely changing our economy and monetary system, to its determent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The IRS..

Any tax other than a general sales tax ( as the government had a hand in that transaction) is theft. Pure and simple.

How dare the government arbitrarily decide that your hard earned dollars are theirs.

Luckily I pay 0% income now.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I think a root cause is definitely the Federal Reserve.

It ultimately led to the huge debts because of their interest based money printing, supported through monstrous military spending. Then come all the black budget stuff no one ever even hears about but swallows billions which in turn creates so much debt + the added interest.

The military was just an example, you can put any other department under the same principle I think...

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Liejunkie paranoia alarm activated

This has government fishing trip all over it

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Do you have a specific program in mind? I know the entire Government kinda has been under Bush and Obama but which programs specifically? I'm thinking smaller than the whole thing here.

I would have to say The Patriot Act (I know not a program) The Fed and Obamacare are at the top of the list here.

I am also going to say the forced immunizations of school children that seem to be gaining ground might be the biggest one because of it not just being an assault on personal freedoms but on the actual person themselves.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
income tax
drug laws

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to pick one, so I won't. I'll pick three.

1) The Federal Reserve

2) The FDA

3) The EPA (this from a "treehugger")

I see a need for regulations, I see a need for government agencies to ensure those regulations. But, it's all turned into a horrible HUGE mess. Big Business etc...can simply buy their way out of on one hand and on the other it criples small business.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Interesting choice for a "treehugger" to choose the EPA. What ticked you off about them specifically?

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

According to google insights, most searches for "US Constitution" were done in September 2005. Which is kind of suprising considering the rise of the Tea Party in 2009 and all that clamor about the constitution.

As far as the question posed by the OP, I think it will depend on how you view the bill of rights. Every program is constitutional...but do they all fall within the realm of the first ten amendments? If they do, or don't, is it in the literal or the abstract?

For example; do you view the bill of rights as being exclusively the rights of American citizens or do you think they extend to all men and women? More specifically, illegal immigrants and Guantanamo detainees? That could drastically differentiate which programs are the more 'unconstitutional.'

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Without a doubt the IRS.
Wealth confiscation for redistribution.
It is also the only system where you can have all your wealth and ablitiy to earn confiscated and liquidated without due process, and where you are guilty until you prove yourself innocent.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

It's just gotten way too big and useless. Big Businesses, Oil Cartels etc...the ones that do the most damage get away with so much. I firmly believe we need environmental laws, it's extremely important to take care of our home and I think SOME policing needs to happen. I can't think of specific cases off the top of my head for examples of both, but maybe tomorrow or the next day I'll dig around and write up a thread.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I would have to add the congressional/house senator, president, etc health care programs. We pay for those and they aint cheap, but what do those beasts want to cut out as soon as the deficit takes a huge increase? Medicare/medicaid, that's what, and forget funding for health care clinics. I would bet if our medicaid and medicare makes up forty percent of government spending you can bet your whazoo the government "political office" Medical plans meet or exceed that percent. Besides who wants these already old farts living any longer than they already have? I mean they are already older than the money circulating is.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

The IRS..

Any tax other than a general sales tax ( as the government had a hand in that transaction) is theft. Pure and simple.

How dare the government arbitrarily decide that your hard earned dollars are theirs.

Luckily I pay 0% income now.

~Keeper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

You think the IRS is bad yet you pay no taxes -- I guess I am paying your share - you are welcome, feel free to enjoy the benefits of my largesse.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by jude11

As far as the question posed by the OP, I think it will depend on how you view the bill of rights. Every program is constitutional...but do they all fall within the realm of the first ten amendments? If they do, or don't, is it in the literal or the abstract?

This answers your question. Which one retards personal responsibility, takes away personal freedoms and corrupts the system the most. The US Constitution usually only applies to Legal Americans ideally.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Which one retards personal responsibility, takes away personal freedoms and corrupts the system the most. The US Constitution usually only applies to Legal Americans ideally.

None of those criteria are unconstitutional.

To say that certain inalienable rights (officialy listed in the bill of rights) extend to only those that we deem fit to hold those rights flies in the face of the philosophy of what this country was founded on.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

I think they are a bunch of thieves and under the law of the land, the law that I follow, I am in no way a Employee of the Government of Canada, therefore the IRS or our equivalent the CRA can bite me.

All you are paying for is others misfortune as the system destroys more lives than it helps.

I will not fund terrorist wars and public programs that do not work.

I will pay all the tax they want, on purchases, but not on my income. It's wrong.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

Which one retards personal responsibility, takes away personal freedoms and corrupts the system the most. The US Constitution usually only applies to Legal Americans ideally.

None of those criteria are unconstitutional.

To say that certain inalienable rights (officialy listed in the bill of rights) extend to only those that we deem fit to hold those rights flies in the face of the philosophy of what this country was founded on.

Any government program that retards personal responsibility, takes away personal freedoms and corrupts the system is unconstitutional as the government is supposed to be in the best interests of the people not itself, the system, an ideal, or special interest corporations or groups!

What is your definition of unconstitutional then?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join