It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama "Justifies"( FEMA??) imprisonment of civilians !!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
so all those crazy conspiracy theorist were right Duh!

A new World Order is actually taking shape right now before our eyes.

having a serious plan of escape is not a bad idea!

Red Dawn wont even seem that bad compared what they got planned

"Forgive them for they know not what they do"

edit on 14-12-2011 by setiorion because: needed it

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The bill was passed?!

Members approved the rule by a 245-169 vote that saw 13 Democrats join all but two Republicans.

One of the more controversial provisions of the bill is language that reaffirms the authority of the administration to detain people found to be associated with al Qaeda, and requires military detention for anyone who plots an attack against the United States. In both cases, the bill does not create any new authority to detain U.S. citizens, ensuring their rights to a fair trial, and the military detention language does exempts U.S. citizens.

thehill.com...
edit on 14-12-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

They should've BOO'd him.

How dare he propose these constitution stomping ideas RIGHT NEXT TO THE CONSTITUTION!

I'm so fed up with this, don't they see where this is leading us?

I know they aren't that dumb, therefore they know exactly what's going on!

I'm just bewildered..

So frustrating.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by setiorion

so all those crazy conspiracy theorist were right Duh! A new World Order is actually taking shape right now before our eyes.

And people will just let congress pass it as usual... Why aren't people outraged? Why aren't they demanding answers from congress?

All these things are preventable, more people need to wake the heck up NOW before it's game over.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I love the smell of double talk in the morning....

what a ridiculous speech from a ridiculous "man".... I put man in quotation marks because lets face it the THING we call Obama has not shown any sort of integrity or decency at any point in his entire term. He has shamelessly derided the bush administration while at the same time carrying forward the worst of the worst policies from said administration. Not only has he continued said policies he has actually taken these already reprehensible actions and taken them so much further than the bush administration ever DREAMED of taking them!!

Lets hope that legislation like this is a wake up call to the voters of this country. Let's hope that the people see this and realize that we need this "man" out of office before he does any more damage to this great nation's framework of laws and it's basic social contract.

To think that he criticizes the bush regime on one hand for it's "ad hoc legal strategies" and yet he so vehemently supports his "extended detention" or whatever it is even laughably going so far as saying he'd work to make it fit within the laws and CONSTITUTION of this nation. Every time this "man" mentions the constitution I get the urge to wash his mouth out with soap. He knows NOTHING Of the constitution or it's intent to keep this nation a nation of free men and women.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Who is Miss Bush ?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by roguetechie

Thank you Roguetechie....

That was well written and well said..

I agree with everything you just wrote..

And I also thank all of you here for being civil in this thread!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

40 members of Congress have sent an urgent letter to House and Senate Armed Services Committee leaders protesting provisions of the National Defense Authorization Act that would legalize indefinite detention of American citizens without trial, as the revised version of the bill heads for a final vote on Thursday.

40 Members of Congress Protest 'Indefinite Detention'

Opposition to the bill has been bipartisan. While the letter is signed mostly by Democratic members of Congress, Republican representatives like Justin Amash, Ron Paul, and Rand Paul have also been vocal in their opposition.

Yet another extremely clear reason why we need the good doctor as our POTUS. Bless him.
edit on 14-12-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
forgone conclusion at this point, but just noting that the WH is backing down from a veto: thehill.com...

So, senate votes like tomorrow, and this bill hits Obama's desk friday, most likely. This is the week that what was left of the idea of america died..and memo to those of you non-americans who keep harping on those of us who believe in the 2nd amendment. If you want to know why we HAVE a 2nd amendment..THIS IS WHY. The founders knew if we weren't vigilant, we'd be right where we are now.

edit: it might be time to talk to the congress people who oppossed this(those few) about invoking 25...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 14-12-2011 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is it 1984 yet?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
can you believe there are people applauding him? Obama could be kicked these peoples parents' teeth out and they'd still support him. stupid blind #s. like really. obama could literally do anything he wanted and his fan boys would still get wet for him

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The WH was planning on vetoing this bill. It was at their urging that the language of section 1031 was changed, thus removing any protections of the American people. Consider it a done-deal / nail in the coffin.
edit on 14-12-2011 by primus2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It surprizes me more that people are still surprized at what Obama will do.There were many people trying to inform the people as to who and what Obama and his mancow wife are before he was elected, and no body listened or cared, you know like political correctness was ignored, how's that working for ya?.

So now that Obama has put into place all that he needs to back up the UN law when marshell law is installed there is nothing more to talk about, except maybe what people are going to do when this happens,.................OH wait, we don't belive that Obama will bring us marshell law........................well I guess we will just have to wait and see, we have come this far beliveing that "it just won't happen to us", why not stay the course.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but thats all I have left for anything about Obama anymore.This guy makes Bush look like a boyscout and not one word of IMPEACHMENT,yet thats all people talked about Bush.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Maybe this is how the 'ball' will start rolling...

Watch for more an more nosey parkers, busy bodies and people with a grudge / axe to grind, reporting their co-workers, neighbors and people they may just not like to the authorities, with unfounded/unsubstantiated claims that they are potential terrorist (maybe they work late in their garage at night or whatever...).

Or maybe the fear of being accused yourself, causes you to point your finger at someone else first? Often the best way to deflect unwanted attention, is to make sure people are talking about others. In time you'll join the cheering.jeering as the jackbooted LEA's drag these falsely accused people away. Research FALSE ACCUSATIONS to see just how powerful and dangerous tool this is (witch hunt mentality is still alive and well).

Once the above builds momentum, you'll find yourself living in a place that resembles Nazi Germany.

Wish you guys luck but I couldn't stand to live in the same country as Obama!

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nevermind.. Saw this post below... Old news apparently...

reply to post by Kahlder

edit on 12/14/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I hope this bill is a topic during tomorrow night's Fox News Republican Debate and that the moderator allows each candidate a few minutes to describe which side of the line they are on.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This was reported back in 2009.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

next you'll be hearing that obama will change the presidential term to 20 years, soon after he hacks the election computers to an overall majority, or the more likely, he'll enforce military rule, if thats the case then until he disengages military rule, only then you have a vote.

the growing mind of a dictator, in my view you didnt just get the first american black president, you got the first ever american black dictator with an authoritarian ruling government. only time will tell if im wrong.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

yes and they make up the majority, " hes doing whats best for us all", "were ok honey, were not terrorists or were not gonna get us a parking ticket" but what if your mister meaner gets deemed a "terrorist" act?

i love ron paul, but i feel hes setting himself up for martyrdom and you'll still be stuck with obama.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm a conservative, but I have to say the last election was lose/lose.

This crap wouldn't be any better under that idiot McLame.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join